Wheel Soacers - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > YJ Jeep Wrangler Forum > YJ General Discussion Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 01-31-2014, 07:43 AM
Thread Starter
  #1
Jeeper
 
YJGRIZZ90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: California
Posts: 34
Wheel Soacers

I know that increasing the backspacing on my rim choice will change my tire placement. But I've also considered wheel spacers. Are they reliable? Is it just as good? Or should I just flat stay away from them?

__________________
I Go Topless
1990 Jeep Wrangler YJ
YJGRIZZ90 is offline   Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 07:52 AM   #2
Moderator

WF Lifetime Member
WF Supporting Member
::WF Moderator::
 
jadmt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: missoula
Posts: 20,318
you will surely be in a terrible accident if you go with wheel spacers, your hair will fall out and you will develop a skin rash too. Nothing good ever becomes of people who use spacers and statistics show that at least 90% will end up in prison and the other 10% will become homeless. Quality spacers properly installed are fine.

jadmt is offline   Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 08:13 AM   #3
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Staten Island
Posts: 92
When i got my 31" by 10.5" tires they were rubbing the leaf springs. eventually i decided to get spacers. it's been 4 months since i drive with spacers. They surely didn't do any damage rather improved the performance a little (on my jeep which still needs lots of work). The spacers i got are very light, i didn't weight them but felt like a pound each. no my tires no longer rub against leaf springs and the jeep looks sexier. Performance was not downgraded.
Klimarov is offline   Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-31-2014, 08:57 AM   #4
Jeeper
 
simonclay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Preston County, WV
Posts: 563
I ran wheel spacers for 6 months. The only problem I had was (somehow) some of my wheel lug nuts got loose and backed off. Which long story short, caused my wheel to fall off going down the road.

But I don't think that was because of the spacer in any way. I never had any other issue. I had the RC 1.5" wheel spacers. As long as you check the torque regularly, they should last as long as you need them to.
__________________
"No matter what anyone says, it's YOUR Jeep, do what YOU want"

'95 YJ https://www.wranglerforum.com/f290/si...ad-371922.html
simonclay is offline   Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 07:49 PM   #5
Jeeper
 
LJ Dave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Pine, Colorado
Posts: 1,975
I've been running wheel spacers on my rig for 9 years. Never had any problems and the lug nuts holding them on have never worked loose.
__________________
_____________
2005 Rubicon LJ, 4.5 lift, 35's
LJ Dave is offline   Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off






All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:34 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, Gladiator, Mopar and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to FCA US LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with FCA US LLC.