Before and after pics - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK Pics Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Like Tree61Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 05-09-2017, 12:43 AM
Thread Starter
  #1
Jeeper
 
Tygurl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Tucson
Posts: 26
Before and after pics

Absolutely love my jeep. Parts of me wants to stop with the mods, and then it happens... that late night googling....I always find something I want to change. Some people are addicted to crack or caffiene, I'm addicted to my jeep. Lol
First picture is how I bought. Second picture is how it looks now. I'll try to take more pics Thursday when I have more time. These are the only pics I have my jeep right now.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20170405_235311.jpg
Views:	493
Size:	222.1 KB
ID:	3583106   Click image for larger version

Name:	20170405_235220.jpg
Views:	509
Size:	225.3 KB
ID:	3583114  

Tygurl is offline   Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 11:16 PM   #2
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Montville, NJ
Posts: 429
Love that color! Looking good!
My before n after:




Psycho1000R is offline   Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 11:50 PM
Thread Starter
  #3
Jeeper
 
Tygurl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Tucson
Posts: 26
Psycho1000R ....WOW that is one TOUGH looking jeep. Total envy! Love the front bumper
Tygurl is offline   Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 05-09-2017, 11:58 PM   #4
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Just outside of Toronto
Posts: 581
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tygurl View Post
Absolutely love my jeep. Parts of me wants to stop with the mods, and then it happens... that late night googling....I always find something I want to change. Some people are addicted to crack or caffiene, I'm addicted to my jeep. Lol
First picture is how I bought. Second picture is how it looks now. I'll try to take more pics Thursday when I have more time. These are the only pics I have my jeep right now.
I think your pictures are backwards??? Otherwise your modding back to stock. Although both look great ! Ps I like the line "late night googling"
Tygurl likes this.
Gman canadian is offline   Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 12:33 AM
Thread Starter
  #5
Jeeper
 
Tygurl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Tucson
Posts: 26
when I bought it, it already had alot of mods on it. It was at a 3 inch lift, but I wanted to go higher. I'm at 4.5 right now. I did away with the 20 inch wheels... wasn't a fan of it being on 37's.... maybe 38's and definitely on 40's.

The 2 pics I posted, are the only ones I have in the same stance. I should take more pics of the jeep.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FullSizeR2.jpg
Views:	421
Size:	229.0 KB
ID:	3584282   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG9598941.jpg
Views:	401
Size:	222.6 KB
ID:	3584290  

Tygurl is offline   Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 12:37 AM   #6
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Just outside of Toronto
Posts: 581
Looks good what wheels did you go with?
Tygurl likes this.
Gman canadian is offline   Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 12:47 AM
Thread Starter
  #7
Jeeper
 
Tygurl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Tucson
Posts: 26
I had to look at the receipt..."Fuel Krank"
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20170509-214613.jpg
Views:	334
Size:	175.3 KB
ID:	3584354  
Tygurl is offline   Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 12:57 AM
Thread Starter
  #8
Jeeper
 
Tygurl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Tucson
Posts: 26
Not quite sure how to post what all I've had done.... I'm sure if I did, it wouldn't make sense. I took a pic of the receipt of what I've had done thus far. But I'm looking for more space between the tire and the fender. Looking at what my options would be, if any at all.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20170509_215456.jpg
Views:	380
Size:	157.2 KB
ID:	3584370  
RemiR. likes this.
Tygurl is offline   Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 06:22 AM   #9
Newb
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 6
Sweet ride. I too love those wheels.
Tygurl likes this.
hawkdriver_21 is offline   Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 08:18 AM   #10
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Montville, NJ
Posts: 429
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tygurl View Post
Psycho1000R ....WOW that is one TOUGH looking jeep. Total envy! Love the front bumper
Thanks! taking off all that chrome was a chore! I hate chrome!
Bumpers a Rampage I got for dirt cheap.

So you took the NX top off and put hard top on or are your pictures flipped? Lol
Looks good both ways!
I might be transferring to Tucson or Phoenix , maybe I'll see ya around !

Oh and I think we're all guilty of late night googling, craigslisting and forum browsing. It's like my before I go to sleep ritual lol.
Tygurl likes this.
Psycho1000R is offline   Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 12:35 AM
Thread Starter
  #11
Jeeper
 
Tygurl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Tucson
Posts: 26
I had to take the soft top off, it kept leaking every time I washed the jeep. The friend who put it on said he could look at it, but I felt like it was a nuisance to keep bothering him to help. So I decided to put the hard top back on. I'm wanting to do more to my rig, but my upcoming knee surgery has put a halt to it.
Tygurl is offline   Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 04:55 AM   #12
Jeeper
 
HillsToRivers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Mesa, Arizona
Posts: 71
Here is my Before/After. Still has some mods to go but the "major" ones are taken care of.

Love your jeep and glad to see another Arizona Jeeper!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	15800299_1472204422823985_5616681562973010010_o.jpg
Views:	327
Size:	210.5 KB
ID:	3585986   Click image for larger version

Name:	18320620_1618295711548188_6449926596553937941_o.jpg
Views:	365
Size:	230.0 KB
ID:	3585994  

u_konreaper, Tygurl and 79beckmatt like this.
HillsToRivers is offline   Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 06:46 PM   #13
Newb
 
Crashu81's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 3
My Rubi before and after! Mopar 4" lift TeraFlex Speed Bumps Toyo Open Country 35 x 12.50's! Bumpers lights wench next!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1984_1494542512917.jpg
Views:	304
Size:	171.8 KB
ID:	3586850   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2044_1494542555768.jpg
Views:	295
Size:	137.6 KB
ID:	3586858  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2045_1494542599817.jpg
Views:	293
Size:	146.5 KB
ID:	3586866   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2046_1494542717385.jpg
Views:	285
Size:	169.1 KB
ID:	3586874  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2047_1494542761521.jpg
Views:	298
Size:	123.8 KB
ID:	3586882  
Tygurl likes this.
Crashu81 is offline   Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 07:00 PM   #14
Newb
 
Crashu81's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 3
Only one before! LOL! ??
Crashu81 is offline   Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 07:04 PM   #15
Jeeper
 
RHD41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Upstate New York
Posts: 27
08 Jk Right-Hand Drive
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1113_1494543862906.jpg
Views:	301
Size:	155.9 KB
ID:	3586890   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1207_1494543877955.jpg
Views:	247
Size:	54.4 KB
ID:	3586898  

RHD41 is offline   Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 01:33 AM
Thread Starter
  #16
Jeeper
 
Tygurl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Tucson
Posts: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho1000R View Post
Thanks! taking off all that chrome was a chore! I hate chrome!
Bumpers a Rampage I got for dirt cheap.

So you took the NX top off and put hard top on or are your pictures flipped? Lol
Looks good both ways!
I might be transferring to Tucson or Phoenix , maybe I'll see ya around !

Oh and I think we're all guilty of late night googling, craigslisting and forum browsing. It's like my before I go to sleep ritual lol.
Awesome if you're in Tucson hit me up.
Tygurl is offline   Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 01:44 AM
Thread Starter
  #17
Jeeper
 
Tygurl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Tucson
Posts: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkdriver_21 View Post
Sweet ride. I too love those wheels.

Thank you.... the pic I posted is exactly what I want my rig to look like. I'm at 37' 13.50 18. The tires on the pic are 38 15.50 20....a friend said going from 37 to 38 won't be much of a difference. But I'm for sure that my wheel set up doesn't look like that. I'm thinking there has to be a difference???

With all I would need to do.... going back to 20's along with tires...geez that's alot. But I have a feeling I may stick with the 18's bc ill need to do alot of work on the jeep just to be able to handle those tires.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20170429_083416.jpg
Views:	339
Size:	210.3 KB
ID:	3587250  
Tygurl is offline   Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 08:44 AM   #18
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Montville, NJ
Posts: 429
If you plan on doing all that, you'll at minimum need a beefed up d44 up front. I would love to go 37s but I don't feel like dealing with all the additional headaches that come with the territory.

But dam that pic is sexy AF!
Tygurl likes this.
Psycho1000R is offline   Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 03:46 PM   #19
Hye Climber in Chief

5-Year WF Supporting Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: L.A.
Posts: 251
yeah OP, your "before" looks like more like an "after." Nice looking rig. I'll play on this fine Friday.

Before: Got 'er new. Only mods were the hinge covers and the black Mopar grille...definitely started with Form>Function...


Current....

Tygurl likes this.
HyeClmr is offline   Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 03:52 PM   #20
Jeeper
 
Jkhardrock16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Baton Rouge
Posts: 239
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyeClmr View Post
yeah OP, your "before" looks like more like an "after." Nice looking rig. I'll play on this fine Friday.

Before: Got 'er new. Only mods were the hinge covers and the black Mopar grille...definitely started with Form>Function...


Current....

What flares are those?
__________________
2016, Granite Crystal, JKUHR. Metal cloak overland touring lift rocksport edition. Grabars, Bootbars, Quick release mirrors, drake hood latches, Grill mesh, tuffy security deck, bestop mesh bikini top, Maximus 3 lp hoop.
Jkhardrock16 is offline   Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 05:08 PM   #21
Jeeper
 
FJNOMO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 286
Purchase Day


Today


sppoteat likes this.
__________________
2014 Willys JKU
A few parts and thangs.
FJNOMO is offline   Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 06:57 PM   #22
Hye Climber in Chief

5-Year WF Supporting Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: L.A.
Posts: 251
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkhardrock16 View Post
What flares are those?
Bushwacker flat fenders (in plastic). They're available in aluminum now. These are the fenders Mopar has rebranded under its own name.
HyeClmr is offline   Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 07:31 PM   #23
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Salt Lake City
Posts: 209
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tygurl View Post
Thank you.... the pic I posted is exactly what I want my rig to look like. I'm at 37' 13.50 18. The tires on the pic are 38 15.50 20....a friend said going from 37 to 38 won't be much of a difference. But I'm for sure that my wheel set up doesn't look like that. I'm thinking there has to be a difference???

With all I would need to do.... going back to 20's along with tires...geez that's alot. But I have a feeling I may stick with the 18's bc ill need to do alot of work on the jeep just to be able to handle those tires.
I think your Jeep already looks great! Awesome rig.

I understand wanting to go with bigger tires. I'm on 37's and wished I could have gone 38's but I would not have been able to get into the parking garage at my work (I already lightly hit the warning bar as it is, inflated tires at 28 lbs, at 33 lbs hit hits a bit too hard, but Jeep rides better and chalk tests at 28 lbs so 28 it is).

Speaking of which, it looks like you are already cutting it pretty close with your garage on your 37's. How much room do you have to spare?
Tygurl likes this.
Ugoderosa is offline   Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 08:46 PM
Thread Starter
  #24
Jeeper
 
Tygurl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Tucson
Posts: 26
Ok so I started my search.... I'm obviously gonna need a Dana 44 upfront, would that also be in the rears as well? My first search, I got conflicting amounts to how much it would cost. I just about sh^%$t my pants when I saw one for 2559.00. And that's just for one axle. I'm still looking at getting one for the rear, along with regearing, that is gonna be about 2k I hear... huge brake set, along with truss and c gusset....I haven't searched the cost on the rest. Lol too damn scared to. I was told that I could get that look if I did everything properly but he told me that he would be expensive I just didn't realize how expensive. I'll stay positive.... I'm gonna do it.... But it's gonna have to be in baby steps. But I agree the jeep has the look I want.... all of my friends that see the pic all say, "yup this is your jeep"
Always been a car girl, but I will say of all the cars and trucks I've owned.... the jeep by far has been the most expensive one
1300233 likes this.
Tygurl is offline   Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 08:51 PM
Thread Starter
  #25
Jeeper
 
Tygurl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Tucson
Posts: 26
I can't be for certain, but yeah I'm cutting it close. My delimma, do I want it to fit or do I wanna go bigger? My fav jeep from what I'm told is only at 4 inch lift, but is able to fit the 38's bc it has bushwhacker flat fenders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ugoderosa View Post
I think your Jeep already looks great!
Awesome rig.

I understand wanting to go with bigger tires. I'm on 37's and wished I could have gone 38's but I would not have been able to get into the parking garage at my work (I already lightly hit the warning bar as it is, inflated tires at 28 lbs, at 33 lbs hit hits a bit too hard, but Jeep rides better and chalk tests at 28 lbs so 28 it is).

Speaking of which, it looks like you are already cutting it pretty close with your garage on your 37's. How much room do you have to spare?
Tygurl is offline   Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 08:55 PM
Thread Starter
  #26
Jeeper
 
Tygurl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Tucson
Posts: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by HillsToRivers View Post
Here is my Before/After. Still has some mods to go but the "major" ones are taken care of.

Love your jeep and glad to see another Arizona Jeeper!
You're jeep looks awesome!
HillsToRivers likes this.
Tygurl is offline   Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 09:22 PM
Thread Starter
  #27
Jeeper
 
Tygurl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Tucson
Posts: 26
I spoke to a friend who is in the same jeep club, he told me that I already have a Dana 44 bc it's a Rubicon. (Feel like an idiot) so could I just add the truss and c gusset to strengthen ?
Tygurl is offline   Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 12:21 AM   #28
Newb
 
bigred2.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Corona, Ca
Posts: 7
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3881960474.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	130.7 KB
ID:	3589658
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2697418420.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	129.9 KB
ID:	3589650  
bigred2.0 is offline   Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 03:42 AM   #29
Jeeper
 
n3tfury's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Tucson, AZ
Posts: 3,976
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tygurl View Post
I spoke to a friend who is in the same jeep club, he told me that I already have a Dana 44 bc it's a Rubicon. (Feel like an idiot) so could I just add the truss and c gusset to strengthen ?
Yes, but I wouldn't go anything over 37 or 38's. 40's is definitely not recommended on stock axles, regardless of truss and gussets. And if you thought $3K was expensive for one D44 axle, take a look at D60's and D80's. Ouch.

If you don't plan on actually going offroad, your setup will "work" for 40's, but you'll still be chewing up parts even faster (ball joints, steering linkage, unit bearings, steering pump, etc.) not to mention that quality 40's are significantly more expensive than the same brand in 37's.
Tygurl likes this.
__________________
.:: 2014 Anvil JKUR | 3.5 Metalcloak | 37" Cooper STT Pros | Teraflex HD Tire carrier | LOD Crawler front bumper | SPod | PowerTank ::.
n3tfury is offline   Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 07:19 PM   #30
219
Jeeper
 
219's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Crown Point, IN
Posts: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashu81 View Post
My Rubi before and after! Mopar 4" lift TeraFlex Speed Bumps Toyo Open Country 35 x 12.50's! Bumpers lights wench next!
that bumpstop is making me nervous, is it farther than it looks in this pic?

219 is offline   Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off






All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:51 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, Gladiator, Mopar and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to FCA US LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with FCA US LLC.