Been working on the install for the pass six hours since the kids went to bed and now delirious and exhausted....not to mention frustrated beyond belief
Quick history. Recently purchased a jku 2011 and decided to upgrade the stock stereo so that I could get Bluetooth and gps. Even though I have no experience or knowledge about stereos, with all the YouTube and forum info decided to give it a go
Purchased the pioneer avic 5100nex, pac harness, antenna and lightning cable for my iPhone
Followed all the instructions to the best of my ability and got it all setup and working.....expect for the lack of sound
Not sure what I did wrong so went over all the instructions again
Noticed that with the pac harness that I should be hooking up the aftermarket front speakers with the harnesses back speaker wires IF I have an amp
This is how clueless I am with these things.......I don't even know if I have an amp (factory). I know my jeep comes with the subwoofer in the trunk so decided that maybe info have it? And proceeded to re arrange my wiring to the harness.
Plugged it back into the jeep and sure enough still no sound
Not sure what I'm doing wrong but I'll describe all the things that I might be screwing up on and hoping and praying that someone will see the stupid mistake/s I made and correct me
1) first hooked all front and back speaker wires together, plugged in and got no sound despite other functions working
2) rewired assuming I had an amp but still no sound
3) noticed that for the pac harness instructions there was a blue and white wire for powering the amp, so I connected it to the only other wire that kinda made sense on the pioneer side, the blue and white wire which was for system remote control. Still no sound
4)plugged the old head unit back in to make sure I didn't kill anything, sound works no problem
Here are my questions
1) how do I get sound and what did I do wrong from what I've managed to describe?
2) another thing that I be had an issue with is the steering wheel function. From the pac harness I had plugged the jack into the "wired remote" socket of the pioneer but it didn't give me steering wheel fxns
Not sure what I'm supposed to do. Off the harness for the steering wheel functions there is the jack and also a blue and yellow wire
According to the pac instructions, for the pioneer I'm supposed to use the jack. I'm assuming I should be putting it in the wired remote socket for the pioneer but clearly I'm wrong here too
3). Lastly assuming all you tech experts ( compared to me) can help me figure out the above two, my last questions are where is the best place to position the mic and where is the best place to place the gps antenna?
I've rambled enough and hopefully while typing on my phone half asleep I've made enough sense to get some help
Thanks to all reading this and I'll keep my figures crossed