04-22-2010, 12:59 PM
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Reynoldsburg, Ohio
Here's what i do.
1) get a speaker you know (100%) works. use that test speaker to test wires @ the music bar. (could be a front speaker if it's working and easy to remove)
if the test speaker works on both sides replace speakers, problem solved
2) if still nothing then go to radio. is it factory or aftermarket?
if it's aftermarket your Green, Green/black & Purple, Purple/black are your rear speaker outputs on the radio. use that test speaker and test the outputs of radio. if they work then have @ least a issue w/ wires between radio & Music bar. still pretty easy fix run new wires.
3) if still nothing then probably have @ least a bad radio. and would need to be replaced
to test your speakers that you removed. you will need a couple things.
1) use a multi meter and test ohm load of speaker, normal ohm load is 4 in cars, though some special factory systems will use different ohm loads, alot of times it's shown on magnet of speaker. when you test speaker you should be close to that listed load.
2) on a radio that you know works hook up speaker if it plays then your fine
if not then probably blow.
95 YJ, 4" suspension lift, 32's, 2.5l 4 cyl (350 built and waiting to be installed in spring, along with ford 8.8 rear end)