Extreme Terrain frustration part II - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > Vendors > ExtremeTerrain.com

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Like Tree30Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 01-03-2018, 11:18 AM
Thread Starter
  #1
Jeeper
 
USStrongman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: West Texas & Yellowstone
Posts: 2,051
Extreme Terrain frustration part II

So I placed faith back in ET after a nice and apologetic PM from @XTJake . I place an order last Wed night with 3 days shipping and all products were in stock at the time of order.

#1 is delivered yesterday. box is beat to shit and someone added more cardboard to it trying to repair it. Hardware, parts list, instructions all missing. they are arranging for a UPS pick up (they wanted me to repair the box, attempt to make it functional again and take it to UPS which is 30 minutes from me) but after some discussion, they are coming to me, hopefully. If I am lucky, my 3 day shipping will be 11-12 days.

#2 is no where to be found. Not at ET. UPS has not updated their "tracking info" is the excuse I get (UPS shows they are still waiting to receive the item) and ironically... when I ordered it, it was in stock. Now, ironically, it is out of stock.

#3 still shows processing, a week later for an in stock item, on 3 day shipping. I am told it was back ordered (though it was not on their website last Wed) and "should" be going out today.

What I really hate about this is ET has the cleanest and most comprehensive website, ordering system, product lines, online customer service people. But their execution has once again proven abhorrent.

And yes, I have kept copies of all transcripts from my discussions with customer service. No he said, she said. Its black and white.

USStrongman is offline   Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 11:24 AM   #2
Supporting Member

5-Year WF Supporting Member
 
RubiconSS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 16,252
Sounds like "ET needs to phone home" ....

I know it's a tough time of year but.... it's not like Christmas was just invented.

Sorry to hear your boxes are getting turned into tackling dummies.

__________________
"Sticking Feathers up Your Butt does Not make You a Chicken"
RubiconSS is online now   Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 11:40 AM   #3
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Southern Ca
Posts: 193
Last time I ordered from ET (late summer) the same thing happened. I ordered two items, first one came fine. Second one was shown as "in stock"; that is until a day after I placed my order. It was actually on backorder, and finally found this out when I called two weeks after I ordered having not received said item (the shipping notification showed both items shipped in the same package, they claimed it was a weird thing, etc.). Had to wait another week or two until it was "in stock" again. I'm not sure if they drop ship or whatever, but I have a feeling they don't keep good track of their "actual" stock or supply chains, and are ok to just apologize after the fact.

In the end I got my item; but from the conversations and paper trail, my gut says this is a common thing/practice and may not be limited to ET.
__________________
"Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things." - George Carlin
ironmatt85 is offline   Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-03-2018, 12:07 PM
Thread Starter
  #4
Jeeper
 
USStrongman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: West Texas & Yellowstone
Posts: 2,051
Online companies unwilling to spend money on a proper warehousing software program will be part of the downfall of eCommerce. Could you imagine if you went to a restaurant and ordered there the way it is being done currently?

I'd like your #2 and a diet coke.
Sure thing, that will be $9.99.
30 mins later...
Its been 30 mins, can you check on my order?
Sure... let me look into that. Can I put you on hold for a few moments while I investigate that for you?
sure
Well, it seems we have part of your order here. French fries, but they are cold and had something spilled on them, but here you go.
Please take these back and check on the rest of my order?
Sure, but it is really the person who delivered your foods fault. They must have been delayed by weather or a spider. Once it leaves our warehouse, we cant be responsible.
Seriously? But you insure your packages to make sure you are covered, but the consumer waits while you two sort it out? And I had no say in who delivers my meal?
I am truly sorry about that. It looks like the chef was wrong. We are out of burger at the moment, but our fulfillment center in Boise is sending it over right away.
And my Diet Coke?
Oh, we only serve Pepsi and we are not sure where the machine is. It should have said that on the menu when you ordered.....
Can I have my money back and cancel my order?
Sure, it will be 5-7 business days to reflect in your account.
My name is Justin, is there anything else I can help you with? Be sure to visit us online at www.weblowburgers.com and take our customer service satisfaction survey.Terms and conditions may apply.
joemd60, 4fit, RubiconSS and 5 others like this.
USStrongman is offline   Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 12:12 PM   #5
Grooving With A Pict

5-Year WF Supporting Member
 
RhinoSportJKU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 2,125
Quote:
Originally Posted by USStrongman View Post
Online companies unwilling to spend money on a proper warehousing software program will be part of the downfall of eCommerce. Could you imagine if you went to a restaurant and ordered there the way it is being done currently?

I'd like your #2 and a diet coke.
Sure thing, that will be $9.99.
30 mins later...
Its been 30 mins, can you check on my order?
Sure... let me look into that. Can I put you on hold for a few moments while I investigate that for you?
sure
Well, it seems we have part of your order here. French fries, but they are cold and had something spilled on them, but here you go.
Please take these back and check on the rest of my order?
Sure, but it is really the person who delivered your foods fault. They must have been delayed by weather or a spider. Once it leaves our warehouse, we cant be responsible.
Seriously? But you insure your packages to make sure you are covered, but the consumer waits while you two sort it out? And I had no say in who delivers my meal?
I am truly sorry about that. It looks like the chef was wrong. We are out of burger at the moment, but our fulfillment center in Boise is sending it over right away.
And my Diet Coke?
Oh, we only serve Pepsi and we are not sure where the machine is. It should have said that on the menu when you ordered.....
Can I have my money back and cancel my order?
Sure, it will be 5-7 business days to reflect in your account.
My name is Justin, is there anything else I can help you with? Be sure to visit us online at www.weblowburgers.com and take our customer service satisfaction survey.Terms and conditions may apply.
Pretty much sums up my experience with them just last week. Although once I threatened them, I did get my money refunded that same day I filed a PayPal claim.
USStrongman likes this.
RhinoSportJKU is offline   Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 12:14 PM   #6
Supporting Member

5-Year WF Supporting Member
 
RubiconSS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 16,252
It's true. ANYBODY in business these days that wants to stay in business better be selling penis enlargement cream that actually works OR they better just be really really good at customer service AND satisfaction.

Too many folks more than willing to take their place ...
USStrongman likes this.
__________________
"Sticking Feathers up Your Butt does Not make You a Chicken"
RubiconSS is online now   Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 12:24 PM   #7
Jeeper
 
Bob Sanders's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Winnipeg, Canada
Posts: 3,659
Quote:
Originally Posted by USStrongman View Post

What I really hate about this is ET has the cleanest and most comprehensive website, ordering system, product lines, online customer service people. But their execution has once again proven abhorrent.
.
Agree completely. They have a really great website.... better and more organized than QT. It kind of falls apart from there though. I can't tell you how many times BOTH of them have said "in stock", and then sent me an "out of stock" notice AFTER I have paid.

After a few orders from both QT and ET, I've gone back to ebay. Better protections, (most times) better pricing, and I have yet to get an "out of stock" notice. Just picked up a set of amp research power steps from ebay for 1100.00 meanwhile ET is charging 1400.00
USStrongman likes this.
Bob Sanders is offline   Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 01:37 PM   #8
Supporting Member

5-Year WF Supporting Member
 
TerryC6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Hesperia, CA
Posts: 6,672
I normally will only buy directly from the manufacture provided they have a store front. And except for brand new items all the companies have either delivered on or before there scheduled date. Also if they offer a choice I always ask them not to ship through the brown trucks.
__________________
Terry

35" Baja MTZ P3's - Level 8 Tracker Pro 5 Wheels - Dynatrac ProGrip Brakes - MetalCloak 2.5" GC Suspension, 6Pak Edition - Griffin Attenuator - Artec Front Axle Armor - Nitro Axle Sleeves - JCR Vanguard Bumpers - Poison Spyder Brawler Rockers & Bombshell Diff Covers - RockHard 4x4 Skid's & Sport Cage - Genesis Dual Battery Kit with G Screen - SPOD - Zeon 10-S - VisionX headlights - Traildash 2 - Morris Mule Trailer
TerryC6 is offline   Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 02:00 PM   #9
Grooving With A Pict

5-Year WF Supporting Member
 
RhinoSportJKU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 2,125
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryC6 View Post
I normally will only buy directly from the manufacture provided they have a store front. And except for brand new items all the companies have either delivered on or before there scheduled date. Also if they offer a choice I always ask them not to ship through the brown trucks.
So you've not ordered something from them that was showing In Stock - Ships Today it would appear?
RhinoSportJKU is offline   Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 02:48 PM   #10
Jeeper

WF Supporting Member
 
jestersix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 82
I recently placed an order with them, and had some frustrations.

