Front Sway Bar Kit Recommendations. - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK General Discussion Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Like Tree8Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 01-22-2020, 10:46 PM
Thread Starter
  #1
Supporting Member

5-Year WF Supporting Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: USA
Posts: 202
Front Sway Bar Kit Recommendations.

What's going on people? I am curious as to what people recommend for a front sway bar kit. I have looked at Currie and Teraflex, seems like most people go with Currie, any advice?

TankJK45 is offline   Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 11:00 PM   #2
Jeeper
 
NotARubicon!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Inland Empire, CA
Posts: 2,708
We put Currie AntiRocks on our JK and TJ ..

NotARubicon! is offline   Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 11:06 PM
Thread Starter
  #3
Supporting Member

5-Year WF Supporting Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: USA
Posts: 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotARubicon! View Post
We put Currie AntiRocks on our JK and TJ ..
Did you do both front and back? Can I get away with just doing the fronts first?
TankJK45 is offline   Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-22-2020, 11:21 PM   #4
I drive Papa Smurf

WF Lifetime Member
WF Supporting Member
::WF Moderator::
 
Pressurized's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Gilbert, AZ
Posts: 14,327
It is common to just do the front.
__________________
2006 LJ Rubicon - Solar Yellow - Very Stock'ish - The Press Casual LJ-R build
2012 JKU Sahara - Pro Comp LED Headlights - PRS Audio mod- SWS - GraBars - Bestop Cargo Cover
- Mopar 2" Frankenlift - Teraflex Falcon Shocks - RE TB/Brackets - JKS mount/Bilstein stabilizer -
Rugged Ridge XHD
bumper - Yukon Gears - G2 Diff Covers - Pro Comp 8186 - Milestar Patagonia 35's - Teraflex BRK
- TORQ Locker - 1310 Driveshaft - PowerTrax Grip Pro - Full Core 4x4 Control Arms and Track Bars
Pressurized is offline   Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 11:22 PM   #5
Jeeper
 
NotARubicon!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Inland Empire, CA
Posts: 2,708
On a JK, the rear does not do much..
We only have the front on both Jeeps..Same with most people I know with Antirocks.. I think I know 2 Jeeps with rears (out of hundreds I've wheeled with, that I can recall) ...
NotARubicon! is offline   Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 11:28 PM   #6
Supporting Member

5-Year WF Supporting Member
 
jaysong's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Prior Lake
Posts: 1,245
Quote:
Originally Posted by TankJK45 View Post
What's going on people? I am curious as to what people recommend for a front sway bar kit. I have looked at Currie and Teraflex, seems like most people go with Currie, any advice?
Depends on budget. Currie if funds are limited and ORO Swayloc it you want the best on road and off road performance.
drrags likes this.
jaysong is offline   Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 11:55 PM   #7
Bella's Jeeper

5-Year WF Supporting Member
 
ExPatWillys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Boise, ID
Posts: 1,217
I switched to Antirock front and back at the same time as I did my AEV 3.5 lift - love the performance and convenience.
__________________
Bella (a.k.a. Baby Blue) - 2015 JK Willys Wheeler, Hydro Blue
A Brief History of Bella
Snow Angel - 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo, Deep Cherry Red
--- For list of mods see profile in Garage ---
ExPatWillys is offline   Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 09:01 AM   #8
Jeeper
 
phxchargerfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Tempe, AZ
Posts: 1,387
I just run disconnects. I also got a harbor freight pry bar for 7 bucks for thosde times reconnecting is being difficult . So total investment is like $106
__________________
Nemo: 2013 Crush JKU
D44's, 5:13 gears, lockers, Gussets/Sleeved, 38x13.50x17 Milestar Patagonia's. 3.5 Metalcloak RS, JKS quick disconnects, armoured belly, and way too much more to list
phxchargerfan is offline   Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 09:25 AM   #9
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 367
pick up a Rubicon takeoff. run the evo manual disconnect.
Soggoth likes this.
TheGrendel is offline   Quote
Old 01-25-2020, 02:02 AM   #10
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Ca
Posts: 671
Just curious, I have the rubicon sway bars. Why upgrade the stock sway bar? I only ask because I don't know.
Sabrewulf is offline   Quote
Old 01-25-2020, 02:13 AM   #11
Jeeper
 
JHD1827's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 294
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabrewulf View Post
Just curious, I have the rubicon sway bars. Why upgrade the stock sway bar? I only ask because I don't know.
I believe they have a high rate of failure

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
JHD1827 is offline   Quote
Old 01-25-2020, 02:16 AM   #12
Jeeper
 
gobi_rubi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: SE WI
Posts: 297
Ive been waiting to see some reviews of this G2 one
G2 AXLE & GEAR | HOME
gobi_rubi is offline   Quote
Old 01-25-2020, 07:49 AM   #13
Supporting Member

5-Year WF Supporting Member
 
gravitywell's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 829
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobi_rubi View Post
Ive been waiting to see some reviews of this G2 one
G2 AXLE & GEAR | HOME
$1300, not including the air compressor that's required. Kind of steep, when you consider anti rocks are over 50% cheaper.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
gravitywell is offline   Quote
Old 01-25-2020, 08:58 AM   #14
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: ny
Posts: 1,819
That G2 setup looks nice. I like the load adjust ability and the statement it acts stock on road, which the anti rock says doesn't have the same level of performance on road. Not bad $ considering a Rubicon retrofit setup cost.
deepbluerubi is offline   Quote
Old 01-25-2020, 10:46 AM   #15
Jeeper
 
Bob Sanders's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Winnipeg, Canada
Posts: 4,468
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabrewulf View Post
Just curious, I have the rubicon sway bars. Why upgrade the stock sway bar? I only ask because I don't know.

Sway bars are very shock/spring dependent, so how much sway bar you need logically speaking anyway, depends on the springs and shocks you are running.


Hypothetical of extremes.....
If I took the springs out and replaced them with blocks of wood then I wouldn't need a sway bar at all because there is absolutely no flex to control.
Conversely if I took the springs out and replaced them with blocks of seat cushion foam then I would need one hell of a thick sway bar to control the incredible roll and sway on turns.


Long story short.... If you replace your springs/shocks with something heavier (relative to the lift you do) then you probably don't need something as heavy as the stock sway bar. You want to control the roll and sway but you don't want to remove so much suspension action that the ride quality becomes disastrous.


Antirock is therefore a pretty good solution for those with beefed up springs and shocks. They get some of that ride quality back while not giving up TOO much in the sway department.
Bob Sanders is offline   Quote
Old 01-25-2020, 11:30 AM   #16
Bella's Jeeper

5-Year WF Supporting Member
 
ExPatWillys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Boise, ID
Posts: 1,217
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Sanders View Post
Sway bars are very shock/spring dependent, so how much sway bar you need logically speaking anyway, depends on the springs and shocks you are running.


Hypothetical of extremes.....
If I took the springs out and replaced them with blocks of wood then I wouldn't need a sway bar at all because there is absolutely no flex to control.
Conversely if I took the springs out and replaced them with blocks of seat cushion foam then I would need one hell of a thick sway bar to control the incredible roll and sway on turns.


Long story short.... If you replace your springs/shocks with something heavier (relative to the lift you do) then you probably don't need something as heavy as the stock sway bar. You want to control the roll and sway but you don't want to remove so much suspension action that the ride quality becomes disastrous.


Antirock is therefore a pretty good solution for those with beefed up springs and shocks. They get some of that ride quality back while not giving up TOO much in the sway department.
Interesting - I heard that people who put Antirock on a stock suspension generally hate it because of the body roll - and I was warned off doing so by my mechanic. He said the system was designed to work on "beefed up springs and shocks" too.
__________________
Bella (a.k.a. Baby Blue) - 2015 JK Willys Wheeler, Hydro Blue
A Brief History of Bella
Snow Angel - 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo, Deep Cherry Red
--- For list of mods see profile in Garage ---
ExPatWillys is offline   Quote
Old 01-25-2020, 03:42 PM   #17
Jeeper
 
Bob Sanders's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Winnipeg, Canada
Posts: 4,468
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExPatWillys View Post
Interesting - I heard that people who put Antirock on a stock suspension generally hate it because of the body roll - and I was warned off doing so by my mechanic. He said the system was designed to work on "beefed up springs and shocks" too.

Are you talking about the stock SB? That's designed to work with stock springs. Put heavier springs on and it becomes a whole different ball game.


I have a TF 3" sport lift with Falcon 3.3 shock set at 2.5.... pretty stiff springs with a stiff shock setup.
As a result I've been running with no sway bars at all for the last 2 years. The stock rubi sway bar plus the sport springs was just too heavy for any kind of smooth ride.


The springs are getting pretty worked in now though and I'm starting to notice more roll than when the springs were new. I think I will go the antirock route.
Bob Sanders is offline   Quote
Old 01-25-2020, 04:41 PM   #18
Jeeper
 
gobi_rubi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: SE WI
Posts: 297
Quote:
Originally Posted by gravitywell View Post
$1300, not including the air compressor that's required. Kind of steep, when you consider anti rocks are over 50% cheaper.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Which is why Ive been wanting to see other people review it not me :P
gobi_rubi is offline   Quote
Old 01-25-2020, 06:12 PM   #19
Bella's Jeeper

5-Year WF Supporting Member
 
ExPatWillys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Boise, ID
Posts: 1,217
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Sanders View Post
Are you talking about the stock SB? That's designed to work with stock springs. Put heavier springs on and it becomes a whole different ball game.


I have a TF 3" sport lift with Falcon 3.3 shock set at 2.5.... pretty stiff springs with a stiff shock setup.
As a result I've been running with no sway bars at all for the last 2 years. The stock rubi sway bar plus the sport springs was just too heavy for any kind of smooth ride.


The springs are getting pretty worked in now though and I'm starting to notice more roll than when the springs were new. I think I will go the antirock route.
No, I was talking about the Antirock.
Bob Sanders likes this.
__________________
Bella (a.k.a. Baby Blue) - 2015 JK Willys Wheeler, Hydro Blue
A Brief History of Bella
Snow Angel - 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo, Deep Cherry Red
--- For list of mods see profile in Garage ---
ExPatWillys is offline   Quote
Old 01-26-2020, 03:40 PM   #20
Supporting Member

5-Year WF Supporting Member
 
cdeslandes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: CT & VT
Posts: 3,526
Quote:
Originally Posted by deepbluerubi View Post
That G2 setup looks nice. I like the load adjust ability and the statement it acts stock on road, which the anti rock says doesn't have the same level of performance on road. Not bad $ considering a Rubicon retrofit setup cost.
One option is a non functioning Rubicon sway bar, and make it pneumatic with the EVO kits.
__________________
2014 JK Unlimited Rubicon, Copperhead Pearl, minivan engine, 6 speed, 4.88, Rock Krawler X-Factor 2.5" lift, Falcon shocks, 35" Dick Cepek M/T
My build: Copper Rubi build

2010 BMW Z4 35i - toy
2016 Volvo XC90 - dogmobile
cdeslandes is offline   Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 07:39 PM
Thread Starter
  #21
Supporting Member

5-Year WF Supporting Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: USA
Posts: 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdeslandes View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by deepbluerubi View Post
That G2 setup looks nice. I like the load adjust ability and the statement it acts stock on road, which the anti rock says doesn't have the same level of performance on road. Not bad $ considering a Rubicon retrofit setup cost.
One option is a non functioning Rubicon sway bar, and make it pneumatic with the EVO kits.
This one?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20200127-152745_1580171944179.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	111.4 KB
ID:	4198653  
TankJK45 is offline   Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 07:56 PM   #22
Supporting Member

5-Year WF Supporting Member
 
cdeslandes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: CT & VT
Posts: 3,526
Quote:
Originally Posted by TankJK45 View Post
This one?
Yes
__________________
2014 JK Unlimited Rubicon, Copperhead Pearl, minivan engine, 6 speed, 4.88, Rock Krawler X-Factor 2.5" lift, Falcon shocks, 35" Dick Cepek M/T
My build: Copper Rubi build

2010 BMW Z4 35i - toy
2016 Volvo XC90 - dogmobile
cdeslandes is offline   Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 08:15 PM   #23
Jeeper
 
IndyRubicon17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 1,119
That's half the cost of an anti rock...not including the cost of the Rubi bar....
IndyRubicon17 is offline   Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 08:28 PM   #24
Jeeper
 
Bob Sanders's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Winnipeg, Canada
Posts: 4,468
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyRubicon17 View Post
That's half the cost of an anti rock...not including the cost of the Rubi bar....

Plus the price of the compressor.
Bob Sanders is offline   Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 10:14 PM
Thread Starter
  #25
Supporting Member

5-Year WF Supporting Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: USA
Posts: 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyRubicon17 View Post
That's half the cost of an anti rock...not including the cost of the Rubi bar....
When we say rubi bar obviously we mean the electronic disconnect right? I have the rubicon if so.
TankJK45 is offline   Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 10:15 PM
Thread Starter
  #26
Supporting Member

5-Year WF Supporting Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: USA
Posts: 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Sanders View Post
Plus the price of the compressor.
I assume the arb twin compressor can be hooked up? I have one onboard.
TankJK45 is offline   Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 10:16 PM
Thread Starter
  #27
Supporting Member

5-Year WF Supporting Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: USA
Posts: 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdeslandes View Post
Yes
Do you have this unit?
TankJK45 is offline   Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 10:23 PM   #28
Jeeper
 
IndyRubicon17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 1,119
Quote:
Originally Posted by TankJK45 View Post
When we say rubi bar obviously we mean the electronic disconnect right? I have the rubicon if so.
Ah....Roger that...
IndyRubicon17 is offline   Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 10:34 PM
Thread Starter
  #29
Supporting Member

5-Year WF Supporting Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: USA
Posts: 202
[QUOTE=IndyRubicon17;34679289]Ah....Roger that...[
HAhahaha, your a fuc*ing smart ass!
TankJK45 is offline   Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 10:38 PM   #30
Jeeper
 
IndyRubicon17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 1,119
[quote=TankJK45;34679299]
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyRubicon17 View Post
Ah....Roger that...[
HAhahaha, your a fuc*ing smart ass!
Lol what? I was simply acknowledging you already had a Rubi so you didn't need to buy the bar...lol...

IndyRubicon17 is offline   Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off






All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:08 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Jeepģ, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, Gladiator, Mopar and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to FCA US LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with FCA US LLC.