Yeti or TF Track Bar? - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK General Discussion Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Like Tree30Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 04-13-2018, 08:23 AM
Thread Starter
  #1
Jeeper
 
ChemE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 365
Yeti or TF Track Bar?

I have a Mopar 2 inch lift and Rancho brackets I am installing on my 2018 2dr Willys and even though I am keeping the factory tires until they are done I am adding the track bar to go to bigger tires later. Any opinions on these two?

ChemE is offline   Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 08:34 AM   #2
Jeeper
 
IndyRubicon17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 778
Either one will be good....they are both beefy products....

IndyRubicon17 is online now   Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 09:36 AM   #3
Jeeper
 
slomaro3.4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Ann Arbor
Posts: 1,058
Yeti.
__________________
2016 JKUR: The mod list got too long,
it's green tho
Check out my build!
slomaro3.4 is offline   Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 04-13-2018, 11:03 AM
Thread Starter
  #4
Jeeper
 
ChemE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 365
I do like the red color of the yeti.
ChemE is offline   Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 06:16 AM
Thread Starter
  #5
Jeeper
 
ChemE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 365
Went with the yeti mainly because the red part looked cool and they seemed virtually the same otherwise.
ChemE is offline   Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 09:32 AM   #6
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: ny
Posts: 1,678
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChemE View Post
Went with the yeti mainly because the red part looked cool and they seemed virtually the same otherwise.
You made a wise decision, and they are not the same, the Yeti is more robust, well finished, made here and thoroughly tested. Haven't seen one break yet either. Wait until you see the packaging too. Their tie rod made a big difference on mine also and I'm just running 33" tires. Really tightened up the steering on the highway. Enjoy it.
deepbluerubi is offline   Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 10:27 AM   #7
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: California
Posts: 586
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyRubicon17 View Post
Either one will be good....they are both beefy products....
The Yeti is American beef.
jeepers29 likes this.
that_dude is offline   Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 10:02 PM   #8
Jeeper
 
Bigrant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 89
I was trying to decide between the two. Think I like the yeti more as well. My question is do you need to reinforce stock brackets to install the yeti since it is so heavy?
meep jopar likes this.
Bigrant is offline   Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 02:42 PM   #9
Jeeper
 
meep jopar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Dustbin, USA
Posts: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigrant View Post
I was trying to decide between the two. Think I like the yeti more as well. My question is do you need to reinforce stock brackets to install the yeti since it is so heavy?

Also interested in answer to this!
meep jopar is online now   Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 03:28 PM   #10
Jeeper
 
jdinny's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: In the woods, on a mountain, in NY
Posts: 2,040
You do not need a track bar for a Mopar 2" lift.
But if I had to have one, I would go with the Yeti
__________________
'12 JK Gecko | AEV 2.5/wGCB's | 315 Cooper S/T MAXX | AEV Salta's | Enhanced Rubicon rails | Trektop NX | Soft Doors | JW Speaker tail lights | M/T S1 bumper | Smitty X20-10 Comp | Factor 55 | Tactik HD spare carrier | ACE Halfback bumper | 4.10's | e-lockers | e-disconnect

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
jdinny is offline   Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 03:34 PM   #11
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 462
I have been running the Yeti for a couple of years with no issues.



The guy I wheel with lost the rod end bearings on his similarly aged TF track bar. Our rigs are similarly built and our track bars were put on at about the same time. The only time he wheels, he's with me but I do a lot of overlanding without him; so his rig has seen less off road time than mine. Without a second thought he promptly replaced his TF with the Yeti.
HooliganActual is online now   Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 03:42 PM   #12
Supporting Member

5-Year WF Supporting Member
 
FLEX B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: East Coast, NJ - FL.
Posts: 553
I have the Yeti. It's hasn't been installed yet, but it is one impressive component as far as quality is concerned.

X2 w/jdinny. Spend your hard earned money else where... on the jeep ;^)
jdinny likes this.
__________________
Current rig: 2016 JK U R H R *Alter Ego* - Building
Previous: 2000 TJ *Bish* lost 4k after rollover/ 2001 XJ (parts Jeep and sold it for more then purchased) / 1997 TJ - Sold for more than I had in it /1994 YJ - kept it for 3 months - not my thing - broke even / 1987 XJ - bought it, fixed it and sold for more than I had in it / 1963 CJ - 1st Jeep - sold it for more than I had in it...
FLEX B is offline   Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 06:53 PM   #13
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: So Cal
Posts: 404
Yeti.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
FLEX B likes this.
__________________
2017 Rhino JKUR
loud0g40oz is offline   Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 06:41 AM   #14
Supporting Member

5-Year WF Supporting Member
 
jaysong's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Prior Lake
Posts: 937
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChemE View Post
I have a Mopar 2 inch lift and Rancho brackets I am installing on my 2018 2dr Willys and even though I am keeping the factory tires until they are done I am adding the track bar to go to bigger tires later. Any opinions on these two?
Why are you adding a diff track bar? I have a AEV 2.5 lift, 35's, Trussed D30 front, and welded C's/LCA skids. Would I gain anything from an aftermarket track bar?
jaysong is offline   Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 06:57 AM   #15
Jeeper
 
TheGrendel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 298
nvm
TheGrendel is offline   Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 12:21 PM   #16
Supporting Member

5-Year WF Supporting Member
 
jaysong's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Prior Lake
Posts: 937
At about 2:00 you can see them side by side. Ordered one today from northridge4x4.com

jaysong is offline   Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 12:34 PM   #17
Jeeper
 
jdinny's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: In the woods, on a mountain, in NY
Posts: 2,040
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysong View Post
Why are you adding a diff track bar? I have a AEV 2.5 lift, 35's, Trussed D30 front, and welded C's/LCA skids. Would I gain anything from an aftermarket track bar?
No, you would not
__________________
'12 JK Gecko | AEV 2.5/wGCB's | 315 Cooper S/T MAXX | AEV Salta's | Enhanced Rubicon rails | Trektop NX | Soft Doors | JW Speaker tail lights | M/T S1 bumper | Smitty X20-10 Comp | Factor 55 | Tactik HD spare carrier | ACE Halfback bumper | 4.10's | e-lockers | e-disconnect

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
jdinny is offline   Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 12:51 PM   #18
Supporting Member

5-Year WF Supporting Member
 
jaysong's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Prior Lake
Posts: 937
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdinny View Post
No, you would not
The other day I hit a rough part of the road (thanks to our MN winters) at about 50 mph and my front end began to violently shake. I believe my track bar bushing may be worn out. I opted to go with a this one vs an OEM replacement. May be overkill but I will install and post results. I am hoping this will resolve my issue.
jaysong is offline   Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 12:57 PM   #19
Jeeper
 
jdinny's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: In the woods, on a mountain, in NY
Posts: 2,040
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysong View Post
The other day I hit a rough part of the road (thanks to our MN winters) at about 50 mph and my front end began to violently shake. I believe my track bar bushing may be worn out. I opted to go with a this one vs an OEM replacement. May be overkill but I will install and post results. I am hoping this will resolve my issue.
Check the mounting holes that the track bar bolts to.
Make sure they are not egg shaped, also, make sure the bolts are tight.
JeepHerz and jaysong like this.
__________________
'12 JK Gecko | AEV 2.5/wGCB's | 315 Cooper S/T MAXX | AEV Salta's | Enhanced Rubicon rails | Trektop NX | Soft Doors | JW Speaker tail lights | M/T S1 bumper | Smitty X20-10 Comp | Factor 55 | Tactik HD spare carrier | ACE Halfback bumper | 4.10's | e-lockers | e-disconnect

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
jdinny is offline   Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 01:20 PM   #20
Supporting Member

5-Year WF Supporting Member
 
jaysong's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Prior Lake
Posts: 937
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdinny View Post
Check the mounting holes that the track bar bolts to.
Make sure they are not egg shaped

Holes appear to be round. I did not dig out my calipers to measure. I may try to squeeze the caliper in there when I replace to be certain. It does appear that my axle moves side to side a very small amount when sitting and having my daughter turn the wheel back and forth. The track bolts were torqued down tightly as well.
jaysong is offline   Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 02:22 PM   #21
Jeeper
 
meep jopar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Dustbin, USA
Posts: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdinny View Post
You do not need a track bar for a Mopar 2" lift.
But if I had to have one, I would go with the Yeti

Is this because of the small height of the lift? My thinking for getting one was twofold:

1. With an expected ~3" of actual lift, the front axle would shift to one side; the adj. TB would correct that.

2. Subsequently adding larger/heavier tires would put additional stress on the TB that a beefier aftermarket one would handle better, providing less flex, which would translate into more solid driving/steering feedback.


That being said, if neither of these would be any different with the stock TB vs an aftermarket with this lift, I definitely don't see a reason to get one. Can I safely assume that would be the case? Appreciate your input, thank you!
meep jopar is online now   Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 06:15 AM   #22
Jeeper
 
jdinny's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: In the woods, on a mountain, in NY
Posts: 2,040
I have 3 Jeeps in the family.
Two JKUWW's and my JK.
All are on AEV 2.5" kits, with 315 Cooper ST MAXX tires.
The JKUWW' have 41K and 45K on them, and the JK has 61K, after the kits were installed. No aftermarket TB added on any of them.
The amount the front diff moved with the kit installation is not noticeable.
We do not rock crawl. We do overland style wheeling, nothing extremely hard core.
I do like the Yeti TB, and if I was into crawling, or real hard core wheeling, I would probably add that when replacement was needed, but at my age, I'm way past spending cash for the "look at me" factor