Seemed they could not be straightforward with me. ET said the item was coming from a partner warehouse.

I ordered on 12/24, and did not get a tracking number or shipment confirmation till 1/2/2018. Through some investigation, found out Teraflex was closed for year end inventory, and would not resume shipping till 12/29, Teralfex was the partner warehouse.

If they would have explained that it was a drop ship, and the partner warehouse was closed, it would have been no biggie. But instead I felt as if I was strung along, because they were not upfront about the delay.

No biggie, it's f***ng freezing on the East Coast to work on the Jeep. But it tarnished my view of them. There are a bunch of online retailers, and I'll just send my business to them first.
USStrongman likes this.
__________________
2017 Rubicon Recon Unlimited
Bright White
jestersix is offline   Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 03:26 PM   #11
Supporting Member

5-Year WF Supporting Member
 
TerryC6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Hesperia, CA
Posts: 6,672
Quote:
Originally Posted by RhinoSportJKU View Post
So you've not ordered something from them that was showing In Stock - Ships Today it would appear?
Not when it comes to Jeep parts unless that is the only way I can get the parts, i.e. they don't have a store front. To many of these shops just drop ship and everything is in stock.
__________________
Terry

35" Baja MTZ P3's - Level 8 Tracker Pro 5 Wheels - Dynatrac ProGrip Brakes - MetalCloak 2.5" GC Suspension, 6Pak Edition - Griffin Attenuator - Artec Front Axle Armor - Nitro Axle Sleeves - JCR Vanguard Bumpers - Poison Spyder Brawler Rockers & Bombshell Diff Covers - RockHard 4x4 Skid's & Sport Cage - Genesis Dual Battery Kit with G Screen - SPOD - Zeon 10-S - VisionX headlights - Traildash 2 - Morris Mule Trailer
TerryC6 is offline   Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 03:27 PM   #12
Jeeper
 
redskinswin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Sahuarita, AZ
Posts: 341
For a company that is a sponsor of this section of the forum I can say that their response times here are sorely lacking. I have PM'd, called them out in their vendor section, etc.....NOTHING. I have purchased quite a bit of stuff from them but am now moving on. Makes me sad as I like their product.
__________________
2012 Silver 2-Door JK. Smittybuilt SRC Side Armor, KC Hilites, Rancho Sport 2 inch lift, 285x70x17 Duratracs. DeceptiJeep.
redskinswin is offline   Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 03:51 PM   #13
Jeeper
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Tampa
Posts: 46
For what it's worth, I've been having good luck with Northridge 4X4. They respond promptly to PMs. Got a good deal on a set of wheels and they arrived two days after the order. Between not paying for shipping and taxes, I saved about $500 from what the local shops wanted for the same wheels. Just ordered a set of J.W. Speaker headlights from them today and they should be here by Friday. Might want to give them a try in the future.
Hedgehog2JKU likes this.
Geezermek is offline   Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 03:54 PM
Thread Starter
  #14
Jeeper
 
USStrongman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: West Texas & Yellowstone
Posts: 2,051
and I have cancelled my order.
UPS tag was never created to pick up the missing parts package which arrived yesterday.
UPS was never queried about where the other package they claim UPS has... because they were out of stock and no one wanted to tell me. (it was in stock upon ordering)
Satellite warehouse still has not shipped the third item.

But here is what finally did it:

Hi! This is Matt G. one of the Wrangler experts. What can I help you with today?
Visitor
I'd like to cancel an order that you so far have been unable to fulfill.
Matt G.
Sure thing, I can certainly put in a cancellation request for you as it sounds like this may be coming from a satellite warehouse. May I please have your order number?
And no worries, it happens all the time.
RhinoSportJKU likes this.
USStrongman is offline   Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 06:28 PM   #15
Grooving With A Pict

5-Year WF Supporting Member
 
RhinoSportJKU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 2,125
Quote:
Originally Posted by USStrongman View Post
and I have cancelled my order.
UPS tag was never created to pick up the missing parts package which arrived yesterday.
UPS was never queried about where the other package they claim UPS has... because they were out of stock and no one wanted to tell me. (it was in stock upon ordering)
Satellite warehouse still has not shipped the third item.

