32x11.50x15 - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > General Jeep Discussions > Tires & Wheels

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 02-16-2012, 08:11 PM
Thread Starter
  #1
Jeeper
 
shanes04wrangler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: chicago
Posts: 273
32x11.50x15

ok newbie here to the jeep scene, i got a 04 tj x 4.0l 5spd mods are banks intake and exhaust and a airaid tb spacer. i am living in the city of chicago, to be honest this jeep is barley going to see a trail unless i go back home to detroit but will be seeing snow and pot holes other than that its clean , so i would like to know if a 32x11.50 on 15x8 wheels will fot fine with a 2.5 sky jacker lift and maybe a 1 inch body lift if i think it needs it. i think the jeep needs to be high than what it is stock. i have searched and have read diff things. also with the 2.5 lift will i need to any driveline work that may cause vibrations? and pics will help with the choice to go with this wide of a tire.

shanes04wrangler is offline   Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 09:42 PM   #2
WF Moderator

WF Lifetime Member
WF Supporting Member
::WF Moderator::
 
kjeeper10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 53,739
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanes04wrangler
ok newbie here to the jeep scene, i got a 04 tj x 4.0l 5spd mods are banks intake and exhaust and a airaid tb spacer. i am living in the city of chicago, to be honest this jeep is barley going to see a trail unless i go back home to detroit but will be seeing snow and pot holes other than that its clean , so i would like to know if a 32x11.50 on 15x8 wheels will fot fine with a 2.5 sky jacker lift and maybe a 1 inch body lift if i think it needs it. i think the jeep needs to be high than what it is stock. i have searched and have read diff things. also with the 2.5 lift will i need to any driveline work that may cause vibrations? and pics will help with the choice to go with this wide of a tire.
32's will be fine with 2"-2.5"
Adding washers to the steering stops will prevent rubbing at full turn.
Make sure the wheels have the correct backspacing.

kjeeper10 is offline   Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 10:10 PM
Thread Starter
  #3
Jeeper
 
shanes04wrangler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: chicago
Posts: 273
i was looking at the american racing out law 2 15x8 3.75 back spacing and throw the 2.5 sky jacker lift with wider fender flares. i still need to get a build sheet for my tj but i know i have a d44 in the back just dont think it has lsd , and not trying to fry my tires to find out lol
shanes04wrangler is offline   Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-16-2012, 10:34 PM   #4
WF Moderator

WF Lifetime Member
WF Supporting Member
::WF Moderator::
 
kjeeper10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 53,739
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanes04wrangler
i was looking at the american racing out law 2 15x8 3.75 back spacing and throw the 2.5 sky jacker lift with wider fender flares. i still need to get a build sheet for my tj but i know i have a d44 in the back just dont think it has lsd , and not trying to fry my tires to find out lol
You are fine.

This was my TJ w/ a skyjacker BB
I would stay away from a suspension lift.
I had plans for 32's but never upgraded because of my 3.07 GR
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2609677457.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	133.1 KB
ID:	97764  
kjeeper10 is offline   Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 10:39 PM
Thread Starter
  #5
Jeeper
 
shanes04wrangler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: chicago
Posts: 273
so the sky jacker 2.5 kit is not worth it , i know all it is upgraded springs and hydro shocks ,and i have read that this kit has a pretty comfy ride. i like that look but want a lil more hight
shanes04wrangler is offline   Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 10:49 PM   #6
WF Moderator

WF Lifetime Member
WF Supporting Member
::WF Moderator::
 
kjeeper10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 53,739
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanes04wrangler
so the sky jacker 2.5 kit is not worth it , i know all it is upgraded springs and hydro shocks ,and i have read that this kit has a pretty comfy ride. i like that look but want a lil more hight
I have no experience with that lift FYI
I just think there are better lifts out there.

That being said, that lift is pretty basic
The shocks are actually pretty good.
Not sure on how good their coils are.
Might want to look into that.
I did have a very minor vibe with a 2" BB
which could have been cured with a TC drop.

What is your budget?
kjeeper10 is offline   Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 11:41 PM
Thread Starter
  #7
Jeeper
 
shanes04wrangler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: chicago
Posts: 273
also i planed on throwing on tc lowering plates .1500 for wheels and tires and 700 for a lift. but i dont want to go high than 3inch since i will prob never use and dont want to be replacing parts all the time due to the high lift
shanes04wrangler is offline   Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 02:14 AM   #8
Jeeper
 
TJNewbie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Robertsdale,AL (Lower Alabama)
Posts: 1,827
I have the Hydro shocks and I'm pleased with them, they came with my Skyjacker 2.25" BBL I didn't get any vibes when I did my lift, but everyone's jeep is different. I think you'd be good with 2.5" and a 1" body lift if you wanted more clearance. what I've got is ok for me for now, the skyjacker shocks that came in my kit are good up to a 3" lift kit, so if (when) I decide to get taller springs, I won't have to get shocks too. if you do a body lift, you can do a motor mount lift too, it often takes care of the drive line vibes, instead of doing a TC drop.
TJNewbie is offline   Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 02:41 AM
Thread Starter
  #9
Jeeper
 
shanes04wrangler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: chicago
Posts: 273
good deal, thats what my plan is , I like the look of hight and tire combo. good enough for me and the city.
shanes04wrangler is offline   Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 04:24 PM   #10
Jeeper
 
TJNewbie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Robertsdale,AL (Lower Alabama)
Posts: 1,827
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanes04wrangler View Post
good deal, thats what my plan is , I like the look of hight and tire combo. good enough for me and the city.
Me too It's crazy how just a small lift and bigger tires, Totally changes the look of your ride!
TJNewbie is offline   Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 03:47 PM
Thread Starter
  #11
Jeeper
 
shanes04wrangler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: chicago
Posts: 273
yea i love when mods do that lol i am so use to having cars and them going lower and its opposite this time.

shanes04wrangler is offline   Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
32x11.50x15 Pictures?? camtron3712 TJ General Discussion Forum 41 01-27-2012 12:28 PM
PA: 5 like new 32X11.50X15 KM2's smooth 8's for trade Chris65GMC Classifieds Archive 8 04-14-2011 09:39 PM
32x11.50x15 or 33x12.50x15 crikeyjeepturtles TJ General Discussion Forum 3 03-31-2011 09:45 PM
4 Interco TSL/SX 32x11.50x15 swampers - $500 (Beacon NY) jamesx2 Classifieds Archive 1 08-07-2009 03:21 PM
32x11.50x15 on a stock TJ???? KellyK TJ General Discussion Forum 29 11-06-2008 10:34 PM





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:37 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, Gladiator, Mopar and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to FCA US LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with FCA US LLC.