02-14-2020, 10:34 AM
WF approved Offical Jeep Account.
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Mopar World Headquarters, Center Line, MI
Originally Posted by bdog22
Tried everything I could find so turning to you all at this point.
Went to the gym this morning, no issues, radio ran fine (note it was raining out, but I have 0 leaks or anything of the like in the JKU).
Turned it on to leave and all was dead, no lights or anything, so when I go home I opened up the dash. At this point here is what I have going on.
- Maestro is blinking 2 red lights (communication error). I've reflashed it twice to no avail, reset it... Seems to be working but I'm not ruling that out 100%
- Tried jiggling the key, disconnecting the battery (for long periods of time) nothing, same, just one dead radio and a blinking maestro
- Plugged in the old stereo (OEM) lights came on for the clock (no way to play anything but it seemed to be working (better than my Pioneer at this point)
- I've checked the wiring and nothing looks fried damaged, etc. All seems to be connected the same (I soldered and put heat shrink on everything so I'm confident nothing jiggled apart, especially from sitting in the parking lot)
- Checked the fuses, unplugged, replugged all looked good.
Outside of a randomly dead stereo, anything I'm missing here?
I can see why this might be a frustrating situation for you and your Wrangler. Have you had a chance to address this with your dealer yet? If you plan on making an appointment to diagnose your vehicle, feel free to send us a PM for additional assistance.