2015 Sahara - Impressions After A Week - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK General Discussion Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 02-03-2015, 01:21 PM
Thread Starter
  #1
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 350
2015 Sahara - Impressions After A Week

I love this thing. Coolest vehicle I have owned. Had a Lexus RX330 prior to this. This fits me a lot better.

Quieter than I expected (due to the reports on this forum). I purchased some HotHead Headliners that I am waiting to install when the weather gets warmer. Dealer said they will help with wind noise. There is wind noise but not bad.

Better ride than I expected (due to the reports on this forum). The Lexus had 160K miles on it so the shocks were probably getting old. The JKU is not as smooth due to wind resistance but on bumps it is just as good maybe better with new shocks.

Interior - At first I did not like the short dash - measured from the part nearest to you going towards the hood. However I am liking it. I can see the front of the car. You can't see the front of a Lexus RX. Dash is too long and hood is too swept. I also like that I can put my sunglasses right on the dash in the indent. Very handy.

Seats - I have cloth and I really like the look of them. Sick of cold leather seats even with seat heaters. These are actually more comfortable than the leather seats of the Lexus. Can't figure out why as the Lexus had lumbar support, electronically adjusted 6 position seats.
But I could tell I liked the seats much better in the Jeep right away as soon as I sat in it.
Leather also looks like hell after a while even when you take care of it. Wrinkles and folds.

I actually have slowed down my driving with this thing. Don't know why. It is slower. Something about the RX - it was fast and I was on everyone's ass all of the time. With the Jeep I am taking my time and the ride is a lot less stressful and fun.

I like the fact I can see cars all around when I change lanes. No big blind spots to speak of.

Lights sucked so I put in Cibies with H4 bulbs and it is really bright now. No need for $800 LEDS.

Put on grab handles. Still getting use to getting in the thing !

Sound system sucks. Don't care. I usually listen to sports or talk radio anyway so did not bother with an upgrade.

Heater is killer. Way better than my Lexus. Way better. I also drove a Toyota Celica lately and it also had a shitty heater. Toyota heaters must not be so good.

I like the materials used on the steering wheel and the seats. The steering wheel is not cold like the wood leather one I had.

Fit and finish were impressive. Very nice looking vehicle in person. I was actually stunned when I walked into the dealer and saw it sitting there. Tires and height bigger than I expected. I was planning on lifting it but now I really don't know if I will. Maybe down the road. Looks really cool the way it is.

My friends love it ! They all want to sit in it and get a ride ! They all tell me how nice it looks. I didn't think all of them would like a Jeep so much.
I mean everyone has commented on it. My mother called to tell me how nice it was !

I go out in the garage and can't believe I own one of these things. I was so sick of every SUV manufacturer out there copying the same shape as the RX. It was unique when I first got it.

The wranglers really caught my eye. My family have been Jeep owners over the years. I use to have a Grand Cherokee but it fell apart after 5 years. Swore I would never buy another Jeep and here I am LOL !

Got grill mesh on the way. Putting on a Fumoto oil drain plug.

Probably will upgrade with a Northridge 8 Bolt Kit and probably be done for now.

When tires wear I might go for a Racho 2" lift and 33" tires down the road. No need to right now.

Contemplating bumper hoop or maybe a steel bumper in the future. Not sure.

Also was going to get Ballistic Jester wheels right away but in person these aluminum ones they put on look great. I thought I was getting the steel wheels and did not ask for any upgrade so I was suprised that these were on there.

Happy I bought it. Got a good deal to boot. Now I gotta figure out how to keep it clean.



Shredmonster is offline   Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 01:25 PM   #2
Jeeper
 
spinlock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: 37.9° N, 121.7° W
Posts: 5,701
Please send your review to Consumer Reports? They could use your help.

Now find a mellow dirt trail and you will see what it is really good at.

__________________
"Don't take life too seriously. You'll never get out alive."
B. B.
spinlock is offline   Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 01:31 PM   #3
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
RubiconSS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 16,872
Great write up. Do your friends a favor and get the rear seat recline kit. It's like $50 and they will kiss you for it. Enjoy. Nice rig.
I love mine and I too have driven a bunch of other "high end" stuff.
Jeep Wrangler all the way. Wait until you take the doors and top off !!
You'll be Done ever driving anything else.
__________________
"Sticking Feathers up Your Butt does Not make You a Chicken"
RubiconSS is offline   Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-03-2015, 01:46 PM
Thread Starter
  #4
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 350
Recline kit ? Hmmmmmmmmmm....................
Shredmonster is offline   Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 01:54 PM   #5
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
RubiconSS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 16,872
__________________
"Sticking Feathers up Your Butt does Not make You a Chicken"
RubiconSS is offline   Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 01:59 PM
Thread Starter
  #6
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 350
Yeah I may have to do this. Damn one thing after another. I wonder what will be next ?
This forum is bad for the pocket book.
Shredmonster is offline   Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 02:04 PM   #7
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
RubiconSS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 16,872
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shredmonster View Post
Yeah I may have to do this. Damn one thing after another. I wonder what will be next ?
This forum is bad for the pocket book.
- Grab Bars
- Door removal pins
- Mats
- You did the lights (-)
- Bumper end caps (maybe VDP)
- Grill mesh insert (MetalCrafters)
- Gas Cap Cover (Mopar)
- Maybe some Tuffy under seat lockable storage
- Window tint
- That's a start
__________________
"Sticking Feathers up Your Butt does Not make You a Chicken"
RubiconSS is offline   Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 03:06 PM   #8
Jeeper
 
tbizness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 141
Totally agree with your review. I'm coming out of a Lexus IS and I don't miss it AT ALL. I also find myself driving quite a bit slower and totally enjoying it. The seats were terrible in my IS as well - big improvement in the JK.

Looks like we bought the same 2015 Sahara. I went with the same mods you are thinking of. Here are some before and after pics.

If you could post a link to how you did your brighter headlights that would be much appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3546.jpg
Views:	209
Size:	228.0 KB
ID:	1869858   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3575.jpg
Views:	276
Size:	224.7 KB
ID:	1869866  

tbizness is offline   Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 04:53 PM
Thread Starter
  #9
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 350
Headlights are from Daniel Stern lighting. He has directions but I had to go to youtube to get more info.

You have to pull the grill off which he did not say in the instructions. That is easy to do.
You have to disconnect your turn signal cords to get the grill off. So I had to go to youtube to figure out how to physically manipulate the connectors to get them off.
Easy to do but I did not have instructions so I had to look.

The lights are the same size, shape etc.. After the grill comes off you unscrew them and disconnect them. You have to turn the bulb housing to get them out. I had to figure that out too as again - no instructions anywhere.

But I am retarded and I figured it out so you can.

His lights have a different bulb with a different connection. The current Jeep light bulb connector does not fit his bulb. So you have to buy connectors that plug right into the Jeep connectors so that is easy.

So you need his lights, a couple of his H4 bulbs and 2 of his connectors. Once you figure out how to do it it is easy. But never having done it before I had to figure it all out one step at a time after much cursing !

Did you get a full bumper or just the hoop ? Run a pillar switch for those lights ? Same set up I would like. Don't need but WANT !
Shredmonster is offline   Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 05:02 PM   #10
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Central TX
Posts: 421
Shred, those are the stock Sahara rims (since the 2013 model year).
backdoc is offline   Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 05:55 PM   #11
Moderator

WF Lifetime Member
::WF Moderator::
 
aldo90731's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Bellingham, WA
Posts: 9,097
Jeep is getting really greedy

A coworker is looking to get a 2015 JKRHR:

Connectivity Group used to be included in the HR, but not anymore; now you need to order the $1,600 730N to be able to get Connectivity Group --for an additional $170.
Adding Automatic A/C was $120...now it is $300!
Etc...

In the end, a 2-door JKRHR with stick shift and soft top has a MSRP of $42,000. That's nuts!
__________________

2018 JLU Sahara
Eight prior JKs and JKUs
aldo90731 is offline   Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 06:18 PM   #12
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by spinlock View Post
Please send your review to Consumer Reports? They could use your help.

