Looking to go mudding in a group - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > WF Local > WF Local Forums for Your Region and State > Florida Jeep Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 01-24-2017, 04:15 PM
Thread Starter
  #1
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 66
Looking to go mudding in a group

I am located in MIA gardens but am willing to travel within 70 miles for a good mudding spot. Looking to test out my tj in the mud. I have a winch, compressor and straps. Prefer at least 1 person with lockers and proper tires for mud terrain. Pic of the jeep posted just for kicks.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20170111_140153_HDR_1485296067136.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	159.8 KB
ID:	3426426  
pabs2.5banger is offline   Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 10:03 AM
Thread Starter
  #2
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 66
This is disappointing... Everybody has a jeep but no one wants to use it. Gonna keep bumpin the post .

pabs2.5banger is offline   Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 02:22 AM   #3
Jeeper
 
MrSig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Davie, Fl
Posts: 33,363
For safety most Jeepers go wheeling with clubs so they stay out of trouble and not go to places the police don't wont us in.

There are many good clubs in Florida to join. Some allow drinking and some don't! Check some out and see who is a good fit for you! Most clubs will let you go to there events for free to meet them.

Good luck with your search.
__________________
07 JKUSR to see my mods or Jeep in action go to http://www.aaof.us/jeep.htm
CEO of Black Sheep 4x4s org,
Member of CCJ, White Jeep Club Member #137.
MrSig is offline   Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-27-2017, 12:23 PM
Thread Starter
  #4
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSig View Post
For safety most Jeepers go wheeling with clubs so they stay out of trouble and not go to places the police don't wont us in.

There are many good clubs in Florida to join. Some allow drinking and some don't! Check some out and see who is a good fit for you! Most clubs will let you go to there events for free to meet them.

Good luck with your search.
Thats the thing I have already reached out to some off the jeep, 4x4, and Offroad clubs in the immediate areas. Typically their stuff consists of meets, & very little offroading especially locally for said reasons.

I have already taken the liberty of discovering fresh trails right in my area of Miami Gardens. I have already contacted the property owners and asked for permission which I have been granted conditionally.

If anyone is interested post on this thread or PM me.
pabs2.5banger is offline   Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 12:37 PM   #5
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Miami
Posts: 308
for sure man.. I am interested..
My JKU is manual and I just twisted my ankle lol
I was in the HUMP in homestead last weekend. Ran into tons of 4x4.. I mean..a ton..


I work in Homestead but live in Miami so going to trails further north aint that bad.

I heard of trails just north of Miami Motocross park.. about 5 min north of Miccosuki Casino

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPONvMCfbvk
Qomomoko is offline   Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 10:46 AM   #6
Jeeper
 
ComputerGeek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 86
Looking to go mudding in a group

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qomomoko View Post
for sure man.. I am interested..

My JKU is manual and I just twisted my ankle lol

I was in the HUMP in homestead last weekend. Ran into tons of 4x4.. I mean..a ton..





I work in Homestead but live in Miami so going to trails further north aint that bad.



I heard of trails just north of Miami Motocross park.. about 5 min north of Miccosuki Casino



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPONvMCfbvk


Anyway you can email me that video? That's my friend in the yellow Jeep and she wants to save the video. I think the trails you are talking about off of krome ave and almost US 27 is called hell hole.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ComputerGeek is offline   Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 03:03 PM
Thread Starter
  #7
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 66
No the hump is way down south. Either way yeah we will set something up soon. I will pm you my info so we can link up when your all better
pabs2.5banger is offline   Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 07:23 PM   #8
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Miami
Posts: 308
only on youtube

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComputerGeek View Post
Anyway you can email me that video? That's my friend in the yellow Jeep and she wants to save the video. I think the trails you are talking about off of krome ave and almost US 27 is called hell hole.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Only from youtube man.. we deleted the video already... there is sure to be a way to download it from youtube

Quote:
Originally Posted by pabs2.5banger View Post
No the hump is way down south. Either way yeah we will set something up soon. I will pm you my info so we can link up when your all better
sweet.. have a stinger and hitch receiver now... rear bumper on way

Qomomoko is offline   Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 03:50 AM   #9
Jeeper
 
MrSig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Davie, Fl
Posts: 33,363
Quote:
Originally Posted by pabs2.5banger View Post
Thats the thing I have already reached out to some off the jeep, 4x4, and Offroad clubs in the immediate areas. Typically their stuff consists of meets, & very little offroading especially locally for said reasons.

I have already taken the liberty of discovering fresh trails right in my area of Miami Gardens. I have already contacted the property owners and asked for permission which I have been granted conditionally.

If anyone is interested post on this thread or PM me.
Our club Black Sheep 4x4s goes off road at least once a month plus our other event at shows.
__________________
07 JKUSR to see my mods or Jeep in action go to http://www.aaof.us/jeep.htm
CEO of Black Sheep 4x4s org,
Member of CCJ, White Jeep Club Member #137.
MrSig is offline   Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 04:36 PM   #10
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 250
Whoever is following this thread. I was formerly known as pabs2.5banger. Had account problems with a new phone. Here I am.

These past 2 weeks I met a group of XJ guys and they have been showing me the ropes. I have already hit the humps down south by FL City and the end of Bird Rd. I am still looking to form a little group. If anyone's interested hit me up personally on my profile. PM

I only ask that if you want to form a group wit me. No guns, no hard drugs. Looking to have a good time responsibly.
LPABS2.5BANGEer is offline   Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 08:58 PM   #11
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 250
Bumping the thread.
LPABS2.5BANGEer is offline   Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 09:46 PM   #12
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 250
I went out to the humps. It was fun. Follow me on instagram Pablogt2 to see some of the shenanigans I was doing.


Come on guys! No forum members were out there. I have seen a lot of talk on these pages, and others, a lot of FB likes, a lot of excuses as to why you could not come out. Gotta represent the wrangler community. Use your rig for what it was intended for!
LPABS2.5BANGEer is offline   Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 04:48 PM   #13
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Miami
Posts: 308
Quote:
Originally Posted by LPABS2.5BANGEer View Post
I went out to the humps. It was fun. Follow me on instagram Pablogt2 to see some of the shenanigans I was doing.


Come on guys! No forum members were out there. I have seen a lot of talk on these pages, and others, a lot of FB likes, a lot of excuses as to why you could not come out. Gotta represent the wrangler community. Use your rig for what it was intended for!
agree... excuses... hope to play next weekend.. LOL but i prefer dry season so I can play with motocross bike too... hope a cold spell is coming too
Qomomoko is offline   Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 12:58 PM   #14
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 250
Bumping the thread...
So far I have been going to the humps down south . Still riding with my XJ friends. New addition to the group was a sick Turbo 2.5 TJ. The beast is on 37s and tears stuff up. He is not a forum member.
If anyone is ever interested HMU send me a PM
LPABS2.5BANGEer is offline   Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 06:24 PM   #15
Newb
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 6
Im super interested in getting. Went last weekend to 836 ends and meets 8th street, lots of fun. I have the tires, no lockers though. Really want to check out Big Cypress Reserve.

Let me know
anovas is offline   Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 07:11 PM   #16
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by anovas View Post
Im super interested in getting. Went last weekend to 836 ends and meets 8th street, lots of fun. I have the tires, no lockers though. Really want to check out Big Cypress Reserve.

Let me know
This weekend I am gonna explore the lost lakes. With my XJ and ZJ buddies. Want to come? Click on my username and send me a personal message with your contact info. Planning for either an evening Saturday or midday Sunday ride.
LPABS2.5BANGEer is offline   Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 03:06 PM   #17
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 250
Did not get to go out this weekend. Helping a friend with his TJ stretch project. If anyone ever seriously wants to go wheeling some other time LMK.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0068_1491163570629.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	152.2 KB
ID:	3529946  
LPABS2.5BANGEer is offline   Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 06:04 PM   #18
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 250
Bumping the thread. For sure I am gonna explore "Lost Lakes" located off the I75 and 138th street this weekend with my group, this weekend. I am gonna start posting pictures of my excursions.
LPABS2.5BANGEer is offline   Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 01:45 PM   #19
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Miami
Posts: 308
not really mudding but will be at SHARK valley this weekend..

not much mudd but will be at SHARK valley this weekend and other other weekend day maybe chill at the Everglades national park.. mudd soon though..
Qomomoko is offline   Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 04:10 PM   #20
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qomomoko View Post
not much mudd but will be at SHARK valley this weekend and other other weekend day maybe chill at the Everglades national park.. mudd soon though..
I don't think shark valley has access for any kind of car or truck.... It's like a walking deal if I remember correctly.
LPABS2.5BANGEer is offline   Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 05:30 PM   #21
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Miami
Posts: 308
Quote:
Originally Posted by LPABS2.5BANGEer View Post
I don't think shark valley has access for any kind of car or truck.... It's like a walking deal if I remember correctly.
just the parking LOL.. but plan on starting up my cycling and hope to do two slow loops..
Qomomoko is offline   Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 01:49 PM   #22
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by LPABS2.5BANGEer View Post
Bumping the thread. For sure I am gonna explore "Lost Lakes" located off the I75 and 138th street this weekend with my group, this weekend. I am gonna start posting pictures of my excursions.
It was fun. Lost lakes was not intense. Light scenic trails. Only one really muddy track that we could find.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170408_210132_039_1491850099173.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	160.4 KB
ID:	3541866   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0079_1491850123101.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	141.0 KB
ID:	3541874  

LPABS2.5BANGEer is offline   Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 12:54 PM   #23
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 250
Another missed opportunity for you guys. This past Saturday, I went down to the humps in FL city. It turned into a mission. I met a guy in his JK he was new to the area showed him around.

To make a long story short he decided to test the limits of his rug and he got stuck...

REALLY, REALLY STUCK. I tried to winch him out, no dice. JKU far outweighs my tj so I was drawing myself in towards him. A ram 1500 came along and I tried using him as an anchor, I was dragging myself AND THE RAM. Things were getting desperate. Ram guys brother shows up with his 1500 as well as my JK friend.
MY WINCH, MY BOYS WINCH, TWO RAM 1500s anchoring me down, An old school suburban with chains, AND NOTHING!!! This guy was stuck real bad. Cables Chains and Bumpers were failing left and right. Eventually we got him out. A testament to warn performance tho. Everybody else's winch was overheating shorting failing. I was pulling 2 ram 1500s with my powerplant.
LPABS2.5BANGEer is offline   Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 05:03 PM   #24
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 250
Nobody local on this forum goes offroading. What's the point of having these shit cars if you don't use them for what they are marketed for.
LPABS2.5BANGEer is offline   Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 11:01 AM   #25
Newb
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 6
I live in Miami Lakes and am down to go this weekend
vadien is offline   Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 09:33 AM   #26
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by vadien View Post
I live in Miami Lakes and am down to go this weekend
I just checked the thread. This weekend is over for me when it comes to offroading. But I go out almost every weekend. Just shoot me a Personal Message and we can coordinate something for whenever. I am very familiar with Lost Lakes in our neighborhood
LPABS2.5BANGEer is offline   Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 09:58 AM   #27
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 250
Last night I was down @ the humps. Things got a little hectic. I bent my tail pipe pretty bad gonna have to cut it out.

A lot of people were in a group ride associated with the Conejos Locos crew and some other groups. Some idiot pulled out a gun on someone over a fight. It is lawless out there at night. But as a result I have decided to no longer participate in those night rides @ the humps. It's very calm and cool during the day, none of that drama.

Pic of when my tailpipe got caught up on the rocks. Sorry for the quality
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0143_1495378695948.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	155.3 KB
ID:	3599818  
LPABS2.5BANGEer is offline   Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 01:36 PM   #28
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 250
Well, finally met someone on this forum. Vadien, and I met up this weekend and I took him to the LOST LAKES, and The Hump. He had fun and got to really test his TJ out. You can see our adventure on my instagram @pablogt2, or @vadien_. He and I have plans to meet up again. If anyone wants to try offroading with someone who knows a couple spots HMU.

WHERE U AT LLANERO? HOW ABOUT YOU QOMOMOKO?
LPABS2.5BANGEer is offline   Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 09:01 AM   #29
Newb
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 6
Had fun at the humps with LPABS2.5BANGEer, pm me or him if you want to meet us at Lost Lakes tomorrow.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170527_173830_1497016751587.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	196.4 KB
ID:	3624721  
vadien is offline   Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 05:36 PM   #30
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by vadien View Post
Had fun at the humps with LPABS2.5BANGEer, pm me or him if you want to meet us at Lost Lakes tomorrow.
Thanks Vadien. The official meet up is gonna be tomorrow. Around 12-1pm the location is gonna be the planet fitness parking lot just off the I75 and 138th street. Open to anyone who wants to come.

LPABS2.5BANGEer is offline   Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off






All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:01 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, Gladiator, Mopar and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to FCA US LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with FCA US LLC.