Crown Automotive Big Brake Kit RT31046 - Page 10 - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK General Discussion Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Like Tree572Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 11-07-2017, 08:56 PM   #271
Jeeper

WF Supporting Member
 
xj-boonie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Frederick, MD
Posts: 360
So the crown kit was delivered while I was at work. Not happy with the packaging or that it was left in the rain.


Plus it looks like the caliper bleeder screw was what tore the whole in the box as it was dragged around and bent it.





Not sure what to do... really want to install this Friday.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

__________________
2012 JKU Rubicon | 7/2 | JS 7/26 | KZ 8/2 | purchased 8/26
Bright Silver Metallic Clear Coat
6 speed manual, 4.10 gears, Heated seats, Dual Tops, 2.5" Metalcloak w/ Fox/BDS shocks, 35" ATZP3's on MB11 wheels, ACE rails, JCR bumper, RuffStuff diff armor, Warn M8000, ProTec Skidplates, Teraflex Hinge & Alta Rack, SPOD, QT LED headlights, Adams driveshaft front, Magnaflow exhaust, Pioneer 4200NEX, Crown BBK front, PRS audio mod
xj-boonie is offline   Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 08:59 PM
Thread Starter
  #272
Jeeper
 
dawhitesJKU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: SoCal 951/714/562
Posts: 10,449
Send a message via Yahoo to dawhitesJKU
Darn. Those shippers suck!! My box was just dirty...no delivery issues at all. You need to contact them.

__________________
Eat, Sleep, Jeep my build thread: https://www.wranglerforum.com/f314/dw...d-1343409.html
dawhitesJKU is offline   Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 09:01 PM   #273
Jeeper

WF Supporting Member
 
xj-boonie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Frederick, MD
Posts: 360
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawhitesJKU View Post
Darn. Those shippers suck!! My box was just dirty...no delivery issues at all. You need to contact them.


Ya. Ordered from QT, direct shipped from crown.

Just wondering if I can replace the bleeder with one for a Dodge Ram 1500...


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
2012 JKU Rubicon | 7/2 | JS 7/26 | KZ 8/2 | purchased 8/26
Bright Silver Metallic Clear Coat
6 speed manual, 4.10 gears, Heated seats, Dual Tops, 2.5" Metalcloak w/ Fox/BDS shocks, 35" ATZP3's on MB11 wheels, ACE rails, JCR bumper, RuffStuff diff armor, Warn M8000, ProTec Skidplates, Teraflex Hinge & Alta Rack, SPOD, QT LED headlights, Adams driveshaft front, Magnaflow exhaust, Pioneer 4200NEX, Crown BBK front, PRS audio mod
xj-boonie is offline   Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-07-2017, 09:04 PM
Thread Starter
  #274
Jeeper
 
dawhitesJKU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: SoCal 951/714/562
Posts: 10,449
Send a message via Yahoo to dawhitesJKU
Perhaps but not completely sure. Hopefully experienced members can chime in regarding that. Hopefully it’s an easy fix. Any issues with anything else @xj-boonie ?
__________________
Eat, Sleep, Jeep my build thread: https://www.wranglerforum.com/f314/dw...d-1343409.html
dawhitesJKU is offline   Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 09:18 PM   #275
I drive Papa Smurf

WF Supporting Member
::WF Moderator::
 
Pressurized's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Gilbert, AZ
Posts: 13,553
Quote:
Originally Posted by xj-boonie View Post

Ya. Ordered from QT, direct shipped from crown.

Just wondering if I can replace the bleeder with one for a Dodge Ram 1500...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That caliper is supposed to be a Ram 1500 part. But I think most of those are pretty much the same. A place like Pep Boys has a lot of that stuff.
__________________
2012 JKU Sahara - Pro Comp LED Headlights - PRS Audio mod- SWS - GraBars - Bestop Cargo Cover

Papa Smurf - Mopar 2" Frankenlift - Teraflex Falcon Shocks - RE TB/Brackets - JKS mount/Bilstein stabilizer - Rugged Ridge XHD bumper- Yukon Gears - G2 Diff Covers - Pro Comp 8186 - Milestar Patagonia 35's - Smittybilt Rear Tire Mount - Hi-Lift

- TORQ Locker - 1310 Driveshaft - Air Bags - Full Core 4x4 Control Arms and Track Bars
Pressurized is offline   Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 09:22 PM   #276
Jeeper

WF Supporting Member
 
xj-boonie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Frederick, MD
Posts: 360
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawhitesJKU View Post
Perhaps but not completely sure. Hopefully experienced members can chime in regarding that. Hopefully it’s an easy fix. Any issues with anything else @xj-boonie ?

Everything looks good but one rotor looks maybe a little beat up.






Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
2012 JKU Rubicon | 7/2 | JS 7/26 | KZ 8/2 | purchased 8/26
Bright Silver Metallic Clear Coat
6 speed manual, 4.10 gears, Heated seats, Dual Tops, 2.5" Metalcloak w/ Fox/BDS shocks, 35" ATZP3's on MB11 wheels, ACE rails, JCR bumper, RuffStuff diff armor, Warn M8000, ProTec Skidplates, Teraflex Hinge & Alta Rack, SPOD, QT LED headlights, Adams driveshaft front, Magnaflow exhaust, Pioneer 4200NEX, Crown BBK front, PRS audio mod
xj-boonie is offline   Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 09:35 PM
Thread Starter
  #277
Jeeper
 
dawhitesJKU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: SoCal 951/714/562
Posts: 10,449
Send a message via Yahoo to dawhitesJKU
Mine had a similar small chip at the top of the rotor and a slight surface scar. It hasn’t affected the braking feel whatsoever. It feels even. In the future...xxxxx miles from now, I can upgrade those to preference anyways.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6668.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	184.7 KB
ID:	3814066
__________________
Eat, Sleep, Jeep my build thread: https://www.wranglerforum.com/f314/dw...d-1343409.html
dawhitesJKU is offline   Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 09:39 PM   #278
Supporting Member

5-Year WF Supporting Member
 
TerryC6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Hesperia, CA
Posts: 6,644
Just a dimpled rotor and it was free.
__________________
Terry

35" Baja MTZ P3's - Level 8 Tracker Pro 5 Wheels - Dynatrac ProGrip Brakes - MetalCloak 2.5" GC Suspension, 6Pak Edition - Griffin Attenuator - Artec Front Axle Armor - Nitro Axle Sleeves - JCR Vanguard Bumpers - Poison Spyder Brawler Rockers & Bombshell Diff Covers - RockHard 4x4 Skid's & Sport Cage - Genesis Dual Battery Kit with G Screen - SPOD - Zeon 10-S - VisionX headlights - Traildash 2 - Morris Mule Trailer
TerryC6 is offline   Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 10:26 PM   #279
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
m998dna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 9,365
Crown Automotive needs to get feedback regarding their poor packaging...

Perhaps email them this thread and emphasize the importance of adequate packaging on parts like this.

.
dawhitesJKU and BeeLDub like this.
m998dna is online now   Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 10:59 AM
Thread Starter
  #280
Jeeper
 
dawhitesJKU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: SoCal 951/714/562
Posts: 10,449
Send a message via Yahoo to dawhitesJKU
Quote:
Originally Posted by m998dna View Post
Crown Automotive needs to get feedback regarding their poor packaging...

Perhaps email them this thread and emphasize the importance of adequate packaging on parts like this.

.
I did contact them this am and left a message via email. I linked our thread. I'll let you know their response. The rotor packaging was just encased in a fitted box with only a plastic surround. Everything else was wrapped nicely. Hopefully they can resolve the issue with their quality control.

It also didn't deter me from my install. Mine was just a small scuff. My previous rotors brand new rotors on a different vehicle (civic) had similar surface scratches so I thought they are normal.

I'll update with their response if any... 1-3 days.
__________________
Eat, Sleep, Jeep my build thread: https://www.wranglerforum.com/f314/dw...d-1343409.html
dawhitesJKU is offline   Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 11:04 AM   #281
Jeeper

WF Supporting Member
 
xj-boonie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Frederick, MD
Posts: 360
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawhitesJKU View Post
I did contact them this am and left a message via email. I linked our thread. I'll let you know their response. The rotor packaging was just encased in a fitted box with only a plastic surround. Everything else was wrapped nicely. Hopefully they can resolve the issue with their quality control.

It also didn't deter me from my install. Mine was just a small scuff. My previous rotors brand new rotors on a different vehicle (civic) had similar surface scratches so I thought they are normal.

I'll update with their response if any... 1-3 days.
Did you contact Crown or QuadraTec? - got a # I can use?

I'm more worried about the bleeder, but I suppose I could get a new one from Autozone or where ever....
__________________
2012 JKU Rubicon | 7/2 | JS 7/26 | KZ 8/2 | purchased 8/26
Bright Silver Metallic Clear Coat
6 speed manual, 4.10 gears, Heated seats, Dual Tops, 2.5" Metalcloak w/ Fox/BDS shocks, 35" ATZP3's on MB11 wheels, ACE rails, JCR bumper, RuffStuff diff armor, Warn M8000, ProTec Skidplates, Teraflex Hinge & Alta Rack, SPOD, QT LED headlights, Adams driveshaft front, Magnaflow exhaust, Pioneer 4200NEX, Crown BBK front, PRS audio mod
xj-boonie is offline   Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 11:06 AM
Thread Starter
  #282
Jeeper
 
dawhitesJKU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: SoCal 951/714/562
Posts: 10,449
Send a message via Yahoo to dawhitesJKU
Quote:
Originally Posted by xj-boonie View Post
Did you contact Crown or QuadraTec? - got a # I can use?

I'm more worried about the bleeder, but I suppose I could get a new one from Autozone or where ever....
I contacted Crown directly since its drop shipped. Maybe @Quadratec can chime in with their thoughts.
__________________
Eat, Sleep, Jeep my build thread: https://www.wranglerforum.com/f314/dw...d-1343409.html
dawhitesJKU is offline   Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 11:08 AM
Thread Starter
  #283
Jeeper
 
dawhitesJKU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: SoCal 951/714/562
Posts: 10,449
Send a message via Yahoo to dawhitesJKU
@xj-boonie was it FedEx that delivered the package?
__________________
Eat, Sleep, Jeep my build thread: https://www.wranglerforum.com/f314/dw...d-1343409.html
dawhitesJKU is offline   Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 11:10 AM   #284
Jeeper

WF Supporting Member
 
xj-boonie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Frederick, MD
Posts: 360
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawhitesJKU View Post
@xj-boonie was it FedEx that delivered the package?
Yep! and left in front of my garage in the rain - not sure why not on my porch out of the rain...
__________________
2012 JKU Rubicon | 7/2 | JS 7/26 | KZ 8/2 | purchased 8/26
Bright Silver Metallic Clear Coat
6 speed manual, 4.10 gears, Heated seats, Dual Tops, 2.5" Metalcloak w/ Fox/BDS shocks, 35" ATZP3's on MB11 wheels, ACE rails, JCR bumper, RuffStuff diff armor, Warn M8000, ProTec Skidplates, Teraflex Hinge & Alta Rack, SPOD, QT LED headlights, Adams driveshaft front, Magnaflow exhaust, Pioneer 4200NEX, Crown BBK front, PRS audio mod
xj-boonie is offline   Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 11:25 AM   #285
Supporting Member

5-Year WF Supporting Member
 
Lee H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Upland, Ca.
Posts: 1,779
Wonder if Crown will be coming out with a kit for the rear. After reading this thread I'm down with with getting this kit when I need brakes. Can't go with the bigger MOPAR master/booster because I have an ARB compressor with a Metalclock bracket.
Lee H is offline   Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 11:25 AM
Thread Starter
  #286
Jeeper
 
dawhitesJKU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: SoCal 951/714/562
Posts: 10,449
Send a message via Yahoo to dawhitesJKU
@xj-boonie The majority of the stuff i purchased from QT have been shipped to me via fedex ... same with drop ship so I use QT as a secondary to make purchases. Nothing on QT ... just Fedex in general. Either they deliver to the wrong place, and sometimes it says delivered but I don't receive it till the next day which puts me on panic mode and have to get on the phone with them.
__________________
Eat, Sleep, Jeep my build thread: https://www.wranglerforum.com/f314/dw...d-1343409.html
dawhitesJKU is offline   Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 12:05 PM   #287
Newb
 
MikeFirstJeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 219
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawhitesJKU View Post
@xj-boonie The majority of the stuff i purchased from QT have been shipped to me via fedex ... same with drop ship so I use QT as a secondary to make purchases. Nothing on QT ... just Fedex in general. Either they deliver to the wrong place, and sometimes it says delivered but I don't receive it till the next day which puts me on panic mode and have to get on the phone with them.
QT and FedEx have been great for the numerous mods I have purchased. Perhaps the Crown Kit is cheaper because it skimps on packaging.

_________________________________
2018 Rubicon Recon Gobi (Still Waiting)
MikeFirstJeep is offline   Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 12:19 PM
Thread Starter
  #288
Jeeper
 
dawhitesJKU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: SoCal 951/714/562
Posts: 10,449
Send a message via Yahoo to dawhitesJKU
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeFirstJeep View Post
QT and FedEx have been great for the numerous mods I have purchased. Perhaps the Crown Kit is cheaper because it skimps on packaging.

_________________________________
2018 Rubicon Recon Gobi (Still Waiting)
Your mopar BBK rotor is sourced from the same place (Crown). Should be the same packaging.

Its just my personal preference to have my items shipped other than fedex. one too many lost/broken items from a shipping company warrants my opinion.
__________________
Eat, Sleep, Jeep my build thread: https://www.wranglerforum.com/f314/dw...d-1343409.html
dawhitesJKU is offline   Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 12:37 PM
Thread Starter
  #289
Jeeper
 
dawhitesJKU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: SoCal 951/714/562
Posts: 10,449
Send a message via Yahoo to dawhitesJKU
@xj-boonie does the supplied gold fitting fit inside the caliper brake line thread?
__________________
Eat, Sleep, Jeep my build thread: https://www.wranglerforum.com/f314/dw...d-1343409.html
dawhitesJKU is offline   Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 01:04 PM
Thread Starter
  #290
Jeeper
 
dawhitesJKU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: SoCal 951/714/562
Posts: 10,449
Send a message via Yahoo to dawhitesJKU
Received a response from Adam at Crown regarding the rotor issue from xj-boonie as well as his valve.

We just had a meeting with the warehouse manager, quality control department, the packaging manager, and the shipping department to iron out any problems the packing of this kit may have. We're now going to offer our RT Off-Road Big Brake Kit (RT31046) in 3 boxes instead of 2. We're also going to re-organize the boxes and add more bubble to the boxes so nothing has the opportunity to move around.

I can send replacement bleeder valves to you ASAP. Also, we'd like to send you our oversized brake master cylinder. It bolts in place of your OE master cylinder and has a larger bore to accommodate the big brake kit. It is dimensionally identical to the OE JK master cylinder so anything that fits with the OE hydraulic system will work with the oversized master cylinder.

I noticed your brake rotors have a little damage to them. That damage won't affect the braking performance. The kit offers a 12 month warranty so if you run into any problems along the road you can get replacement rotors.

Give me your shipping address and I'll get everything out to you ASAP. If you give me your address before 3:30 eastern time I'll get it out today!

Let me know if you have any questions.
xj-boonie, BeeLDub and lumpy1977 like this.
__________________
Eat, Sleep, Jeep my build thread: https://www.wranglerforum.com/f314/dw...d-1343409.html
dawhitesJKU is offline   Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 02:09 PM   #291
Jeeper

WF Supporting Member
 
xj-boonie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Frederick, MD
Posts: 360
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawhitesJKU View Post
@xj-boonie does the supplied gold fitting fit inside the caliper brake line thread?
I didn't check yesterday - I'll do so when I get home from work today.
dawhitesJKU likes this.
__________________
2012 JKU Rubicon | 7/2 | JS 7/26 | KZ 8/2 | purchased 8/26
Bright Silver Metallic Clear Coat
6 speed manual, 4.10 gears, Heated seats, Dual Tops, 2.5" Metalcloak w/ Fox/BDS shocks, 35" ATZP3's on MB11 wheels, ACE rails, JCR bumper, RuffStuff diff armor, Warn M8000, ProTec Skidplates, Teraflex Hinge & Alta Rack, SPOD, QT LED headlights, Adams driveshaft front, Magnaflow exhaust, Pioneer 4200NEX, Crown BBK front, PRS audio mod
xj-boonie is offline   Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 02:16 PM
Thread Starter
  #292
Jeeper
 
dawhitesJKU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: SoCal 951/714/562
Posts: 10,449
Send a message via Yahoo to dawhitesJKU
@xj-boonie are you planning to get the upgraded master cylinder that they are offering to you?
xj-boonie likes this.
__________________
Eat, Sleep, Jeep my build thread: https://www.wranglerforum.com/f314/dw...d-1343409.html
dawhitesJKU is offline   Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 02:22 PM   #293
Jeeper

WF Supporting Member
 
xj-boonie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Frederick, MD
Posts: 360
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawhitesJKU View Post
@xj-boonie are you planning to get the upgraded master cylinder that they are offering to you?
Yes - I sent off an email to Adam. That's an awesome offer.
dawhitesJKU likes this.
__________________
2012 JKU Rubicon | 7/2 | JS 7/26 | KZ 8/2 | purchased 8/26
Bright Silver Metallic Clear Coat
6 speed manual, 4.10 gears, Heated seats, Dual Tops, 2.5" Metalcloak w/ Fox/BDS shocks, 35" ATZP3's on MB11 wheels, ACE rails, JCR bumper, RuffStuff diff armor, Warn M8000, ProTec Skidplates, Teraflex Hinge & Alta Rack, SPOD, QT LED headlights, Adams driveshaft front, Magnaflow exhaust, Pioneer 4200NEX, Crown BBK front, PRS audio mod
xj-boonie is offline   Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 03:05 PM   #294
Sponsoring Vendor
 
Quadratec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: West Chester, PA
Posts: 2,430
EDIT: I see Crown has you taken care of. If I can help with anything else, please let me know.

Also, as a note: We are now using UPS for all packages that ship from our warehouses. Drop shipments are whatever server the manufacturer is using at that time.

Thanks!

-Rick
xj-boonie, dawhitesJKU and BeeLDub like this.
__________________

We Price Match, PM us for a quote
Forum Member Discounts

Active Hours: 9am-5pm EST Monday - Friday
Wrangler PartsWrangler WheelsWrangler TiresWrangler Lift KitsWrangler BumpersWrangler Soft Tops
Quadratec is offline   Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 03:28 PM
Thread Starter
  #295
Jeeper
 
dawhitesJKU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: SoCal 951/714/562
Posts: 10,449
Send a message via Yahoo to dawhitesJKU
Good to know quadratec! Thank you!
Quadratec likes this.
__________________
Eat, Sleep, Jeep my build thread: https://www.wranglerforum.com/f314/dw...d-1343409.html
dawhitesJKU is offline   Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 06:39 PM   #296
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
m998dna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 9,365
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawhitesJKU View Post
Received a response from Adam at Crown regarding the rotor issue from xj-boonie as well as his valve.

We just had a meeting with the warehouse manager, quality control department, the packaging manager, and the shipping department to iron out any problems the packing of this kit may have. We're now going to offer our RT Off-Road Big Brake Kit (RT31046) in 3 boxes instead of 2. We're also going to re-organize the boxes and add more bubble to the boxes so nothing has the opportunity to move around.

I can send replacement bleeder valves to you ASAP. Also, we'd like to send you our oversized brake master cylinder. It bolts in place of your OE master cylinder and has a larger bore to accommodate the big brake kit. It is dimensionally identical to the OE JK master cylinder so anything that fits with the OE hydraulic system will work with the oversized master cylinder.

I noticed your brake rotors have a little damage to them. That damage won't affect the braking performance. The kit offers a 12 month warranty so if you run into any problems along the road you can get replacement rotors.

Give me your shipping address and I'll get everything out to you ASAP. If you give me your address before 3:30 eastern time I'll get it out today!

Let me know if you have any questions.
Damn... that was quick, packaging changes implemented and Crown Automotive threw in an oversized Master Cylinder - customer service at its finest.

This is getting more interesting by the moment.

So it appears the pressure is on @xj-boonie to test this new oversized Crown Automotive Master Cylinder and provide feedback like DW did with and without the Mopar MC/Booster - Boonie, what do you think? Is it a go?

This probably deserves the WF "Thread of The Year" award!



.
xj-boonie, dawhitesJKU and BeeLDub like this.
m998dna is online now   Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 06:44 PM   #297
Jeeper

WF Supporting Member
 
xj-boonie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Frederick, MD
Posts: 360
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawhitesJKU View Post
@xj-boonie does the supplied gold fitting fit inside the caliper brake line thread?


Yes it does (if I understood correctly)




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
2012 JKU Rubicon | 7/2 | JS 7/26 | KZ 8/2 | purchased 8/26
Bright Silver Metallic Clear Coat
6 speed manual, 4.10 gears, Heated seats, Dual Tops, 2.5" Metalcloak w/ Fox/BDS shocks, 35" ATZP3's on MB11 wheels, ACE rails, JCR bumper, RuffStuff diff armor, Warn M8000, ProTec Skidplates, Teraflex Hinge & Alta Rack, SPOD, QT LED headlights, Adams driveshaft front, Magnaflow exhaust, Pioneer 4200NEX, Crown BBK front, PRS audio mod
xj-boonie is offline   Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 06:47 PM   #298
Supporting Member

5-Year WF Supporting Member
 
Zenman323's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Parker, CO
Posts: 1,647
Quote:
Originally Posted by m998dna View Post
Damn... that was quick, packaging changes implemented and Crown Automotive threw in an oversized Master Cylinder - customer service at its finest.

This is getting more interesting by the moment.

So it appears the pressure is on @xj-boonie to test this new oversized Crown Automotive Master Cylinder and provide feedback like DW did with and without the Mopar MC/Booster - Boonie, what do you think? Is it a go?

This probably deserves the WF "Thread of The Year" award!



.
This really is a great thread - I'll 2nd the vote for "Thread of the year".

So does their oversize master calendar work for the 6-speed manual as well?
xj-boonie likes this.
__________________
Every man dies, but not every man really lives...

Carpe Diem!
Zenman323 is offline   Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 06:48 PM
Thread Starter
  #299
Jeeper
 
dawhitesJKU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: SoCal 951/714/562
Posts: 10,449
Send a message via Yahoo to dawhitesJKU
@xj-boonie That's it!!

i'm glad it does fit. For some reason, I had an issue during install, but if I was more prepared ... it would've been resolved.
xj-boonie likes this.
__________________
Eat, Sleep, Jeep my build thread: https://www.wranglerforum.com/f314/dw...d-1343409.html
dawhitesJKU is offline   Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 06:54 PM
Thread Starter
  #300
Jeeper
 
dawhitesJKU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: SoCal 951/714/562
Posts: 10,449
Send a message via Yahoo to dawhitesJKU
@Zenman323 i'm don't know about Crown's oversized MC, but i'm pretty sure it will fit. Teraflex, Mopar and Crown should all fit the same. I have a 6speed w/ the mopar MC/BB upgrade and you will need an additional reservoir.

If you scroll back a page or two, you should see my install.

https://www.summitracing.com/int/par...1098/overview/

__________________
Eat, Sleep, Jeep my build thread: https://www.wranglerforum.com/f314/dw...d-1343409.html
dawhitesJKU is offline   Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off






All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:54 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC