BFG KO2 vs. Cooper STT Pro - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > General Jeep Discussions > Tires & Wheels

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 04-29-2016, 08:58 PM
Thread Starter
  #1
Supporting Member

5-Year WF Supporting Member
 
Digger70's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Clearfield County, PA
Posts: 2,610
BFG KO2 vs. Cooper STT Pro

I've had the 34/10.50r17 KO2 for about a year now and thinking of getting the 315/75r16 Cooper STT Pro with black Cragar soft 8's in a 16x8 with 5" backspacing. I don't want them to stick out far from the fender flares due to state laws and know I will have some rubbing at full lock. I read elsewhere that someone had a similar setup of the 315/75/16 and 16x8 with 5"bs and no issues.

__________________
Sold 3/30/17: 2014 Willys Wheeler JK FR
Sold 6/5/19: 2015 Sahara JK BY
Sold 8/22/19: 2019 Sahara JLU HY
Bought 8/22/19: 2020 JTR FR
Digger70 is offline   Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 10:21 PM
Thread Starter
  #2
Supporting Member

5-Year WF Supporting Member
 
Digger70's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Clearfield County, PA
Posts: 2,610
I might just get the 315/70r17 and put them on my current wheels. I should get a decent height with 8.5 wide wheels. Hopefully close to 34". I was really disappointed with the height on the 34 KO2s.
DTD on ebay is running their $50 off coupons and have already slashed prices of their tire auctions. So 2 315/75r16 are around $541 and then add the $50 off and you have a great deal plus free shipping. You can use the coupon 3x. I found the wheels cheaper, around $85/ea from another ebay seller. I'll probably sell the KO2's and they only have about 1000 miles on them.

__________________
Sold 3/30/17: 2014 Willys Wheeler JK FR
Sold 6/5/19: 2015 Sahara JK BY
Sold 8/22/19: 2019 Sahara JLU HY
Bought 8/22/19: 2020 JTR FR
Digger70 is offline   Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 03:08 AM   #3
Jeeper
 
HunterTheBeagle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: NE Pennsylvania
Posts: 2,042
Ive been running 315/75r16 on 4.5 backspacing wheels in PA now for a few years and have never even gotten a second look from LE or inspection agencies, now granted if you were doing something dumb and they wanted to nail you for it they certainly could, but I'm not too worried about it. Heck, I even chopped my fenders so they stick out further than normal fenders. If that isnt the route you want to go I understand, im just saying ive personally never had any issues.
__________________
2012 Crush JK Rubicon. Teraflex 2.5" coil w/fox shocks and ATS, 1/2" front and 1" rear TF spacers. TF monster front and rear track bar, RK F/R lower arms, Ruff Stuff front upper. 315 75r16 duratracs. LOD armor lite mid w/Warn VR 8000. Lots of other goodies.
HunterTheBeagle is offline   Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 04-30-2016, 08:52 AM
Thread Starter
  #4
Supporting Member

5-Year WF Supporting Member
 
Digger70's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Clearfield County, PA
Posts: 2,610
Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterTheBeagle View Post
Ive been running 315/75r16 on 4.5 backspacing wheels in PA now for a few years and have never even gotten a second look from LE or inspection agencies, now granted if you were doing something dumb and they wanted to nail you for it they certainly could, but I'm not too worried about it. Heck, I even chopped my fenders so they stick out further than normal fenders. If that isnt the route you want to go I understand, im just saying ive personally never had any issues.
Thanks. I had 315/70r17 MT Baja Claws last summer but sold them because I thought I was moving out of state and couldn't take them with me. I ended up staying and miss that big size so I think I may get these and stick with them.
__________________
Sold 3/30/17: 2014 Willys Wheeler JK FR
Sold 6/5/19: 2015 Sahara JK BY
Sold 8/22/19: 2019 Sahara JLU HY
Bought 8/22/19: 2020 JTR FR
Digger70 is offline   Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 09:19 AM   #5
Jeeper
 
HunterTheBeagle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: NE Pennsylvania
Posts: 2,042
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digger70 View Post
Thanks. I had 315/70r17 MT Baja Claws last summer but sold them because I thought I was moving out of state and couldn't take them with me. I ended up staying and miss that big size so I think I may get these and stick with them.
Sounds good you going with the stt pro? Baja claws would be brutal in the winter, my roomate had them on his tj in college and they were pretty dangerous in the snow ha-ha.
__________________
2012 Crush JK Rubicon. Teraflex 2.5" coil w/fox shocks and ATS, 1/2" front and 1" rear TF spacers. TF monster front and rear track bar, RK F/R lower arms, Ruff Stuff front upper. 315 75r16 duratracs. LOD armor lite mid w/Warn VR 8000. Lots of other goodies.
HunterTheBeagle is offline   Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 11:18 AM
Thread Starter
  #6
Supporting Member

5-Year WF Supporting Member
 
Digger70's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Clearfield County, PA
Posts: 2,610
Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterTheBeagle View Post
Sounds good you going with the stt pro? Baja claws would be brutal in the winter, my roomate had them on his tj in college and they were pretty dangerous in the snow ha-ha.
Did he have the TTC version? I had the Baja Claw TTCs and they were siped but I had intended to only use them during the warmer months then put on the KO2 for winter. Yes, I've been reading various reviews on the STT Pro and that's what I'm leaning toward. There's a current thread on them on the JK General Discussion.

I was originally going to get the Falken Wildpeak in their 325 17" version but really like the look of the STT Pro and the white lettering. The Falkens are only black sidewall. I saw somewhere that the STT Pro's are 30% silica so they have more gripping. Now I'm just trying to decide if I want the 16 or 17. I've been looking at 16" wheels but don't want to go overboard so may stick with the Soft 8's. I do like the Rebel Racing Bandits which are an offshoot of American Racing Outlaw 2. But the coupon ends May 6th.

And on the other thread someone got the 295/70r18 and they measured out to 34" mounted but he has them on his stock rims, so they would be less tall on anything wider. And 18" rims are expensive and I can't find anything I like in an 18x8.
__________________
Sold 3/30/17: 2014 Willys Wheeler JK FR
Sold 6/5/19: 2015 Sahara JK BY
Sold 8/22/19: 2019 Sahara JLU HY
Bought 8/22/19: 2020 JTR FR
Digger70 is offline   Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 05:57 PM   #7
Jeeper
 
HunterTheBeagle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: NE Pennsylvania
Posts: 2,042
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digger70 View Post
Did he have the TTC version? I had the Baja Claw TTCs and they were siped but I had intended to only use them during the warmer months then put on the KO2 for winter. Yes, I've been reading various reviews on the STT Pro and that's what I'm leaning toward. There's a current thread on them on the JK General Discussion.

I was originally going to get the Falken Wildpeak in their 325 17" version but really like the look of the STT Pro and the white lettering. The Falkens are only black sidewall. I saw somewhere that the STT Pro's are 30% silica so they have more gripping. Now I'm just trying to decide if I want the 16 or 17. I've been looking at 16" wheels but don't want to go overboard so may stick with the Soft 8's. I do like the Rebel Racing Bandits which are an offshoot of American Racing Outlaw 2. But the coupon ends May 6th.

And on the other thread someone got the 295/70r18 and they measured out to 34" mounted but he has them on his stock rims, so they would be less tall on anything wider. And 18" rims are expensive and I can't find anything I like in an 18x8.
Nope they were the original claws. Don't think you can go wrong with the coopers. Normally I would say if one comes in a d load then should probably go for that but I think the 315 in both 17 and 16 are E load, so run what you prefer at that point ha-ha. Sounds like your buying for looks (which I have no problem with if that's what you want) and I have to agree the coopers are a great looking tire.

Not a huge fan of the wildpeaks personally, the siping does not go very deep, so when the tread is only about half worn they look like slicks, had a buddy with them on his truck and they were only about half way to the wear bars and were useless. Up to that point folks seem to like them tho.
__________________
2012 Crush JK Rubicon. Teraflex 2.5" coil w/fox shocks and ATS, 1/2" front and 1" rear TF spacers. TF monster front and rear track bar, RK F/R lower arms, Ruff Stuff front upper. 315 75r16 duratracs. LOD armor lite mid w/Warn VR 8000. Lots of other goodies.
HunterTheBeagle is offline   Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 06:25 PM
Thread Starter
  #8
Supporting Member

5-Year WF Supporting Member
 
Digger70's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Clearfield County, PA
Posts: 2,610
Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterTheBeagle View Post
Nope they were the original claws. Don't think you can go wrong with the coopers. Normally I would say if one comes in a d load then should probably go for that but I think the 315 in both 17 and 16 are E load, so run what you prefer at that point ha-ha. Sounds like your buying for looks (which I have no problem with if that's what you want) and I have to agree the coopers are a great looking tire.

