New member.... Need help. - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > YJ Jeep Wrangler Forum > YJ General Discussion Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today

Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on
Old 04-08-2008, 11:47 PM
Thread Starter
mjbuck's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Hancock, MI
Posts: 161
New member.... Need help.

First time posting on this forum. I have an '89 Wrangler YJ. Several years ago, my brother removed my front stabilizer bar so I had better articulation when off-roading. Up until recently, I have used my Jeep just for going off-road and used it very little for highway riding. I want to use start using it more on the highway and would like to put the stabilizer bar back on, but for some reason I cannot figure where it attaches. I believe I'm missing some parts. Does anyone know where I can get clear, detailed photos of the stabilizer bar and where it connects on the frame? If you have something like this that can help me, you can e-mail them to [email protected]. Thank you in advance.

mjbuck is offline   Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 03:17 AM   #2
Pushy, Loudmouthed, and Ballsy
Dare2BSquare's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Driving Around Arkansas In My Black XJ
Posts: 6,177
Are you talking about the track bars? Are you having some problem with the way it handles on the highway? I took my front and rear off quite a while ago and never missed them. There's no going back for me, I threw them away.

Haynes or one of those type manuals will have pics, they aren't the greatest quality but you can get a general idea where things go.

BTW... welcome to the forum.

99 XJ Sport
3" Skyjacker lift
31 x 10.50 General Grabbers Are all fishermen liars, or do only liars fish?
Dare2BSquare is offline   Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 08:04 AM   #3
jpdocdave's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: beach park, il
Posts: 8,162
i wouldn't worry about it, you'll get used to the body roll, but if you want it back, a manual should help, or if you put the bar where it goes, where the links are you should see there's two spots on the frame where there's two holes on each side, a u shaped bracket holds it in w/ rubber bushings in both spots. this is if we're talking stabilizer bar, also called anti-sway bar. track bar is a bigger bar just from one side of frame, to other side of axle, stabilizer goes from one side of axle, to the frame, back down to the other side of axle
"The danger to America is not Barack Obama but a citizenry capable of entrusting a man like him with the Presidency. It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of an Obama presidency than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their president."
jpdocdave is offline   Quote

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New member from CO Moxie WF New Member Check In 8 02-01-2008 10:24 PM
New member from NJ aj2008 WF New Member Check In 5 01-17-2008 09:48 PM
Jeep clubs, are you a member of one? kg4kpg Off-Topic 26 08-29-2007 05:35 PM
New member in Portland, OR theorrminator WF New Member Check In 5 04-05-2006 04:35 PM

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:17 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC. is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC