Wheels and tires finally going on. - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > TJ Jeep Wrangler Forum > TJ General Discussion Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Like Tree39Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 12-09-2019, 01:08 PM
Thread Starter
  #1
Jeeper
 
Tray Burge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 357
Wheels and tires finally going on.

Hey guys, I finally got my tires ordered to go with my wheels I received back in July and anticipate there being a rubbing issue, just not sure to what degree.
My wheels are these (see pic) Vision, 17x8.5, 0 offset with a 4.75 or 4.5 back spacing. (wheels specs say 4.75 BS, but my order has them listed as 4.5 BS?)
I ordered the Milestar, Patagonias 285/70/17.
What's the minimum concentric spacer you think I'd need or would you wait and see if washers in the turn stops would be adequate after the wheels are installed?
Thanks for the feedback in advance.
Tray

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0947.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	227.1 KB
ID:	4189543  
gsindela likes this.
__________________
"More gun control is like castrating yourself because your neighbor has too many kids."
Clint Eastwood
Tray Burge is offline   Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 01:15 PM   #2
Jeeper
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Westchester, IL
Posts: 6,293
looks like those tires are ~33x11.5, which will be close with 4.5" backspacing rims although you may get away with just a washer on your steering stop.
Tray Burge likes this.

Ironhead Jed is offline   Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 01:24 PM
Thread Starter
  #3
Jeeper
 
Tray Burge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 357
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhead Jed View Post
looks like those tires are ~33x11.5, which will be close with 4.5" backspacing rims although you may get away with just a washer on your steering stop.
Excuse my ignorance, but what about if the BS is 4.75 as listed by the manufacturer, I believe they made a mistake on my shipping invoice saying it was 4.5, 4.75 would be better, right?
__________________
"More gun control is like castrating yourself because your neighbor has too many kids."
Clint Eastwood
Tray Burge is offline   Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 12-09-2019, 01:34 PM   #4
Jeeper
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Westchester, IL
Posts: 6,293
that would be a bit tighter. 11.5" is an odd width so its hard to say but im betting you want to be closer to 4.25"
Tray Burge likes this.
Ironhead Jed is offline   Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 01:47 PM   #5
Jeeper
 
Gottagofast's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 8,390
I'd send the wheels AND tires back and order wheels with less backspacing and a 15" diameter...
__________________
I come in peace.... I mean you no harm
Currently in the stable: ... 97 tj 4.0 5 speed stock....04 tj 4.0 auto 4" and 33's... 98 tj roller for future build... 94 yj sahara 4.5" RE and 33's... 92 yj sbc 3/4 ton axles and 38's... Cj5,7,yj,xj,ex mud dragster project

TJ dash speakers that actually rock! Kicker sub and amp in center console
Gottagofast is offline   Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 02:26 PM
Thread Starter
  #6
Jeeper
 
Tray Burge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 357
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gottagofast View Post
I'd send the wheels AND tires back and order wheels with less backspacing and a 15" diameter...
And look just like you? Pass. But if you save your pennies, one day you can be as cool as me!
__________________
"More gun control is like castrating yourself because your neighbor has too many kids."
Clint Eastwood
Tray Burge is offline   Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 05:17 PM   #7
Jeeper
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 165
I ran 285/75-16s one 4.5 backspace wheel. I needed a couple washers on the steering stops and it would just get the frame in front of the tire at full lock and stuffed. 4.75 would make tuck them in a little tighter which would make the problem worse.

You can get a 1" hub centric spacer that should work with cast wheels. The front studs will stick out past the surface though. Generally the backside of cast wheels aren't a solid flange but has spaces between the lugs that will work. If your flange is solid you would need wider spacers or have to change all the wheel studs on the front axle to shorter studs.
Tray Burge likes this.
sh00ttok1ll is offline   Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 07:03 PM   #8
Jeeper
 
Gottagofast's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 8,390
Looks like sobered up and edited his string of insults a little....

I didn't attack you, I offered honest advice.... you don't have to give people permission before they can offer advice on a public forum.... you don't have to take said advice but there's no reason to show your hiney with a childish retort....
Terdwillow likes this.
__________________
I come in peace.... I mean you no harm
Currently in the stable: ... 97 tj 4.0 5 speed stock....04 tj 4.0 auto 4" and 33's... 98 tj roller for future build... 94 yj sahara 4.5" RE and 33's... 92 yj sbc 3/4 ton axles and 38's... Cj5,7,yj,xj,ex mud dragster project

TJ dash speakers that actually rock! Kicker sub and amp in center console
Gottagofast is offline   Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 09:40 AM
Thread Starter
  #9
Jeeper
 
Tray Burge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 357
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gottagofast View Post
Looks like sobered up and edited his string of insults a little....

I didn't attack you, I offered honest advice.... you don't have to give people permission before they can offer advice on a public forum.... you don't have to take said advice but there's no reason to show your hiney with a childish retort....
Looks like you feel like an idiot for being a smartass and trying to justify your ignorant comment.
Never asked for your "advice" on wheel/tire choices, but yet you still made a comment that made you look like an ass, you're probably used to doing that though.
__________________
"More gun control is like castrating yourself because your neighbor has too many kids."
Clint Eastwood
Tray Burge is offline   Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 09:50 AM
Thread Starter
  #10
Jeeper
 
Tray Burge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 357
Quote:
Originally Posted by sh00ttok1ll View Post
I ran 285/75-16s one 4.5 backspace wheel. I needed a couple washers on the steering stops and it would just get the frame in front of the tire at full lock and stuffed. 4.75 would make tuck them in a little tighter which would make the problem worse.

You can get a 1" hub centric spacer that should work with cast wheels. The front studs will stick out past the surface though. Generally the backside of cast wheels aren't a solid flange but has spaces between the lugs that will work. If your flange is solid you would need wider spacers or have to change all the wheel studs on the front axle to shorter studs.
Thanks for the useful feedback.
I think I'll wait then and try the washers and go from there.
__________________
"More gun control is like castrating yourself because your neighbor has too many kids."
Clint Eastwood
Tray Burge is offline   Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 10:57 AM   #11
Jeeper
 
TheBoogieman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: CharlottesHELL, Va
Posts: 2,494
Nice wheels and I hear good things about those tires. Fitment will be close. If you need wheel spacers check out TitanwheelAcc on Ebay. Quality billet 1.25" spacers for around $80 for all four. I've used them with several of my Jeeps with 35" tires with great results. Don't buy the overpriced Spidertrax just because people tell you to. They are no better IMO.
Tray Burge likes this.
__________________
03' Rubicon/Zone 4.25" combo lift/Rancho 9000XL shocks/5.13 gears-35" MTZs/LoD bumpers/Black Magic brakes
99' XJ under construction/ 5.5" lift/ Rancho rs5000x shocks/HP30-8.25/ 33" DC MTs. (JEEP #18).
TheBoogieman is offline   Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 11:05 AM
Thread Starter
  #12
Jeeper
 
Tray Burge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 357
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoogieman View Post
Nice wheels and I hear good things about those tires. Fitment will be close. If you need wheel spacers check out TitanwheelAcc on Ebay. Quality billet spacers for around $80 for all four. I've used them with several of my Jeeps with 35" tires with great results. Don't buy the overpriced Spidertrax just because people tell you to. They are no better IMO.
Great tip! I will, thanks for the heads up, sure beats $200 for a set of 4.
__________________
"More gun control is like castrating yourself because your neighbor has too many kids."
Clint Eastwood
Tray Burge is offline   Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 11:08 AM   #13
Jeeper
 
TheBoogieman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: CharlottesHELL, Va
Posts: 2,494
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tray Burge View Post
Great tip! I will, thanks for the heads up, sure beats $200 for a set of 4.
Here's the link. $73.82 and free shipping for all 4. If those wheels are 4.5" backspacing they will work. The washers on the steering stops works for not hitting the lower control arms at full turn. The problem is the rear tires might rub the spring perches as the rear axle shifts offroad. I bought a Jeep with 33x12.50s with NO lift and stock wheels. Amazingly the rear didn't rub on the street. My GF drove it for a couple months before I sold it. POST PICS for ME when you get it all done. Ignore those who don't like your style. My license plate and rear window decal keep people in their place.



https://www.ebay.com/itm/4-5x114-3-H...ox!22968!US!-1
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SAHARA%20JEEP4 (2017_11_20 00_38_12 UTC).jpg
Views:	19
Size:	221.8 KB
ID:	4189621   Click image for larger version

Name:	RUBI 35 7 (2017_11_20 00_38_12 UTC) (2).jpg
Views:	17
Size:	227.6 KB
ID:	4189627  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Watch.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	48.4 KB
ID:	4189629  
gsindela, Tray Burge and il buono like this.
__________________
03' Rubicon/Zone 4.25" combo lift/Rancho 9000XL shocks/5.13 gears-35" MTZs/LoD bumpers/Black Magic brakes
99' XJ under construction/ 5.5" lift/ Rancho rs5000x shocks/HP30-8.25/ 33" DC MTs. (JEEP #18).
TheBoogieman is offline   Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 12:47 PM
Thread Starter
  #14
Jeeper
 
Tray Burge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 357
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoogieman View Post
Here's the link. $73.82 and free shipping for all 4. If those wheels are 4.5" backspacing they will work. The washers on the steering stops works for not hitting the lower control arms at full turn. The problem is the rear tires might rub the spring perches as the rear axle shifts offroad. I bought a Jeep with 33x12.50s with NO lift and stock wheels. Amazingly the rear didn't rub on the street. My GF drove it for a couple months before I sold it. POST PICS for ME when you get it all done. Ignore those who don't like your style. My license plate and rear window decal keep people in their place.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/4-5x114-3-H...ox!22968!US!-1
Thanks for the link and good to know, 285/70 are supposed to actually be 32.7x11.2 so hopefully there won't be an issue with the perches, we'll see. lol
TheBoogieman likes this.
__________________
"More gun control is like castrating yourself because your neighbor has too many kids."
Clint Eastwood
Tray Burge is offline   Quote
Old 12-16-2019, 10:03 AM
Thread Starter
  #15
Jeeper
 
Tray Burge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 357
Canceled my order for Patagonias and decided to go with the BFG K-02 instead in the same size, hopefully next weekend if all comes in.
TheBoogieman likes this.
__________________
"More gun control is like castrating yourself because your neighbor has too many kids."
Clint Eastwood
Tray Burge is offline   Quote
Old 12-19-2019, 10:10 AM
Thread Starter
  #16
Jeeper
 
Tray Burge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 357
I had the BFG's and wheels put on and I'm blown away with how well this thing handles now. Night and day difference and straight as an arrow, I was prepared for some trade off going larger, but the all the trade offs have been for the positive so far. No notable difference in gearing either? How is this possible? I still have 5th gear and it still gets up as fast as it ever did. I'm impressed and the difference the tires and wheels have and my Jeep is no longer "anemic" looking and looks like what a Jeep is supposed to now.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1187.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	229.0 KB
ID:	4191087   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1188.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	234.8 KB
ID:	4191089  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1189.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	231.6 KB
ID:	4191091  
gsindela and XBD like this.
__________________
"More gun control is like castrating yourself because your neighbor has too many kids."
Clint Eastwood
Tray Burge is offline   Quote
Old 12-19-2019, 11:13 AM   #17
Jeeper
 
TheBoogieman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: CharlottesHELL, Va
Posts: 2,494
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tray Burge View Post
I had the BFG's and wheels put on and I'm blown away with how well this thing handles now. Night and day difference and straight as an arrow, I was prepared for some trade off going larger, but the all the trade offs have been for the positive so far. No notable difference in gearing either? How is this possible? I still have 5th gear and it still gets up as fast as it ever did. I'm impressed and the difference the tires and wheels have and my Jeep is no longer "anemic" looking and looks like what a Jeep is supposed to now.
Looks great! Great choice IMO. I always tell the "keep it stock so it handles good" people, Jeeps handle so much better with larger tires and a wider stance. Way more stability. Is that desert sand color? It looks light in the pics.
p.s. If you have 3.73 gears, most people wouldn't waste the money to regear for 33s or slightly less. 18 Jeeps later and I still wouldn't.

p.s. I drove my first Jeep a month stock. Never again. The problem with me getting 35s is that now everything else looks tiny to me. My XJ needs some 35s soon.

TJ #1. Check out the time stamp on the pics.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	stockjeep1.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	235.8 KB
ID:	4191109   Click image for larger version

Name:	XMAS JEEP1.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	238.4 KB
ID:	4191111  

gsindela and Tray Burge like this.
__________________
03' Rubicon/Zone 4.25" combo lift/Rancho 9000XL shocks/5.13 gears-35" MTZs/LoD bumpers/Black Magic brakes
99' XJ under construction/ 5.5" lift/ Rancho rs5000x shocks/HP30-8.25/ 33" DC MTs. (JEEP #18).
TheBoogieman is offline   Quote
Old 12-19-2019, 11:51 AM
Thread Starter
  #18
Jeeper
 
Tray Burge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 357
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoogieman View Post
Looks great! Great choice IMO. I always tell the "keep it stock so it handles good" people, Jeeps handle so much better with larger tires and a wider stance. Way more stability. Is that desert sand color? It looks light in the pics.
p.s. If you have 3.73 gears, most people wouldn't waste the money to regear for 33s or slightly less. 18 Jeeps later and I still wouldn't.

p.s. I drove my first Jeep a month stock. Never again. The problem with me getting 35s is that now everything else looks tiny to me. My XJ needs some 35s soon.

TJ #1. Check out the time stamp on the pics.
No idea of gearing, but the tires I know are exactly 32.7x11.2 so apparently I got lucky on my gearing because there is zero loss of power that I can tell. It's a custom color the previous owner did and seems closer to Dune next to a stock Dune in person, depending on the light too. Thanks
ps yours look sick too, I love the setup.
__________________
"More gun control is like castrating yourself because your neighbor has too many kids."
Clint Eastwood
Tray Burge is offline   Quote
Old 12-19-2019, 12:02 PM   #19
Jeeper
 
TheBoogieman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: CharlottesHELL, Va
Posts: 2,494
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tray Burge View Post
No idea of gearing, but the tires I know are exactly 32.7x11.2 so apparently I got lucky on my gearing because there is zero loss of power that I can tell. It's a custom color the previous owner did and seems closer to Dune next to a stock Dune in person, depending on the light too. Thanks
ps yours look sick too, I love the setup.
Check your gearing on the rear diff tag (if stock).3.07 and 3.73 are the only options for your Jeep. Great looking Jeep!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	diff tag (2017_11_20 00_38_12 UTC).jpg
Views:	19
Size:	123.6 KB
ID:	4191125  
Tray Burge likes this.
__________________
03' Rubicon/Zone 4.25" combo lift/Rancho 9000XL shocks/5.13 gears-35" MTZs/LoD bumpers/Black Magic brakes
99' XJ under construction/ 5.5" lift/ Rancho rs5000x shocks/HP30-8.25/ 33" DC MTs. (JEEP #18).
TheBoogieman is offline   Quote
Old 12-19-2019, 12:46 PM
Thread Starter
  #20
Jeeper
 
Tray Burge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 357
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoogieman View Post
Check your gearing on the rear diff tag (if stock).3.07 and 3.73 are the only options for your Jeep. Great looking Jeep!
I'll crawl under it this weekend and look. I'll definitely be leaving it stock height, I'd love to raise it, but I never leave the pavement and I'm sure that'd have an adverse effect on the little 4 banger for sure. lol
Since the deer took out my "perfect" looking front end out I spent so much time fixing up, I'm going with a smaller/lighter bumper with a small bull bar similar to yours I think, no winch but driving lights like I had on it and black grill inserts. Plastic flat top flares and definitely a different spare tire carrier.
Here's what it looked like before the eff'n deer.
Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0813.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	233.2 KB
ID:	4191129  
Macarena Man likes this.
__________________
"More gun control is like castrating yourself because your neighbor has too many kids."
Clint Eastwood
Tray Burge is offline   Quote
Old 12-19-2019, 01:42 PM   #21
BM3
Jeeper
 
BM3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Cedar Rapids, Ia.
Posts: 248
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tray Burge View Post
And look just like you? Pass. But if you save your pennies, one day you can be as cool as me!
Damn someone got their butthole hurt...

OP... Looks nice
BM3 is offline   Quote
Old 12-20-2019, 09:17 AM   #22
Jeeper
 
gsindela's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Geneva, IL
Posts: 540
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tray Burge View Post
I had the BFG's and wheels put on and I'm blown away with how well this thing handles now. Night and day difference and straight as an arrow, I was prepared for some trade off going larger, but the all the trade offs have been for the positive so far. No notable difference in gearing either? How is this possible? I still have 5th gear and it still gets up as fast as it ever did. I'm impressed and the difference the tires and wheels have and my Jeep is no longer "anemic" looking and looks like what a Jeep is supposed to now.
Wow! I don't think I've seen that color before. What is it called? Its fantastic!

Edit: I see you say it is a custom color. Nice!
Tray Burge likes this.
gsindela is offline   Quote
Old 12-20-2019, 09:24 AM
Thread Starter
  #23
Jeeper
 
Tray Burge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 357
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsindela View Post
Wow! I don't think I've seen that color before. What is it called? Its fantastic!

Edit: I see you say it is a custom color. Nice!
Thanks, yea, it's from the previous owner and it's very close to "Dune" with less yellow and more tan when parked next to one, in the right light. lol
gsindela and il buono like this.
__________________
"More gun control is like castrating yourself because your neighbor has too many kids."
Clint Eastwood
Tray Burge is offline   Quote
Old 12-20-2019, 10:03 AM   #24
Jeeper
 
il buono's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: AZ
Posts: 28
Gotta agree. It's a very nice color. With all the dust blowing around here in AZ, that color would be perfect.
Tray Burge likes this.
il buono is offline   Quote
Old 12-20-2019, 04:05 PM
Thread Starter
  #25
Jeeper
 
Tray Burge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 357
Quote:
Originally Posted by il buono View Post
Gotta agree. It's a very nice color. With all the dust blowing around here in AZ, that color would be perfect.
That's funny, because GA in the spring is pollen season and EVERYTHING is yellow for about 6 weeks, except my Jeep. lol
__________________
"More gun control is like castrating yourself because your neighbor has too many kids."
Clint Eastwood
Tray Burge is offline   Quote
Old 12-21-2019, 01:56 AM   #26
Jeeper
 
TheBoogieman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: CharlottesHELL, Va
Posts: 2,494
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tray Burge View Post
That's funny, because GA in the spring is pollen season and EVERYTHING is yellow for about 6 weeks, except my Jeep. lol
Same here in Va. That's why I bought a desert sand colored XJ. Mud doesn't even show with the color. I get sick of washing my red TJ during pollen season.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	XJ BEST.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	238.6 KB
ID:	4191409  
gsindela and Tray Burge like this.
__________________
03' Rubicon/Zone 4.25" combo lift/Rancho 9000XL shocks/5.13 gears-35" MTZs/LoD bumpers/Black Magic brakes
99' XJ under construction/ 5.5" lift/ Rancho rs5000x shocks/HP30-8.25/ 33" DC MTs. (JEEP #18).
TheBoogieman is offline   Quote
Old 01-01-2020, 12:58 AM   #27
I drive Papa Smurf

WF Lifetime Member
WF Supporting Member
::WF Moderator::
 
Pressurized's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Gilbert, AZ
Posts: 14,202
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tray Burge View Post
I had the BFG's and wheels put on and I'm blown away with how well this thing handles now. Night and day difference and straight as an arrow, I was prepared for some trade off going larger, but the all the trade offs have been for the positive so far. No notable difference in gearing either? How is this possible? I still have 5th gear and it still gets up as fast as it ever did. I'm impressed and the difference the tires and wheels have and my Jeep is no longer "anemic" looking and looks like what a Jeep is supposed to now.
That looks great! I'm considering that same wheel, but in the 15" size. I do like to Max out my tire sidewall.

I'm confident you would have like the Patagonia's too.
Tray Burge likes this.
__________________
2006 LJ Rubicon - Solar Yellow - Very Stock'ish - The Press Casual LJ-R build
2012 JKU Sahara - Pro Comp LED Headlights - PRS Audio mod- SWS - GraBars - Bestop Cargo Cover
- Mopar 2" Frankenlift - Teraflex Falcon Shocks - RE TB/Brackets - JKS mount/Bilstein stabilizer -
Rugged Ridge XHD
bumper - Yukon Gears - G2 Diff Covers - Pro Comp 8186 - Milestar Patagonia 35's - Teraflex BRK
- TORQ Locker - 1310 Driveshaft - PowerTrax Grip Pro - Full Core 4x4 Control Arms and Track Bars
Pressurized is online now   Quote
Old 01-02-2020, 09:51 AM
Thread Starter
  #28
Jeeper
 
Tray Burge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 357
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressurized View Post
That looks great! I'm considering that same wheel, but in the 15" size. I do like to Max out my tire sidewall.

I'm confident you would have like the Patagonia's too.
Thank you, Pressurized. I'm pretty sure I would have been happy and I still may try them next time around. You're probably a real Jeeper, I'm just one of the resident "Mall Crawlers" around here. lol
__________________
"More gun control is like castrating yourself because your neighbor has too many kids."
Clint Eastwood
Tray Burge is offline   Quote
Old 01-02-2020, 10:37 AM   #29
I drive Papa Smurf

WF Lifetime Member
WF Supporting Member
::WF Moderator::
 
Pressurized's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Gilbert, AZ
Posts: 14,202
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tray Burge View Post
Thank you, Pressurized. I'm pretty sure I would have been happy and I still may try them next time around. You're probably a real Jeeper, I'm just one of the resident "Mall Crawlers" around here. lol
I don't know about "real Jeeper", all of my builds are a versatile... And with versatility comes compromise, well unless you through huge $$ at it. My JK is my wife's DD, my overlander, my rock crawler and my tow vehicle for my camping rig.

My LJ will be similar... But I want the 33x12.5x15 tires for the look. Well that and they will be good for any sand or river running that I do.

I went right through here without being locked and the locked Rubi on stock tires was sunk instantly... Thank you 12.5 wides!

Tray Burge likes this.
__________________
2006 LJ Rubicon - Solar Yellow - Very Stock'ish - The Press Casual LJ-R build
2012 JKU Sahara - Pro Comp LED Headlights - PRS Audio mod- SWS - GraBars - Bestop Cargo Cover
- Mopar 2" Frankenlift - Teraflex Falcon Shocks - RE TB/Brackets - JKS mount/Bilstein stabilizer -
Rugged Ridge XHD
bumper - Yukon Gears - G2 Diff Covers - Pro Comp 8186 - Milestar Patagonia 35's - Teraflex BRK
- TORQ Locker - 1310 Driveshaft - PowerTrax Grip Pro - Full Core 4x4 Control Arms and Track Bars
Pressurized is online now   Quote
Old 01-02-2020, 11:10 AM
Thread Starter
  #30
Jeeper
 
Tray Burge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 357
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressurized View Post
I don't know about "real Jeeper", all of my builds are a versatile... And with versatility comes compromise, well unless you through huge $$ at it. My JK is my wife's DD, my overlander, my rock crawler and my tow vehicle for my camping rig.

My LJ will be similar... But I want the 33x12.5x15 tires for the look. Well that and they will be good for any sand or river running that I do.

I went right through here without being locked and the locked Rubi on stock tires was sunk instantly... Thank you 12.5 wides!

Dude, paaalease, I steer around puddles in the street! lol
TJMAXX likes this.

__________________
"More gun control is like castrating yourself because your neighbor has too many kids."
Clint Eastwood
Tray Burge is offline   Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off






All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:28 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, Gladiator, Mopar and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to FCA US LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with FCA US LLC.