TJ trailer - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > TJ Jeep Wrangler Forum > TJ General Discussion Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Digger84
  • 1 Post By NakedJeeper
Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 08-22-2017, 07:43 PM
Thread Starter
  #1
Jeeper

WF Supporting Member
 
1jeeplvr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Under my Jeep in beautiful upstate N.Y.
Posts: 5,092
TJ trailer

Saw this a few wks ago,pretty cool



__________________
“We tend to forget that happiness doesn’t come from getting something that we don’t have, it comes from recognizing and appreciating what we do have.
1jeeplvr is offline   Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 07:52 PM   #2
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 13,253
Looks. Too heavy for the tj to safely pull


Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Digger84 is offline   Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 08:12 PM   #3
I now drive an ISIS truck

WF Lifetime Member
WF Supporting Member
::WF Moderator::
 
gixxerphil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Auburn, Al
Posts: 61,771
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1jeeplvr View Post
Saw this a few wks ago,pretty cool


That looks more like a pre-93 YJ
I dig it though. I wonder what the inside looks like.
__________________

gixxerphil is offline   Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 08-22-2017, 08:17 PM   #4
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 13,253
TJ trailer

Both look to be leaf spring yj with trailer with 91 and earlier roll bar

He did find a way to bring the hardtop and full doors with him while using cloth doors and a softtop

But too heavy for wrangler short wheelbase towing capacity


Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
trickydoc likes this.
Digger84 is offline   Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 08:19 PM   #5
Jeeper
 
NakedJeeper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Colorado Springs
Posts: 535
The tongue weight must be huge - the axle is too far back.
trickydoc likes this.
__________________
Rig Rater Score: 721
NakedJeeper is offline   Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 09:58 AM   #6
Jeeper
 
jjvw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 4,663
Seems like a poor setup for a trailer. I also don't really care for cutesy matching trailer/tow vehicle look. Let the trailer be what it needs to be to do its job well.
__________________
2003 Rubicon
jjvw is offline   Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 03:34 PM   #7
Supporting Member

5-Year WF Supporting Member
 
Evpjr's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Bakersfield
Posts: 1,770
IMHO, if it's pulling a trailer for camping, I would want one like I have. Heater, refer, shower, sink, stove, double bed, head room and 17.5ft long, with GVWR 2110lbs with elec brakes.
Evpjr is offline   Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 10:23 AM   #8
Jeeper
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 338
J Schwerb designed a DIY trailer with Jeep appearance. This company below sells it. Since its fiberglass it's a camping-carrier trailer and not meant for hauling landscaping materials or items that could wreck fiberglass. Really cool idea though.

https://www.dinoot.com
skrelnik is offline   Quote
Old 08-26-2017, 10:02 PM   #9
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3,697
Quote:
Originally Posted by skrelnik View Post
J Schwerb designed a DIY trailer with Jeep appearance. This company below sells it. Since its fiberglass it's a camping-carrier trailer and not meant for hauling landscaping materials or items that could wreck fiberglass. Really cool idea though.

https://www.dinoot.com
No landscaping materials? You mean I shouldn't have carried 800 pounds of topsoil in it?





Fiberglass can be plenty strong if it's done correctly.

Not sure who J Schwerb is though .
jscherb is offline   Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 09:17 AM   #10
Jeeper
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 338
Quote:
Originally Posted by jscherb View Post
No landscaping materials? You mean I shouldn't have carried 800 pounds of topsoil in it?





Fiberglass can be plenty strong if it's done correctly.

Not sure who J Schwerb is though .
My bad! J Scherb...All those years taking German in school it is habitual now.

I was thinking loose dirt/mulch/stone dust as well as dump runs on top of camping supplies. Problem with the Dinoot is the cost relative to my usage. I think I would be close to $3k all-in after completing the project, with the frame and upgrading the axle etc. I was looking for a cool trailer to match up with this wicked cool hardtop I have.

By the way, the first hardtop (rear drip rails) had a hole/leak so GR8TOPS sent me a new top, just the top. I have an extra top now that is sitting on my lawn, any ideas?

One other question, what fenders are on that black jeep? I'm looking to do a similar swap as I have turtle wax the OEM's every other week to maintain a black color.
skrelnik is offline   Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 11:15 AM   #11
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3,697
Quote:
Originally Posted by skrelnik View Post
By the way, the first hardtop (rear drip rails) had a hole/leak so GR8TOPS sent me a new top, just the top. I have an extra top now that is sitting on my lawn, any ideas?
Here's an idea... I made a prototype camper a few years ago using a spare Safari Cab roof panel. The sides and doors were also spare Safari Cab parts but you could do sides and doors out of plywood. Fits very nicely on a Jeep-tub/Dinoot trailer. Never got around to completing the camper, these photos are as far as I took it - just to the proof-of-concept stage.







Or, you could shorten it and make a half cab out of it, but you'd need a few additional Safari Cab parts for that...



Quote:
Originally Posted by skrelnik View Post
One other question, what fenders are on that black jeep? I'm looking to do a similar swap as I have turtle wax the OEM's every other week to maintain a black color.
The flares on the LJ are Sahara painted flares.

jscherb is offline   Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 11:57 AM   #12
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3,697
Quote:
Originally Posted by skrelnik View Post
I was thinking loose dirt/mulch/stone dust as well as dump runs on top of camping supplies. Problem with the Dinoot is the cost relative to my usage. I think I would be close to $3k all-in after completing the project, with the frame and upgrading the axle etc. I was looking for a cool trailer to match up with this wicked cool hardtop I have.
Once a fiberglass Dinoot tub is well protected with bed liner like this Dinoot M-series tub is, you could carry most anything in it.

jscherb is offline   Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 11:27 AM   #13
Jeeper
 
mudbug85603's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Upstate SC
Posts: 1,243
Here ya go you can have your very own TJ trailer

https://charlotte.craigslist.org/tro...273367079.html

__________________


'98 TJ 5sp Super 35 D30 w/Aussie 5.13 on 33's
'94 YJ 5sp 4.88 D35/HP30 sitting on 33's
mudbug85603 is offline   Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off






All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:15 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, Gladiator, Mopar and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to FCA US LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with FCA US LLC.