But here is what finally did it:

Hi! This is Matt G. one of the Wrangler experts. What can I help you with today?
Visitor
I'd like to cancel an order that you so far have been unable to fulfill.
Matt G.
Sure thing, I can certainly put in a cancellation request for you as it sounds like this may be coming from a satellite warehouse. May I please have your order number?
And no worries, it happens all the time.
This will begin to catch up with them. When I was on the phone with their rep, I asked for a supervisor. He said, ďI can try and get you to a supervisor, but they wonít do anything for you either.Ē Nice.
RhinoSportJKU is offline   Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 06:35 PM   #16
Jeeper
 
LuvmyXJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Shippensburg, PA
Posts: 1,083
Me ET experience is documented on a couple of different threads, so I'm not going to go into it again, but I would not order from them if they were the only place to buy Jeep parts, period.

Qtec has been good with me for small stuff, but my big ticket items come from Krawl Offroad, Rubitrux, Northridge, Morris, etc. They've all been great to deal with. ET will not get another cent of mine.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
RubiTruxBen likes this.
LuvmyXJ is offline   Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 10:18 AM
Thread Starter
  #17
Jeeper
 
USStrongman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: West Texas & Yellowstone
Posts: 2,051
I have been told that I can expect a phone call from a supervisor sometime today via customer support who actually got the ball rolling for me last night. The 4 previous CS members, according to our conversation did absolutely nothing they said they would. No UPS return label, no UPS query on the "lost package", no query to their Georgia warehouse on the third item. Thanks to Matt G. who was finally able to unclog the #couldgivea****ness rampant in CS today.

Ironically, an unidentified package shipped this morning, after cancelling my order...
USStrongman is offline   Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 11:45 AM   #18
Jeeper
 
redskinswin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Sahuarita, AZ
Posts: 341
Quote:
Originally Posted by USStrongman View Post
I have been told that I can expect a phone call from a supervisor sometime today via customer support who actually got the ball rolling for me last night. The 4 previous CS members, according to our conversation did absolutely nothing they said they would. No UPS return label, no UPS query on the "lost package", no query to their Georgia warehouse on the third item. Thanks to Matt G. who was finally able to unclog the #couldgivea****ness rampant in CS today.

Ironically, an unidentified package shipped this morning, after cancelling my order...
Maybe let him know that his rep here is non-responsive.
__________________
2012 Silver 2-Door JK. Smittybuilt SRC Side Armor, KC Hilites, Rancho Sport 2 inch lift, 285x70x17 Duratracs. DeceptiJeep.
redskinswin is offline   Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 10:15 PM
Thread Starter
  #19
Jeeper
 
USStrongman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: West Texas & Yellowstone
Posts: 2,051
I have
USStrongman is offline   Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 10:57 AM   #20
ExtremeTerrain.com Sponsoring Vendor
 
XTJake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Malvern, PA
Posts: 6,005
Quote:
Originally Posted by USStrongman View Post
So I placed faith back in ET after a nice and apologetic PM from @XTJake . I place an order last Wed night with 3 days shipping and all products were in stock at the time of order.

#1 is delivered yesterday. box is beat to shit and someone added more cardboard to it trying to repair it. Hardware, parts list, instructions all missing. they are arranging for a UPS pick up (they wanted me to repair the box, attempt to make it functional again and take it to UPS which is 30 minutes from me) but after some discussion, they are coming to me, hopefully. If I am lucky, my 3 day shipping will be 11-12 days.

#2 is no where to be found. Not at ET. UPS has not updated their "tracking info" is the excuse I get (UPS shows they are still waiting to receive the item) and ironically... when I ordered it, it was in stock. Now, ironically, it is out of stock.

#3 still shows processing, a week later for an in stock item, on 3 day shipping. I am told it was back ordered (though it was not on their website last Wed) and "should" be going out today.

What I really hate about this is ET has the cleanest and most comprehensive website, ordering system, product lines, online customer service people. But their execution has once again proven abhorrent.

And yes, I have kept copies of all transcripts from my discussions with customer service. No he said, she said. Its black and white.

Once again I very much apologize that you had to go through this!

I also apologize that I have unresponsive for the past couple of weeks here on the forum. There is only one of me and I have been away on vacation for the past two weeks.

It's definitely frustrating for not only you since this is your order, but for me as well considering I do my best to re-assure people that this won't happen again. Unfortunately I'm not the one packaging and delivering the orders though, so it's hard to 100% make sure that these situations don't arise.

I'm very happy to hear that your instances with our customer service, ordering system, and website have been pleasant, but it's disconcerting to hear not only your issue but others within this thread about delivery of items.

I'd be happy to once again do whatever I can do in order to make this right though! As I've done with other forum members/customers, I'd be more than willing to personally oversee any and all orders that you place in the future. This includes checking and double checking item availability, and making sure that your order goes through without an issue.

For the current order, do you happen to have the order number on hand? I want to go in and take a look to get this figured out once and for all.

-Jake
__________________
Jake R. | ExtremeTerrain.com Off-Road Outfitters
Toll Free: 800-988-4605 | Mon-Fri 10AM-6PM EST
Free Shipping on Orders Over $75!
PM me for our WranglerForum Discount Code (must have 25 posts)[COLOR=Red] or Price-Matching!
👉Subscribe To Our YouTube Channel👈
XTJake is offline   Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 11:03 AM   #21
ExtremeTerrain.com Sponsoring Vendor
 
XTJake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Malvern, PA
Posts: 6,005
Quote:
Originally Posted by redskinswin View Post
For a company that is a sponsor of this section of the forum I can say that their response times here are sorely lacking. I have PM'd, called them out in their vendor section, etc.....NOTHING. I have purchased quite a bit of stuff from them but am now moving on. Makes me sad as I like their product.
I apologize for the late response! I am our only rep here on the forum and I have been away on vacation for the past two weeks with no access to a computer. From here on out you can expect response times to be prompt! Feel free to shoot me over a PM if you have a question or need the forum discount.

-Jake
__________________
Jake R. | ExtremeTerrain.com Off-Road Outfitters
Toll Free: 800-988-4605 | Mon-Fri 10AM-6PM EST
Free Shipping on Orders Over $75!
PM me for our WranglerForum Discount Code (must have 25 posts)[COLOR=Red] or Price-Matching!
👉Subscribe To Our YouTube Channel👈
XTJake is offline   Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 11:09 AM   #22
ExtremeTerrain.com Sponsoring Vendor
 
XTJake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Malvern, PA
Posts: 6,005
Quote:
Originally Posted by RhinoSportJKU View Post
This will begin to catch up with them. When I was on the phone with their rep, I asked for a supervisor. He said, ďI can try and get you to a supervisor, but they wonít do anything for you either.Ē Nice.
Wow...sorry to hear that you were talked to that way during a conversation with one of our customer service reps. I'm going to send this directly to one of our supervisors to make sure that this NEVER happens again.

-Jake
__________________
Jake R. | ExtremeTerrain.com Off-Road Outfitters
Toll Free: 800-988-4605 | Mon-Fri 10AM-6PM EST
Free Shipping on Orders Over $75!
PM me for our WranglerForum Discount Code (must have 25 posts)[COLOR=Red] or Price-Matching!
👉Subscribe To Our YouTube Channel👈
XTJake is offline   Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 11:11 AM   #23
Jeeper
 
redskinswin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Sahuarita, AZ
Posts: 341
@XTJake , I have sent a couple of PM's to you. I understand that you were on vacation but I was also seeing that you were logging on every couple of days which is why I was willing to wait for a response. Once I saw you logged on a couple of times with no response, and that I needed to get my headlights in order to drive legally, I had to purchase them from a different vendor. I did purchase some LED fog lights and Mopar door sill protectors last night from XT (order 15372626) as the price was still better than competitors.
__________________
2012 Silver 2-Door JK. Smittybuilt SRC Side Armor, KC Hilites, Rancho Sport 2 inch lift, 285x70x17 Duratracs. DeceptiJeep.
redskinswin is offline   Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 11:26 AM   #24
ExtremeTerrain.com Sponsoring Vendor
 
XTJake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Malvern, PA
Posts: 6,005
Quote:
Originally Posted by redskinswin View Post
@XTJake , I have sent a couple of PM's to you. I understand that you were on vacation but I was also seeing that you were logging on every couple of days which is why I was willing to wait for a response. Once I saw you logged on a couple of times with no response, and that I needed to get my headlights in order to drive legally, I had to purchase them from a different vendor. I did purchase some LED fog lights and Mopar door sill protectors last night from XT (order 15372626) as the price was still better than competitors.
I believe more employees here have the login information for my account, but do not answer back to PM's. This could be why there were multiple logins. I apologize for the confusion though, and I'm sorry to hear that you had to shop somewhere else for your lights.

I went ahead and credited your XT account roughly 50% of your recent order that you placed. I know that a credit doesn't fix unanswered messages, but hopefully you can put that credit towards your next order! Looking forward to future PM's and orders Phil.

-Jake
__________________
Jake R. | ExtremeTerrain.com Off-Road Outfitters
Toll Free: 800-988-4605 | Mon-Fri 10AM-6PM EST
Free Shipping on Orders Over $75!
PM me for our WranglerForum Discount Code (must have 25 posts)[COLOR=Red] or Price-Matching!
👉Subscribe To Our YouTube Channel👈
XTJake is offline   Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 11:28 AM   #25
Jeeper
 
redskinswin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Sahuarita, AZ
Posts: 341
@XTJake - Thank you sir. I do appreciate it and appreciate your explanations. Hope you enjoyed your vacation.
XTJake likes this.
__________________
2012 Silver 2-Door JK. Smittybuilt SRC Side Armor, KC Hilites, Rancho Sport 2 inch lift, 285x70x17 Duratracs. DeceptiJeep.
redskinswin is offline   Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 11:38 AM   #26
Grooving With A Pict

5-Year WF Supporting Member
 
RhinoSportJKU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 2,125
Quote:
Originally Posted by XTJake View Post
Wow...sorry to hear that you were talked to that way during a conversation with one of our customer service reps. I'm going to send this directly to one of our supervisors to make sure that this NEVER happens again.

-Jake
Quit pulling the old bait and switch by having your website show items are "In Stock - Ships Today" for starters. Then, when I call 3 days later to find out why my item hasn't shipped yet, tell your CS not to lie to me and tell me "It looks like it's shipping our of our Atlanta fulfillment center, and in fact it might arrive today." He then tells me that they update your website daily to change the status of any items that are not in stock or are backordered. Yeah right, as while I was on the phone with him, I was on your website, and the exact item was still showing "In Stock - Ships Today."

To put the frosting on the cake, two hours after that phone call, I received an email from Patrick telling me the item was backordered, he was so sorry, and that it wouldn't be available to ship until 1/4. I ordered it on 12/26. I finally threatened to contact the BBB, filed a PayPal claim, and finally had my money credited to my account on Wednesday of this week. Think I'm going to be buying from you guys again?
RhinoSportJKU is offline   Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 11:48 AM   #27
Jeeper
 
LuvmyXJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Shippensburg, PA
Posts: 1,083
Quote:
Originally Posted by RhinoSportJKU View Post
Quit pulling the old bait and switch by having your website show items are "In Stock - Ships Today" for starters. Then, when I call 3 days later to find out why my item hasn't shipped yet, tell your CS not to lie to me and tell me "It looks like it's shipping our of our Atlanta fulfillment center, and in fact it might arrive today." He then tells me that they update your website daily to change the status of any items that are not in stock or are backordered. Yeah right, as while I was on the phone with him, I was on your website, and the exact item was still showing "In Stock - Ships Today."

To put the frosting on the cake, two hours after that phone call, I received an email from Patrick telling me the item was backordered, he was so sorry, and that it wouldn't be available to ship until 1/4. I ordered it on 12/26. I finally threatened to contact the BBB, filed a PayPal claim, and finally had my money credited to my account on Wednesday of this week. Think I'm going to be buying from you guys again?
Try having them take $2000 from your card AFTER they've told you they can't find your order (that was "in stock" two weeks earlier when you actually ordered it) and after you told them to cancel the order...

Then they tell you it will take 3-5 business days to refund the money. My next phone call to them said that the money would be back by start of business the next day or I'd report them for fraud. I had my money back before midnight.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
LuvmyXJ is offline   Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 01:10 PM
Thread Starter
  #28
Jeeper
 
USStrongman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: West Texas & Yellowstone
Posts: 2,051
Quote:
Originally Posted by XTJake View Post

For the current order, do you happen to have the order number on hand? I want to go in and take a look to get this figured out once and for all.

-Jake
Order # 15360975

Thanks Jake but I am cutting line and moving to a new vendor. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

I have received 6 emails with UPS info for pick up of the package with missing hardware. Have a discussion with the RedRock 4x4 rep. Their packaging looks like it was cobbled by third graders.

The J Bolt Mount was on backorder when I ordered it according to Sal, the OL CS Supervisor, but showed available in both driver and passenger sides at time of order. It is still on BO.

The console cover came from Atlanta... but your warehouse guys didn't bother to take care of it on Thurs or Fri before the holiday weekend. Instead they pulled it and shipped on Wed night, after I cancelled.

This is what happened when I turned it right side up. Both ends of the box had been previously cut off and "taped" back into position. Mounting knobs and bolts/nuts were missing along with the instructions and a parts list. MY UPS guy is a big douche as apparently, this wasn't enough a que for him to make note or inform he. He dropped it at my door and left. I work from home and was here when he delivered.



So my question to you is, what could ET do to keep me as a customer? We went down this road once and you gave me a nice discount... before this round of attempted buying?
USStrongman is offline   Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 02:02 PM   #29
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 428
Not a lot to add other than a saying my old man used a few times over the years.

"You don't always get what you pay for but you always pay for what you get"

I would rather pay extra than waste time/deal with incompetence.



Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
LuvmyXJ likes this.
jeepjk1968 is offline   Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 04:34 PM   #30
ExtremeTerrain.com Sponsoring Vendor
 
XTJake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Malvern, PA
Posts: 6,005
Quote:
Originally Posted by USStrongman View Post
Order # 15360975

Thanks Jake but I am cutting line and moving to a new vendor. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

I have received 6 emails with UPS info for pick up of the package with missing hardware. Have a discussion with the RedRock 4x4 rep. Their packaging looks like it was cobbled by third graders.

The J Bolt Mount was on backorder when I ordered it according to Sal, the OL CS Supervisor, but showed available in both driver and passenger sides at time of order. It is still on BO.

The console cover came from Atlanta... but your warehouse guys didn't bother to take care of it on Thurs or Fri before the holiday weekend. Instead they pulled it and shipped on Wed night, after I cancelled.

This is what happened when I turned it right side up. Both ends of the box had been previously cut off and "taped" back into position. Mounting knobs and bolts/nuts were missing along with the instructions and a parts list. MY UPS guy is a big douche as apparently, this wasn't enough a que for him to make note or inform he. He dropped it at my door and left. I work from home and was here when he delivered.



So my question to you is, what could ET do to keep me as a customer? We went down this road once and you gave me a nice discount... before this round of attempted buying?
I have to agree that this shouldn't happen twice like this Bryan, and I would really like to keep you as an ExtremeTerrain customer.

I'd like to think that the Recovery Jack was improperly packaged from the manufacturer and also handled improperly throughout the delivery process. As we all know, those jacks aren't light so it's easy for them to puncture through the sides of the box. I would have to agree with you that it looks like it was packaged/handled by someone with their eyes shut. I have your order open here in front of me and it looks like you have a return set up already for a replacement?

The J-Bolt Mount I remember said in stock when we initially talked about your order. This sounds like it was a system glitch though in which the stock on hand did not match up with our website. Therefore it said in stock when it was out of stock unfortunately. I can completely understand why you would be frustrated with this because this has happened to me personally when ordering from other online stores.

Like I said, I would very much like to keep you as a customer. I'm going to personally take the time to make sure that your order is fulfilled 100% and that there are no discrepancies or questions left un-answered. I'm also going to comp your entire order. Like you said initially this should not happen more than once to a degree like this.

-Jake
redskinswin and USStrongman like this.

__________________
Jake R. | ExtremeTerrain.com Off-Road Outfitters
Toll Free: 800-988-4605 | Mon-Fri 10AM-6PM EST
Free Shipping on Orders Over $75!
PM me for our WranglerForum Discount Code (must have 25 posts)[COLOR=Red] or Price-Matching!
👉Subscribe To Our YouTube Channel👈
XTJake is offline   Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off






All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:36 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Jeepģ, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC