New Wheels!! - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > General Jeep Discussions > Tires & Wheels

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 11-30-2011, 05:09 PM
Thread Starter
  #1
Jeeper
 
suicideking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Riverside, CA
Posts: 6,057
Talking New Wheels!!

Just picked up my Jeep with new wheels! I'm ecstatic with how it turned out.

Details:

Rims: ATX AX186 Slot Black
Size: 16 X 8
Backspacing: 4.5"

Tires: BFG AT 285 X 75 X 16

I got the tires at Sears during their Black Friday special. Ordered the rims online from 4wheelonline.com

Overall I am happy with everything. The only thing I didn't like about 4wheelonline is they never sent me an email confirmation of my order. The if you check online, it says to not contact them for tracking until it's been 5 days. So I ordered Friday night, and received 4 of the rims yesterday (Tuesday). So I was VERY happy to receive them, but would have been nice to know they were coming.

Apparently the 5th rim came from somewhere else, won't be here until Friday. I had to call them and wait on hold to find out. I'd still buy from them again though. They were less expensive than everyone else, shipped SUPER fast, and the person I talked to was very friendly and professional.

Next on the list:
1. Chop fenders or buy flat ones
2. CB Radio (getting for Christmas)
3. Ace Rock Rails

suicideking is offline   Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 06:30 PM   #2
Thank you Veterans

WF Lifetime Member
::WF Administrator::
 
Beastmaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: The Old Pubelo
Posts: 41,743
LOL, I saw your post on the Post your favorite FLAT or MATTE black wheels thread.
I guess you are really proud of them. Cool!

They look good!

Beastmaster is offline   Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 06:49 PM   #3
Jeeper
 
ford-willy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: California
Posts: 126
I great looking ride is now even greater with those cool wheels. Enjoy.
__________________
2005 LJ Unlimited, Black Tie Edition
"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the blood stream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States when men were free."
Ronald Reagan
ford-willy is offline   Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 12-01-2011, 02:31 AM
Thread Starter
  #4
Jeeper
 
suicideking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Riverside, CA
Posts: 6,057
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beastmaster View Post
LOL, I saw your post on the Post your favorite FLAT or MATTE black wheels thread.
I guess you are really proud of them. Cool!

They look good!
Yeah, I lost count of how many times I went through that thread looking at all the wheels! That and the 'Black Wrangler' thread have been my favorites lately.

Thanks guys!
suicideking is offline   Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 02:34 AM   #5
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: somewhere....
Posts: 11,188
Nice rims
redjeeper is offline   Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 03:02 AM   #6
Jeeper
 
TanYJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 79
Looks good
TanYJ is offline   Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 10:22 PM   #7
Jeeper
 
BillG.OTD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,599
They look great....you couldnt decide between polished finish or black and you got both..very nice!
BillG.OTD is offline   Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 12:59 AM
Thread Starter
  #8
Jeeper
 
suicideking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Riverside, CA
Posts: 6,057
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillG.OTD View Post
They look great....you couldnt decide between polished finish or black and you got both..very nice!
Thanks Bill!

Yeah, I went back and forth on shiny or not, I'm happy with what I ended up with. You still give me 35" envy though...
suicideking is offline   Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 12:31 AM   #9
Jeeper

WF Supporting Member
 
basecamper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: MN
Posts: 1,227
Quote:
Originally Posted by suicideking View Post
Just picked up my Jeep with new wheels! I'm ecstatic with how it turned out.

Details:

Rims: ATX AX186 Slot Black
Size: 16 X 8
Backspacing: 4.5"

Tires: BFG AT 285 X 75 X 16

I got the tires at Sears during their Black Friday special. Ordered the rims online from 4wheelonline.com

Overall I am happy with everything. The only thing I didn't like about 4wheelonline is they never sent me an email confirmation of my order. The if you check online, it says to not contact them for tracking until it's been 5 days. So I ordered Friday night, and received 4 of the rims yesterday (Tuesday). So I was VERY happy to receive them, but would have been nice to know they were coming.

Apparently the 5th rim came from somewhere else, won't be here until Friday. I had to call them and wait on hold to find out. I'd still buy from them again though. They were less expensive than everyone else, shipped SUPER fast, and the person I talked to was very friendly and professional.

Next on the list:
1. Chop fenders or buy flat ones
2. CB Radio (getting for Christmas)
3. Ace Rock Rails
Suicideking any chance you can post a side profile (looking from front to back) I would like to see how the wheels fill and or over flow the fenders. I'm liking the looks of the 16" vs 17" wheels
__________________
2012 JKUR Black Forest Green
https://www.wranglerforum.com/f33/bas...ld-128626.html
basecamper is offline   Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 02:48 AM
Thread Starter
  #10
Jeeper
 
suicideking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Riverside, CA
Posts: 6,057
Quote:
Originally Posted by basecamper View Post
Suicideking any chance you can post a side profile (looking from front to back) I would like to see how the wheels fill and or over flow the fenders. I'm liking the looks of the 16" vs 17" wheels
Will do tomorrow.

So you want a side profile, but taken from the angle of standing in front of the wheel?

It seems like a tight fit, but I haven't had ANY rubbing at all. I even rolled the windows down and have tried briefly driving in a circle with the steering wheel cranked all the way to the right and left, no noticeable rubbing as far as I can tell. I haven't gone off road yet though.
suicideking is offline   Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 12:42 PM   #11
Jeeper

WF Supporting Member
 
basecamper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: MN
Posts: 1,227
Quote:
Originally Posted by suicideking View Post
Will do tomorrow.

So you want a side profile, but taken from the angle of standing in front of the wheel?

It seems like a tight fit, but I haven't had ANY rubbing at all. I even rolled the windows down and have tried briefly driving in a circle with the steering wheel cranked all the way to the right and left, no noticeable rubbing as far as I can tell. I haven't gone off road yet though.
Thansk man! I'm trying to get a feel for how far outside the fenders your set up is.
__________________
2012 JKUR Black Forest Green
https://www.wranglerforum.com/f33/bas...ld-128626.html
basecamper is offline   Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 01:46 PM
Thread Starter
  #12
Jeeper
 
suicideking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Riverside, CA
Posts: 6,057
Quote:
Originally Posted by basecamper View Post
Thansk man! I'm trying to get a feel for how far outside the fenders your set up is.
Here ya go:

The last one is a slight angle. Is that what you were looking for?
suicideking is offline   Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 04:09 PM   #13
WF Moderator

WF Lifetime Member
WF Supporting Member
::WF Moderator::
 
kjeeper10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 53,748
Quote:
Originally Posted by suicideking

Yeah, I lost count of how many times I went through that thread looking at all the wheels! That and the 'BLACK WRANGLER' thread have been my favorites lately.

Thanks guys!
kjeeper10 is offline   Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 04:38 PM   #14
Jeeper
 
Flame Red Rubicon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Canton, GA
Posts: 18
Looks great!!
Flame Red Rubicon is offline   Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 06:59 PM   #15
Jeeper
 
BRADWRANGLER2011's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Canon, Ga.
Posts: 120
The wheels and tire set up you went wiyh looks good on your black jeep.
BRADWRANGLER2011 is offline   Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 06:20 PM   #16
Jeeper
 
TJNewbie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Robertsdale,AL (Lower Alabama)
Posts: 1,827
Nice wheels, I had considered those too. But I wasn't sure if I wanted a 15x7" wheel.

TJNewbie is offline   Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Finally, new wheels and tires installed Wandell JK General Discussion Forum 8 06-01-2011 10:05 AM
Check out the new Black Rhino Jk wheels! Discount Tire JK General Discussion Forum 23 05-26-2011 11:59 AM
KY: Stock Wheels for Sale H2 Recovery Team Classifieds Archive 1 05-25-2011 09:27 PM
Buy 3 get 1 free raceline wheels ~ limited time offer Rooster Offroad Vendor Spotlight! Great Deals for Members. 6 05-19-2011 05:42 PM
Steel wheels [email protected] Classifieds Archive 6 02-13-2007 09:29 PM





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:05 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, Gladiator, Mopar and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to FCA US LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with FCA US LLC.