Not a huge fan of the wildpeaks personally, the siping does not go very deep, so when the tread is only about half worn they look like slicks, had a buddy with them on his truck and they were only about half way to the wear bars and were useless. Up to that point folks seem to like them tho.
Wow, I didn't know that about the wildpeaks. I am looking at other 315 and 35 sizes. The Toyo OC AT2 in 285/75/17 may be nice but isn't white letter. Price-wise it is more affordable than the Coopers. Yeah I wasn't really wanting an E tire and I think these are E2. I've read mixed reviews on the E. What brands do you recommend for a 315 or 35?
__________________
Sold 3/30/17: 2014 Willys Wheeler JK FR
Sold 6/5/19: 2015 Sahara JK BY
Sold 8/22/19: 2019 Sahara JLU HY
Bought 8/22/19: 2020 JTR FR
Digger70 is offline   Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 10:04 PM   #9
Jeeper
 
HunterTheBeagle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: NE Pennsylvania
Posts: 2,042
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digger70 View Post
Wow, I didn't know that about the wildpeaks. I am looking at other 315 and 35 sizes. The Toyo OC AT2 in 285/75/17 may be nice but isn't white letter. Price-wise it is more affordable than the Coopers. Yeah I wasn't really wanting an E tire and I think these are E2. I've read mixed reviews on the E. What brands do you recommend for a 315 or 35?
Yeah if you google some pics of them you can see what I mean, I'll attach one I found on Google here. The new Falken AT's look promising.

Lots of folks on this forum running the Toyo At2's and love them, and that size seems to measure pretty large (all toyos seem to). They are heavy however which is a trade off.

As far as other tires go, there will always be a trade off somewhere, it is up to the user to decide what trade offs they are willing to deal with, the fact is there is just no perfect tire for all situations. I will say after running duratracs for a few years now, its not a coincidence that they are one of the most popular tires on the forum (altho im not a huge fan of goodyears these are an exception). They don't do any one thing great but seem to do everything well. Personally, im a big fan of the hybrid AT and MT style tires most have great highway manners but are aggressive enough to stick with some of the MT's offroad and look good to boot. examples would be, Duratracs, Mickey Thompson ATZ p3, Cooper ST Maxx and a few others.

I would say the biggest thing to decide is if you want an MT, AT, or a hybrid.

If money were no issue for me and I needed a new set of shoes, I would get a set of the MT ATZ p3's but they are a bit pricey. (partly cause i would like to compare them to the duratracs which have been excellent in my opinion).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Wildpeak 16,000 miles.JPG
Views:	646
Size:	74.7 KB
ID:	3001106  
__________________
2012 Crush JK Rubicon. Teraflex 2.5" coil w/fox shocks and ATS, 1/2" front and 1" rear TF spacers. TF monster front and rear track bar, RK F/R lower arms, Ruff Stuff front upper. 315 75r16 duratracs. LOD armor lite mid w/Warn VR 8000. Lots of other goodies.
HunterTheBeagle is offline   Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 10:26 PM
Thread Starter
  #10
Supporting Member

5-Year WF Supporting Member
 
Digger70's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Clearfield County, PA
Posts: 2,610
Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterTheBeagle View Post
Yeah if you google some pics of them you can see what I mean, I'll attach one I found on Google here. The new Falken AT's look promising.

Lots of folks on this forum running the Toyo At2's and love them, and that size seems to measure pretty large (all toyos seem to). They are heavy however which is a trade off.

As far as other tires go, there will always be a trade off somewhere, it is up to the user to decide what trade offs they are willing to deal with, the fact is there is just no perfect tire for all situations. I will say after running duratracs for a few years now, its not a coincidence that they are one of the most popular tires on the forum (altho im not a huge fan of goodyears these are an exception). They don't do any one thing great but seem to do everything well. Personally, im a big fan of the hybrid AT and MT style tires most have great highway manners but are aggressive enough to stick with some of the MT's offroad and look good to boot. examples would be, Duratracs, Mickey Thompson ATZ p3, Cooper ST Maxx and a few others.

I would say the biggest thing to decide is if you want an MT, AT, or a hybrid.

If money were no issue for me and I needed a new set of shoes, I would get a set of the MT ATZ p3's but they are a bit pricey. (partly cause i would like to compare them to the duratracs which have been excellent in my opinion).
It was the Falken Wildpeak A/T that I meant so not sure if those are the new ones.

I like the Duratracs too as well as those others. I like the hybrid AT.

I haven't decided yet what I'm going to do. I like the STT Pro for it aggressive look and white letters. I also considered the General Grabber AT2 315. I want to get the most height which is why I was thinking of getting the 16x8 wheels since I recently found out that the wheel width affects the tire height. The Baja Claw 315/70-17 that I had on 17x9 rims measured out to 33.5" so I figure probably 33.75-34 with an 8.5" rim and 34+ on an 8" wide rim. Obviously I don't want to tempt fate and try to mount them on a 7.5" wide rim and I don't think the tire shop would do that anyway. I could just mount them on my current red & black rims but I kinda want new rims. But there's also the fact that it's an E and MPG loss factors in too. I like the Toyo AT2 285/75/17 but it's not white letter. There was a 285/70/17 version in the white letter but like you said and everyone else; get 35 if you want 35. Or maybe the KO2 in a 35 or 315. Lol
__________________
Sold 3/30/17: 2014 Willys Wheeler JK FR
Sold 6/5/19: 2015 Sahara JK BY
Sold 8/22/19: 2019 Sahara JLU HY
Bought 8/22/19: 2020 JTR FR
Digger70 is offline   Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 08:16 AM   #11
Jeeper
 
HunterTheBeagle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: NE Pennsylvania
Posts: 2,042
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digger70 View Post
It was the Falken Wildpeak A/T that I meant so not sure if those are the new ones.

I like the Duratracs too as well as those others. I like the hybrid AT.

I haven't decided yet what I'm going to do. I like the STT Pro for it aggressive look and white letters. I also considered the General Grabber AT2 315. I want to get the most height which is why I was thinking of getting the 16x8 wheels since I recently found out that the wheel width affects the tire height. The Baja Claw 315/70-17 that I had on 17x9 rims measured out to 33.5" so I figure probably 33.75-34 with an 8.5" rim and 34+ on an 8" wide rim. Obviously I don't want to tempt fate and try to mount them on a 7.5" wide rim and I don't think the tire shop would do that anyway. I could just mount them on my current red & black rims but I kinda want new rims. But there's also the fact that it's an E and MPG loss factors in too. I like the Toyo AT2 285/75/17 but it's not white letter. There was a 285/70/17 version in the white letter but like you said and everyone else; get 35 if you want 35. Or maybe the KO2 in a 35 or 315. Lol
That picture was of a wildpeak, the new falkens are called at3w or something like that.

Sounds like your just all over the board lol. I know it's easy to get caught up in size and what measures the tallest, I do it as well, but truth is you nor anybody else is ever going to notice a quarter inch on the trails or visually. I'm sure you will be much happier if you get a tire that you want and will serve your purpose well. Do you wheel much? If not the reality is an all terrain will last a whole lot longer, handle better and ride better on the street. Mud terrains look cool, but usually they are not what most people need in a tire.
__________________
2012 Crush JK Rubicon. Teraflex 2.5" coil w/fox shocks and ATS, 1/2" front and 1" rear TF spacers. TF monster front and rear track bar, RK F/R lower arms, Ruff Stuff front upper. 315 75r16 duratracs. LOD armor lite mid w/Warn VR 8000. Lots of other goodies.
HunterTheBeagle is offline   Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 09:33 AM   #12
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Essex County
Posts: 52
I'm finding it interesting that you have only had the KO2s for a year and you are not liking the look of the 34x10.5x17. What is it that you are not liking about them? I ask because I'm 99% sure that I will be getting a set of these this week.

I have also been looking at the 285x70x17s but I'm looking to fill the wheel well a little more and don't want to go too wide as I want to keep them close to the fenders.
willy15 is offline   Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 09:49 AM
Thread Starter
  #13
Supporting Member

5-Year WF Supporting Member
 
Digger70's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Clearfield County, PA
Posts: 2,610
Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterTheBeagle View Post
That picture was of a wildpeak, the new falkens are called at3w or something like that.

Sounds like your just all over the board lol. I know it's easy to get caught up in size and what measures the tallest, I do it as well, but truth is you nor anybody else is ever going to notice a quarter inch on the trails or visually. I'm sure you will be much happier if you get a tire that you want and will serve your purpose well. Do you wheel much? If not the reality is an all terrain will last a whole lot longer, handle better and ride better on the street. Mud terrains look cool, but usually they are not what most people need in a tire.
Oh ok, the AT3W. Even if I did go that Wildpeak route I have a tire groover and could put new sipes if needed but honestly nobody should have to do that since the sipes should be deep in the first place.
I wheel some but really like the look of an aggressive tire which is why I like the STT Pro. I was looking at the Duratrac 315/70r17 this morning online. After I got my JK almost 2 years ago, I was heavily considering the duratrac but in a 285. I just wish I knew what the height would be before I mount them. Too bad more brands didn't come in 35x10.5.
__________________
Sold 3/30/17: 2014 Willys Wheeler JK FR
Sold 6/5/19: 2015 Sahara JK BY
Sold 8/22/19: 2019 Sahara JLU HY
Bought 8/22/19: 2020 JTR FR
Digger70 is offline   Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 09:56 AM
Thread Starter
  #14
Supporting Member

5-Year WF Supporting Member
 
Digger70's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Clearfield County, PA
Posts: 2,610
Quote:
Originally Posted by willy15 View Post
I'm finding it interesting that you have only had the KO2s for a year and you are not liking the look of the 34x10.5x17. What is it that you are not liking about them? I ask because I'm 99% sure that I will be getting a set of these this week.

I have also been looking at the 285x70x17s but I'm looking to fill the wheel well a little more and don't want to go too wide as I want to keep them close to the fenders.
I like the look and had the KO on my 94 Cherokee, I just don't like the height. I was told 33.5-33.75" tall and got maybe 32.5". Now maybe if I kept my stock rims and used spacers I would have 33.5". But I didn't know then how the wheel width affects tire height. I had 315/70/17 last summer on 17x9 rims and they were 33.5" but were 34.6 on paper. I just want a tall tire that isn't very wide but choices are slim. I could go with a 295/70/18 STT Pro on a 7.5" wide rim and get close to 34" but 18" rims are costly and the only ones I like are an 18x9 so I would probably have a 32" tire again. The Toyo AT2 285/75/17 may be good but I'd probably have to get a narrow rim.
__________________
Sold 3/30/17: 2014 Willys Wheeler JK FR
Sold 6/5/19: 2015 Sahara JK BY
Sold 8/22/19: 2019 Sahara JLU HY
Bought 8/22/19: 2020 JTR FR
Digger70 is offline   Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 12:58 AM   #15
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 134
Im running the STT PRO and love them. My wife just got a new 2016 JKURHR and it will have a set on it after her lift and she finds the wheels she wants.

Sent from my LG-V410 using Tapatalk
Spartacus03 is offline   Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 07:43 AM
Thread Starter
  #16
Supporting Member

5-Year WF Supporting Member
 
Digger70's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Clearfield County, PA
Posts: 2,610
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus03 View Post
Im running the STT PRO and love them. My wife just got a new 2016 JKURHR and it will have a set on it after her lift and she finds the wheels she wants.

Sent from my LG-V410 using Tapatalk
Cool. What size did you get and what were the measurements after they were mounted? How did they do on ice?
__________________
Sold 3/30/17: 2014 Willys Wheeler JK FR
Sold 6/5/19: 2015 Sahara JK BY
Sold 8/22/19: 2019 Sahara JLU HY
Bought 8/22/19: 2020 JTR FR
Digger70 is offline   Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 05:45 PM   #17
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digger70 View Post
Cool. What size did you get and what were the measurements after they were mounted? How did they do on ice?
Im running 35x12.50x20. I have them aired down to about 26 psi and they measure right at 35". I haven't had them on much ice. But what lil I did have them on they seem to hook up pretty good.

Sent from my LG-V410 using Tapatalk
Spartacus03 is offline   Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 06:43 PM
Thread Starter
  #18
Supporting Member

5-Year WF Supporting Member
 
Digger70's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Clearfield County, PA
Posts: 2,610
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus03 View Post
Im running 35x12.50x20. I have them aired down to about 26 psi and they measure right at 35". I haven't had them on much ice. But what lil I did have them on they seem to hook up pretty good.

Sent from my LG-V410 using Tapatalk
Great, thanks.
__________________
Sold 3/30/17: 2014 Willys Wheeler JK FR
Sold 6/5/19: 2015 Sahara JK BY
Sold 8/22/19: 2019 Sahara JLU HY
Bought 8/22/19: 2020 JTR FR
Digger70 is offline   Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 08:52 AM   #19
Jeeper
 
heatonrx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Syracuse, NY
Posts: 32
Looking at STT Pro 315/70/17 or TA K02 35/12.5/17. I just did a TF 2.5" coil lift and ordered Fuel Hostage wheels. Which would be better? Like an aggressive look but live in North east and get lots of snow . Would like opinions. Thanks.
heatonrx is offline   Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 07:07 PM
Thread Starter
  #20
Supporting Member

5-Year WF Supporting Member
 
Digger70's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Clearfield County, PA
Posts: 2,610
After going back and forth and even deciding not doing anything, I went back to researching yesterday and today decided to get the 295/70r18 STT Pro and matte black 18x9 Level 8 Trackers. I talked to DTD to see if they would honor the discounted Level 8 Trackers on their ebay store but wouldn't because it's a discount through paypal and that's understandable, but they did give me a deal and I saved $7 so will be waiting for delivery by the end of the week. Now I saw someone had the same tires but on stock rims and had 34". These are 9" rims so hopefully I don't lose too much height but the tires look great and should perform great so that's cool. I 'almost' went with the 285/75/18 Toyo A/T II which depending on wheel width essentially are a 35x11.5 according to the Toyo AT2 thread here. But I just like the STT Pro. It's crazy how we go gaga over tires where other people are like "It's just 'tires'".
__________________
Sold 3/30/17: 2014 Willys Wheeler JK FR
Sold 6/5/19: 2015 Sahara JK BY
Sold 8/22/19: 2019 Sahara JLU HY
Bought 8/22/19: 2020 JTR FR
Digger70 is offline   Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 07:11 PM
Thread Starter
  #21
Supporting Member

5-Year WF Supporting Member
 
Digger70's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Clearfield County, PA
Posts: 2,610
Quote:
Originally Posted by heatonrx View Post
Looking at STT Pro 315/70/17 or TA K02 35/12.5/17. I just did a TF 2.5" coil lift and ordered Fuel Hostage wheels. Which would be better? Like an aggressive look but live in North east and get lots of snow . Would like opinions. Thanks.
People have said the STT Pro are good in snow as well as the KO2 so depends on what you like better look-wise. At this point more people would probably tell you to get the KO2 or maybe the Toyo Open Country AT2.
__________________
Sold 3/30/17: 2014 Willys Wheeler JK FR
Sold 6/5/19: 2015 Sahara JK BY
Sold 8/22/19: 2019 Sahara JLU HY
Bought 8/22/19: 2020 JTR FR
Digger70 is offline   Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 08:10 PM   #22
Jeeper
 
ConnorJKU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Central Pennsylvania
Posts: 199
Any recommendations where to get a deal on the STT pros? I can't find a set of 5 315/70/17s anywhere less than $1,600.
ConnorJKU is offline   Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 08:17 PM
Thread Starter
  #23
Supporting Member

5-Year WF Supporting Member
 
Digger70's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Clearfield County, PA
Posts: 2,610
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnorJKU View Post
Any recommendations where to get a deal on the STT pros? I can't find a set of 5 315/70/17s anywhere less than $1,600.
Discount Tire Direct's ebay store has some sizes on sale and for every $300 you buy using paypal you can get $50 off and you can use that coupon 3x. So buy 2 tires, checkout and use coupon, then do it again.

tires, wheels items in Discount Tire Direct store on eBay!

2 315/70/17 are $594 2 New LT315 70 17 BFG All Terrain T A KO2 70R R17 Tires 32045 | eBay
__________________
Sold 3/30/17: 2014 Willys Wheeler JK FR
Sold 6/5/19: 2015 Sahara JK BY
Sold 8/22/19: 2019 Sahara JLU HY
Bought 8/22/19: 2020 JTR FR
Digger70 is offline   Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 01:00 PM   #24
Jeeper
 
ConnorJKU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Central Pennsylvania
Posts: 199
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digger70 View Post
Discount Tire Direct's ebay store has some sizes on sale and for every $300 you buy using paypal you can get $50 off and you can use that coupon 3x. So buy 2 tires, checkout and use coupon, then do it again.

tires, wheels items in Discount Tire Direct store on eBay!

2 315/70/17 are $594 2 New LT315 70 17 BFG All Terrain T A KO2 70R R17 Tires 32045 | eBay
Do they run sales like this often? It looks like this one ends in few days.
ConnorJKU is offline   Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 01:38 PM
Thread Starter
  #25
Supporting Member

5-Year WF Supporting Member
 
Digger70's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Clearfield County, PA
Posts: 2,610
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnorJKU View Post
Do they run sales like this often? It looks like this one ends in few days.
I don't know. The $50 off thing is through Paypal and is offered by some other tire stores on ebay. I saw on another thread that DTD had a sale on July 4th so you may wait and see. You can also apply for the Car Care One credit account on DTD's site and then can get one of their no financing deals when ordering from the site or at a store if one is close to you.
__________________
Sold 3/30/17: 2014 Willys Wheeler JK FR
Sold 6/5/19: 2015 Sahara JK BY
Sold 8/22/19: 2019 Sahara JLU HY
Bought 8/22/19: 2020 JTR FR
Digger70 is offline   Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 04:28 PM
Thread Starter
  #26
Supporting Member

5-Year WF Supporting Member
 
Digger70's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Clearfield County, PA
Posts: 2,610
UPS delivered them this afternoon and I mounted them. Love the look. 37 PSI.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20160505_165321-640.jpg
Views:	1693
Size:	69.2 KB
ID:	3012946   Click image for larger version

Name:	20160505_161214.jpg
Views:	800
Size:	72.6 KB
ID:	3012954  

Click image for larger version

Name:	13151559_10209565823368629_6690185093350030147_n.jpg
Views:	793
Size:	113.9 KB
ID:	3012962  
__________________
Sold 3/30/17: 2014 Willys Wheeler JK FR
Sold 6/5/19: 2015 Sahara JK BY
Sold 8/22/19: 2019 Sahara JLU HY
Bought 8/22/19: 2020 JTR FR
Digger70 is offline   Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 06:41 PM   #27
Newb
 
gschrumpf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 8
How are you liking the stt pros? I am torn between them and the ko2's.
gschrumpf is offline   Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 09:05 PM
Thread Starter
  #28
Supporting Member

5-Year WF Supporting Member
 
Digger70's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Clearfield County, PA
Posts: 2,610
Quote:
Originally Posted by gschrumpf View Post
How are you liking the stt pros? I am torn between them and the ko2's.
Welcome to the forums, sorry I missed your post. I love the STT Pros. There is a difference going fro the D rated KO2 and this which are E rated. I have to brake sooner and use a little more gas and if I take my foot off the gas to coast down the road I just start slowing down quicker. I just lowered the psi to 28 and then measured them and they're very close to 34". I siped the bare lugs for more traction and just love the 3 letter set, lugs and side biters.

__________________
Sold 3/30/17: 2014 Willys Wheeler JK FR
Sold 6/5/19: 2015 Sahara JK BY
Sold 8/22/19: 2019 Sahara JLU HY
Bought 8/22/19: 2020 JTR FR
Digger70 is offline   Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off






All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:08 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC