03-19-2018, 03:52 PM
WF Supporting Member
Join Date: Dec 2015
Originally Posted by Curtjeep2002
Couple questions I thought I'd get some of your feedback...
1) I'm thinking of going with Poison Spyder side armor in aluminum with the steel rocker knockers... My mechanic is concerned about rust issues with 2 different metals..??? They will both need to be powder coated so now I think I'm conflicted!!!! Don't wanna spend a lot of money to accelerate rust issues.... Which also brings me to the next question...
2) Would the buschwacker aluminum flare also be suspect to rust issues where it would meet the tub with 2 different metals coming into contact although they would be powder coated??? Once again conflicted!!!!!
3) I was thinking about a 2-3" lift and the consensus seems to be the teraflex.... I was also thinking of the JKS Jspec lift or a mopar lift.... I got a couple more months with a warranty, would these void any drive-train warranty???
Any and all input would be appreciated.... It seems like the more research I do the more conflicts come up and the more confused I think I am... Maybe I just gotta go for it and try not to second guess any decisions???? Thank you
I guess it is also noteworthy to mention I live in Chicago where snow and salt are abundant !!!!! Hence the idea of aluminum vs steel however, metal interaction is outside the scope of my expertise!!!!!
Hi Curt, welcome to the forum!
1) Aluminum is a great idea, for both weight savings and no rust. If you are powder coating, there will be no galvanic corrosion to worry about. I've been looking at doing a boat side rocker armor on mine, and I had the P.S. rockers on my short list. I did find a post where a guy landed midway on the rocker and they transferred the hit right up into the door openings...yikes. I have since settled on the Nemesis Billy Rockers. They seem to be designed better. Do your research on this.
3) All three lifts are good lifts, also look at Metal Cloak, their DufoFlex joint sets them apart.
I'm in the Chicago area as well, be sure to get on our ChicagoLand Jeepers list. PM me with any questions. I can recommend a great shop if you need it. Good luck with your build!
~2016 Hard Rock~Auto~4:88~JWSpeaker~Recon~Banks Ram-Air~~Mopar Performance BBK~MetalCloak 3.5" GC/Falcon 3.3~Method M106BL~37" Nitto R.G.~TeraFlex HD Carrier~VPR 126-S-S~Warn M8000-S ~KMS Lo-Pro Mod~