Hard Rock Rubi - Page 95 - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK Build Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Like Tree1236Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 06-07-2019, 06:07 PM
Thread Starter
  #2821
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
Buildit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Chicago
Posts: 2,995
Quote:
Originally Posted by billybobjku View Post
Steven great looking wheels!! I'm finally making the move to 37s and I bought a set of XD229s. Are you still going to run spacers?
Hi Billy, good hearing from you and cool to hear the 37's are coming! The 229's were on my short list, excellent wheel

No spacers, as the M106 has a 3.5"/-41mm B.S..

That puts them right where I was with the 4.72 B.S./1.25" adaptor set-up I was running.

Will you run 3.5" B.S. on the 229's?



-Steven

__________________
~2016 Hard Rock~Auto~4:88~JWSpeaker~Recon~Banks Ram-Air~~Mopar Performance BBK~MetalCloak 3.5" GC/Falcon 3.3~Method Race/OMF~37" MXT~TeraFlex HD Carrier~VPR 126-S-S~Warn M8000-S ~KMS Lo-Pro Mod~

+ To See What I'm Up To, Follow Me Here + https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5H...6XbFuakJem6TTw
Buildit is offline   Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 05:28 AM   #2822
Jeeper
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 259
Yes the 229s have a 3.5 backspace. Are you thinking about beefing up the axle shafts in the rear?

billybobjku is offline   Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 07:56 AM
Thread Starter
  #2823
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
Buildit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Chicago
Posts: 2,995
Quote:
Originally Posted by billybobjku View Post
Yes the 229s have a 3.5 backspace. Are you thinking about beefing up the axle shafts in the rear?
Funny you should ask about the rear axle shafts, as I was shopping those last night! They are next on my list.

Have you done yours?


-Steven
__________________
~2016 Hard Rock~Auto~4:88~JWSpeaker~Recon~Banks Ram-Air~~Mopar Performance BBK~MetalCloak 3.5" GC/Falcon 3.3~Method Race/OMF~37" MXT~TeraFlex HD Carrier~VPR 126-S-S~Warn M8000-S ~KMS Lo-Pro Mod~

+ To See What I'm Up To, Follow Me Here + https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5H...6XbFuakJem6TTw
Buildit is offline   Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 06-08-2019, 12:36 PM
Thread Starter
  #2824
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
Buildit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Chicago
Posts: 2,995
OMF/Method Fat Fives

Hey All, I'm putting my current set of Method Fat Fives that I had OMF Performance customize for me up for sale. They are in perfect shape and are wrapped in Mastercraft Coursor MXT, 37x12.50/R17 tires. I have ~18K mi on them. These balanced out well, and allowed me to cruise at 80+mph with no vibrations. I will also include my TeraFlex 1.25" adaptors. This combo will give a 3.5" B.S.. Here's a look at them, PM me if interested.









I have the rock rings powder coated Kingsport Grey. I will include the original center caps.


Here's a couple of pics of them being made...




Here's a couple of pics of the tread F/R. The spare has never been on the ground.




These are ready to bolt right on and enjoy.


-Steven
__________________
~2016 Hard Rock~Auto~4:88~JWSpeaker~Recon~Banks Ram-Air~~Mopar Performance BBK~MetalCloak 3.5" GC/Falcon 3.3~Method Race/OMF~37" MXT~TeraFlex HD Carrier~VPR 126-S-S~Warn M8000-S ~KMS Lo-Pro Mod~

+ To See What I'm Up To, Follow Me Here + https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5H...6XbFuakJem6TTw
Buildit is offline   Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 12:54 PM   #2825
Supporting Member

5-Year WF Supporting Member
 
jasemccarty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Colorado
Posts: 425
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buildit View Post
Hey All, I'm putting my current set of Method Fat Fives that I had OMF Performance customize for me up for sale. They are in perfect shape and are wrapped in Mastercraft Coursor MXT, 37x12.50/R17 tires. I have ~18K mi on them. These balanced out well, and allowed me to cruise at 80+mph with no vibrations. I will also include my TeraFlex 1.25" adaptors. This combo will give a 3.5" B.S.. Here's a look at them, PM me if interested.



















I have the rock rings powder coated Kingsport Grey. I will include the original center caps.





Here's a couple of pics of them being made...









Here's a couple of pics of the tread F/R. The spare has never been on the ground.









These are ready to bolt right on and enjoy.





-Steven


Nice! Im assuming youll deliver. I like to start negotiation at a number Im comfortable with. How does $50 sound?

LOL. All in humor. Id be interested if I were looking for wheels/tires. Have a bit longer to wait though.
__________________
Jase McCarty
Christian, Husband, Dad, MSgt (Ret), & IT/Virtualization Guy.
2017 JKU Rubicon Hard Rock Rhino - "Skirmisher"
jasemccarty is offline   Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 11:42 PM   #2826
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Mesa, Az
Posts: 773
Look at those nice clean wheels, that don't look like they have ever seen a rock... I will admit, I am liking the new ones, and am anxious to see them mounted. As for axles, i went with G2 gold in the rear. I have RCV’s up front.
AzScooter is offline   Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 07:03 AM
Thread Starter
  #2827
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
Buildit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Chicago
Posts: 2,995
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzScooter View Post
Look at those nice clean wheels, that don't look like they have ever seen a rock... I will admit, I am liking the new ones, and am anxious to see them mounted. As for axles, i went with G2 gold in the rear. I have RCVs up front.
Haha...they are in primo shape! I'll have a pic up soon on the new setup.

I was looking at Ten Factory 4140 for the rear. I'll be talking with the boys at Northridge, see what they are running. Good hearing from you Scott!


-Steven
__________________
~2016 Hard Rock~Auto~4:88~JWSpeaker~Recon~Banks Ram-Air~~Mopar Performance BBK~MetalCloak 3.5" GC/Falcon 3.3~Method Race/OMF~37" MXT~TeraFlex HD Carrier~VPR 126-S-S~Warn M8000-S ~KMS Lo-Pro Mod~

+ To See What I'm Up To, Follow Me Here + https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5H...6XbFuakJem6TTw
Buildit is offline   Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 07:13 AM   #2828
Jeeper
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buildit View Post
Funny you should ask about the rear axle shafts, as I was shopping those last night! They are next on my list.

Have you done yours?


-Steven
Well

I was looking at them because the other day the rear axle started howling like a jet plane taking off. At first I thought it was the rear bearings so I'm thinking this will be pretty easy, new shafts problem solved. But after I jacked it up and spun the wheels, the noise is coming from the diff not the bearings, so something must have let go in the diff. I'm having it towed tomorrow to a shop whose claim to fame is diffs so I'm hoping it'll be not as bad as it sounds!
billybobjku is offline   Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 09:02 AM   #2829
Supporting Member

5-Year WF Supporting Member
 
jasemccarty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Colorado
Posts: 425
I hope it isnt bad!
FLEX B likes this.
__________________
Jase McCarty
Christian, Husband, Dad, MSgt (Ret), & IT/Virtualization Guy.
2017 JKU Rubicon Hard Rock Rhino - "Skirmisher"
jasemccarty is offline   Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 11:26 AM
Thread Starter
  #2830
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
Buildit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Chicago
Posts: 2,995
Quote:
Originally Posted by billybobjku View Post
Well

I was looking at them because the other day the rear axle started howling like a jet plane taking off. At first I thought it was the rear bearings so I'm thinking this will be pretty easy, new shafts problem solved. But after I jacked it up and spun the wheels, the noise is coming from the diff not the bearings, so something must have let go in the diff. I'm having it towed tomorrow to a shop whose claim to fame is diffs so I'm hoping it'll be not as bad as it sounds!
I hope it's not too bad and the shop is a good one!

Did you do your axle shafts, or are you waiting on the outcome of the diff. diagnosis?


-Steven
__________________
~2016 Hard Rock~Auto~4:88~JWSpeaker~Recon~Banks Ram-Air~~Mopar Performance BBK~MetalCloak 3.5" GC/Falcon 3.3~Method Race/OMF~37" MXT~TeraFlex HD Carrier~VPR 126-S-S~Warn M8000-S ~KMS Lo-Pro Mod~

+ To See What I'm Up To, Follow Me Here + https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5H...6XbFuakJem6TTw
Buildit is offline   Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 12:45 PM   #2831
Jeeper
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buildit View Post
I hope it's not too bad and the shop is a good one!

