Black bear - Page 12 - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK General Discussion Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 12-29-2015, 12:09 PM   #331
Jeeper
 
bookem73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: MA
Posts: 161
Traded in my 2007 Sahara for the Black Bear. Added 1.5" RK springs, Rancho 5000x shocks, and Cooper ST Maxx 33" tires. Waiting on a set of decals for my big blue OX!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20151229_130202.jpg
Views:	564
Size:	229.5 KB
ID:	2711609

bookem73 is offline   Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 09:12 PM   #332
Newb
 
jasper99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: PA
Posts: 2
Yep... Black Bear Discontinued

The past week was a roller-coaster ride after 'almost' finding the exact Black Bear build at a local Jeep dealer only to then stumble (fortunately!) into this thread and finding out the the Black Bear option is discontinued. First task was to contact Jeep/Chrysler corporate where they confirmed Black Bear orders are no longer being taken. Then, after recovering from this breaking news, since we originally planned to order our 'ideal' Black Bear build in the spring, we re-grouped and spent the past week in non-stop bear hunting mode only to end up at our stating point and purchasing the original Black Bear we found last week.

Bottom line.. THANK YOU aledobud, 162884, and flynch for posting information about the Black Bear being discontinued. Your heads up about this allowed us to move up our plans to buy a Black Bear and get one of the few remaining white top 'Polar Bears' available on dealer lots. Thanks again!!!

jasper99 is offline   Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 09:36 PM   #333
Newb
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Memphis TN
Posts: 14
Great looking Black Bear!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bookem73 View Post
Traded in my 2007 Sahara for the Black Bear. Added 1.5" RK springs, Rancho 5000x shocks, and Cooper ST Maxx 33" tires. Waiting on a set of decals for my big blue OX!

[iurl="https://www.wranglerforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2711609&d=1451412525"][/iurl]
TocomaWW is offline   Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-02-2016, 09:49 PM   #334
Jeeper
 
162884's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Rocky Top, TN
Posts: 493
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper99 View Post
Bottom line.. THANK YOU aledobud, 162884, and flynch for posting information about the Black Bear being discontinued. Your heads up about this allowed us to move up our plans to buy a Black Bear and get one of the few remaining white top 'Polar Bears' available on dealer lots. Thanks again!!!
You're very welcome jasper99! I just picked mine up Thursday and love it!
__________________
2016 JKU • GCM Black Bear Edition • My first Jeep!
162884 is offline   Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 08:44 PM   #335
Newb
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Aledo, Texas
Posts: 7
Congratulations Jasper99. I too found a bright white at a dealer 180 miles away in Louisiana. Never went to another state to buy a vehicle. Loving it so far.
aledobud is offline   Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 07:48 PM   #336
Jeeper
 
bookem73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: MA
Posts: 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by TocomaWW View Post
Great looking Black Bear!!
Thanks!
bookem73 is offline   Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 09:10 PM   #337
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Edison, NJ
Posts: 26
First time Wrangler owner! Wife and I ordered ours 11/9/15 and it was delivered yesterday. Rhino color, Alpine audio, 6-speed manual, heated seats (and no grab bars! ).
LanzOil is offline   Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 08:05 AM   #338
Newb
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Memphis TN
Posts: 14
Mine didn't have grab bars either >
Quote:
Originally Posted by LanzOil View Post
First time Wrangler owner! Wife and I ordered ours 11/9/15 and it was delivered yesterday. Rhino color, Alpine audio, 6-speed manual, heated seats (and no grab bars! ).
TocomaWW is offline   Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 08:34 AM   #339
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Edison, NJ
Posts: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by TocomaWW View Post
Mine didn't have grab bars either >
I spoke to our Sales Rep and showed her these links:

Jeep® Roars into 2016 with New ‘Black Bear’ Edition Wrangler | FCA360

2016 Jeep Wrangler Black Bear - Limited Edition SUV

She said she will call Jeep about it on Monday. I know it's not a huge deal, but what the heck, if it was supposed to be included we want them!
LanzOil is offline   Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 12:30 PM   #340
Jeeper
 
bookem73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: MA
Posts: 161
No grab straps here either. I bought bartac ones which look so much better anyway!
bookem73 is offline   Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 01:34 PM   #341
Most Interesting

5-Year WF Supporting Member
 
J33P4M3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Chattanooga
Posts: 750
I got my Tank Unlimited BBE last weekend. I worked the deal on the phone and drove 85 miles to the dealer who had it in prep. After the paperwork, the Jeep was ready and I noticed carpeted mats... I said, where's the slush mats? They were missed in prep and promptly installed. I missed the grab handles, they weren't there, but I really would never use them.
__________________
.--- ...-- ...-- .--. ....- -- ...--
J33P4M3 is offline   Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 01:36 PM   #342
Most Interesting

5-Year WF Supporting Member
 
J33P4M3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Chattanooga
Posts: 750
So those are E rated tires, how do they ride for you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookem73 View Post
Traded in my 2007 Sahara for the Black Bear. Added 1.5" RK springs, Rancho 5000x shocks, and Cooper ST Maxx 33" tires. Waiting on a set of decals for my big blue OX!

Attachment 2711609
__________________
.--- ...-- ...-- .--. ....- -- ...--
J33P4M3 is offline   Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 02:52 PM   #343
Jeeper
 
162884's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Rocky Top, TN
Posts: 493
For all you Black Bear owners who didn't get grab handles. I told my dealer that I expected them to be included. I referenced the initial press release for the BBE that mentioned them as coming with it standard. When I picked up mu JKU BBE, these were included.
__________________
2016 JKU • GCM Black Bear Edition • My first Jeep!
162884 is offline   Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 08:22 PM   #344
Jeeper
 
bookem73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: MA
Posts: 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by J33P4M3 View Post
So those are E rated tires, how do they ride for you?
These tires are great! I run them at 34 psi front and 39 psi rear, I feel the ride quality is on par with the original wranglers. Ive done a few long trips with them and they shine in both wet and dry roads. Haven't had a chance to run them in much snow yet. They are very quiet for such an aggressive tread too!
bookem73 is offline   Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 08:33 AM   #345
Jeeper
 
NoleJeeper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 17
Glad I pulled the trigger when I did on the black bear with Jeep stopping production. The one I found was almost exactly how I would have ordered it and from the lots near me, a granite BB is rare.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20160109_183148_1452522788174.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	172.8 KB
ID:	2741521  
NoleJeeper is offline   Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 08:34 AM   #346
Jeeper
 
NoleJeeper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 17
My did not come with gran handles, I'll email dealer to see if they will include then after the sale. I'm stopping by in a week to pick up the remote start they added onto the deal.
NoleJeeper is offline   Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 09:26 AM   #347
Jeeper
 
fisheralum91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: New Hartford NY
Posts: 452
Quote:
Originally Posted by buschman View Post
Snow is here

Attachment 2711585
Looks like you got your wish!
Ill be heading up to Lake Placid this weekend in my 2016 Black Bear- Enjoy the snow!!
fisheralum91 is offline   Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 09:36 AM   #348
Jeeper
 
fisheralum91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: New Hartford NY
Posts: 452
Upstate NY BB



Picked mine up Week after thanksgiving
fisheralum91 is offline   Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 07:23 AM   #349
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Edison, NJ
Posts: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by bookem73 View Post
No grab straps here either. I bought bartac ones which look so much better anyway!


Yeah, those look awesome. I will order some. Thanks!
__________________
2016 Wrangler Black Bear, 6 speed manual, Rhino Clear coat.
www.LanzOil.com
LanzOil is offline   Quote
Old 01-24-2016, 05:12 PM   #350
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 59
Hey Lanzoil do you have any pics? Im torn between a black or rhino bb...and i havent seen one in person yet, the only near me is quite a trip to go out and see. It would very much appreciated.
theripplecut is offline   Quote
Old 01-24-2016, 07:51 PM   #351
Jeeper
 
162884's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Rocky Top, TN
Posts: 493
For all you Black Bear owners, we all should have received the full set of the Mopar slush mats! When I picked my BBE up from the dealer I only had the slush mats for the seat floorboards. I wondered why there was no Mopar cargo slush mat in the cargo area, only the carpet one. I went to Jeep.com and did a live chat requesting the cargo slush mat. Long story short, they agreed that I should have had one and contacted my dealer. I went by the next day and picked it up.


Got mine out in the snow recently... ran great and got me to work and back without issue!
__________________
2016 JKU • GCM Black Bear Edition • My first Jeep!
162884 is offline   Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 07:25 PM   #352
Most Interesting

5-Year WF Supporting Member
 
J33P4M3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Chattanooga
Posts: 750
My build sheet says MOPAR slush mats, but not cargo. My dealer says there is a difference and the slush "mats" are not the cargo tray.
__________________
.--- ...-- ...-- .--. ....- -- ...--
J33P4M3 is offline   Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 01:21 PM   #353
Jeeper
 
CrissCross's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 182
New 2016 Black Bear

Our new 2016 Black Bear.

The Build sheet did not include the rock rails, the grab handles and didn't even come with the 430N listed under the Black Bear Package. these were listed under additions. I guess in the end its what the wife wanted so if shes happy im happy.

Here's the video.
https://youtu.be/W-6EJ09hUoM
CrissCross is offline   Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 07:59 PM   #354
Jeeper
 
162884's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Rocky Top, TN
Posts: 493
Quote:
Originally Posted by J33P4M3 View Post
My build sheet says MOPAR slush mats, but not cargo. My dealer says there is a difference and the slush "mats" are not the cargo tray.
Yep, I got the same story from my dealer but like I said above... I went to Jeep.com and did a live chat about not getting the cargo slush mat. They contacted the dealer and worked it out for me to pick one up at no charge.
__________________
2016 JKU • GCM Black Bear Edition • My first Jeep!
162884 is offline   Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 08:05 PM   #355
Jeeper
 
162884's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Rocky Top, TN
Posts: 493
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrissCross View Post
Our new 2016 Black Bear.

The Build sheet did not include the rock rails, the grab handles and didn't even come with the 430N listed under the Black Bear Package. these were listed under additions. I guess in the end its what the wife wanted so if shes happy im happy.

Here's the video.
https://youtu.be/W-6EJ09hUoM
Not sure why you didn't get the rock rails because they should have been standard with the BBE. My dealer threw in the Jeep branded grab handles since the initial press release stated that the BBE came with them. I ordered mine with the premium sound and navigation which was an add-on.
__________________
2016 JKU • GCM Black Bear Edition • My first Jeep!
162884 is offline   Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 08:57 PM   #356
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Edison, NJ
Posts: 26
Dealer was non-responsive, so went to chat with Jeep. Here is their response:


Hello XXXXX I have received an update regarding your concerns with the Grab Handles being a part of the Black Bear Package. Upon further review of this concern it would appear that the Grab Handles are an optional feature that would require a selection at time of order in order to obtain. I do understand the discrepancies with the websites listing this option as an available feature with the Black Bear trim selection however this is something that is being addressed and should be updated within the near future. I would like to thank you again and I do apologize again for the delayed response however your business is valued and if you do have any further concerns I would like to invite you to chat back again or contact us at 844-533-7928 844(JEEP WAVE) for further information and assistance regarding this concern Thank you again for choosing Jeep Jesse Jeep Wave Premium Care
__________________
2016 Wrangler Black Bear, 6 speed manual, Rhino Clear coat.
www.LanzOil.com
LanzOil is offline   Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 08:58 PM   #357
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Edison, NJ
Posts: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by theripplecut View Post
Hey Lanzoil do you have any pics? Im torn between a black or rhino bb...and i havent seen one in person yet, the only near me is quite a trip to go out and see. It would very much appreciated.
Trying to figure out how to post a pic. There is one on my user page if you click on my user name
__________________
2016 Wrangler Black Bear, 6 speed manual, Rhino Clear coat.
www.LanzOil.com
LanzOil is offline   Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 07:16 AM   #358
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Edison, NJ
Posts: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by theripplecut View Post
Hey Lanzoil do you have any pics? Im torn between a black or rhino bb...and i havent seen one in person yet, the only near me is quite a trip to go out and see. It would very much appreciated.
Go with the Rhino color. Looks awesome. Wife and I both love the color.
__________________
2016 Wrangler Black Bear, 6 speed manual, Rhino Clear coat.
www.LanzOil.com
LanzOil is offline   Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 12:06 PM   #359
Jeeper
 
NEPatriotsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Chepachet, Ri
Posts: 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by LanzOil View Post
Dealer was non-responsive, so went to chat with Jeep. Here is their response:


Hello XXXXX I have received an update regarding your concerns with the Grab Handles being a part of the Black Bear Package. Upon further review of this concern it would appear that the Grab Handles are an optional feature that would require a selection at time of order in order to obtain. I do understand the discrepancies with the websites listing this option as an available feature with the Black Bear trim selection however this is something that is being addressed and should be updated within the near future. I would like to thank you again and I do apologize again for the delayed response however your business is valued and if you do have any further concerns I would like to invite you to chat back again or contact us at 844-533-7928 844(JEEP WAVE) for further information and assistance regarding this concern Thank you again for choosing Jeep Jesse Jeep Wave Premium Care
I called the Jeep Wave number a couple weeks ago asking about the grab handles missing from my Black Bear. Talked to Scott (ext 4718152). He called the dealer and the dealer then called me and said they were ready to be picked up. You might try calling Scott. Scott also told me that if the dealer didn't want to give them to me that I should purchase them and Jeep would reimburse me.
NEPatriotsfan is offline   Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 10:07 PM   #360
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by LanzOil View Post
Go with the Rhino color. Looks awesome. Wife and I both love the color.
Roger that!

theripplecut is offline   Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off






All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:18 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC