Lift for 35's? - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > General Jeep Discussions > Tires & Wheels

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 03-03-2016, 05:56 PM
Thread Starter
  #1
Newb
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 3
Lift for 35's?

I have a 2015 Sahara and want to put 35's on it. What size lift and brand of lift would you recommend for this? Don't want anything huge, but want it to be big enough where tires don't rub.

bhigdon25 is offline   Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 06:27 PM   #2
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: SoCal.
Posts: 1,216
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhigdon25 View Post
I have a 2015 Sahara and want to put 35's on it. What size lift and brand of lift would you recommend for this? Don't want anything huge, but want it to be big enough where tires don't rub.
A better place to post this is in the JK Tech forum. But since you are here.

What type of rubbing are you worried about most? There are two types, wheel lock turn left and right on the lower control arms and up travel contacting the fender flares.

Are you planning on running stock rims with spacers or aftermarket rims?

Is the lift more for looks or use? Either is fine but why pay big $$$$ for a super off road performance lift you do not need if just for looks.

Once these are answered it is easy to pick a lift as anything from 2.5" and up will work with 35" tires reasonably well.

Hivedr is offline   Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 06:45 PM
Thread Starter
  #3
Newb
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hivedr View Post
A better place to post this is in the JK Tech forum. But since you are here.

What type of rubbing are you worried about most? There are two types, wheel lock turn left and right on the lower control arms and up travel contacting the fender flares.

Are you planning on running stock rims with spacers or aftermarket rims?

Is the lift more for looks or use? Either is fine but why pay big $$$$ for a super off road performance lift you do not need if just for looks.

Once these are answered it is easy to pick a lift as anything from 2.5" and up will work with 35" tires reasonably well.

Aftermarket rims and it is for looks. Don't want any kind of rubbing.
bhigdon25 is offline   Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-03-2016, 10:46 PM   #4
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: SoCal.
Posts: 1,216
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhigdon25 View Post
Aftermarket rims and it is for looks. Don't want any kind of rubbing.
Then keep is simple and functional and go with a 2.5" TerraFlex Performance Budget Boost. They come with bump stops set for 35" tires to keep them from rubbing in up travel. Your aftermarket rims should have a backspace of at least 5". Lots of folks run 4.75" and 4.5". This range of backspace will ensure no rubbing in full wheel lock turns? If you like the tucked under the flares look go with either 5" or 4.75" backspace. If you like the tires to stick out a bit go with a 4.5" backspace.
Hivedr is offline   Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off






All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:25 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, Gladiator, Mopar and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to FCA US LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with FCA US LLC.