Did you do your axle shafts, or are you waiting on the outcome of the diff. diagnosis?


-Steven
The rear axle is still stock other then the regear to 4.56 2 years ago. I think before you re-geared, we talked about how the shop that did my original re-gear had to replace the spider gears because they were chipped. That hit me as very strange thing considering at that point my truck had never been off road other than the beach, the 35s had only been on there less than 3 months and though I had about 35000 miles at that point, the majority of those miles were highway. That chipped gear thing stuck in my mind that maybe the axle was never right from the beginning.

Before the diff issue, axle shafts were next on the to do list moving up to 37s. Being I was going to do it myself I was looking at fully assembled shafts as I didn't want to have get into pressing the bearings on. I was looking at the Nitros and I think G2 has some as well. I didn't get too deep into that research project as the diff issue took precedence.
billybobjku is offline   Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 01:11 PM
Thread Starter
  #2832
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
Buildit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Chicago
Posts: 2,995
Quote:
Originally Posted by billybobjku View Post
The rear axle is still stock other then the regear to 4.56 2 years ago. I think before you re-geared, we talked about how the shop that did my original re-gear had to replace the spider gears because they were chipped. That hit me as very strange thing considering at that point my truck had never been off road other than the beach, the 35s had only been on there less than 3 months and though I had about 35000 miles at that point, the majority of those miles were highway. That chipped gear thing stuck in my mind that maybe the axle was never right from the beginning.

Before the diff issue, axle shafts were next on the to do list moving up to 37s. Being I was going to do it myself I was looking at fully assembled shafts as I didn't want to have get into pressing the bearings on. I was looking at the Nitros and I think G2 has some as well. I didn't get too deep into that research project as the diff issue took precedence.
I remember that! It did seem odd that the chipped spider gear occurred, given your mileage and use. Let me know what the shop finds.

I too am looking at axle shafts with bearings pre-installed so it should be a straight forward swap. This is what i am looking at: https://www.northridge4x4.com/part/a...-press-bearing


-Steven
TO4DM4N likes this.
__________________
~2016 Hard Rock~Auto~4:88~JWSpeaker~Recon~Banks Ram-Air~~Mopar Performance BBK~MetalCloak 3.5" GC/Falcon 3.3~Method Race/OMF~37" MXT~TeraFlex HD Carrier~VPR 126-S-S~Warn M8000-S ~KMS Lo-Pro Mod~

+ To See What I'm Up To, Follow Me Here + https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5H...6XbFuakJem6TTw
Buildit is offline   Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 08:24 AM   #2833
Supporting Member

5-Year WF Supporting Member
 
RichL35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: South Shore, Mass
Posts: 2,663
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzScooter View Post
Look at those nice clean wheels, that don't look like they have ever seen a rock... I will admit, I am liking the new ones, and am anxious to see them mounted. As for axles, i went with G2 gold in the rear. I have RCVs up front.
Running the G2 Gold placer shafts as well. They came highly recommend when I went 35 spline.
FLEX B likes this.
__________________
Nemesis is getting an LS this winter with a Motech install kit. Want to see how easy or hard the install is.... Follow here.
https://www.wranglerforum.com/f314/ne...e-2149753.html

What am I up too..? Browse some photos here. (Imgbb link)
https://www.wranglerforum.com/f31/ric...s-2163905.html
RichL35 is online now   Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 09:31 AM
Thread Starter
  #2834
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
Buildit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Chicago
Posts: 2,995
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichL35 View Post
Running the G2 Gold placer shafts as well. They came highly recommend when I went 35 spline.
Thanks Rich! I'm running the OEM E-Locker, so I'm looking at a 32 spline set-up. I'll take a look at the G2 Gold. I believe they are made in the US.


