2019 Wrangler Forum Veteran's Day Membership Giveaway - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > Community Forums > WF Community Announcements

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Like Tree57Likes
  • 5 Post By gixxerphil
  • 6 Post By Show Killer
  • 7 Post By RubiconSS
  • 9 Post By Jerry Bransford
  • 7 Post By Simon21b
  • 1 Post By gixxerphil
  • 1 Post By Crazysjeep
  • 3 Post By Stitches1974
  • 9 Post By cwmartin59
  • 1 Post By gixxerphil
  • 8 Post By Beastmaster
Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 09-03-2019, 07:28 PM
Thread Starter
  #1
I now drive an ISIS truck

WF Lifetime Member
WF Supporting Member
::WF Moderator::
 
gixxerphil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Auburn, Al
Posts: 60,900
2019 Wrangler Forum Veteran's Day Membership Giveaway




The Wrangler Forum 2019 Veteran's Day/Remembrance Day contest*



Open to all service men and women both past and present from around the world.


3 Winners receive a free 1-year supporting membership**



The rules are simple:

  • Posting open from 9/3/2019 to 11/1/2019
  • Post no more than 3 pictures of yourself while serving in the military and tell us a little about yourself. (please remember OPSEC, we don't need too many details)
  • Nov 1, 2019 – The polls will be opened and members can vote for their favorite people.
  • Nov 11, 2019 – The winners are announced: Two winners will be chosen from all entries by a random number generator, and a third will be chosen by polling the forum membership .
*Veteran's Day is an American holiday celebrated on November 11th and is to honor veterans of the US Armed Forces, both living or dead. Originally known as Armistice Day a day to commemorate the signing of the armistice signaling end of WWI (the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month 1918).





Remembrance Day (aka Poppy Day) is a day commerated by British Commonwealth countries as to honor military veterans that have died in the line of duty much like the US Memorial Day.






For the purposes of this contest, we wish to honor members of the military regardless the country for which they served


(no North Korean, Al Qaeda, Taliban or ISIS members please.)






**Should a winner already be a supporting member on Nov 11th, they will be upgraded to a 5-year membership.






__________________
gixxerphil is offline   Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 09:23 PM
Thread Starter
  #2
I now drive an ISIS truck

WF Lifetime Member
WF Supporting Member
::WF Moderator::
 
gixxerphil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Auburn, Al
Posts: 60,900
Saved for easy access to pics

__________________
gixxerphil is offline   Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 09:29 PM   #3
Jeeper
 
Show Killer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: San Antonio
Posts: 383
USMC 1987 - 1993, spent about half that time over seas in various countries. The pics are from Desert Storm in April 1991, right before we came back to the states. Carried around/slept with that M60 for the 4 months (1st tour) i was there. Went back to Saudi from June - October of 1991 (2nd tour) to guard the reloading of the pre-positioning ships.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190903-211036_Gallery_1567563598085.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	134.6 KB
ID:	4173107   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190903-211137_Gallery_1567563738373.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	175.6 KB
ID:	4173109  

__________________
The stable:
'18 JLU Rubicon - Silver - 4X4 fun via 2 litres of turbocharged power and 37's
'14 Ram 2500 CCLB 4x4 Diesel - Bright White - Tow vehicle
'93 Dodge Stealth R/T - Project
Show Killer is offline   Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 09-04-2019, 10:19 PM
Thread Starter
  #4
I now drive an ISIS truck

WF Lifetime Member
WF Supporting Member
::WF Moderator::
 
gixxerphil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Auburn, Al
Posts: 60,900
Let's get those pics in
__________________
gixxerphil is offline   Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 08:34 AM   #5
Supporting Member

5-Year WF Supporting Member
 
RubiconSS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 16,380
At the office....

Only photo on my wall below the other stuff.... Calling in the SLUF's

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190905_092640.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	190.3 KB
ID:	4173297

Just got back from Ft. Benning. My Son graduated from Ranger School (Great week) My youngest Son is out at Ft. Sill now at his FA BOLC.

Keepin' it goin'
__________________
"Sticking Feathers up Your Butt does Not make You a Chicken"
RubiconSS is offline   Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 06:45 PM
Thread Starter
  #6
I now drive an ISIS truck

WF Lifetime Member
WF Supporting Member
::WF Moderator::
 
gixxerphil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Auburn, Al
Posts: 60,900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Show Killer View Post
USMC 1987 - 1993, spent about half that time over seas in various countries. The pics are from Desert Storm in April 1991, right before we came back to the states. Carried around/slept with that M60 for the 4 months (1st tour) i was there. Went back to Saudi from June - October of 1991 (2nd tour) to guard the reloading of the pre-positioning ships.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubiconSS View Post
Only photo on my wall below the other stuff.... Calling in the SLUF's

Attachment 4173297

Just got back from Ft. Benning. My Son graduated from Ranger School (Great week) My youngest Son is out at Ft. Sill now at his FA BOLC.

Keepin' it goin'
Thanks for the service guys
__________________
gixxerphil is offline   Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 07:12 PM
Thread Starter
  #7
I now drive an ISIS truck

WF Lifetime Member
WF Supporting Member
::WF Moderator::
 
gixxerphil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Auburn, Al
Posts: 60,900
Bump for some pics
__________________
gixxerphil is offline   Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 09:18 PM
Thread Starter
  #8
I now drive an ISIS truck

WF Lifetime Member
WF Supporting Member
::WF Moderator::
 
gixxerphil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Auburn, Al
Posts: 60,900
Bump
__________________
gixxerphil is offline   Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 07:43 PM
Thread Starter
  #9
I now drive an ISIS truck

WF Lifetime Member
WF Supporting Member
::WF Moderator::
 
gixxerphil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Auburn, Al
Posts: 60,900
Bump
__________________
gixxerphil is offline   Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 06:51 PM   #10
Knows a couple things...

WF Supporting Member
 
Jerry Bransford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Escondido, Calif.
Posts: 48,292
Vietnam 69-70 with the 903rd Aeromedical Evacuation Sq. Not many pics of me, these are about all I could find.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5430Resized.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	39.9 KB
ID:	4174697   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5406Resized.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	66.9 KB
ID:	4174699  

Attached Images
 
__________________
When you have a choice, buy American.
Jerry Bransford is offline   Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 06:58 PM
Thread Starter
  #11
I now drive an ISIS truck

WF Lifetime Member
WF Supporting Member
::WF Moderator::
 
gixxerphil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Auburn, Al
Posts: 60,900
Bump for more entries.
__________________
gixxerphil is offline   Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 09:44 PM
Thread Starter
  #12
I now drive an ISIS truck

WF Lifetime Member
WF Supporting Member
::WF Moderator::
 
gixxerphil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Auburn, Al
Posts: 60,900
Bump
__________________
gixxerphil is offline   Quote
Old 09-14-2019, 06:52 AM
Thread Starter
  #13
I now drive an ISIS truck

WF Lifetime Member
WF Supporting Member
::WF Moderator::
 
gixxerphil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Auburn, Al
Posts: 60,900
Bump
__________________
gixxerphil is offline   Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 09:35 PM   #14
Jeeper
 
Simon21b's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 46
Doing Engineer stuff

US Army from 1991-2013 Combat Engineer
Retired as a MSG (E-8)
Here are a few pics from my last deployment to Afghanistan (2011-2012) doing route clearance, route reconnaissance and convoy escort.

Making friends with the locals (winning hearts and minds...)
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0435.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	199.9 KB
ID:	4175633

Going hunting with the Italians in an old Huey
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0814.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	222.3 KB
ID:	4175635

Heading out to escort a convoy
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0908.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	204.3 KB
ID:	4175637
Simon21b is offline   Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 04:49 AM
Thread Starter
  #15
I now drive an ISIS truck

WF Lifetime Member
WF Supporting Member
::WF Moderator::
 
gixxerphil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Auburn, Al
Posts: 60,900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon21b View Post
US Army from 1991-2013 Combat Engineer

Retired as a MSG (E-8)

Here are a few pics from my last deployment to Afghanistan (2011-2012) doing route clearance, route reconnaissance and convoy escort.



Making friends with the locals (winning hearts and minds...)

Attachment 4175633



Going hunting with the Italians in an old Huey

Attachment 4175635



Heading out to escort a convoy

Attachment 4175637
Thanks for your service.
Simon21b likes this.
__________________
gixxerphil is offline   Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 01:34 AM   #16
Jeeper
 
Crazysjeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Pittsburgh pa
Posts: 444
Thank you all for your sacrifice and service
Simon21b likes this.
__________________
.
Crazysjeep is offline   Quote
Old 09-25-2019, 01:42 PM   #17
Jeeper
 
Stitches1974's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Florida
Posts: 2,530
Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxerphil View Post


(no North Korean, Al Qaeda, Taliban or ISIS members please.)




What about US armed forces members who stepped on North Korean soil?



Me reenlisting at Camp Nimble South Korea 1996 and yes, I've been on NK soil.

I was an 88M ( heavy wheeled vehicle operator ), master driver and instructor. I served in the Army from 1992-99. I was med boarded out at the rank of Sergeant/ E5.


gixxerphil, Simon21b and JKU62 like this.
Stitches1974 is offline   Quote
Old 09-27-2019, 07:57 PM   #18
Newb
 
cwmartin59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Maryland
Posts: 12
The first picture is of me after graduating Boot Camp May - Aug 1977.
The second picture is of me a flight deck troubleshooter onboard AFG-11 Coronado in the Persian Gulf Feb - May 1981.
The third picture is of me at my last duty command before I retired. When I was a First Class Petty Officer, I applied for a commission and was selected on the first try. I was commissioned 1 April 1988. I am still waiting for someone to come back and say "April Fools".
The fourth picture is taken with my son, almost 10 years after I retired. I still fit into my dress uniform.
The fifth picture is a part of history. I was attached to Helicopter Mine Countermeasures Squadron 16 (HM-16). In November 1979, we had returned home from a 2 month deployment to Halifax, Nova Scotia. We weren't home but just a few days when we got orders to tear down six RH-53D minesweeping helicopters to parts unknown. We loaded onto a C-5 Galaxy, and after 32 hours in the air we arrived in Diego Garcia, a small island in the Indian Ocean. We hitched a ride on the USS Kitty Hawk and soon cross-decked to the USS Nimitz. The Nimitz had 2 extra aircraft on board when we arrived, and after a couple of months, all eight were up and flying. The fifth picture shows all aircraft in the air. On April 25, 1980, those aircraft flew to Desert 1 in Iran in the ill-fated hostage rescue attempt. I arrived back to my homeport in the middle of May 1980 after 182 consecutive days at sea, and I discovered how much the world changed.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	NavyLT1996_sm.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	92.2 KB
ID:	4177329   Click image for larger version

Name:	62648852_3048014825216151_4266753986545057792_n.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	71.0 KB
ID:	4177331  

Click image for larger version

Name:	1935565_100772989936039_7302830_n.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	42.0 KB
ID:	4177333  
Attached Images
   
cwmartin59 is offline   Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 10:40 PM
Thread Starter
  #19
I now drive an ISIS truck

WF Lifetime Member
WF Supporting Member
::WF Moderator::
 
gixxerphil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Auburn, Al
Posts: 60,900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitches1974 View Post
What about US armed forces members who stepped on North Korean soil?



Me reenlisting at Camp Nimble South Korea 1996 and yes, I've been on NK soil.

I was an 88M ( heavy wheeled vehicle operator ), master driver and instructor. I served in the Army from 1992-99. I was med boarded out at the rank of Sergeant/ E5.




We'll allow it


Thanks for your service
Stitches1974 likes this.
__________________
gixxerphil is offline   Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 10:46 PM
Thread Starter
  #20
I now drive an ISIS truck

WF Lifetime Member
WF Supporting Member
::WF Moderator::
 
gixxerphil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Auburn, Al
Posts: 60,900
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwmartin59 View Post
The first picture is of me after graduating Boot Camp May - Aug 1977.
The second picture is of me a flight deck troubleshooter onboard AFG-11 Coronado in the Persian Gulf Feb - May 1981.
The third picture is of me at my last duty command before I retired. When I was a First Class Petty Officer, I applied for a commission and was selected on the first try. I was commissioned 1 April 1988. I am still waiting for someone to come back and say "April Fools".
The fourth picture is taken with my son, almost 10 years after I retired. I still fit into my dress uniform.
The fifth picture is a part of history. I was attached to Helicopter Mine Countermeasures Squadron 16 (HM-16). In November 1979, we had returned home from a 2 month deployment to Halifax, Nova Scotia. We weren't home but just a few days when we got orders to tear down six RH-53D minesweeping helicopters to parts unknown. We loaded onto a C-5 Galaxy, and after 32 hours in the air we arrived in Diego Garcia, a small island in the Indian Ocean. We hitched a ride on the USS Kitty Hawk and soon cross-decked to the USS Nimitz. The Nimitz had 2 extra aircraft on board when we arrived, and after a couple of months, all eight were up and flying. The fifth picture shows all aircraft in the air. On April 25, 1980, those aircraft flew to Desert 1 in Iran in the ill-fated hostage rescue attempt. I arrived back to my homeport in the middle of May 1980 after 182 consecutive days at sea, and I discovered how much the world changed.


Thanks for your service
__________________
gixxerphil is offline   Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 04:42 AM
Thread Starter
  #21
I now drive an ISIS truck

WF Lifetime Member
WF Supporting Member
::WF Moderator::
 
gixxerphil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Auburn, Al
Posts: 60,900
Early morning bump
__________________
gixxerphil is offline   Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 07:35 PM   #22
Thank you Veterans

5-Year WF Supporting Member
WF Lifetime Member
::WF Moderator::
 
Beastmaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: The Old Pubelo
Posts: 41,242
Hi guys, I'm not participating in the contest but I figured I'd bump it with a pic.

A pic of me at Kandahar, Afghanistan after 9/11
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	020207-N-8421M-094.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	144.6 KB
ID:	4179003  
Beastmaster is offline   Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 04:14 PM
Thread Starter
  #23
I now drive an ISIS truck

WF Lifetime Member
WF Supporting Member
::WF Moderator::
 
gixxerphil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Auburn, Al
Posts: 60,900
Bump
__________________
gixxerphil is offline   Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 04:16 PM
Thread Starter
  #24
I now drive an ISIS truck

WF Lifetime Member
WF Supporting Member
::WF Moderator::
 
gixxerphil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Auburn, Al
Posts: 60,900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beastmaster View Post
Hi guys, I'm not participating in the contest but I figured I'd bump it with a pic.

A pic of me at Kandahar, Afghanistan after 9/11
I think you and someone else won the first year I did this, didn't you?
__________________
gixxerphil is offline   Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 09:09 PM   #25
Thank you Veterans

5-Year WF Supporting Member
WF Lifetime Member
::WF Moderator::
 
Beastmaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: The Old Pubelo
Posts: 41,242
Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxerphil View Post
I think you and someone else won the first year I did this, didn't you?
You are correct sir

That's the reason I continued the contest once I became an Moderator
Beastmaster is offline   Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 06:31 PM   #26
Supporting Member

5-Year WF Supporting Member
 
RubiconSS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 16,380
Ignore this post as nothing other than a comedic donation based on what might be a few of us on here....

Went to a Haunted House thing this weekend with my (grown) kids.... It was my Daughters Birthday (25) and some of her siblings wanted us to go, we couldn't all be there because my youngest two(2) are Active Duty Army Officers ... Combat Arms I might add an 11B and a 13B.

Yes very proud but miss them both so you can imagine how MaMa feels anyway... cool haunted house actually a Real-Life former insane asylum here in Pa. Has been abandoned for like 27 years ... seriously creepy haunted place.
I don't go in for stuff like that but I love spending time with my adult children so I'm all in.
Quite a place. Lots of fun. The "Actors" didn't spend much time on me but scared the crap out of everybody else. I was cool with that.

One of the last attractions one of the (turned out to be older than me) "Actors" says, "Hey, somebody check the expiration date on this dude I think he's close" and follows up with "Lot's of beef cake walking through here tonight and here comes beef jerky".

I have a sense of humor. Funny, he came up later and said something I was like, "Dude that shit was funny...best part of the night".

Anyway. Some of us are Old Guard so to speak. More yesterdays than tomorrows.
We ALL have something to offer each other. I still learn from my Four(4) Great Kids and lovely Wife (10 years younger) maybe they learn stuff from me too, I hope so. Either way they seem to like me around so - I'm stayin' as long as I don't say really stupid stuff or start to smell

Always say Hi to a Vet, young or old.... they like it and who knows - Everybody might be happier because of it.
Maybe even learn something.

__________________
"Sticking Feathers up Your Butt does Not make You a Chicken"
RubiconSS is offline   Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off






All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:42 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, Gladiator, Mopar and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to FCA US LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with FCA US LLC.