33x12.5R15 Goodyear Duratracs installed pics & video - Page 100 - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK Pics Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Like Tree20Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 01-04-2016, 07:23 PM   #2971
Sponsoring Vendor
 
Discount Tire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: USA
Posts: 3,008
Just sent you a PM, @weswong

__________________
Low Prices! More Choices! Trusted Experts!
At The Store: discounttire.com
To Your Door: discounttiredirect.com
Discount Tire is offline   Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 12:06 AM   #2972
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Alabama
Posts: 31
** PSA - If you want this setup, DO NOT tell DTD it's for a Sport S with the 17" wheels - they will not sell them to you. They are for your Sahara, Rubicon, Sport base, etc. but not the Sport S **

I ran into the same issue mentioned by others when attempting to purchase "The Combo" from DTD. I have a 2016 Sport S and was told that because of the load requirement of the stock 17" wheels that come with the Sport S package, they were unable to sell me the 33x12.5R15 DuraTracs. I think it's pretty crazy, but I'm sure they have some sort of legal reason behind it.

That being said, Matt was pretty generous and offered to help me out with another option since they "couldn't" sell me the 15s. I know he was just doing his job and can't fault him for that. I looked into the possibility of going with the 16" wheels and 285/75R16 DuraTrac, but just kept going back to the 33x12.5R15.

I called back to DTD a little while later and spoke with another sales associate (knowing Matt was aware of my situation and in good conscience unable to sell me the setup I wanted). Rather than giving the associate the information for my Jeep, I gave him the information for my wife's Sahara, and purchased The Combo for "hers" instead. However, shortly after ordering I decided they would probably look better on mine and she would just have to wait

That being said, the wheels/tires arrived pretty quickly. I left work on my lunch break to install them. My first reaction was WOW! I looked through all 100 pages of pictures of this similar setup on other JKs and will agree with what others have said - the pictures absolutely don't do it justice. I know these aren't huge compared to the folks running 35s and up, but it looks infinitely better than stock and for the price it's hard to imagine anything else could come close.

Yes, it was a pain having to work around the load rating garbage, but I have bought from DTD before and will buy from them again. The service is fantastic and you can't beat their prices.

The JK is currently sitting at stock height. I have a Teraflex leveling kit in the house with the hopes of installing it this upcoming weekend. I had originally planned on installing the 2" front and 1" rear spacers, but after some measurements discovered that my front actually sits marginally higher than the rear. That being said, I am going to just go with the 1" front and rear until I upgrade the bumper and add a winch sometime down the road.

Without further adieu... pictures!







Stance looks MUCH better


Comparison with stock spare

AUtigersJKU is offline   Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 06:22 AM   #2973
Newb
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Wayne, Ohio
Posts: 12
2012 JK Sahara unlimited quote

DTD!

I sent a PM to you but I am not certain if it went through. Could you please send me quote for the following combo?

Thanks!

Hello,

I would like a quote for the following set of 5 wheel/tire combo with any available discounts/rebates. 15x8 DX4 7s wheels with 33x12.5x15 Duratracs. If possible please include a set of matching black lug nuts. My Jeep has the connectivity group on the display so could you also quote the TPMS for these as well. Mounted/balanced and shipped to either zip code 43466 or 43402. Could you also let me know what the recommended running pressure is on these? My stock setup is 34-35 I believe. Also please let me know if you offer any finance options. Thank you for your time!

Bart
B-man is offline   Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-05-2016, 01:15 PM   #2974
Sponsoring Vendor
 
Discount Tire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: USA
Posts: 3,008
Quote:
Originally Posted by B-man View Post
DTD!

I sent a PM to you but I am not certain if it went through. Could you please send me quote for the following combo?

Thanks!

Hello,

I would like a quote for the following set of 5 wheel/tire combo with any available discounts/rebates. 15x8 DX4 7s wheels with 33x12.5x15 Duratracs. If possible please include a set of matching black lug nuts. My Jeep has the connectivity group on the display so could you also quote the TPMS for these as well. Mounted/balanced and shipped to either zip code 43466 or 43402. Could you also let me know what the recommended running pressure is on these? My stock setup is 34-35 I believe. Also please let me know if you offer any finance options. Thank you for your time!

Bart
Thank you for your patience, Bart. We just replied to your PM

Thank you for the opportunity at your business!
__________________
Low Prices! More Choices! Trusted Experts!
At The Store: discounttire.com
To Your Door: discounttiredirect.com
Discount Tire is offline   Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 11:05 AM   #2975
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 73
Quick question

I got these a while back and have been fantastic

However, after around 26000 miles, the tread is begining to look fairly low and I notice the snow grip has dropped significantly

Just checked the Goodyear website and it appears they have a 50000 miles warranty for early wear

I have dropped an e-mail to Matt at DTD to see what I do from here

Any other suggestions - should I take them to a Goodyear dealership for them to look at?

These are the worst 2;






Thanks
Zorro69 is offline   Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 12:13 PM   #2976
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 73
And to confirm;
  • 5 Duratracs purchased (33x12.5x15)
  • Have used 4 of the 5 and 2 are looking a lot worse than the others
  • Regularly rotated

Purchased a DTD Warranty - not sure if this also provides some cover, but I should not have this level of wear after 26000 miles on a 50000 miles tire?

They are now providing very little grip on snow, which in NY at the moment, is not a good thing!!!
Zorro69 is offline   Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 01:56 PM   #2977
Jeeper
 
Espo78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Gainesville, Fl
Posts: 3,060
Yeah that looks terrible..did you rotate correctly?
__________________
Mike
2007 Wrangler X (sold)
1995 Wrangler Sahara
Espo78 is offline   Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 02:28 PM   #2978
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 73
I always rotate them using the X method - which I think is the correct way?

Good example of how I did them is here;



and they were always done around I would guess 4/5000 miles - every time I had an oil change

Strange thing is it is really only the 2 of them and not all 4 - seems pretty odd to me??

But the traction now after only about half the mileage warranty is a nightmare!!
Zorro69 is offline   Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 06:26 PM   #2979
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 82
I ordered "the combo" yesterday for my 2016 JKU that is still being built..I was impatient and knew I couldn't live with the van tires til they wore out.

My question is, has anyone done anything to blackout or change the red "level 8" center hubs? I tried searching and didn't have much luck.
My JKU will be Mojave Sand so I'm not sure about any red accents.
Hadoken is offline   Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 06:37 PM   #2980
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 73
Easy to black it out with some plasti dip and if you then change your mind............ Easy to remove ��
Zorro69 is offline   Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 08:46 AM   #2981
Jeeper
 
AU95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 151
Man - you all really need to realize how lucky you are to get this combo - it's not often you can gain so much tire diameter, width and aggressive tread without sacrificing much in the MPG department. I had to sell my 2012 JK Sport with the combo and went to a 4Runner. I was able to get 21.0MPG on the highway with the combo and about 17.5-18 in the city with my JK sport and combo. I looked into replicating the combo but found that most people who went with the Duratracs were losing at least 1MPG just in stock (265/70/17) and 2-3MPG when they went to a size that were actually smaller than the combo (285/70r17). I kept the 265 size on the 4Runner but with Hankooks and my city/highway is about 16/20.5 (17.5combined). I get that I don't drive a Prius but it was pretty sweet to be able to get my cake and eat it too. Anyways, it's toooooo laaaaaate for meeeee...enjoy your tires!
AU95 is offline   Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 08:47 AM   #2982
Jeeper
 
AU95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by AUtigersJKU View Post
** PSA - If you want this setup, DO NOT tell DTD it's for a Sport S with the 17" wheels - they will not sell them to you. They are for your Sahara, Rubicon, Sport base, etc. but not the Sport S **

I ran into the same issue mentioned by others when attempting to purchase "The Combo" from DTD. I have a 2016 Sport S and was told that because of the load requirement of the stock 17" wheels that come with the Sport S package, they were unable to sell me the 33x12.5R15 DuraTracs. I think it's pretty crazy, but I'm sure they have some sort of legal reason behind it.

That being said, Matt was pretty generous and offered to help me out with another option since they "couldn't" sell me the 15s. I know he was just doing his job and can't fault him for that. I looked into the possibility of going with the 16" wheels and 285/75R16 DuraTrac, but just kept going back to the 33x12.5R15.

I called back to DTD a little while later and spoke with another sales associate (knowing Matt was aware of my situation and in good conscience unable to sell me the setup I wanted). Rather than giving the associate the information for my Jeep, I gave him the information for my wife's Sahara, and purchased The Combo for "hers" instead. However, shortly after ordering I decided they would probably look better on mine and she would just have to wait

That being said, the wheels/tires arrived pretty quickly. I left work on my lunch break to install them. My first reaction was WOW! I looked through all 100 pages of pictures of this similar setup on other JKs and will agree with what others have said - the pictures absolutely don't do it justice. I know these aren't huge compared to the folks running 35s and up, but it looks infinitely better than stock and for the price it's hard to imagine anything else could come close.

Yes, it was a pain having to work around the load rating garbage, but I have bought from DTD before and will buy from them again. The service is fantastic and you can't beat their prices.

The JK is currently sitting at stock height. I have a Teraflex leveling kit in the house with the hopes of installing it this upcoming weekend. I had originally planned on installing the 2" front and 1" rear spacers, but after some measurements discovered that my front actually sits marginally higher than the rear. That being said, I am going to just go with the 1" front and rear until I upgrade the bumper and add a winch sometime down the road.

Without further adieu... pictures!







Stance looks MUCH better


Comparison with stock spare
War Eagle! Rig looks great!
AU95 is offline   Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 09:53 AM   #2983
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Alabama
Posts: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by AU95 View Post
War Eagle! Rig looks great!
Thanks man, I appreciate it. War Eagle to you as well!
AUtigersJKU is offline   Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 11:16 AM   #2984
Sponsoring Vendor
 
Discount Tire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: USA
Posts: 3,008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorro69 View Post
Quick question

I got these a while back and have been fantastic

However, after around 26000 miles, the tread is begining to look fairly low and I notice the snow grip has dropped significantly

Just checked the Goodyear website and it appears they have a 50000 miles warranty for early wear

I have dropped an e-mail to Matt at DTD to see what I do from here

Any other suggestions - should I take them to a Goodyear dealership for them to look at?

These are the worst 2;






Thanks
Thank you again for your patience, Zorro69. Just finished replying to your PM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadoken View Post
I ordered "the combo" yesterday for my 2016 JKU that is still being built..I was impatient and knew I couldn't live with the van tires til they wore out.
Thank you again for your support, Hadoken!
__________________
Low Prices! More Choices! Trusted Experts!
At The Store: discounttire.com
To Your Door: discounttiredirect.com
Discount Tire is offline   Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 10:43 AM   #2985
Supporting Member

5-Year WF Supporting Member
 
kenb1023's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Edgewood NM
Posts: 1,407
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorro69 View Post
Quick question

I got these a while back and have been fantastic

However, after around 26000 miles, the tread is begining to look fairly low and I notice the snow grip has dropped significantly

Just checked the Goodyear website and it appears they have a 50000 miles warranty for early wear

I have dropped an e-mail to Matt at DTD to see what I do from here

Any other suggestions - should I take them to a Goodyear dealership for them to look at?


Thanks
Wow... After 24,000 miles I still have about 80% of the original tread. Some ask me if I just put them on.
__________________
2007 Black JKU now known as the Black Mistress. Dynatrack PR 44 front w/RCV axles, 4:88 Gears, Eaton 4P E-Lockers, 3.5 MC Coil Lift with Adjustable CAs, Bilstein 5100 Series Shocks, 315/70/17 Micky Thompson ATZ-P3s on MB 11 wheels, XRC MOD front Bumper, Smitybilt X2O Comp 8000 Winch, LOD Gen 4 Rear Bumper, s-Pod Swith system, Amp Research Retractable Side Steps, Polly performance Suspension Bolt upgrade Superchip Programer and more
Member of New Mexico Jeep Group
kenb1023 is offline   Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 03:47 PM   #2986
Jeeper
 
SerenaT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Ionia Michigan
Posts: 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by AU95 View Post
War Eagle! Rig looks great!
what kind of wheels are those ?
SerenaT is offline   Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 05:16 PM   #2987
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Alabama
Posts: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by SerenaT View Post
what kind of wheels are those ?
Level 8 Trackers
AUtigersJKU is offline   Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 06:58 PM   #2988
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 82
Got my new wheels, new tires, delivered to my new garage.
All that's missing is my new Jeep..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0482.jpg
Views:	195
Size:	225.0 KB
ID:	2834385  
Hadoken is offline   Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 08:27 PM   #2989
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadoken View Post
Got my new wheels, new tires, delivered to my new garage.
All that's missing is my new Jeep..
Hope your Jeep isn't delivered downside up!
Attached Images
 
mogulracer is offline   Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 01:17 AM   #2990
Newb
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 14
Hey guys, quick question, which Gorilla lug locks will fit this combo ? Is it true the level 8 tracker lug holes are smaller then the stock rim ?

Gorilla Acorn:
Gorilla Automotive 41783Q-23 - Gorilla Automotive Products Acorn Style 3/4" Hex 1/2-20 Thread Wheel Installation Kit - Quadratec

Gorilla Spline
Gorilla Automotive 21783Q23BC - Gorilla Automotive Products Spline Drive Lug Nut Kit - Quadratec
Darkri is offline   Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 01:25 AM   #2991
Newb
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by hadoken View Post
got my new wheels, new tires, delivered to my new garage.
All that's missing is my new jeep..
:d:d:d
Darkri is offline   Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 02:22 PM   #2992
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 51
Feel like I need a lift now.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20160217_130429.jpg
Views:	304
Size:	222.3 KB
ID:	2840601  
swosanity likes this.
ronburgandy is offline   Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 02:33 PM   #2993
I drive Papa Smurf

WF Lifetime Member
WF Supporting Member
::WF Moderator::
 
Pressurized's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Gilbert, AZ
Posts: 14,307
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronburgandy View Post
Feel like I need a lift now.
That set up is great with the 1.5" Teraflex leveling kit! I wish the 15's didn't require the super low back spacing...
__________________
2006 LJ Rubicon - Solar Yellow - Very Stock'ish - The Press Casual LJ-R build
2012 JKU Sahara - Pro Comp LED Headlights - PRS Audio mod- SWS - GraBars - Bestop Cargo Cover
- Mopar 2" Frankenlift - Teraflex Falcon Shocks - RE TB/Brackets - JKS mount/Bilstein stabilizer -
Rugged Ridge XHD
bumper - Yukon Gears - G2 Diff Covers - Pro Comp 8186 - Milestar Patagonia 35's - Teraflex BRK
- TORQ Locker - 1310 Driveshaft - PowerTrax Grip Pro - Full Core 4x4 Control Arms and Track Bars
Pressurized is offline   Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 03:15 PM   #2994
Sponsoring Vendor
 
Discount Tire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: USA
Posts: 3,008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkri View Post
Hey guys, quick question, which Gorilla lug locks will fit this combo ? Is it true the level 8 tracker lug holes are smaller then the stock rim ?

Gorilla Acorn:
Gorilla Automotive 41783Q-23 - Gorilla Automotive Products Acorn Style 3/4" Hex 1/2-20 Thread Wheel Installation Kit - Quadratec

Gorilla Spline
Gorilla Automotive 21783Q23BC - Gorilla Automotive Products Spline Drive Lug Nut Kit - Quadratec
Replied to your PM earlier, Darkri.

For those curious, both kits listed above work with the Tracker
__________________
Low Prices! More Choices! Trusted Experts!
At The Store: discounttire.com
To Your Door: discounttiredirect.com
Discount Tire is offline   Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 03:18 PM   #2995
Sponsoring Vendor
 
Discount Tire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: USA
Posts: 3,008
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronburgandy View Post
Feel like I need a lift now.
I think your rig looks great as is but like Pressurized noted, a 1.5-inch lift will do the trick.
__________________
Low Prices! More Choices! Trusted Experts!
At The Store: discounttire.com
To Your Door: discounttiredirect.com
Discount Tire is offline   Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 03:34 AM   #2996
Jeeper
 
sledder2006's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronburgandy View Post
Feel like I need a lift now.
Here is mine with a 1.75 leveling kit to give you an idea what it would look like with your wheels and tires.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	12458777_10153424271968235_2002946987_o.jpg
Views:	298
Size:	122.8 KB
ID:	2841881  
__________________
2014 Willys Wheeler, Rancho 2 inch progressive 9000 shocks, 1 inch Terraflex spacers all around. 285/75r17 Toyo Open Country Extremes on factory Willys wheels. Lx-Light headlights and fogs (do not waste your money on these}
sledder2006 is offline   Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 07:42 AM   #2997
Jeeper
 
Billetjksport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 891
DTD- can I please get a quote for (5) 15x8 level 8 trackers with and GY Duratracs w/ tpms- and whichever of the offsets sits further out from the hub ( I think it's the -30 but correct me if I'm wrong) Shipped to 30066. Thanks
Billetjksport is offline   Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 12:54 PM   #2998
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by sledder2006 View Post
Here is mine with a 1.75 leveling kit to give you an idea what it would look like with your wheels and tires.
looks awesome thanks.
ronburgandy is offline   Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 04:40 PM   #2999
Sponsoring Vendor
 
Discount Tire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: USA
Posts: 3,008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billetjksport View Post
DTD- can I please get a quote for (5) 15x8 level 8 trackers with and GY Duratracs w/ tpms- and whichever of the offsets sits further out from the hub ( I think it's the -30 but correct me if I'm wrong) Shipped to 30066. Thanks
Replied to your PM not too long ago. Thank you for your patience.
__________________
Low Prices! More Choices! Trusted Experts!
At The Store: discounttire.com
To Your Door: discounttiredirect.com
Discount Tire is offline   Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 01:28 AM   #3000
Newb
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 14
Hi guys need a little help here...

I ordered the level 8 tracker combo with the TPMS sensor from DTD,was told the senors will be detected by the system automatically, However after a week of driving. (@29-30 psi) the tire pressure light still appears on the dashboard. I thought spending the extra money on the senor would take care the problem, well... anything I could do to fix this? Thanks in advance

Darkri is offline   Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
CB installed pics Seryoga Communications and Electronics 8 12-03-2007 09:51 AM
A-Z Rockers installed Pics BILLG TJ Pics Forum 11 02-11-2007 09:17 PM
pics and a video Wheeling in Australia H.G On The Trail 11 07-01-2006 10:44 PM
Pics and video from last weekends run. Hackle On The Trail 7 06-05-2006 06:20 PM
No Pics but a video Hackle On The Trail 6 05-20-2006 08:27 PM





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:46 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, Gladiator, Mopar and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to FCA US LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with FCA US LLC.