Now find a mellow dirt trail and you will see what it is really good at.
I think Consumer Reports is just about useless anymore.
Darko9989 is offline   Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 06:47 PM   #13
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
RubiconSS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 16,872
Quote:
Originally Posted by aldo90731 View Post
A coworker is looking to get a 2015 JKRHR:

Connectivity Group used to be included in the HR, but not anymore; now you need to order the $1,600 730N to be able to get Connectivity Group --for an additional $170.
Adding Automatic A/C was $120...now it is $300!
Etc...

In the end, a 2-door JKRHR with stick shift and soft top has a MSRP of $42,000. That's nuts!
The Rubicons I was seeing the other day were banging on the door of $50k.
Yeah, No. My '14 Sahara (loaded) is paid for and my old ass is just happy as a clam.
Are clams really happy? I wonder.........
__________________
"Sticking Feathers up Your Butt does Not make You a Chicken"
RubiconSS is offline   Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 06:57 PM   #14
Jeeper
 
Strommen95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Staten Island
Posts: 362
Quote:
Originally Posted by aldo90731 View Post
A coworker is looking to get a 2015 JKRHR:

Connectivity Group used to be included in the HR, but not anymore; now you need to order the $1,600 730N to be able to get Connectivity Group --for an additional $170.
Adding Automatic A/C was $120...now it is $300!
Etc...

In the end, a 2-door JKRHR with stick shift and soft top has a MSRP of $42,000. That's nuts!
Yeah, the prices are starting to get insane for the extras. I think a base model Wrangler is very reasonably priced with AC/power options, but the prices for tops/AC/radios/3.73/leather etc is ridiculous. IMO no Wrangler stock should go past 40k and that's for a fully loaded Rubi. At that price I'm sure Chrylser is still making a great buck
__________________
19' Sport S JLU Mojito!
14' Sport S JKU Anvil
Strommen95 is offline   Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 07:04 PM   #15
Jeeper
 
OnMT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Oakville, MO
Posts: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shredmonster View Post
Headlights are from Daniel Stern lighting. He has directions but I had to go to youtube to get more info.

You have to pull the grill off which he did not say in the instructions. That is easy to do.
You have to disconnect your turn signal cords to get the grill off. So I had to go to youtube to figure out how to physically manipulate the connectors to get them off.
Easy to do but I did not have instructions so I had to look.

The lights are the same size, shape etc.. After the grill comes off you unscrew them and disconnect them. You have to turn the bulb housing to get them out. I had to figure that out too as again - no instructions anywhere.

But I am retarded and I figured it out so you can.

His lights have a different bulb with a different connection. The current Jeep light bulb connector does not fit his bulb. So you have to buy connectors that plug right into the Jeep connectors so that is easy.



So you need his lights, a couple of his H4 bulbs and 2 of his connectors. Once you figure out how to do it it is easy. But never having done it before I had to figure it all out one step at a time after much cursing !

Did you get a full bumper or just the hoop ? Run a pillar switch for those lights ? Same set up I would like. Don't need but WANT !
Who knew Marv from home alone sold lights now?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WGYkDPs.jpg
Views:	930
Size:	65.2 KB
ID:	1870930  
__________________
2015 JKU Sahara 24X Bright White\Teraflex 2.5" suspension lift\Fox Shocks\Fox ATS steering stabilizer\17" Fuel Throttle Wheels\35" Nitto Trail Grappler tires

Previous Jeep
1987 Wrangler Laredo
OnMT is offline   Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 07:26 PM   #16
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
RubiconSS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 16,872
Went on Jeeps site and built a 2015, did not get everything and the base price was $45, 835. That was before any lift or accessories. Holy crap.
I've already added a couple grand to my '14 Sahara and most people would think it was close to stock.

"Hi my name is Rubi and I'm a Jeep-a-holic"

Chorus: "Hi Rubi"
__________________
"Sticking Feathers up Your Butt does Not make You a Chicken"
RubiconSS is offline   Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 07:28 PM   #17
Jeeper
 
CaptainNapalm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 424
Nice write up there. Glad to hear you're liking the vehicle. Interesting how your Sahara trim model has a full black stock bumper. I have a Sahara, and like all the other ones I see, they all have a grey middle portion of the front bumper. Was yours some special option? Just curious.
CaptainNapalm is offline   Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 07:47 PM   #18
Jeeper
 
socalrider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Southern California
Posts: 48
I love my Sahara!Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	222
Size:	223.9 KB
ID:	1871074
socalrider is offline   Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 07:55 PM   #19
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
RubiconSS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 16,872
What lift?

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalrider View Post
I love my Sahara!Attachment 1871074
__________________
"Sticking Feathers up Your Butt does Not make You a Chicken"
RubiconSS is offline   Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 08:03 PM   #20
Jeeper
 
Splnkr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Lamasco, KY
Posts: 705
"I actually have slowed down my driving with this thing. Don't know why. It is slower. Something about the RX - it was fast and I was on everyone's ass all of the time. With the Jeep I am taking my time and the ride is a lot less stressful and fun."

All you say...Right said, Fred!
__________________
1999 TJ Sport 4.0 3spd Trail Rig "Jagged Halo"
2015 JKU Rubicon Hard Rock 6spd..."Fury"

FURY Tank Build Thread
Splnkr is offline   Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 08:19 PM   #21
Jeeper
 
407guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: 407 area code
Posts: 377
Great review. I too have slowed down my driving since owning our JKU.

My humble opinion: think carefully before adding the "recline" blocks. If you (God forbid) get into an accident an insurance company would be all over that modification and potentially deny a claim or limit their coverage. All it takes is an adjuster with a keen eye to seem them...

And congrats on the new rig.



.
__________________
2015 Unlimited Sahara (JKJP74). From FCA: Tank + Color-matched hard top, Connectivity group, Max tow, Auto, and Alpine speakers. After FCA: Amp Research Power Steps, XD 801 Crank wheels: 18x9, ET:0 (BS=5in), Nitto Terra Grappler AT tires: 305/60/18, K&N intake (63-1566), Corsa dual rear exhaust (24412); Bestop Trektop NX; Mopar 2" lift kit (77070089); Dirty Dog netting; Bartact Seat covers. [ No longer own as of July 2018. ]
407guy is offline   Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 08:24 PM
Thread Starter
  #22
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNapalm View Post
Nice write up there. Glad to hear you're liking the vehicle. Interesting how your Sahara trim model has a full black stock bumper. I have a Sahara, and like all the other ones I see, they all have a grey middle portion of the front bumper. Was yours some special option? Just curious.
No - all Saharas come with that bumper trim. I called the dealer and asked their mechanic to remove it prior to picking the vehicle up.
Shredmonster is offline   Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 08:35 PM   #23
Jeeper
 
oaksmith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Williamsport MD
Posts: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbizness View Post
Totally agree with your review. I'm coming out of a Lexus IS and I don't miss it AT ALL. I also find myself driving quite a bit slower and totally enjoying it. The seats were terrible in my IS as well - big improvement in the JK.

Looks like we bought the same 2015 Sahara. I went with the same mods you are thinking of. Here are some before and after pics.

If you could post a link to how you did your brighter headlights that would be much appreciated.
Could you please tell us a little more about your jeep, any lift, what wheels and tires are you running?
oaksmith is offline   Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 10:28 PM   #24
Jeeper
 
tbizness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by oaksmith View Post
Could you please tell us a little more about your jeep, any lift, what wheels and tires are you running?
Sure, here are my mods:

Installed:

Wheels
Fuel Hostage D531
Size: 18" x 9"
Bolt Pattern: 5 x 5"
Backspacing: 4.5"
Part #: D53118902645
URL: Hostage - D531 - Fuel Off-Road Wheels

Tires
Nitto Trail Grappler M/T
Size: 285/65R18

Bumpers
AEV Front Premium Bumper
AEV Front Bumper Winch Delete Plate
IPF 901XSD Driving Light
AEV Front Bumper Skid Plate
AEV Rear Bumper

Misc
MOPAR® Fuel Filler Door in Black
Slush Mats and Rear Cargo Liner and Entry Guards
MagnaFlow 15160 Black Dual Exhaust
Rampage 86512 Gloss Black Powder Coat Sport Mesh 3D Wire Grille

Coming Soon:

Lift Kit
MOPAR® Stage I 2" Lift Kit with Fox Shocks (delivered in my garage, awaiting install)

Hood
MOPAR® 10th Anniversary Rubicon Power Dome Hood
MOPAR® Right Hood Air Inlet Bezel
MOPAR® Left Hood Air Inlet Bezel

Red Rock Tail Light Guard
Tint
tbizness is offline   Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 10:47 PM   #25
Jeeper
 
socalrider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Southern California
Posts: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubiconSS View Post
What lift?
AEV 2.5 dual sport kit with GEO brackets.
socalrider is offline   Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 08:11 AM   #26
Jeeper
 
wolfdog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: South Shore, MA
Posts: 217
Rx = suv?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shredmonster View Post
I love this thing. Coolest vehicle I have owned. Had a Lexus RX330 prior to this. This fits me a lot better.

Quieter than I expected (due to the reports on this forum). I purchased some HotHead Headliners that I am waiting to install when the weather gets warmer. Dealer said they will help with wind noise. There is wind noise but not bad.

Better ride than I expected (due to the reports on this forum). The Lexus had 160K miles on it so the shocks were probably getting old. The JKU is not as smooth due to wind resistance but on bumps it is just as good maybe better with new shocks.

Interior - At first I did not like the short dash - measured from the part nearest to you going towards the hood. However I am liking it. I can see the front of the car. You can't see the front of a Lexus RX. Dash is too long and hood is too swept. I also like that I can put my sunglasses right on the dash in the indent. Very handy.

Seats - I have cloth and I really like the look of them. Sick of cold leather seats even with seat heaters. These are actually more comfortable than the leather seats of the Lexus. Can't figure out why as the Lexus had lumbar support, electronically adjusted 6 position seats.
But I could tell I liked the seats much better in the Jeep right away as soon as I sat in it.
Leather also looks like hell after a while even when you take care of it. Wrinkles and folds.

I actually have slowed down my driving with this thing. Don't know why. It is slower. Something about the RX - it was fast and I was on everyone's ass all of the time. With the Jeep I am taking my time and the ride is a lot less stressful and fun.

I like the fact I can see cars all around when I change lanes. No big blind spots to speak of.

Lights sucked so I put in Cibies with H4 bulbs and it is really bright now. No need for $800 LEDS.

Put on grab handles. Still getting use to getting in the thing !

Sound system sucks. Don't care. I usually listen to sports or talk radio anyway so did not bother with an upgrade.

Heater is killer. Way better than my Lexus. Way better. I also drove a Toyota Celica lately and it also had a shitty heater. Toyota heaters must not be so good.

I like the materials used on the steering wheel and the seats. The steering wheel is not cold like the wood leather one I had.

Fit and finish were impressive. Very nice looking vehicle in person. I was actually stunned when I walked into the dealer and saw it sitting there. Tires and height bigger than I expected. I was planning on lifting it but now I really don't know if I will. Maybe down the road. Looks really cool the way it is.

My friends love it ! They all want to sit in it and get a ride ! They all tell me how nice it looks. I didn't think all of them would like a Jeep so much.
I mean everyone has commented on it. My mother called to tell me how nice it was !

I go out in the garage and can't believe I own one of these things. I was so sick of every SUV manufacturer out there copying the same shape as the RX. It was unique when I first got it.

The wranglers really caught my eye. My family have been Jeep owners over the years. I use to have a Grand Cherokee but it fell apart after 5 years. Swore I would never buy another Jeep and here I am LOL !

Got grill mesh on the way. Putting on a Fumoto oil drain plug.

Probably will upgrade with a Northridge 8 Bolt Kit and probably be done for now.

When tires wear I might go for a Racho 2" lift and 33" tires down the road. No need to right now.

Contemplating bumper hoop or maybe a steel bumper in the future. Not sure.

Also was going to get Ballistic Jester wheels right away but in person these aluminum ones they put on look great. I thought I was getting the steel wheels and did not ask for any upgrade so I was suprised that these were on there.

Happy I bought it. Got a good deal to boot. Now I gotta figure out how to keep it clean.

Great write up however a RX an SUV is kinda funny...I know at one time you loved it and it's never good to insult peoples past ride but... I think the RX is just a Toyota Camry in disguise? Isn't it funny that all the auto writers claimed the 1990's Grand Cherokees style was so outdated...now they all look like that but now those style are up to date. Can't figure why anyone would by any of "those" crossovers when usually for less $$ they could own a Grand Cherokee, 3x the vehicle? Oh well that's life I guess. Everyone won't have a Jeep even though they REALLY want one!

My 2012 JKU Sahara is a jewel and by the way the "sissy" leather seats with heaters are holding up really great. 25 jeeps now since 1965 CJ5, some love/hate relations but overall tops!!! Good luck with yours and hope the love affair continues as has mine!

Oh ya, by the way don't keep it too clean all the time!!

Wolfdog '12 JKU Sahara (#24) and '15 Cherokee Trailhawk (#25!)
wolfdog is offline   Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 08:39 AM   #27
Jeeper
 
michael p's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Asheville, NC
Posts: 207
I had an RX for years and while it was quiet, clean and comfortable, it lacked any sort of personality.

I think you notice the ride on the JKU because the 4 door really has a smooth ride, something about the length of the wheelbase.
__________________
2014 Wrangler Unlimited S, standard, hard top, flame red
michael p is offline   Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 08:45 AM   #28
Jeeper
 
2014rubicon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 299
funny thing. I have slowed down also....
used to take me 30 minutes to drive to work now it takes about 40 to 45 minutes....

BTW nice JKU>>>
__________________
2014 JKUR Hard top; Auto;4:10 gears;TeraFlex 2 inch BB leveling kit; Superchips Trail dash;Jeep fuel door; tinted windows; kicker speaker upgrade. Pioneer DVC Sub upgrade. cut/mod factory antenna painted black. Mopar light bar mount for factory front bumper with 21" Led bar. Custom made MagnaFlow duel exhaust. Spidertrax 1.5 Wheel spacers..
2014rubicon is offline   Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 08:47 AM   #29
Jeeper
 
bulldog777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 444
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shredmonster View Post
Recline kit ? Hmmmmmmmmmm....................
I used washers. Worked great. Don't notice the washers and daughter said ride is much better in the back.
__________________
Bulldog777
2015 JKUR
2003 TJ - Gone(But not forgotten)
Desert Storm Vet
bulldog777 is offline   Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 09:01 AM   #30
Jeeper
 
Omar Brannstrom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Sweden
Posts: 678
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shredmonster View Post
I actually have slowed down my driving with this thing. Don't know why. It is slower. Something about the RX - it was fast and I was on everyone's ass all of the time. With the Jeep I am taking my time and the ride is a lot less stressful and fun.
Just have to ask as I have not tried Your Lexus if Your RX330 is faster than your Wrangler. I have a feeling that the Wrangler have a longer pedal throw, so If You press your foot on the Wrangler pedal 1 inch it does not have the same effect as pushing the lexus pedal 1 inch, just my theory and I have no clue but if you floor the Wrangler it goes pretty fast. Aniway Your wrangler is not broken in Yet and should be driven with eas in the beginning. Thats good that You drive more slowelly now and less stressfull.

Anyway, this Lexus RX330 Zero to 60 mph: 7.7-7.8 sec according to this page Specs

And a Wrangler Rubicon here Zero to 60 mph: 7.6 sec according to this page 2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Test - Review - Car and Driver

So they seam to be very close

__________________
2013 10th Anniversary Rubicon, delivered in one week
Omar Brannstrom is offline   Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off






All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:54 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, Gladiator, Mopar and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to FCA US LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with FCA US LLC.