Why are people jerks? - Page 3 - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK General Discussion Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 07-13-2015, 12:20 PM   #61
Jeeper
 
deathdealer687's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Moses Lake, WA
Posts: 366
I was raised to treat every car as if it was worth more money than I could ever afford. My dad wanted me to respect cars. He would always say "You never know, that might be the nicest car they've ever had." That being said, I rode with my wife once before we got married and she pulled into a parking spot and threw her door open, denting the passenger door of this beat up old Camry. In the middle of me ripping her a new one, the owner of the Camry came out and caught me. It was a 16 year old kid who had just worked all summer and bought his first car. He told us not to worry about it but I insisted we give him her insurance information. I get back in the car and my wife (girlfriend at the time) is in tears. Not because I ripped her a new one, but because she felt bad about what she did. At that moment, she started respecting other peoples vehicles more. Now she pays attention more where she parks and watches when she opens doors. It saddens me that it took 25 years before she even thought that other people have pride in their cars.

__________________
The Juggernaut: 2008 JK X. The most fun I've ever had on 4 wheels.
deathdealer687 is offline   Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 12:33 PM   #62
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Lincoln, RI
Posts: 490
It sucks but that is just how some kids are. Sure, parenting may be an issue but for some they just act out because they think it is funny. Then most of them grow up and realize how dumb they were. Some grow up and continue to do it. When you are younger, sometimes you don't think about what you are doing. You may think it is only spit in a car. It may be funny to you and seem like you aren't hurting anything but you don't think about the other person having to clean it up. Sometimes it takes something happening to you (as a kid) to realize how not funny those things are.

A lot of it has to do with parenting. Either not teaching someone to respect others or just not being there at all. Though I do think even the best parented kid can act like an a$$hat sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathdealer687 View Post
I was raised to treat every car as if it was worth more money than I could ever afford. My dad wanted me to respect cars. He would always say "You never know, that might be the nicest car they've ever had." That being said, I rode with my wife once before we got married and she pulled into a parking spot and threw her door open, denting the passenger door of this beat up old Camry. In the middle of me ripping her a new one, the owner of the Camry came out and caught me. It was a 16 year old kid who had just worked all summer and bought his first car. He told us not to worry about it but I insisted we give him her insurance information. I get back in the car and my wife (girlfriend at the time) is in tears. Not because I ripped her a new one, but because she felt bad about what she did. At that moment, she started respecting other peoples vehicles more. Now she pays attention more where she parks and watches when she opens doors. It saddens me that it took 25 years before she even thought that other people have pride in their cars.
Glad everything worked out. Kind of goes along with what I said, sometimes you need something to happen to you to realize what you are doing is wrong. Your wife might have thought a small dent was no big deal (and most of the time it really isn't) but you still need to make good on what you did.

h22lude is offline   Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 02:11 PM   #63
Jeeper
 
Scythian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 605
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohioviper View Post
Shit like that would get you a good ass whooping around here.I had a guy slam his car door into my first nice car (87 Olds cutlass aero coupe) when I was about 22 and he didnt offer an apology just smarted off something and then me being young and full of piss and vinager proceded to cave his door in with my steel toe boot.He never said a word just got in and drove off.
I like the cut of your Jib son ... If a few more folks would do that maybe there'd be less jerks.
__________________
2007 Two Door Rubicon, Soft Top, 35" Atturo Trail Blade M/T's, 8,500lb Winch ...
Scythian is offline   Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 07-13-2015, 03:56 PM   #64
Jeeper
 
Scott2373's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Williamson, NY
Posts: 1,714
Got naked the other day and as I was driving, I noticed something rattling around the rear seat floor. Looked down to see a milkshake cup, empty thankfully, bouncing around in the wind. I secured it in my cup holder and tossed it into a trash can when I reached my destination. A couple days later another, identical one rolled out from under my passenger seat, also empty, thankfully. I'm sure this won't be the last time I find some other scumbag's trash in my Jeep...
__________________
2013 Sport in Commando Green [Traded for 2015 F150]
3.73 Gears, A/C, 6-Speed
/_|o[___]o
[I---L-OllllllO
-
()_)()_)=°°=)_)
MOLON LABE
Scott2373 is offline   Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 04:18 PM   #65
Jeeper
 
grizzstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Calgary, Alberta Canada
Posts: 844
My dad was a cop and a hot rodder. I was taught to respect other peoples property from a very young age. Unfortunately those lessons are rarely being taught anymore.

