06-10-2018, 08:49 PM
Join Date: Dec 2017
I wanted to buy a tail light guard for my 94' YJ, preferably custom. Like one with the American flag or a distressed flag like the one I display on my hood. I found close to what I wanted on Quadratec's website for $50. I thought that was a bit much to pay and it didn't come with a distressed flag to match my hood. So I decided to make my own out of vinyl.
1. 12"X12" Vinyl Sheet
2. Adhesive Promoter, liquid or spray
3. 4" Vinyl Decal
4. X-Acto or Utility Knife
5. Heatgun or Hair Dryer
1. Removed tail light lens from Jeep.
2. Thoroughly clean and dry tail light lens.
3. Spray or brush adhesive promoter onto lens.
4. Cut 12X"12" vinyl sheet in half (12"X6")
5. Cover each lens with the remaining 12"X6" vinyl sheet.
6. Use heatgun or hair dryer to shrink wrap vinyl to lens.
7. Use X-Acto or utility knife to cut out sections on lens.
8. Apply 4" decal to lens, in desired location.
9. Apply heat to assure adhesion & contouring to lens.
10. Spray clear coat onto finished tail light lens.
11. Let dry for an hour.
12. Replace tail light lens to Jeep.
13. Enjoy your custom tail light guards.