Rubicon Trail - Jeep Jamboree USA (Aug 8-11 2019) - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > WF Local > WF Local Forums for Your Region and State > California Jeep Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By B-Ball
Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 11-14-2018, 03:06 PM
Thread Starter
  #1
Jeeper
 
TRBOKEV's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Phillips Ranch
Posts: 977
Rubicon Trail - Jeep Jamboree USA (Aug 8-11 2019)

I am 100% signing up for this trip when event registration opens up in December, and was wondering if anyone else will be attending?

TRBOKEV is offline   Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 06:07 PM   #2
Jeeper
 
jeepers29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Georgetown, Texas
Posts: 5,952
I plan on being there. I will be able to show you the ball joints you sold me. LOL. I have been wanting to do this jamboree for a few years now. 2019 will be the year.

__________________
98 TJ 4i in currie with Currie bars front and rear
2014 JKUR AMP"D,Ace slider,BFG AT/KO's 33's
Ace Tire carrier/ rear bumper,LOD Mid width front bumper

I love my country. That's why I despise the government.
jeepers29 is offline   Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 08:30 PM
Thread Starter
  #3
Jeeper
 
TRBOKEV's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Phillips Ranch
Posts: 977
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepers29 View Post
I plan on being there. I will be able to show you the ball joints you sold me. LOL. I have been wanting to do this jamboree for a few years now. 2019 will be the year.
Sounds good Joel, we'll have to be sure to meet up. 2019 will finally be the year for us also! My wife is super excited; she cant stop talking about it and already told me she is paying our way for my Christmas present this year.
Hope those new Dynatrac ball joints are serving you well.
TRBOKEV is offline   Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-14-2018, 08:43 PM   #4
Supporting Member

5-Year WF Supporting Member
 
Lee H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Upland, Ca.
Posts: 1,946
I’ve hit up most of the organized SoCal and Nevada stuff the last three years, Big Bear Forest Fest, Terra Del Sol, Jeep Dirt n Drive, Easter Jeep Safari, Hump n Bump, and most of the Cal 4Wheel runs. For 2019 I’m going to hit those and Jeep Jamboree Deadwood SK or Ouray Co., heck, maybe both. A group from the neighborhood is talking Rubicon 2020 or 2021 so I’ll go with them.
Lee H is offline   Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 08:48 PM   #5
Jeeper
 
jeepers29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Georgetown, Texas
Posts: 5,952
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRBOKEV View Post
Sounds good Joel, we'll have to be sure to meet up. 2019 will finally be the year for us also! My wife is super excited; she cant stop talking about it and already told me she is paying our way for my Christmas present this year.
Hope those new Dynatrac ball joints are serving you well.
Definitely will meet up at the jamboree. The dynatracs are awesome. Thanks again.
__________________
98 TJ 4i in currie with Currie bars front and rear
2014 JKUR AMP"D,Ace slider,BFG AT/KO's 33's
Ace Tire carrier/ rear bumper,LOD Mid width front bumper

I love my country. That's why I despise the government.
jeepers29 is offline   Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 10:42 AM   #6
Jeeper
 
B-Ball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Orange County
Posts: 66
Be ready to register the minute the site opens up. Getting your spot on this jamboree is very similar to attempting to get a campsite over the 4th on the California State Park web site. My son and I did the Rubicon Jamboree this year and it was an unbelievable trip - so well organized, food was incredible, its the rubicon trail! We organized with a few others and ran Fordyce after a day of rest and repairs. Something to consider if you are already all the way up there.
TRBOKEV likes this.
B-Ball is online now   Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 10:47 AM   #7
Jeeper
 
jeepers29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Georgetown, Texas
Posts: 5,952
Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Ball View Post
Be ready to register the minute the site opens up. Getting your spot on this jamboree is very similar to attempting to get a campsite over the 4th on the California State Park web site. My son and I did the Rubicon Jamboree this year and it was an unbelievable trip - so well organized, food was incredible, its the rubicon trail! We organized with a few others and ran Fordyce after a day of rest and repairs. Something to consider if you are already all the way up there.
What is your rig set up? Tire size, lift size?
__________________
98 TJ 4i in currie with Currie bars front and rear
2014 JKUR AMP"D,Ace slider,BFG AT/KO's 33's
Ace Tire carrier/ rear bumper,LOD Mid width front bumper

I love my country. That's why I despise the government.
jeepers29 is offline   Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 11:19 AM   #8
Jeeper
 
B-Ball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Orange County
Posts: 66
2017 Rubicon. 4in teraflex lift, 37 Nitto Trail Grapplers, Adams drive shafts blah blah blah. For the Rubicon trail the most important part of the build was/is the full rock hard undercarriage skids as well as the poison spyder brawler rockers. You will use the body armor the entire way. I did have revolution cro-moly axles put in before the trip as well. bent the rears so Revolution is replacing under warranty.
B-Ball is online now   Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 10:20 AM
Thread Starter
  #9
Jeeper
 
TRBOKEV's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Phillips Ranch
Posts: 977
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee H View Post
Iíve hit up most of the organized SoCal and Nevada stuff the last three years, Big Bear Forest Fest, Terra Del Sol, Jeep Dirt n Drive, Easter Jeep Safari, Hump n Bump, and most of the Cal 4Wheel runs. For 2019 Iím going to hit those and Jeep Jamboree Deadwood SK or Ouray Co., heck, maybe both. A group from the neighborhood is talking Rubicon 2020 or 2021 so Iíll go with them.
Good info. Yeah I didnít know about a lot of the runs and was missing out this year. Iím hoping to not repeat that next year.
TRBOKEV is offline   Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 10:27 AM
Thread Starter
  #10
Jeeper
 
TRBOKEV's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Phillips Ranch
Posts: 977
Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Ball View Post
2017 Rubicon. 4in teraflex lift, 37 Nitto Trail Grapplers, Adams drive shafts blah blah blah. For the Rubicon trail the most important part of the build was/is the full rock hard undercarriage skids as well as the poison spyder brawler rockers. You will use the body armor the entire way. I did have revolution cro-moly axles put in before the trip as well. bent the rears so Revolution is replacing under warranty.
In regard to the Revolutions, did you bend the flanges or the actual shafts? We’re they the US made Foote forgings or their import series? I have those same rear shafts. (US mfg. version)

I had purchased RCV’s for the front when I was putting in my front axle but returned them due to poor quality and poor warranty coverage feedback I got from people. I’ve been running the stock Rubicon front shafts, but was thinking of throwing in a set of revolutions up front also.
TRBOKEV is offline   Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 06:09 PM   #11
Jeeper
 
B-Ball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Orange County
Posts: 66
they are the US made ones. replacements will be here tomorrow so once they take the old ones and test I will know if it is the actual shaft/flange or bearing. my front revolutions have held up really well this summer. Granted I sleeved and gusseted the front axle and C's.
B-Ball is online now   Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 12:49 AM
Thread Starter
  #12
Jeeper
 
TRBOKEV's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Phillips Ranch
Posts: 977
Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Ball View Post
they are the US made ones. replacements will be here tomorrow so once they take the old ones and test I will know if it is the actual shaft/flange or bearing. my front revolutions have held up really well this summer. Granted I sleeved and gusseted the front axle and C's.
Thanks for the feedback. I’d put my money on bent flanges,you’d probably see twisting at the splines when you pulled them if the issue was in the shaft.
TRBOKEV is offline   Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 08:37 PM
Thread Starter
  #13
Jeeper
 
TRBOKEV's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Phillips Ranch
Posts: 977
Woohoo. Sign up for this is next Wednesday at 1pm.
I actually took the day off at the request of my wife to get this done and then get our Christmas tree.

We are both really looking forward to running the Rubicon next year.
TRBOKEV is offline   Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 04:15 PM
Thread Starter
  #14
Jeeper
 
TRBOKEV's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Phillips Ranch
Posts: 977
The wife and I are Rubicon bound for 2019!
TRBOKEV is offline   Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 05:54 PM   #15
Supporting Member

5-Year WF Supporting Member
 
Lee H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Upland, Ca.
Posts: 1,946
Nice!
Lee H is offline   Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 05:43 PM   #16
Jeeper
 
B-Ball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Orange County
Posts: 66
Congrats on getting in. You will have a great time. Might want to get yourself a Jeep Sleep for the back of the jeep for your two nights of camping. I love that mattress.
B-Ball is online now   Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 02:32 AM
Thread Starter
  #17
Jeeper
 
TRBOKEV's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Phillips Ranch
Posts: 977
Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Ball View Post
Congrats on getting in. You will have a great time. Might want to get yourself a Jeep Sleep for the back of the jeep for your two nights of camping. I love that mattress.
Thanks, yeah we’re pretty excited to finally be going. The wife and I do yearly eastern Sierra wheeling, fishing, hiking etc. camping trips, so we’re more than prepared and use to being in the middle of nowhere by ourselves in a tent.
Thinking of putting something together like that next year with a small group, it’s always a lot of fun. Of course we’re usually lugging the air mattress along. My back isn’t what it use to be. LOL


Click image for larger version

Name:	56E2C374-06E7-4F89-8596-6DB67C379D81.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	224.8 KB
ID:	4112295

Click image for larger version

Name:	DC48025A-185F-418D-B663-A2A13C51EE47.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	232.0 KB
ID:	4112297
TRBOKEV is offline   Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 02:07 PM   #18
Jeeper
 
El Burro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Santa Cruz, CA
Posts: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRBOKEV View Post
I am 100% signing up for this trip when event registration opens up in December, and was wondering if anyone else will be attending?
See you there! Should be fun.
El Burro is offline   Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 04:48 PM
Thread Starter
  #19
Jeeper
 
TRBOKEV's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Phillips Ranch
Posts: 977
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Burro View Post
See you there! Should be fun.
The wife and I are really looking forward to this trip! We are also thinking about doing something else possibly in the surrounding area or on the way back into SoCal.

TRBOKEV is offline   Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off






All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:48 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Jeepģ, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, Gladiator, Mopar and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to FCA US LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with FCA US LLC.