With all that said, if I "had to have" a replacement track bar, I would definitely go with the Yeti
FLEX B, jaysong and meep jopar like this.
__________________
'12 JK Gecko | AEV 2.5/wGCB's | 315 Cooper S/T MAXX | AEV Salta's | Enhanced Rubicon rails | Trektop NX | Soft Doors | JW Speaker tail lights | M/T S1 bumper | Smitty X20-10 Comp | Factor 55 | Tactik HD spare carrier | ACE Halfback bumper | 4.10's | e-lockers | e-disconnect

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
jdinny is offline   Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 07:26 AM   #23
Supporting Member

5-Year WF Supporting Member
 
jaysong's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Prior Lake
Posts: 937
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdinny View Post
I have 3 Jeeps in the family.
Two JKUWW's and my JK.
All are on AEV 2.5" kits, with 315 Cooper ST MAXX tires.
The JKUWW' have 41K and 45K on them, and the JK has 61K, after the kits were installed. No aftermarket TB added on any of them.
The amount the front diff moved with the kit installation is not noticeable.
We do not rock crawl. We do overland style wheeling, nothing extremely hard core.
I do like the Yeti TB, and if I was into crawling, or real hard core wheeling, I would probably add that when replacement was needed, but at my age, I'm way past spending cash for the "look at me" factor

With all that said, if I "had to have" a replacement track bar, I would definitely go with the Yeti
To your point I hate that I will need to scuff and paint the track bar. Almost went a different direction because of the red. Now I am not sure if I will paint black or flat OD green. It definitely cannot be installed shiny red, at least not on my Olive.
FLEX B and jdinny like this.
jaysong is offline   Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 08:30 AM   #24
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 462
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysong View Post
Why are you adding a diff track bar? I have a AEV 2.5 lift, 35's, Trussed D30 front, and welded C's/LCA skids. Would I gain anything from an aftermarket track bar?
My setup is similar and there is one thing that you will gain from an aftermarket track bar. When you add a lift and keep the stock track bar, the resulting geometry is such that your entire front axle will be shifted slightly towards the driver side (something like a quarter inch). The adjustable trackbar allows you to re-center your front axle underneath the Jeep.

The Yeti and TF are adjustable.
FLEX B and jaysong like this.
HooliganActual is online now   Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 10:35 AM   #25
Supporting Member

5-Year WF Supporting Member
 
jaysong's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Prior Lake
Posts: 937
Quote:
Originally Posted by HooliganActual View Post
My setup is similar and there is one thing that you will gain from an aftermarket track bar. When you add a lift and keep the stock track bar, the resulting geometry is such that your entire front axle will be shifted slightly towards the driver side (something like a quarter inch). The adjustable trackbar allows you to re-center your front axle underneath the Jeep.

The Yeti and TF are adjustable.
I have never noticed prior. Just measured and my axle is exactly 1/4 in shifted to the drivers side. This has not caused any issues that I have noticed. The reason I am upgrading is to fix an intermittent wobble that was really bad once. I hope the upgraded track bar resolves this and I will can now center my axle as well. Bonus!
FLEX B and HooliganActual like this.
jaysong is offline   Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 10:37 AM   #26
Supporting Member

5-Year WF Supporting Member
 
jaysong's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Prior Lake
Posts: 937
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChemE View Post
Went with the yeti mainly because the red part looked cool and they seemed virtually the same otherwise.
Did you get your track bar installed? How did it go?
jaysong is offline   Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 10:47 AM   #27
Jeeper
 
MRBachand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 220
I have the Yeti and that thing is beef! I wouldn't buy anything else... plus its red!
MRBachand is offline   Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 10:51 AM   #28
Supporting Member

5-Year WF Supporting Member
 
jaysong's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Prior Lake
Posts: 937
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRBachand View Post
I have the Yeti and that thing is beef! I wouldn't buy anything else... plus its red!
I ordered one despite it being red and me having to repaint it.
jaysong is offline   Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 12:04 PM   #29
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 415
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdinny View Post
No, you would not
Disagree. I replaced my bar with a TF bar and noticed the front end was tighter. Originally started with Mopar 2" lift. The trackbar it replaced had 15k miles on it and the mounting holes were in good shape. Torque was also correct. The factory bar flexes...there are YouTube videos on this. The ability to center the axle is a nice secondary benefit.
Jedi9 and rednroll like this.
__________________
2007 Jeep JKU Rubicon 6sp
vtsoundman is offline   Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 02:13 PM   #30
Jeeper
 
jdinny's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: In the woods, on a mountain, in NY
Posts: 2,040
My kid's got a Yeti on his JKUWW, and I've got an OEM on my JK.
No difference at all in handling, and not enough off center to spend 250 bucks on.

__________________
'12 JK Gecko | AEV 2.5/wGCB's | 315 Cooper S/T MAXX | AEV Salta's | Enhanced Rubicon rails | Trektop NX | Soft Doors | JW Speaker tail lights | M/T S1 bumper | Smitty X20-10 Comp | Factor 55 | Tactik HD spare carrier | ACE Halfback bumper | 4.10's | e-lockers | e-disconnect

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
jdinny is offline   Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off






All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:49 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC