Started putting together my platform this past weekend. Really excited how it's all coming together. The front of the platform doesn't look level...that's because I don't have all the columns in yet. It will be though.
Pics here... Platform - Album on Imgur
I was originally going to have the platform cover the entire back area but I didn't want to drill any holes into the rear. Come to find out that the plywood I used and the rear carpet/storage bin are almost the same level.
There is a little gap in between the two but I plan on filling that with padding and carpet. When all is said and done it will be darn near flat.
I used 3/4" Plywood (the good stuff..not the cheap stuff) and utilized the existing seat bolts to secure everything. Pics speak for themselves.
I used a 4x4 for the columns.
Since the plywood sits on the ridges found in the cargo area I did have to use a few washers to level everything for the top four hex bolts that originally held down the backside of the rear seat. I countersunk those ones so they are flush with the plywood.
The wood is curing with the water sealant.
Next weekend I will re-install the factory carpet (cut to fit of course) and then glue thin carpet from home depot on the plywood.
Should look damn near stock.