Amplifier mounting - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > General Jeep Discussions > Communications and Electronics

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Four_Stroke
  • 1 Post By Four_Stroke
  • 1 Post By Four_Stroke
  • 1 Post By jaysong
Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 08-18-2019, 01:31 AM
Thread Starter
  #1
Newb
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 4
Amplifier mounting

Just wanted to get some quick opinions, I’m going to be installing an amplifier in my 2door jk and wanted to know of any good places. I want to mount it on the wall in between the front passenger seat belt and rear wheel well. My floor gets wet a lot so I want to avoid any possible mishaps. I’m open to any and all suggestions.
Thanks in advance!

Jtumilty is offline   Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 06:49 AM   #2
Supporting Member

5-Year WF Supporting Member
 
jaysong's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Prior Lake
Posts: 1,039
What size amp are you installing? My sub amp is behind the glove box and my other 4 channel is on the drvier's side behind the front speaker in the dash. This is the factory location for the Alpine amp on my on my 2014 JKU. I removed the factory amp and replaced it. (Rockford Fosgate PBR400X4D and PBR500X1)

jaysong is offline   Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 08:22 AM   #3
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Detroit
Posts: 60
I fabed an aluminum plate bent into an upside down U-shape to mount my amp underneath the passenger seat and the plate allows it to seat up in the seat cushion area away form the floor. the plate attaches to the seat between the frame and slide rails. This is on a JKU. I also have Bestop Lock boxes underneath both front seats and the amp sits 1in above the box.
sti40 likes this.
Four_Stroke is offline   Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 08-20-2019, 10:24 AM   #4
Jeeper
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Four_Stroke View Post
I fabed an aluminum plate bent into an upside down U-shape to mount my amp underneath the passenger seat and the plate allows it to seat up in the seat cushion area away form the floor. the plate attaches to the seat between the frame and slide rails. This is on a JKU. I also have Bestop Lock boxes underneath both front seats and the amp sits 1in above the box.


Do you have pictures of this? I have the boxes under my seats as well and have been trying figure out a solution. This sounds amazing.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
sti40 is offline   Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 06:29 AM   #5
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Detroit
Posts: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by sti40 View Post
Do you have pictures of this? I have the boxes under my seats as well and have been trying figure out a solution. This sounds amazing.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I will get some pics later today. I did not do a very good job of pics during assembly as I wanted to get it installed ASAP lol
sti40 likes this.
Four_Stroke is offline   Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 06:26 PM   #6
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Detroit
Posts: 60
Do you have pictures of this? I have the boxes under my seats as well and have been trying figure out a solution. This sounds amazing.


Here are some pics, if you look carefully you will see the bracket bent around the amp which is a kenwood 900w 4channel amp. I did raise the pass seat up 7/8in with aluminum spacers that I made myself. It works out because my wife is also vertically challenged...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190821_152939_1566429760388.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	100.0 KB
ID:	4170933   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190821_152947_1566429777250.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	86.7 KB
ID:	4170935  

Click image for larger version

Name:	20190821_153041_1566429797910.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	132.3 KB
ID:	4170937   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190821_153021_1566429811146.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	142.1 KB
ID:	4170939  

Click image for larger version

Name:	20190821_153000_1566429831249.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	184.6 KB
ID:	4170941  
sti40 likes this.
__________________
2018 JKU Altitude - Tyr
Four_Stroke is offline   Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 07:57 AM   #7
Supporting Member

5-Year WF Supporting Member
 
jaysong's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Prior Lake
Posts: 1,039
Quote:
Originally Posted by sti40 View Post
Do you have pictures of this? I have the boxes under my seats as well and have been trying figure out a solution. This sounds amazing.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What amp are you looking to install? How big? Personally I drive topless and door-less all summer time and do water crossings as well. That is the reason I do not install electronics low in my Jeeps. If you have not purchased an amp yet there are many that will fit up in the dash. If you do not remove your hard top or will not do water crossings then your chance of soaking your radio gear is pretty small.
jaysong is offline   Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 03:07 PM   #8
Jeeper
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysong View Post
What amp are you looking to install? How big? Personally I drive topless and door-less all summer time and do water crossings as well. That is the reason I do not install electronics low in my Jeeps. If you have not purchased an amp yet there are many that will fit up in the dash. If you do not remove your hard top or will not do water crossings then your chance of soaking your radio gear is pretty small.


Iím not sure yet. Iíve been looking at Rockford PBR400x4D. It would probably fit in the dash if I can find a spot. Unfortunately, mine doesnít have a factory amp or I would use that bracket. I think it out fit in that spot.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
sti40 is offline   Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 03:57 PM   #9
Jeeper
 
pkdailey4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Alameda, California
Posts: 429
I mounted my amplifiers on the backside of my Tuffy security enclosure all safe and sound. https://www.tuffyproducts.com/p-446-...2011-2018.aspx
__________________
Chrysler POS
pkdailey4 is offline   Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 06:42 PM   #10
Supporting Member

5-Year WF Supporting Member
 
jaysong's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Prior Lake
Posts: 1,039
Quote:
Originally Posted by sti40 View Post
Iím not sure yet. Iíve been looking at Rockford PBR400x4D. It would probably fit in the dash if I can find a spot. Unfortunately, mine doesnít have a factory amp or I would use that bracket. I think it out fit in that spot.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes. My PBR400x4D fit there perfectly. I have a my PBR500x1 behind the glove box powering my subs. The PBR500x1 is about an 1.5" longer than the PBR400x4D. You should be able to mount there just to the drives side of the cabin air filters. The PBR400x4D is an awesome little amp. I love have how Rockford puts the true power on the sheet they send the amps. Mine was 132 watts front L/R and 127 watts rear L/R.
sti40 likes this.
jaysong is offline   Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 06:49 PM   #11
Supporting Member

5-Year WF Supporting Member
 
jaysong's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Prior Lake
Posts: 1,039
Quote:
Originally Posted by pkdailey4 View Post
I mounted my amplifiers on the backside of my Tuffy security enclosure all safe and sound. https://www.tuffyproducts.com/p-446-...2011-2018.aspx
I considered that when doing mine. So your amps are on the seat side? Any pics? I ended up with two physically small amps so I was able to fit in the dash. How did you run your power lines? What amps are you running? Did you pull new speaker wires to the speakers? I love see how others setup there stuff.
jaysong is offline   Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 10:23 PM   #12
Jeeper
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 117
Amplifier mounting

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysong View Post
Yes. My PBR400x4D fit there perfectly. I have a my PBR500x1 behind the glove box powering my subs. The PBR500x1 is about an 1.5" longer than the PBR400x4D. You should be able to mount there just to the drives side of the cabin air filters. The PBR400x4D is an awesome little amp. I love have how Rockford puts the true power on the sheet they send the amps. Mine was 132 watts front L/R and 127 watts rear L/R.


Iíll be picking one up as soon as Crutchfield has them back in stock and go with a Rockford P300-12 for the sub. I like the powered sub option for easy removal when I need the cargo space.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

sti40 is offline   Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off






All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:28 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Jeepģ, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC