Jl 3.6 vs jk 3.6 - Page 2 - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK General Discussion Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Like Tree25Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 07-12-2019, 06:37 PM   #31
Jeeper
 
WillB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Innisfil, Ontario
Posts: 312
Send a message via Skype™ to WillB
Hopefully the Pentastar EGR cooler does not require regular cleanings like th Cummins does.

Wrangleur likes this.
__________________


2016 JKU Sahara - Hydro Blue Pearl Coat.
Ion Alloy Wheels wrapped with 275 65 18 Duratracs.
Factory 7 spoke - 255 70 18.
WillB is online now   Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 06:40 PM   #32
Moderator

WF Supporting Member
::WF Moderator::
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 7,049
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchman01 View Post
But lighter and with fewer parts. Iím guessing a better engine overall.
That you'll know in a for certain in a few more years.

__________________
1988 E-150 4.9L 5 Speed Stick
2008 Jeep Liberty Auto Trans
2016 JK Rubicon Hard Rock Auto Trans

God Bless Our Troops
demarpaint is online now   Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 07:32 PM   #33
Jeeper
 
Lemotan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: California
Posts: 462
Quote:
Originally Posted by RhinoSportJKU View Post
Didn't realize it was that big of a delta. So how is the condensation being dealt with, which would have to occur with that big of a delta T? I would think possibly the NOX and condensate might produce some Nitric acid???? If so, that could be very bad.
Temp numbers are from their "advertising" article exhaust gases can be hotter than 1200f (up to 1500) therefore or delta higher or hotter gasses entering intake. IDK about acid but on diesel trucks those cooled egrs are known for all sort of "coolant going into cylinders" issues, and diesel exhaust gases have roughly 1/3 lower temperatures than gasoline engines.
The way it is mounted on Pentastar is also somehow unusual, in the past EGRs where mounted right before the intake valves and all the crap was washed away by gas from the injector.
On pentastar EGR hose goes to intake manifold which means carbon from EGR will be everywhere I the intake manifold. Add oil from PCV, and "condensation" potentially acidic - what can go wrong?
invariant likes this.
Lemotan is online now   Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 07-12-2019, 07:33 PM   #34
Jeeper
 
nighowl2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Ottawa canada
Posts: 1,955
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillB View Post
Hopefully the Pentastar EGR cooler does not require regular cleanings like th Cummins does.
or failure... ug had to work on the father inlaws 2010 dodge ram 3500 cummins. his was so bad that the EGR valve cooling system was leaking coolant into the exhaust system. He was wondering why it was overheating. (3500cdn$ to replace) Rad was empty. Ended up putting straight water in the rad and called it a day. Worked fine while i was there in BC for the month LOL.
WillB likes this.
__________________
2014 jku sport S dual top, auto 3.73, max tow package
Mod's - jwm4x4.com grill insert,25" eyourlife LED bar, daystar switch pod fortin remote start,rugged ridge head liners, rubicon express transmission skid plate, smittybilt 76634 SRC Side Armor
nighowl2000 is offline   Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 07:34 PM   #35
Supporting Member

5-Year WF Supporting Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 1,259
FCA doesn’t want to sell the 3.6 JL anymore, for 2020 the 2.0 is now the standard engine (w/ auto trans). It’s all about CAFE
__________________
Current: 2017 JKUR

Gone: 1998 Sport, 1987 YJ, 2000 Sport, 1997 SE
SecondTJ is offline   Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 07:36 PM   #36
Jeeper
 
WillB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Innisfil, Ontario
Posts: 312
Send a message via Skype™ to WillB
Quote:
Originally Posted by nighowl2000 View Post
or failure... ug had to work on the father inlaws 2010 dodge ram 3500 cummins. his was so bad that the EGR valve cooling system was leaking coolant into the exhaust system. He was wondering why it was overheating. (3500cdn$ to replace) Rad was empty. Ended up putting straight water in the rad and called it a day. Worked fine while i was there in BC for the month LOL.
Thats my reason for avoiding a Cummins, or any new diesrl for that matter.
__________________


2016 JKU Sahara - Hydro Blue Pearl Coat.
Ion Alloy Wheels wrapped with 275 65 18 Duratracs.
Factory 7 spoke - 255 70 18.
WillB is online now   Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 07:40 PM   #37
Jeeper
 
WillB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Innisfil, Ontario
Posts: 312
Send a message via Skype™ to WillB
Quote:
Originally Posted by SecondTJ View Post
FCA doesn’t want to sell the 3.6 JL anymore, for 2020 the 2.0 is now the standard engine (w/ auto trans). It’s all about CAFE
The 3.6 is not going away, nothing wrong with GTDI engines. This is a far easier way of meeting CAFE vs putting that POS MDS system (I traded my 17 Ram Hemi for the JKU) on everything. FCA looks to be following the path that Ford took with the eco boosts.

They are working on a Turbo Gas I-6 for the Rams.

Id have no issue with a 2.0 JL next time.
__________________


2016 JKU Sahara - Hydro Blue Pearl Coat.
Ion Alloy Wheels wrapped with 275 65 18 Duratracs.
Factory 7 spoke - 255 70 18.
WillB is online now   Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 07:58 PM   #38
Jeeper
 
Lemotan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: California
Posts: 462
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillB View Post
The 3.6 is not going away, nothing wrong with GTDI engines. This is a far easier way of meeting CAFE vs putting that POS MDS system on everything. FCA looks to be following the path that Ford took with the eco boosts.

They are working on a Turbo Gas I-6 for the Rams.

Id have no issue with a 2.0 JL next time.
Im also thinking of 2.0 TGDI I commute 99% of the time,
For offloading GDI isn't a desirable choice it requires clean air/gas so no "cold intakes or driving in extremely dusty environments, no gas from gas-station in the middle of nowhere etc.
Turbo means synthetic oil and premium gas.
GDI Injectors and fuel pumps are expensive, high pressure fuel pump can be damaged by impurities in gasoline which any other MPI engine will consume without consiquiences .
One tank of bad gas (with impurities) and pump can be damaged and need replacement.
Its a good engine but sort of "sensitive" in good hands will probably outlast pentastar.
Lemotan is online now   Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 08:12 PM   #39
Jeeper
 
WillB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Innisfil, Ontario
Posts: 312
Send a message via Skype™ to WillB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemotan View Post
Im also thinking of 2.0 TGDI I commute 99% of the time,
For offloading GDI isn't a desirable choice it requires clean air/gas so no "cold intakes or driving in extremely dusty environments, no gas from gas-station in the middle of nowhere etc.
Turbo means synthetic oil and premium gas.
GDI Injectors and fuel pumps are expensive, high pressure fuel pump can be damaged by impurities in gasoline which any other MPI engine will consume without consiquiences .
One tank of bad gas (with impurities) and pump can be damaged and need replacement.
Its a good engine but sort of "sensitive" in good hands will probably outlast pentastar.
The ecoboosts run on regular gas, are found under the hood of the raptor, and many like myself only run synthetic oil anyway.

But i wonder if they will go dual injection like Ford has?
__________________


2016 JKU Sahara - Hydro Blue Pearl Coat.
Ion Alloy Wheels wrapped with 275 65 18 Duratracs.
Factory 7 spoke - 255 70 18.
WillB is online now   Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 08:23 PM   #40
Jeeper
 
nighowl2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Ottawa canada
Posts: 1,955
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillB View Post
Thats my reason for avoiding a Cummins, or any new diesrl for that matter.
new ones use that DEF fluid crap. we had that on our chevy pickup rental. Nothing like racing to canadian tire at 4:40pm (closes at 5pm) on a sunday afternoon cause if you run out it disables the truck engine
__________________
2014 jku sport S dual top, auto 3.73, max tow package
Mod's - jwm4x4.com grill insert,25" eyourlife LED bar, daystar switch pod fortin remote start,rugged ridge head liners, rubicon express transmission skid plate, smittybilt 76634 SRC Side Armor
nighowl2000 is offline   Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 08:42 PM   #41
Jeeper
 
WillB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Innisfil, Ontario
Posts: 312
Send a message via Skype™ to WillB
Quote:
Originally Posted by nighowl2000 View Post
new ones use that DEF fluid crap. we had that on our chevy pickup rental. Nothing like racing to canadian tire at 4:40pm (closes at 5pm) on a sunday afternoon cause if you run out it disables the truck engine
DEF is an after treatment, im ok with that. Cummins is working on EGR free engines - id buy one in a heartbeat... in a wrangler.
__________________


2016 JKU Sahara - Hydro Blue Pearl Coat.
Ion Alloy Wheels wrapped with 275 65 18 Duratracs.
Factory 7 spoke - 255 70 18.
WillB is online now   Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 09:05 PM   #42
Jeeper
 
Lemotan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: California
Posts: 462
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillB View Post
The ecoboosts run on regular gas, are found under the hood of the raptor, and many like myself only run synthetic oil anyway.

But i wonder if they will go dual injection like Ford has?
GDI doesn't require high octane, moreover isn't sensitive to octane rating at all, it requires "mechanically clean" gas.
Turbo with GDI can run on regular but premium is recommended.
I wouldn't run a small turbo on "regular" it makes no sense.
Dual injectors are "best of both worlds" Toyota use it also.
Lemotan is online now   Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 09:37 PM   #43
Jeeper
 
WillB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Innisfil, Ontario
Posts: 312
Send a message via Skype™ to WillB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemotan View Post
GDI doesn't require high octane, moreover isn't sensitive to octane rating at all, it requires "mechanically clean" gas.
Turbo with GDI can run on regular but premium is recommended.
I wouldn't run a small turbo on "regular" it makes no sense.
Dual injectors are "best of both worlds" Toyota use it also.
If the manufacturer (like ford - 2.7 EB calls for 87) specs 87 octane, then run 87 octane. Running higher octane is a waste of money.
Lemotan likes this.
__________________


2016 JKU Sahara - Hydro Blue Pearl Coat.
Ion Alloy Wheels wrapped with 275 65 18 Duratracs.
Factory 7 spoke - 255 70 18.
WillB is online now   Quote
Old 07-13-2019, 01:01 AM   #44
Jeeper
 
YnotAJeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: La Verne, Calif.
Posts: 3,143
My 14 Ram 2500 6.7 cummins is a solid engine. The truck, all 8000 pounds will run off and leave my JK. The EGR has no maintenance and the DEF has had no problems. Just finished a 2800 mile towing my 8000 pound travel trailer, no issues and added DEF twice, no big deal. Except for off road ability, my Ram kicks my JKUR's butt in every way. It's faster, quieter, smoother, with a much better interior. When not towing it has a range of almost 600 miles, maybe more. The radiator does not leak and the oil cooler will not crack.
WillB likes this.
__________________
2014 JKUR, Leather and everything inside, 4 inch OME springs, all Alpine arms, Adams front driveshaft, Falcon 2.1's, Adj track bars front and rear, heavy bumpers and winch, ICON rims and 315-70-17 BFG KO2's, ARB diff covers, ProComp LED's, 2 Bernese Mtn dogs.
Previously 2001 XJ lifted 5, SYE, True-tracks F & R.
CJ7, 304V8, auto, loaded, Detroit rear, and more.
90 Bronco,, 76 Bronco,, 70 Bronco
YnotAJeep is offline   Quote
Old 07-13-2019, 01:52 PM   #45
Supporting Member

5-Year WF Supporting Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 1,259
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillB View Post
The 3.6 is not going away, nothing wrong with GTDI engines. This is a far easier way of meeting CAFE vs putting that POS MDS system (I traded my 17 Ram Hemi for the JKU) on everything. FCA looks to be following the path that Ford took with the eco boosts.

They are working on a Turbo Gas I-6 for the Rams.

Id have no issue with a 2.0 JL next time.
Yep, the 3.6 will be around for a long, long time as FCA doesnít invest in new powertrains. They inherited the 3.6/5.7 from Chrysler. The 5.7 came out in 2003, and was refreshed in 2009. While the 3.6 introduced in 2011 and refreshed for 2016. Iíd expect another 10 years from the 3.6.

The turbo I-6 that is rumored to replace the iron block 5.7 and debut in the Grand Wagoneer is still yet to be seen. Which is clearly another CAFE move instead of just making a fresh aluminum V8
__________________
Current: 2017 JKUR

Gone: 1998 Sport, 1987 YJ, 2000 Sport, 1997 SE
SecondTJ is offline   Quote
Old 07-13-2019, 02:45 PM   #46
Jeeper
 
WillB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Innisfil, Ontario
Posts: 312
Send a message via Skype™ to WillB
Quote:
Originally Posted by YnotAJeep View Post
My 14 Ram 2500 6.7 cummins is a solid engine. The truck, all 8000 pounds will run off and leave my JK. The EGR has no maintenance and the DEF has had no problems. Just finished a 2800 mile towing my 8000 pound travel trailer, no issues and added DEF twice, no big deal. Except for off road ability, my Ram kicks my JKUR's butt in every way. It's faster, quieter, smoother, with a much better interior. When not towing it has a range of almost 600 miles, maybe more. The radiator does not leak and the oil cooler will not crack.
The EGR will require a cleaning IF you useyour truck as a grocery getter. But it sounds like you give yours a regular workout.

If I was in the market for a truck again, Cummins would be my engine of choice.

__________________


2016 JKU Sahara - Hydro Blue Pearl Coat.
Ion Alloy Wheels wrapped with 275 65 18 Duratracs.
Factory 7 spoke - 255 70 18.
WillB is online now   Quote
Old 07-13-2019, 08:17 PM   #47
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Toronto, ON
Posts: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemotan View Post
1989 E30 M20 325 same instructions.
I do "Italian tune up" on all my vehicles since then.
I learned at a young age that an Italian tune up was putting only gasoline in a two stroke engine. I remember my friend's father asking how much oil we mixed into the gasoline. Blank stare. He said Italian tune up.

But this definition makes much more sense to me.
Jeeper416 is offline   Quote
Old 07-13-2019, 09:17 PM   #48
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 743
Quote:
Originally Posted by YnotAJeep View Post
My 14 Ram 2500 6.7 cummins is a solid engine. The truck, all 8000 pounds will run off and leave my JK. The EGR has no maintenance and the DEF has had no problems. Just finished a 2800 mile towing my 8000 pound travel trailer, no issues and added DEF twice, no big deal. Except for off road ability, my Ram kicks my JKUR's butt in every way. It's faster, quieter, smoother, with a much better interior. When not towing it has a range of almost 600 miles, maybe more. The radiator does not leak and the oil cooler will not crack.
...has not YET !!!

...and here you are on the WranglerForum, repeatedly spreading your worries and anxiety about your Wrangler's oil cooler housing or your radiator.
WillB likes this.
Wrangleur is offline   Quote
Old 07-13-2019, 09:29 PM   #49
Jeeper
 
Lemotan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: California
Posts: 462
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeper416 View Post
I learned at a young age that an Italian tune up was putting only gasoline in a two stroke engine. I remember my friend's father asking how much oil we mixed into the gasoline. Blank stare. He said Italian tune up.

But this definition makes much more sense to me.
I doubt is a good idea to run 2 stroke without oil.
"Italian tune up" refers to high rpm driving.
Maybe some vespa 2 stroke owners where running straight gas to get rid of carbon and call it the same way.
Lemotan is online now   Quote
Old 07-13-2019, 09:35 PM   #50
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 743
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemotan View Post
Maybe some vespa 2 stroke owners where running straight gas to get rid of carbon and call it the same way.
Some 2-strokes have separate oil and gas tanks and pull metered oil with the gas into the intake. But I don't know if Vespa has ever done it that way.
Wrangleur is offline   Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 01:12 PM   #51
Supporting Member

5-Year WF Supporting Member
 
cdeslandes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: CT & VT
Posts: 2,949
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemotan View Post
1989 E30 M20 325 same instructions.
I do "Italian tune up" on all my vehicles since then.
I remember back in high school, a friend of mine borrowed his mother’s car - she was my English teacher and drove that car like an old lady, and only in town.
At first we couldn’t get the car to go beyond about 55 mph! I don’t even think she had ever gone that fast.
After about 10 miles at high revs it opened up and we could reach 80 without problem.
__________________
2014 JK Unlimited Rubicon, Copperhead Pearl, minivan engine, 6 speed, Rock Krawler X-Factor 2.5" lift, Falcon shocks, 35" Dick Cepek M/T
My build: Copper Rubi build

Other rides: 2010 BMW Z4 35i, 2016 Volvo XC90
cdeslandes is online now   Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 02:00 PM   #52
Jeeper
 
Lemotan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: California
Posts: 462
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdeslandes View Post
I remember back in high school, a friend of mine borrowed his mother’s car - she was my English teacher and drove that car like an old lady, and only in town.
At first we couldn’t get the car to go beyond about 55 mph! I don’t even think she had ever gone that fast.
After about 10 miles at high revs it opened up and we could reach 80 without problem.
Engines somehow remember "low rpm" driving and stay in that low band, and vice versa if driven often up to the limiter are "peppier".
Probably this is not only "carbon" related but also PCM/ECM memory
JTPhoto JK likes this.
Lemotan is online now   Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 02:35 PM   #53
Jeeper
 
JTPhoto JK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Thunder Bay ON Canada
Posts: 4,485
All automotive computers are adaptive and will be sluggish if you drive it that way. Removing battery cables and discharging the system or stomping on the gas on the highway once in a while will solve that issue.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
Jeff _(OIIIO)_

2018 Rhino Rubicon 35s for now.

08 Black and Khaki JK Sahara Unlimited (GONE) My BRUTUS BUILD
JTPhoto JK is offline   Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 02:41 PM   #54
Jeeper
 
YnotAJeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: La Verne, Calif.
Posts: 3,143
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillB View Post
The EGR will require a cleaning IF you useyour truck as a grocery getter. But it sounds like you give yours a regular workout.

If I was in the market for a truck again, Cummins would be my engine of choice.

https://youtu.be/kGotr1QMwCA

The 2014 Cummins 6.7 does not require EGR cooler cleaning due to DEF cutting the use of the EGR way down from previous years.
__________________
2014 JKUR, Leather and everything inside, 4 inch OME springs, all Alpine arms, Adams front driveshaft, Falcon 2.1's, Adj track bars front and rear, heavy bumpers and winch, ICON rims and 315-70-17 BFG KO2's, ARB diff covers, ProComp LED's, 2 Bernese Mtn dogs.
Previously 2001 XJ lifted 5, SYE, True-tracks F & R.
CJ7, 304V8, auto, loaded, Detroit rear, and more.
90 Bronco,, 76 Bronco,, 70 Bronco
YnotAJeep is offline   Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 08:23 PM   #55
Supporting Member

5-Year WF Supporting Member
 
cdeslandes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: CT & VT
Posts: 2,949
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemotan View Post
Engines somehow remember "low rpm" driving and stay in that low band, and vice versa if driven often up to the limiter are "peppier".
Probably this is not only "carbon" related but also PCM/ECM memory
No ECM back in 1982! You were lucky if you had electronic ignition.
__________________
2014 JK Unlimited Rubicon, Copperhead Pearl, minivan engine, 6 speed, Rock Krawler X-Factor 2.5" lift, Falcon shocks, 35" Dick Cepek M/T
My build: Copper Rubi build

Other rides: 2010 BMW Z4 35i, 2016 Volvo XC90
cdeslandes is online now   Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 10:45 PM   #56
Jeeper
 
Lemotan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: California
Posts: 462
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdeslandes View Post
No ECM back in 1982! You were lucky if you had electronic ignition.
Was referring the modern cars in general.
Mine 1989 had distributor cap with wires, drive by wire throttle maybe some rudimental ECM for injectors and idle valve control IDK.
It had also some sort of Air intake meter.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	24774782_10203966040029013_4631799906411803879_n.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	41.1 KB
ID:	4164005  
Lemotan is online now   Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 08:20 AM   #57
Jeeper
 
WillB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Innisfil, Ontario
Posts: 312
Send a message via Skype™ to WillB
Quote:
Originally Posted by YnotAJeep View Post
The 2014 Cummins 6.7 does not require EGR cooler cleaning due to DEF cutting the use of the EGR way down from previous years.
They ran Def on the 2011- present 3500 C&C, then it made its way to trucks for MY13.

Egr cooler issues still exist.
__________________


2016 JKU Sahara - Hydro Blue Pearl Coat.
Ion Alloy Wheels wrapped with 275 65 18 Duratracs.
Factory 7 spoke - 255 70 18.
WillB is online now   Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 09:42 AM   #58
Jeeper
 
YnotAJeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: La Verne, Calif.
Posts: 3,143
If they ever put a diesel in the Wrangler, it will have DEF along with a long list of other smog devices. It's my understanding that if a diesel goes into limp mode it takes a trip to the dealer to get it out. Fun times.
Lemotan likes this.
__________________
2014 JKUR, Leather and everything inside, 4 inch OME springs, all Alpine arms, Adams front driveshaft, Falcon 2.1's, Adj track bars front and rear, heavy bumpers and winch, ICON rims and 315-70-17 BFG KO2's, ARB diff covers, ProComp LED's, 2 Bernese Mtn dogs.
Previously 2001 XJ lifted 5, SYE, True-tracks F & R.
CJ7, 304V8, auto, loaded, Detroit rear, and more.
90 Bronco,, 76 Bronco,, 70 Bronco
YnotAJeep is offline   Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 09:46 AM   #59
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 743
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdeslandes View Post
No ECM back in 1982! You were lucky if you had electronic ignition.
Not wanting to split hairs here, but Cadillac already had HEI ignition and TBI fuel injection in 1980. I had one (1982) and YES, it had not only an ECM, but OBDI too. It could even display diagnostic codes via the digital display panel of the air conditioning. The 6.0 Cadillac engine even had variable displacement in those years, however for a short time only due to problems.
TBI fuel injection took off very quickly. I still prefer it for it's simplicity and ease of repair.
Wrangleur is offline   Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 03:13 PM   #60
Jeeper
 
Lemotan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: California
Posts: 462
Quote:
Originally Posted by YnotAJeep View Post
If they ever put a diesel in the Wrangler, it will have DEF along with a long list of other smog devices. It's my understanding that if a diesel goes into limp mode it takes a trip to the dealer to get it out. Fun times.
Diesel in small aplications doesn't make sense this days, with all DPF, EGR issues, regen, higher oil temp. IDK why, when ppl talk about diesel they still imagine the good old strait six with mechanical pump no turbo and 2cyl gas engine as a starter.
YnotAJeep and Wrangleur like this.

Lemotan is online now   Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off






All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:07 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Jeepģ, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC