Damn the rodents! Serves me right for not driving her for a week... Able to resolder, ducktape and repatch though..
So I go to start up Gretch, and I get a HOT OIL Warning that's scrolling on my dashboard, the Check Engine Light is on (Along with a Tire pressure warning, but this may just be the frosty weather) so I popped the hood, and I find ..a mess.. The plastic cover to the bundle that houses a lot of the electrical wires has somehow cracked and be completely exposed. Likewise one single wire, (only one that I can tell so far) is severed. It doesn't look like it's been cut but rather just pulled apart. I don't think anyone would go and snip 1 single wire, so I assume this just somehow snapped, but I still find that baffling. Anyway, I can only assume that this is the cause of the sudden "Hot Oil" Warning here. There's no indication of any oil pressure or high temperature signs. In fact the Jeep runs fine, nothing different or out of the ordinary, but the fact that the sensor is tripping the Check Engine Light AND the Hot Oil Message, strikes me as something to do with this wire being cut.
it was chewed through, and even further evidence, there was literally a small "nest" of cardboard on the bottom of the bay!
And! Eureka! I was to strip the wire jacket, and salvage about a centimeter of bare copper on both ends, and twist them together. Duct tape says the rest! I cranked her up and the warning was gone! Just have to clear the Check Engine light now.