Roughly 30% of worlds population are assholes. The poor behavior I see of people around me every day confirms this. We can only hope the other 70% are doing their part to hold the assholes back.
__________________
2013 Jeep Wrangler Sahara - White with Black Hard Top - Auto Trans, LSD with 373's, Remote Start, Mopar Hood Lock with Grill Guard, GraBars, VDP Stubby Front Bumper, Daystar Leveling Kit and Griffin Steering Attenuator.
grizzstang is offline   Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 04:30 PM   #66
Newb
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 2
well sometimes people just spit a lot and are constantly spitting out the window and don't pay attention to where it goes flying..

its just spit though, no worse than the bugs hitting your jeep everyday..
__________________
justoffroad.org Light Bar Glare Shielding
justoffroad is offline   Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 10:19 AM   #67
Jeeper
 
deathdealer687's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Moses Lake, WA
Posts: 366
Speaking of jerks, I think I might need to find a new dealership to take my Jeep to. I had some warranty work done on my Jeep and they had to keep it for a few days. During this time, they say they had the key locked up at all times it wasn't being worked on. When I picked up my Jeep yesterday, the glove box had been gone through and a few things were missing including my stereo face plate and a cheap digital camera, my clip on sunglasses were missing and the biggest one of all, my amplifier was missing. I personally didn't care for any of the stock stereos so I put my own in. Now the service manager and general manager are going to talk to their employees and "make things right." This majorly pisses me off.
__________________
The Juggernaut: 2008 JK X. The most fun I've ever had on 4 wheels.
deathdealer687 is offline   Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 01:49 PM   #68
Moderator

WF Lifetime Member
WF Supporting Member
::WF Moderator::
 
jadmt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: missoula
Posts: 21,443
Quote:
Originally Posted by justoffroad View Post
well sometimes people just spit a lot and are constantly spitting out the window and don't pay attention to where it goes flying..

its just spit though, no worse than the bugs hitting your jeep everyday..
far as I know bugs don't carry hepatitis or tb so to me it is a heck of a lot worse. I don't mind bugs I don't want to take the chance of some freaking tb infected wad of snot. fugging hep can live for days on a hot sidewalk it is hearty not a wimpy virus like HIV.
jadmt is offline   Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 02:08 PM   #69
Jeeper
 
Pedals2Paddles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: MoCo MD
Posts: 1,113
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreadedsoldier View Post
I work my ass off so I can have this vehicle. Why don't people get that?
Chances are a good portion of the taxes on your hard work pays for the lifestyle of the person who spit on it.
__________________
2017 Unlimited Sport-S
As Delivered: LED Lighting Package, Dual Top, Uconnect, SiriusXM, & Slush Mats
Complete: 33s,
LOD rock slider steps, Teraflex Boost Leveling, Remote Start, custom OTRATTW switch panel, lights everywhere
In progress: Rock hard skid plates, winch on OEM bumper
Retired: 2014 JK Sport
Pedals2Paddles is offline   Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 03:00 PM   #70
Jeeper
 
WatchThis!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: East Texas
Posts: 5,616
Quote:
Originally Posted by jadmt View Post

far as I know bugs don't carry hepatitis or tb so to me it is a heck of a lot worse. I don't mind bugs I don't want to take the chance of some freaking tb infected wad of snot. fugging hep can live for days on a hot sidewalk it is hearty not a wimpy virus like HIV.
Just don't lick it, use it as lube or rub any oppen herpes sores on it. Problem solved.
__________________
I'm here to participate. I didnt come all this way just to watch.

My jeep's thread https://www.wranglerforum.com/f33/che...st-111461.html
WatchThis! is offline   Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 03:16 PM   #71
Moderator

WF Lifetime Member
WF Supporting Member
::WF Moderator::
 
jadmt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: missoula
Posts: 21,443
Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchThis! View Post
Just don't lick it, use it as lube or rub any oppen herpes sores on it. Problem solved.
More worried about 3 or 4 yoa children that don't know any better and stick their fingers in it. Still done want some freaking disease infested snot ball on my stuff.
jadmt is offline   Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 04:11 PM   #72
Jeeper
 
Strokerswild's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: MN
Posts: 1,663
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohioviper View Post
Shit like that would get you a good ass whooping around here.I had a guy slam his car door into my first nice car (87 Olds cutlass aero coupe) when I was about 22 and he didnt offer an apology just smarted off something and then me being young and full of piss and vinager proceded to cave his door in with my steel toe boot.He never said a word just got in and drove off.
Heh. Reminds me of a similar tale from my college days, 20+ years ago....

I had parked my Mustang out in the nether regions of a K-mart store lot, and upon exiting the store I noticed that some jerk in a van had pulled in next to me and watched from a distance as they flung their door into mine. Nooooo! By the time I got there the perp had vanished into another store in the strip mall, and all I could do was admire my new door ding. Thinking quickly, and using materials I just bought, I coated a toothpick with super glue and crammed it into each door lock, snapping off the excess that stuck out. I would have loved to have stuck around to watch the fun, but had other things to do. Plus I have a good imagination.

Karma's a bitch, especially if I catch you.
__________________
Gone but not forgotten:
'98 TJ SE - '99 TJ Sahara - '12 JK Arctic - '13 JK Sahara

'19 Ford F-150 RCSB 4X4
Strokerswild is offline   Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 04:18 PM   #73
Jeeper
 
SuperTJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Waleska GA
Posts: 5,020
People use to treat my truck as their personal trash can. My first car was parked at my parents and the windows were down and someone through a full coke can in the window, it went everywhere.
Pissed me off but never caught the person. A lot of AHOLES in this world.
__________________
2014 JKU Sport, 35X12.50R20 Falkens AT, Moto Metal Wheels, Tailgate Table, Grabars, Grab handles, Trek Top, Grill Inserts, Barricade bumper with LEDs, Rear Barricade Bumper, Rugged Ridge Winch
2004 TJ Sold, 2010 JKU (2wd Yep 2wd) Sold, 2006 LJ Sold, 2015 JK Sahara Traded 2016 Ram 1500 Quad Cab 4wd Big Horn.
SuperTJ is offline   Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 04:23 PM   #74
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: SoCal.
Posts: 1,216
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreadedsoldier View Post
So usually when something like this happens to someone I know, I always assume well you must have pissed someone off, or your a shitty driver. Today I had my jeep parked on the street around my neighborhood and someone spit a giant snot wad on my window. Did I do something wrong? Beats me. Just don't understand why people are such dicks. I work my ass off so I can have this vehicle. Why don't people get that?
Sounds like you have some ELF types in your neighborhood. They hate 4X4s and big trucks.
Hivedr is offline   Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 04:47 PM   #75
Jeeper
 
Hedsic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Des Moines, Iowa
Posts: 339
Last summer in my other Jeep (Liberty) someone threw a meatball sub and a subway cup of pop all over my windshield/hood.

It wasn't hard to clean up or anything, but it sucks knowing people are that disrespectful.
Hedsic is offline   Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 07:02 PM   #76
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 575
You can blame most of the bad thing that happen to good people on too many people with no respect for anything or anyone,and idiots and low lifes that have bred and it goes on and on. Many of these people get away with it -because if you beat their ass-you go to jail-or get sued-...wait for it......our legal system that allows THEM to sue you if you retaliate, regardless if the person tearing your stuff up deserves it or not. They take the case and will get money from them OR you-(which usually is you because you have enough money to afford a better vechicle than the scum that messed yours up).
kawzak is offline   Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 07:08 PM   #77
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 575
Taking warning labels off everything may thin out the gene pool of these same no-gooders.
kawzak is offline   Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 08:52 PM   #78
Jeeper
 
Max Sartin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Posts: 371
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strokerswild View Post
Heh. Reminds me of a similar tale from my college days, 20+ years ago....

I had parked my Mustang out in the nether regions of a K-mart store lot, and upon exiting the store I noticed that some jerk in a van had pulled in next to me and watched from a distance as they flung their door into mine. Nooooo! By the time I got there the perp had vanished into another store in the strip mall, and all I could do was admire my new door ding. Thinking quickly, and using materials I just bought, I coated a toothpick with super glue and crammed it into each door lock, snapping off the excess that stuck out. I would have loved to have stuck around to watch the fun, but had other things to do. Plus I have a good imagination.

Karma's a bitch, especially if I catch you.
So THAT'S what happened to my van. For 20 years I've been wondering why I couldn't unlock the dang thing.

Just kidding. I think I'll add some super glue and toothpicks to my emergency pack.
__________________
2014 JK Sport
Manual Transmission
Air & Hardtop only options
IIIIIII
Max Sartin is offline   Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 04:16 PM   #79
Jeeper
 
Strokerswild's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: MN
Posts: 1,663
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Sartin View Post
So THAT'S what happened to my van. For 20 years I've been wondering why I couldn't unlock the dang thing.

Just kidding. I think I'll add some super glue and toothpicks to my emergency pack.


Of course, these days keyless entry is the rage, so it's not nearly as fun of a solution to assholery.....

__________________
Gone but not forgotten:
'98 TJ SE - '99 TJ Sahara - '12 JK Arctic - '13 JK Sahara

'19 Ford F-150 RCSB 4X4
Strokerswild is offline   Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off






All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:17 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, Gladiator, Mopar and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to FCA US LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with FCA US LLC.