35s on stock Rubicon Wheels - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > Vendors > Discount Tire

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 05-16-2018, 11:43 PM
Thread Starter
  #1
Jeeper
 
HulaPie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Naperville, IL
Posts: 162
35s on stock Rubicon Wheels

I'd like to get the BFGoodrich KO2 in 35s but on the stock Rubicon Hard Rock wheels. Is that doable? I want to lift and get 35s but I'd prefer to save on the wheels if I can. Is there a 35 that is 255 wide?

__________________
2015 JKUR HR Billet
Ordered 7/1/15
Delivered & Brought Home 8/8/15
Lifted Mopar 2" Lift Kit 5/24/18
HulaPie is offline   Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 01:41 AM   #2
Jeeper
 
Carlton_Banks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Chicagoland
Posts: 2,642
Quote:
Originally Posted by HulaPie View Post
I'd like to get the BFGoodrich KO2 in 35s but on the stock Rubicon Hard Rock wheels. Is that doable? I want to lift and get 35s but I'd prefer to save on the wheels if I can. Is there a 35 that is 255 wide?
Most 35s are 12.50 inches wide. Many shops won't mount a 12.50 wide tire on a stock wheel as it is out of spec. Some will still mount them anyway. If you find someone to mount them, you will need wheel spacers as the tires will rub when turning with stock wheels.

Most shops will mount a 315/70r17 on stock wheels. They are basically the same size but spec allows for a narrower wheel. Still will need wheel spacers.

I believe the KO2 incomes in a 34/11.50 as well or something like that.

__________________
2019 JLUR Punk'n SJ 4" Milestar 40s
2018 JKU White 4" Frankenlift Milestar 38s
2018 Grand Cherokee Black-Sold
2017 JKU Hyper Green 5.5 RK 1.25 Teraflex Bl Xtreme MT2 40s
2016 JKU Firecracker Red 6" RK/Synergy Yoko Geo MT+ 38s
2015 JKU Black 3.5 RK MXT 37s
Carlton_Banks is offline   Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 05:57 PM   #3
 
Discount Tire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: USA
Posts: 3,010
Thank you for the post, HulaPie!

As Carlton pointed out, 315/70R-17 size tires are doable with the factory wheels and this tire size is equivalent to the high flotation 35x12.50R-17 size. Just bear in mind that you will have to run wheel spacers with the factory wheels to gain proper clearance.

FWIW - you can pick up a set of 17x9 MB 352 wheels with the correct backspacing for 35's at DTD right now for only $75.00 per wheel. Couple this with the $100.00 Memorial Day Deals mail-in rebate that starts tomorrow and you're only paying $50.00 per wheel for a set of four(4)!

Details: https://www.wranglerforum.com/f123/17...a-2247946.html

In my humble opinion, properly backspaced wheels are the better alternative to wheel spacers - one less link in the chain so to speak that could potentially fail.
__________________
Low Prices! More Choices! Trusted Experts!
At The Store: discounttire.com
To Your Door: discounttiredirect.com
Discount Tire is offline   Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 05-23-2018, 05:11 PM
Thread Starter
  #4
Jeeper
 
HulaPie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Naperville, IL
Posts: 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by Discount Tire View Post
Thank you for the post, HulaPie!

As Carlton pointed out, 315/70R-17 size tires are doable with the factory wheels and this tire size is equivalent to the high flotation 35x12.50R-17 size. Just bear in mind that you will have to run wheel spacers with the factory wheels to gain proper clearance.

FWIW - you can pick up a set of 17x9 MB 352 wheels with the correct backspacing for 35's at DTD right now for only $75.00 per wheel. Couple this with the $100.00 Memorial Day Deals mail-in rebate that starts tomorrow and you're only paying $50.00 per wheel for a set of four(4)!

Details: https://www.wranglerforum.com/f123/17...a-2247946.html

In my humble opinion, properly backspaced wheels are the better alternative to wheel spacers - one less link in the chain so to speak that could potentially fail.
I've ordered the Quadratec Hard Rock wheels so I can get the 12.5 wide tire on there.

Are there any discounts on tires for being a forum member? I'm leaning toward the Duratracks now. 35x12.5xR17
__________________
2015 JKUR HR Billet
Ordered 7/1/15
Delivered & Brought Home 8/8/15
Lifted Mopar 2" Lift Kit 5/24/18
HulaPie is offline   Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 07:20 PM   #5
 
Discount Tire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: USA
Posts: 3,010
Quote:
Originally Posted by HulaPie View Post
I've ordered the Quadratec Hard Rock wheels so I can get the 12.5 wide tire on there.

Are there any discounts on tires for being a forum member? I'm leaning toward the Duratracks now. 35x12.5xR17
Pm coming your way:
__________________
Low Prices! More Choices! Trusted Experts!
At The Store: discounttire.com
To Your Door: discounttiredirect.com
Discount Tire is offline   Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off






All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:57 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, Gladiator, Mopar and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to FCA US LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with FCA US LLC.