Front speaker connectors for a 95'??? - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > YJ Jeep Wrangler Forum > YJ General Discussion Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 06-16-2018, 06:02 PM
Thread Starter
  #1
Jeeper
 
Nosferatu49534's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 18
Front speaker connectors for a 95'???

Does any one have pictures of the front speaker connectors? A PO had cut the front connectors off and used the wires for the sound bar. I'm putting speakers in as there were non when I bought my jeep. Also trying to wire everything back as close as I can to "factory" aka not f-ed.
Thanks for any help.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Nosferatu49534 is offline   Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 06:31 PM
Thread Starter
  #2
Jeeper
 
Nosferatu49534's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 18
Well I think I figured out what they did but not 100% sure. Looks like they unbundled the wires and spliced into the big harness side. And I'm guessing they depinned the other side of the harness which would have contained the plug for the speaker. I cut their connections and went from the harness side and made connections from there. I'm gonna keep searching and see if I can find the correct plugs and repin everything properly.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Nosferatu49534 is offline   Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 03:18 AM   #3
Jeeper
 
brentnclemson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 328
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu49534 View Post
Well I think I figured out what they did but not 100% sure. Looks like they unbundled the wires and spliced into the big harness side. And I'm guessing they depinned the other side of the harness which would have contained the plug for the speaker. I cut their connections and went from the harness side and made connections from there. I'm gonna keep searching and see if I can find the correct plugs and repin everything properly.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk


You’re talking front speakers, right? Mine is missing the factory connector and is butt spliced to wires with spade connectors that attach directly to the speakers. Any speaker will have spade connectors and they’re pretty “quick-connect”, so would that just work or you want to retain the connector?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
brentnclemson is offline   Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 06-20-2018, 06:19 AM
Thread Starter
  #4
Jeeper
 
Nosferatu49534's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 18
Yup the fronts. Mine weren't even butt connectors. They used wire nuts for everything. The factory plug was missing already as well for the fronts. I ended up using butt connected to connect the new wires that came with the speakers. I forgot I had asked about this. I'll take a couple pictures and share when I go to work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by brentnclemson View Post
You’re talking front speakers, right? Mine is missing the factory connector and is butt spliced to wires with spade connectors that attach directly to the speakers. Any speaker will have spade connectors and they’re pretty “quick-connect”, so would that just work or you want to retain the connector?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
Nosferatu49534 is offline   Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 12:35 PM   #5
Jeeper
 
brentnclemson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 328
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu49534 View Post
Yup the fronts. Mine weren't even butt connectors. They used wire nuts for everything. The factory plug was missing already as well for the fronts. I ended up using butt connected to connect the new wires that came with the speakers. I forgot I had asked about this. I'll take a couple pictures and share when I go to work.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk


Wire nuts?!! Wow. Glad you got it all together!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
brentnclemson is offline   Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off






All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:44 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, Gladiator, Mopar and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to FCA US LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with FCA US LLC.