-Steven
__________________
~2016 Hard Rock~Auto~4:88~JWSpeaker~Recon~Banks Ram-Air~~Mopar Performance BBK~MetalCloak 3.5" GC/Falcon 3.3~Method Race/OMF~37" MXT~TeraFlex HD Carrier~VPR 126-S-S~Warn M8000-S ~KMS Lo-Pro Mod~

+ To See What I'm Up To, Follow Me Here + https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5H...6XbFuakJem6TTw
Buildit is offline   Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 09:03 PM   #2835
Jeeper
 
stitch1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 549
I also went with G2 golds in the rear. You are correct, they are built in the USA and have a lifetime warranty.
stitch1 is offline   Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 09:07 PM
Thread Starter
  #2836
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
Buildit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Chicago
Posts: 2,995
Quote:
Originally Posted by stitch1 View Post
I also went with G2 golds in the rear. You are correct, they are built in the USA and have a lifetime warranty.
Thanks stitch! Are you running the 32 spline? I can't recall your setup.



-Steven
__________________
~2016 Hard Rock~Auto~4:88~JWSpeaker~Recon~Banks Ram-Air~~Mopar Performance BBK~MetalCloak 3.5" GC/Falcon 3.3~Method Race/OMF~37" MXT~TeraFlex HD Carrier~VPR 126-S-S~Warn M8000-S ~KMS Lo-Pro Mod~

+ To See What I'm Up To, Follow Me Here + https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5H...6XbFuakJem6TTw
Buildit is offline   Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 09:10 PM   #2837
Jeeper
 
stitch1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 549
Yep, running a stock Rubi housing and locker. 4.88 gears with the G2s.
FLEX B, Buildit and TO4DM4N like this.
stitch1 is offline   Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 02:34 PM
Thread Starter
  #2838
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
Buildit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Chicago
Posts: 2,995
So I just spoke Northridge 4x4 regarding upgrading my rear axle shafts for my Rubicon D44. Their recommendation, "go with Ten Factory, best warranty and they are the only ones to warrantee a bent flange!". I think I'm headed this direction. Sadly, they do not qualify for the current promotion

Update, I just spoke with Brad at Dixie in St. George. Same answer, "go with the Ten Factory, can't go wrong. We install a lot of them".

I figure chromoly upgraded axle shafts are all pretty equal strength wise. Then, it comes down to the warranty.


-Steven
FLEX B and TO4DM4N like this.
__________________
~2016 Hard Rock~Auto~4:88~JWSpeaker~Recon~Banks Ram-Air~~Mopar Performance BBK~MetalCloak 3.5" GC/Falcon 3.3~Method Race/OMF~37" MXT~TeraFlex HD Carrier~VPR 126-S-S~Warn M8000-S ~KMS Lo-Pro Mod~

+ To See What I'm Up To, Follow Me Here + https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5H...6XbFuakJem6TTw
Buildit is offline   Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 07:59 PM   #2839
Newb
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buildit View Post
Just a quick update on the new PSC pump I recently installed. All fittings are staying tight and dry with no leaks.




I love the steering feel of the new pump with the Big Bore XD. With the added volume, steering reacts quicker than with the stock pump/Big Bore. It's also one finger easy on pavement.

If you're contemplating adding the Big Bore XD Steering Gear to your build, do the pump at the same time.



-Steven
Are there any new noises from the steering with the new system? I just had the same system installed and get low speed groaning/buzzing but not very loud. Im only 50 miles in and fluid is full. Drive well though.
Silverton345 is offline   Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 08:11 PM
Thread Starter
  #2840
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
Buildit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Chicago
Posts: 2,995
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverton345 View Post
Are there any new noises from the steering with the new system? I just had the same system installed and get low speed groaning/buzzing but not very loud. I’m only 50 miles in and fluid is full. Drive well though.
Once in while I get a very low whirring sound. That was around 50-75 miles in. Seems to be going away now.

Like you stated, drives well...really well.



-Steven
__________________
~2016 Hard Rock~Auto~4:88~JWSpeaker~Recon~Banks Ram-Air~~Mopar Performance BBK~MetalCloak 3.5" GC/Falcon 3.3~Method Race/OMF~37" MXT~TeraFlex HD Carrier~VPR 126-S-S~Warn M8000-S ~KMS Lo-Pro Mod~

+ To See What I'm Up To, Follow Me Here + https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5H...6XbFuakJem6TTw
Buildit is offline   Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 11:47 PM   #2841
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Mesa, Az
Posts: 773
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverton345 View Post
Are there any new noises from the steering with the new system? I just had the same system installed and get low speed groaning/buzzing but not very loud. I’m only 50 miles in and fluid is full. Drive well though.
Mine whirs really loud. If you have concerns you can call PSC. They say it isn't supposed to have noise.
AzScooter is offline   Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 01:18 AM   #2842
Jeeper
 
stitch1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 549
If you have a 4 wheel parts near you the G2 warranty is pretty hard to beat. They do cover bent flanges as well (I have already had one shaft replaced) Run by 4WPs have them verify and they will either swap it out with one in store or have one next day delivered. No charge no questions. Just a quick and easy process.

At least that has been my experience.
FLEX B likes this.
stitch1 is offline   Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 06:47 AM
Thread Starter
  #2843
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
Buildit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Chicago
Posts: 2,995
Quote:
Originally Posted by stitch1 View Post
If you have a 4 wheel parts near you the G2 warranty is pretty hard to beat. They do cover bent flanges as well (I have already had one shaft replaced) Run by 4WPs have them verify and they will either swap it out with one in store or have one next day delivered. No charge no questions. Just a quick and easy process.

At least that has been my experience.
Thanks stitch, I'm going ask them. Appreciate the info.


-Steven
__________________
~2016 Hard Rock~Auto~4:88~JWSpeaker~Recon~Banks Ram-Air~~Mopar Performance BBK~MetalCloak 3.5" GC/Falcon 3.3~Method Race/OMF~37" MXT~TeraFlex HD Carrier~VPR 126-S-S~Warn M8000-S ~KMS Lo-Pro Mod~

+ To See What I'm Up To, Follow Me Here + https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5H...6XbFuakJem6TTw
Buildit is offline   Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 08:07 AM   #2844
Professional Nap Taker

5-Year WF Supporting Member
::WF Moderator::
 
Blue Baby Sound's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Glenpool, OK (Tulsa)
Posts: 13,911
Don't rule out revolution, they're 4340 instead of 4140, US made and lifetime warranty that covers all failures

Quote:
Revolution Gear & Axle D44, 4340 Chrome-Moly US Made Rear Axle Kit for 07-15 Jeep Wrangler JK, Rubicon 32 Spline kit, fits Factory locker ONLY. All Revolution, rear axle kits come with the bearings seals and retainers 100% pressed together and ready to install and are backed by a comprehensive lifetime warranty that covers all failures including bent shafts. While other import manufacturers use 4140 Chrome-moly, Revolution Gear & Axles US Made axles utilize 4340 Chrome-Moly for maximum strength and a lifetime of trouble free performance. (Note: wheel studs are included in kit but not installed into the axles for safer transport. Install studs using red Loctite and torque to 90Ft-Lbs)
https://www.allensoffroad.com/Axles-...and-axle-RAK51
TakHardRock and FLEX B like this.
__________________
HERS-2018 JK- Gobi- (WOOKIEE) Build Thread
HIS- 2014 JKUR- Copperhead Pearl (BRUTUS) Build Thread
Retired 2016 JKWW- Firecracker Red (MAXIMUS)
Retired 2013 JKUS- White- (THOR)
Blue Baby Sound is online now   Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 08:19 AM
Thread Starter
  #2845
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
Buildit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Chicago
Posts: 2,995
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Baby Sound View Post
Don't rule out revolution, they're 4340 instead of 4140, US made and lifetime warranty that covers all failures



https://www.allensoffroad.com/Axles-...and-axle-RAK51
Thanks Jeff! Nice they come with bearings already pressed on ready to install. These look like some of the best I've seen.

Appreciate the help/insight buddy


-Steven
Blue Baby Sound likes this.
__________________
~2016 Hard Rock~Auto~4:88~JWSpeaker~Recon~Banks Ram-Air~~Mopar Performance BBK~MetalCloak 3.5" GC/Falcon 3.3~Method Race/OMF~37" MXT~TeraFlex HD Carrier~VPR 126-S-S~Warn M8000-S ~KMS Lo-Pro Mod~

+ To See What I'm Up To, Follow Me Here + https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5H...6XbFuakJem6TTw
Buildit is offline   Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 09:05 PM   #2846
Jeeper
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buildit View Post
I remember that! It did seem odd that the chipped spider gear occurred, given your mileage and use. Let me know what the shop finds.

I too am looking at axle shafts with bearings pre-installed so it should be a straight forward swap. This is what i am looking at: https://www.northridge4x4.com/part/a...-press-bearing


-Steven
Initial look after taking the diff cover off, the spider gears, ring gears all broken. Mechanic believes it could be bent axle shafts causing the spider gears to break and then causing the rest of the damage but hasn't pulled the shafts yet to be sure. Probably didn't help that I drove it that way for about 30 miles. In any case getting it fixed, should be back on the road early next week. 37s and XD229s are being delivered tomorrow, but I'm thinking, after 117000 miles on this guy, it may be time to see those new wheels and tires on a JLRU.
billybobjku is offline   Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 09:47 PM
Thread Starter
  #2847
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
Buildit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Chicago
Posts: 2,995
Quote:
Originally Posted by billybobjku View Post
Initial look after taking the diff cover off, the spider gears, ring gears all broken. Mechanic believes it could be bent axle shafts causing the spider gears to break and then causing the rest of the damage but hasn't pulled the shafts yet to be sure. Probably didn't help that I drove it that way for about 30 miles. In any case getting it fixed, should be back on the road early next week. 37s and XD229s are being delivered tomorrow, but I'm thinking, after 117000 miles on this guy, it may be time to see those new wheels and tires on a JLRU.
Wow, that is not good news. We're back to axle shafts again!

New JLRU? Yes please!


-Steven
FLEX B likes this.
__________________
~2016 Hard Rock~Auto~4:88~JWSpeaker~Recon~Banks Ram-Air~~Mopar Performance BBK~MetalCloak 3.5" GC/Falcon 3.3~Method Race/OMF~37" MXT~TeraFlex HD Carrier~VPR 126-S-S~Warn M8000-S ~KMS Lo-Pro Mod~

+ To See What I'm Up To, Follow Me Here + https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5H...6XbFuakJem6TTw
Buildit is offline   Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 06:16 AM   #2848
Jeeper
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buildit View Post
Wow, that is not good news. We're back to axle shafts again!

New JLRU? Yes please!


-Steven
Yeah been trying to get caught up on the JL Having put so much time, effort and dollars into the JK I didn't really pay to much attention to it.
billybobjku is offline   Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 08:17 AM
Thread Starter
  #2849
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
Buildit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Chicago
Posts: 2,995
Quote:
Originally Posted by billybobjku View Post
Yeah been trying to get caught up on the JL Having put so much time, effort and dollars into the JK I didn't really pay to much attention to it.
I had an opportunity to spend some time in and around Dixie's fully built JL1...pretty incredible! You can see and feel a level of refinement Jeep has built into the new JL. They got it right. I came away impressed.

If you get a chance, take a look at the video we did on JL1. I have it on the Blog


-Steven
__________________
~2016 Hard Rock~Auto~4:88~JWSpeaker~Recon~Banks Ram-Air~~Mopar Performance BBK~MetalCloak 3.5" GC/Falcon 3.3~Method Race/OMF~37" MXT~TeraFlex HD Carrier~VPR 126-S-S~Warn M8000-S ~KMS Lo-Pro Mod~

+ To See What I'm Up To, Follow Me Here + https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5H...6XbFuakJem6TTw
Buildit is offline   Quote
Old 06-15-2019, 09:16 PM
Thread Starter
  #2850
Supporting Member

WF Supporting Member
 
Buildit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Chicago
Posts: 2,995
This is looking promising...




-Steven

__________________
~2016 Hard Rock~Auto~4:88~JWSpeaker~Recon~Banks Ram-Air~~Mopar Performance BBK~MetalCloak 3.5" GC/Falcon 3.3~Method Race/OMF~37" MXT~TeraFlex HD Carrier~VPR 126-S-S~Warn M8000-S ~KMS Lo-Pro Mod~

+ To See What I'm Up To, Follow Me Here + https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5H...6XbFuakJem6TTw
Buildit is offline   Quote
Reply

« Copper Rubi build | - »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off






All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:28 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Jeep, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC