06 Jeep Wrangler SE 2.4L - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > TJ Jeep Wrangler Forum > TJ Build Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 02-08-2016, 05:51 PM
Thread Starter
  #1
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 96
06 Jeep Wrangler SE 2.4L

What's up guys here's my build. I'm running a stock lift with 33x12.5R15 Goodyear wrangler duratrac tires. After that I upgraded my gears in my stock Dana 35 rear axle to 4.88s in which later I find out that was probably a big mistake to the Jeep and my pocket. Anyways after that I bought a couple things that made him look nice and pretty like a cargo restraint net, barricade front bumper, 9500 pound winch, bikini top, angry eyes for the head lights, 2 light bars, a bestop frameless top, and red, white, and blue handles for the driver and passenger. 2 years later I bought a upgraded g2 Dana 44 rear axle assembly kit without lockers because my Dana 35 couldn't handle the 4.88 gears and shattered the gears twice costing me 1k every replacement so I finally gave up the second time and upgraded it which is probably the best idea I've had yet! I'll keep you guys updated on the mods I buy from here

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image_1454972476520.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	200.6 KB
ID:	2808025   Click image for larger version

Name:	image_1454972541820.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	107.6 KB
ID:	2808033  

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_1454972618802.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	106.8 KB
ID:	2808041   Click image for larger version

Name:	image_1454972643453.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	96.9 KB
ID:	2808049  

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_1454972699637.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	174.9 KB
ID:	2808057   Click image for larger version

Name:	image_1454972912573.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	156.4 KB
ID:	2808065  

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_1454973030831.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	156.2 KB
ID:	2808073  
Nicyutrick is offline   Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 04:54 PM   #2
Jeeper
 
Owen_TJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 4,883
Looks good - glad you got a new axle, definitely the better idea than doing anything to the d35

I'd get a lift on there to give yourself a bit more clearance for those tires...any kind of flex will damage those fenders

I've got a 4cyl as well so feel free to look through my build for any ideas...

good luck with the rest

__________________
My build thread

Highlights (sold)
6" combo lift, Ford 8.8, Chromoly front shafts, 4.88 gears, UCF Tummy Tuck, Cable shifter, SSSYE, Adams Shaft, Tube Fenders, Bilstein 5100's, 35" tires, Adjustable control arms, Durango box, Iron Rock steering, and lots more (with more to come).
Owen_TJ is offline   Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 04:01 PM   #3
Jeeper
 
LJMike66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 96
nice looking jeep
LJMike66 is offline   Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-11-2016, 07:31 PM
Thread Starter
  #4
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 96
Thanks guys, and I'll definitely take that into consideration Owen! I don't really want to get a lift because I swing it in dirt a lot so I want to reduce the roll as much as I can. I just need new metal fenders and sell these ones
Nicyutrick is offline   Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 02:07 PM   #5
Jeeper
 
Owen_TJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 4,883
you'll want to go with some arched fenders if you're not wanting to lift it, then...
__________________
My build thread

Highlights (sold)
6" combo lift, Ford 8.8, Chromoly front shafts, 4.88 gears, UCF Tummy Tuck, Cable shifter, SSSYE, Adams Shaft, Tube Fenders, Bilstein 5100's, 35" tires, Adjustable control arms, Durango box, Iron Rock steering, and lots more (with more to come).
Owen_TJ is offline   Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 05:21 PM   #6
Jeeper
 
Dsallows's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Fayetteville NC
Posts: 964
Quote:
Originally Posted by Owen_TJ View Post
you'll want to go with some arched fenders if you're not wanting to lift it, then...
X2, I have 33s and a 2 inch lift and my stock fenders are damaged as hell because I do a lot of flexing
__________________
04 Willys
Dsallows is offline   Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 03:36 AM   #7
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: los angeles
Posts: 418
hey i also have a 2.4 but its an 03 how was the power difference when you changed to 488 gears? gas increase/decrease power, hill highway climbing...?
ive been looking into going 33s and 488 also.
dean4537 is offline   Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 12:33 PM
Thread Starter
  #8
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by dean4537 View Post
hey i also have a 2.4 but its an 03 how was the power difference when you changed to 488 gears? gas increase/decrease power, hill highway climbing...?
ive been looking into going 33s and 488 also.
Oh man a lot of things changed and I love it. If you have a stock rear axle I suggest you buy a Dana 44 or higher than the stock because I blew my gears 3 times before I bought a new axle. The gears are too strong for it. Also power wise you have a crap load of torque. You have strong and fast low gears but your overall highway speed decreases in a way. When I'm rushed I can push about 85 with my speedometer reading 95 where it taps out. Gas mileage goes down as well because your using more gas to drive at higher gears. Climbing, I don't climb I drift lol. Overall outcome 1-10 I'm at a 9 with how satisfied I am. I just wish it went faster, but hey it's a Jeep! I would regear if I were you and you could afford it. I fill up once a week at about 35$
Nicyutrick is offline   Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 02:01 AM   #9
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: los angeles
Posts: 418
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicyutrick View Post
Oh man a lot of things changed and I love it. If you have a stock rear axle I suggest you buy a Dana 44 or higher than the stock because I blew my gears 3 times before I bought a new axle. The gears are too strong for it. Also power wise you have a crap load of torque. You have strong and fast low gears but your overall highway speed decreases in a way. When I'm rushed I can push about 85 with my speedometer reading 95 where it taps out. Gas mileage goes down as well because your using more gas to drive at higher gears. Climbing, I don't climb I drift lol. Overall outcome 1-10 I'm at a 9 with how satisfied I am. I just wish it went faster, but hey it's a Jeep! I would regear if I were you and you could afford it. I fill up once a week at about 35$
how much would you say it all costed you? the new axle and gears?
also im getting around 280 miles to a full tank right now with it being stock gears and 31s how much are you getting?
dean4537 is offline   Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 09:00 AM   #10
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 518
What caught fire? In your first picture.
rhysleo is offline   Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 06:36 PM
Thread Starter
  #11
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhysleo View Post
What caught fire? In your first picture.
Dry brush under my car from going through grass fields
Nicyutrick is offline   Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 12:54 PM
Thread Starter
  #12
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by dean4537 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicyutrick View Post
Oh man a lot of things changed and I love it. If you have a stock rear axle I suggest you buy a Dana 44 or higher than the stock because I blew my gears 3 times before I bought a new axle. The gears are too strong for it. Also power wise you have a crap load of torque. You have strong and fast low gears but your overall highway speed decreases in a way. When I'm rushed I can push about 85 with my speedometer reading 95 where it taps out. Gas mileage goes down as well because your using more gas to drive at higher gears. Climbing, I don't climb I drift lol. Overall outcome 1-10 I'm at a 9 with how satisfied I am. I just wish it went faster, but hey it's a Jeep! I would regear if I were you and you could afford it. I fill up once a week at about 35$
how much would you say it all costed you? the new axle and gears?
also im getting around 280 miles to a full tank right now with it being stock gears and 31s how much are you getting?
I'd say I get about 215-250 now with all of thisZ my rear end costed me 2500 which is a g2 rear axle with 4.88 gears in it. No lockers or anything.
Nicyutrick is offline   Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 02:55 PM   #13
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicyutrick View Post
I'd say I get about 215-250 now with all of thisZ my rear end costed me 2500 which is a g2 rear axle with 4.88 gears in it. No lockers or anything.
Where did you buy the G2 rear axle from? Only ones I can find have lockers in them.
Rven448 is offline   Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 12:40 PM
Thread Starter
  #14
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 96
I got it build on order by g2, but I went through 4 wheel parts. Then I picked it up from them

Nicyutrick is offline   Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off






All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:41 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, Gladiator, Mopar and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to FCA US LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with FCA US LLC.