Central Florida Jeep Dealers - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > WF Local > WF Local Forums for Your Region and State > Florida Jeep Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 09-09-2016, 08:17 PM
Thread Starter
  #1
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 64
Central Florida Jeep Dealers

Anyone ever have a positive experience trying to buy a JK in Central Florida? I can't find 1 place that is willing to drop off 1 cent on any of their new or used JK's over email or phone to even make me want to visit their place. Their sales tactics are laughable like they all attend the same BS sales school. None of them listen and basically say off we will find a sucker to buy these. Surely they will negotiate when you are there, but....

Can't say I dealt with all of them, but so far these suck balls..
Greenway
Airport
  • Napleton Clermont - place really sucks for service
  • Napleton VW (used JK)
  • Napleton Kissimee says they are different but if these other napleton's are on the list, I doubt it so i'm throwing them on it, but i'm not done with them.
  • Greenway Ford (used JK)
  • Daytona Jeep
  • Orlando Dodge

The list goes on.. but that is all I have off of the top of my head.

So are there any dealers where you can get a deal? what have your experiences been? Do I need to be part of Tread Lightly?

I tried to use costco services but there are ZERO dealers who work with them in the area. I kind of suspect because they aren't willing to negotiate.

So what gives? Especially being at the end of this years models, I don't get it.

theKrow is offline   Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 08:39 PM   #2
Supporting Member

5-Year WF Supporting Member
 
PolarbearJK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Orlando, Fl.
Posts: 227
I suggest fields jeep in sanford, Fl.

Or talk to Koons in Vienna, VA

__________________
_______
/l ,[____],
l---L -OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)--o-)_)

2011 2DR JK
PolarbearJK is offline   Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 04:38 AM   #3
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Daytona Beach, FL
Posts: 45
Bought mine at Airport CJD on 436. The Jeep was priced right so no negotiating there, but they lowballed my trade. Took about an hour to get where they needed to be. As far as the experience, nothing special, but I got the Jeep out the door at a good price.

A high demand vehicle, like the Wrangler, probably requires in person negotiation to get a deal. If the vehicle is nice, they will sell it fairly easily, so they don't need to negotiate through email or phone.
__________________
Chris Jones
2013 JKU Sport S
bluespecv03 is offline   Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 09-10-2016, 07:24 AM
Thread Starter
  #4
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 64
Thanks Polar/BlueSpec...

Maybe Koons is the answer. This forum used to be big on Fields, but haven't seen that in the past couple of years. I suspect there is a reason..

Just last night before I posted this I was working with the people of Daytona..
Told them what it takes to get me to drive the 1.5 hours to check out a JKU. They came back to me with a lowball for my jeep and nothing off of the JKU. Thought that was odd based on my introduction to them. I told them thanks but no thanks. The next day I get an email, "my manager thinks he can work something out". So I confirmed a few things and said go for it. They sent me the EXACT same pricing sheet. Not a penny different. What exactly is wrong with these sales people? The only thing you worked out is that I won't be stopping by.

I think I will need to make an appearance, look at the most costly JKU, get them to evaluate my trade, get the number, leave and repeat.
theKrow is offline   Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 09:40 PM   #5
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by theKrow View Post
Anyone ever have a positive experience trying to buy a JK in Central Florida? I can't find 1 place that is willing to drop off 1 cent on any of their new or used JK's over email or phone to even make me want to visit their place. Their sales tactics are laughable like they all attend the same BS sales school. None of them listen and basically say off we will find a sucker to buy these. Surely they will negotiate when you are there, but....

Can't say I dealt with all of them, but so far these suck balls..
Greenway
Airport
  • Napleton Clermont - place really sucks for service
    Napleton VW (used JK)
    Napleton Kissimee says they are different but if these other napleton's are on the list, I doubt it so i'm throwing them on it, but i'm not done with them.
    Greenway Ford (used JK)
    Daytona Jeep
    Orlando Dodge

The list goes on.. but that is all I have off of the top of my head.

So are there any dealers where you can get a deal? what have your experiences been? Do I need to be part of Tread Lightly?

I tried to use costco services but there are ZERO dealers who work with them in the area. I kind of suspect because they aren't willing to negotiate.

So what gives? Especially being at the end of this years models, I don't get it.

If you are looking for a great deal on a pre-owned JK or JKU shoot me a PM. I am a dealer located in Miami but I am always going up to Tampa and Orlando several times a month.
pabs2.5banger is offline   Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 10:56 PM   #6
Supporting Member

5-Year WF Supporting Member
 
PolarbearJK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Orlando, Fl.
Posts: 227
Quote:
Originally Posted by theKrow View Post
Thanks Polar/BlueSpec...

Maybe Koons is the answer. This forum used to be big on Fields, but haven't seen that in the past couple of years. I suspect there is a reason..

Just last night before I posted this I was working with the people of Daytona..
Told them what it takes to get me to drive the 1.5 hours to check out a JKU. They came back to me with a lowball for my jeep and nothing off of the JKU. Thought that was odd based on my introduction to them. I told them thanks but no thanks. The next day I get an email, "my manager thinks he can work something out". So I confirmed a few things and said go for it. They sent me the EXACT same pricing sheet. Not a penny different. What exactly is wrong with these sales people? The only thing you worked out is that I won't be stopping by.

I think I will need to make an appearance, look at the most costly JKU, get them to evaluate my trade, get the number, leave and repeat.
Don't waste your time with an appearance! You'll thank me later ! If they can't make a deal on the phone, They most likely wont in person.

Call Koons and get right to the point!
__________________
_______
/l ,[____],
l---L -OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)--o-)_)

2011 2DR JK
PolarbearJK is offline   Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 12:44 PM   #7
Jeeper
 
Sam03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Cross Creek, Florida
Posts: 63
Great review from Beck Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram 256 US-17, Palatka, FL 32177
__________________
Current Garage
-08 JKUR -89 YJ -88 YJ
-02 GMC 1500 -51 Ford F3 Flathead Manual
Sam03 is offline   Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 07:12 PM
Thread Starter
  #8
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 64
Koons is working on something I think.. I was happy what they offered on my artcic. I will check out Beck. Never heard of them. Thanks Polar and Sam.
theKrow is offline   Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 07:48 PM
Thread Starter
  #9
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam03 View Post
Great review from Beck Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram 256 US-17, Palatka, FL 32177
I just checked out their inventory and I think they were the highest priced of the 10 dealers I had seen. I wouldn't even know where to start with them without offending them so they are out.

All Rubicons at 50K, huh?
A Sport at 38K..

Not happening, glad it worked out for you though!
theKrow is offline   Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 04:52 PM   #10
Newb
 
Malone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: ORLANDO, FL
Posts: 12
I visited most all the dealers listed and had the same experience. I ended up going across the state to find a dealer I can work with. Just bought 2016 Sahara Unlimited this past weekend after doing all the negotiation over the phone / text and email. Deal was exactly as represented when I got there Saturday.
Malone is offline   Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 09:12 AM
Thread Starter
  #11
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malone View Post
I visited most all the dealers listed and had the same experience. I ended up going across the state to find a dealer I can work with. Just bought 2016 Sahara Unlimited this past weekend after doing all the negotiation over the phone / text and email. Deal was exactly as represented when I got there Saturday.
Good stuff... Napleton sent their "leads system" mailer to challenge them.. So I did and that resulted in nonsense. I am going to go to my credit union used sale this weekend. Hopes aren't high, but it beat dealing with these dicks who can only follow what their sales guide says. After that, the 17's should be rolling in and maybe they will be willing to negotiate. Other than that, it may be out of state.
theKrow is offline   Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 03:22 AM   #12
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 171
I'd say you could try jim browne dodge in Tampa. They usually offer a few under MSRP. They kind of screwed me over on a used Challenger I bought from them but more than made up for it selling me my JK.
Akmonster is offline   Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 06:43 PM   #13
Jeeper
 
Sharonkurheg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 47
Hi everyone! I live in Central FL, will be looking to buy my first Jeep within the next month or two, and I'm not getting warm fuzzies about the issue of price :-). However I keep seeing mention of Koons, out of VA. How do you take care of that, especially with a trade in? Drive up for the transaction? Purchase sight unseen and have them ship the Jeep and you ship the trade-in? Please educate this newbie...I've never bought a car that was *this* wanted, LOL! Thanks!
Sharonkurheg is offline   Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 07:09 AM
Thread Starter
  #14
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharonkurheg View Post
Hi everyone! I live in Central FL, will be looking to buy my first Jeep within the next month or two, and I'm not getting warm fuzzies about the issue of price :-). However I keep seeing mention of Koons, out of VA. How do you take care of that, especially with a trade in? Drive up for the transaction? Purchase sight unseen and have them ship the Jeep and you ship the trade-in? Please educate this newbie...I've never bought a car that was *this* wanted, LOL! Thanks!
I contacted Koons and they will do a sight unseen evaluation. I provided pictures and a video. They wanted me to drive up and do the deal and come back home.. but 800 miles or so is a little tough. Good dealership though and I may take them up on the offer in the near future. Just be very honest about every little thing. (I provided them bullet points, like age of brakes, tires etc..) So you aren't in an odd situation once you arrived.
theKrow is offline   Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 08:09 AM   #15
Jeeper
 
Sharonkurheg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by theKrow View Post
I contacted Koons and they will do a sight unseen evaluation. I provided pictures and a video. They wanted me to drive up and do the deal and come back home.. but 800 miles or so is a little tough. Good dealership though and I may take them up on the offer in the near future. Just be very honest about every little thing. (I provided them bullet points, like age of brakes, tires etc..) So you aren't in an odd situation once you arrived.
Ah, OK....so travel may be in the cards if I went that way. OK, thank-you for sharing your experience!

Sharonkurheg is offline   Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off






All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:40 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC