Mirrors for when the doors are popped off? - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > JL Jeep Wrangler Forum > JL Wrangler General Discussion

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By MTBJEEP
  • 1 Post By Old Dogger
Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 06-06-2019, 08:18 AM
Thread Starter
  #1
Newb
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 8
Mirrors for when the doors are popped off?

So I’ve been looking around the internet for some mirrors to slot on my JL when I pop the doors off during a nice summer day. What do you guys have for recommendations for effective replacement mirrors? I’ve been looking at the barricade ones that slot in the door hinge area but all the reviews say they fold in on the vehicle when on the highway. Are there any that are pretty stable?

j.boyd919 is offline   Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 09:53 AM   #2
Jeeper
 
SirRyan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: TN
Posts: 588
I use the little round stick on ones...put them on the a/c vents.

__________________
Fortes Fortuna Juvat
SirRyan is offline   Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 03:17 PM   #3
Sponsoring Vendor
 
Quadratec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: West Chester, PA
Posts: 2,425
Hey there!

We offer a few different mirrors for your jeep! We also offer discounts to forum members! Check them out!


https://www.quadratec.com/products/13111_0400_14.htm


https://www.quadratec.com/products/13111_0401_14.htm


https://www.quadratec.com/p/lange-or...ep-wrangler-jl


https://www.quadratec.com/p/trail-mi...er-jl-11025.26

There are more options here:
https://www.quadratec.com/categories...ors?kw=mirrors

If you see anything you would like to know more about, just shoot us a PM and we will get back to you with a quote! Have a great day!

-Justin
__________________

We Price Match, PM us for a quote
Forum Member Discounts

Active Hours: 9am-5pm EST Monday - Friday
Wrangler PartsWrangler WheelsWrangler TiresWrangler Lift KitsWrangler BumpersWrangler Soft Tops
Quadratec is offline   Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 06-06-2019, 03:32 PM   #4
Jeeper
 
2014 JKU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Wilson, NC
Posts: 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by j.boyd919 View Post
So I’ve been looking around the internet for some mirrors to slot on my JL when I pop the doors off during a nice summer day. What do you guys have for recommendations for effective replacement mirrors? I’ve been looking at the barricade ones that slot in the door hinge area but all the reviews say they fold in on the vehicle when on the highway. Are there any that are pretty stable?
The laws differ from state to state. Be sure to check the laws where you live. I live in NC and the law specifically states that the side view mirror must placed on the outside of the vehicle. A mirror stuck on the AC vent is inside the vehicle and will not satisfy the mounted outside requirement. You may also want to check the laws of any state you may visit to make sure you're in compliance with their laws and don't get a ticket. Some states only require a windshield mounted rear view mirror. That being said most LEO's I know wouldn't even stop you for not having a side view mirror.
__________________
2.5" Skyjacker Lift | 20" Fuel Throttle Wheels | 35" Toyo Open Country MT | TeraFlex HD Hinged Carrier with Adjustable Tire Mount | Skid Row Offroad Engine/Transmission Skid Plate| Factory Hardtop and Soft Top
2014 JKU is offline   Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 10:11 PM
Thread Starter
  #5
Newb
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2014 JKU View Post
The laws differ from state to state. Be sure to check the laws where you live. I live in NC and the law specifically states that the side view mirror must placed on the outside of the vehicle. A mirror stuck on the AC vent is inside the vehicle and will not satisfy the mounted outside requirement. You may also want to check the laws of any state you may visit to make sure you're in compliance with their laws and don't get a ticket. Some states only require a windshield mounted rear view mirror. That being said most LEO's I know wouldn't even stop you for not having a side view mirror.
I'm in Florida and I saw that side mirrors aren't actually required in Florida as long as the rearview mirror view isn't obstructed but I am going to get some just to be on the safe side. I've been looking at the Motor City Aftermarket ones.
j.boyd919 is offline   Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 10:28 PM   #6
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 17
I'm in WI. Not required here either as long as you can see 300 ft back in your rearview mirror. But always good to be safe.
pinwhoo is offline   Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 08:18 AM   #7
Jeeper
 
2014 JKU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Wilson, NC
Posts: 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by j.boyd919 View Post
I'm in Florida and I saw that side mirrors aren't actually required in Florida as long as the rearview mirror view isn't obstructed but I am going to get some just to be on the safe side. I've been looking at the Motor City Aftermarket ones.
I agree, I bought the Rugged Ridge quick release rectangular mirrors for both sides. They were around $70 and I figure that's a lot less than a ticket and having them on both sides I should be good wherever I go. I liked the rectangular better than the round because it reminds me of the mirrors on my old CJ 7.
__________________
2.5" Skyjacker Lift | 20" Fuel Throttle Wheels | 35" Toyo Open Country MT | TeraFlex HD Hinged Carrier with Adjustable Tire Mount | Skid Row Offroad Engine/Transmission Skid Plate| Factory Hardtop and Soft Top
2014 JKU is offline   Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 01:17 PM
Thread Starter
  #8
Newb
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2014 JKU View Post
I agree, I bought the Rugged Ridge quick release rectangular mirrors for both sides. They were around $70 and I figure that's a lot less than a ticket and having them on both sides I should be good wherever I go. I liked the rectangular better than the round because it reminds me of the mirrors on my old CJ 7.
I went with the Motor City Aftermarket ones. I'm just hopping they don't vibrate as much or fold in at higher speeds like the others I was researching.
j.boyd919 is offline   Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 08:40 AM   #9
Supporting Member

5-Year WF Supporting Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 23
I bought the Steinjager ones that drop into the upper pin and has a strong magnet that sticks to your inner door jam to keep it stable. Here's the problem though. If you go to a store or something someone can just walk up to your jeep and pluck them out.
sf5211 is offline   Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 09:13 AM   #10
Jeeper
 
BlueGator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: will county, Il
Posts: 67
I use long stem Harley mirrors fits perfect no vibration or folding or noticeable noise on my JK not sure if JL hinge is same length.
BlueGator is offline   Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 11:26 AM   #11
Jeeper
 
MTBJEEP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 19
Just bought the Lange mirrors. Perfect. Good design to prevent unwanted movements while still being easy to adjust.



Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
MTBJEEP is offline   Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 07:39 AM   #12
Jeeper
 
ItIsMe25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 25
I installed the Tazer JL in my Rubicon. I just configured the rear view camera to come on when I use my turn signals.

I am also hopefully this summer getting cameras to mount on either side of the jeep and will use those when the doors are off.

The tazer jl allows you to have after market cameras and configure them to display on your uconnect monitor.
ItIsMe25 is offline   Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 04:17 PM   #13
Jeeper
 
JeepsandSnow's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 294
I got kikbax as a birthday present one year. Didn't realize how much I would like them until I had a pair. Not so much for the foot rest but just for the ease of installation and complete lack of vibration.

https://www.kikbaxoffroad.com/
__________________
2012 Sahara Unlimited - Dark Cherry Red - Trek top NX, Teraflex leveling kit, 33'' Duratracs, VDP stubby bumper, 1.5" Spidertrax, LCA skids, oil pan skid, & diff covers
2013 WRX - Pearl White
JeepsandSnow is offline   Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 05:18 PM   #14
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 18
I purchased a set from Rugged Ridge that requires mounting a quick-release mount to the a-pillar using the factory bolts. Good concept and worked well, but I ended up buying a Gobi rack and the mount for the Gobi needed the same bolts, so the mount had to go and the mirrors no longer work. Otherwise, they are great, easy to detach mirrors.
tampajku is offline   Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 07:25 PM   #15
THE MIGHTY GRIZZLY!

5-Year WF Supporting Member
::WF Moderator::
 
Old Dogger's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: AZ. In the Ponderosa Pine Country, where the Bears are hungry..
Posts: 24,425
Quote:
Originally Posted by tampajku View Post
I purchased a set from Rugged Ridge that requires mounting a quick-release mount to the a-pillar using the factory bolts. Good concept and worked well, but I ended up buying a Gobi rack and the mount for the Gobi needed the same bolts, so the mount had to go and the mirrors no longer work. Otherwise, they are great, easy to detach mirrors.
Welcome to the Forum.
__________________
1974 CJ5, 2003 TJ, 2013 2 door Black Rubicon, auto, with 4.10 ratio.
Shaking at 40-70 MPH, Read this!!!

The Mighty Grizzly is not concerned,
with
the needs of the Hunter....


Click here and become a WF supporting Member
Old Dogger is offline   Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 06:21 AM   #16
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 18
Thanks!
tampajku is offline   Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 09:54 AM
Thread Starter
  #17
Newb
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by tampajku View Post
Thanks!
Tampa eh? I’m in Tampa too. Been waiting for this weather to die down so I can pop off the doors. The rain every day has been shitty.
j.boyd919 is offline   Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 10:10 AM   #18
Jeeper
 
doctorsteve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Derby, NY
Posts: 746
https://steinjager.com/shop/Mirror-2...-Hinge-Mounted

These are great, but easily stolen. But you'd have to be a dick to steal them for your own Jeep, and most Jeep drivers aren't. Anything can be stolen, you just need a wrench. I've never had any trouble and they are very stable.
__________________
I gots a Jeep
doctorsteve is offline   Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 10:50 AM   #19
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by j.boyd919 View Post
Tampa eh? I’m in Tampa too. Been waiting for this weather to die down so I can pop off the doors. The rain every day has been shitty.
Tell me about it. These daily downpours have had me driving my wife's Commander half the time. But at least it has a Hemi
tampajku is offline   Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 08:01 PM   #20
Jeeper
 
Trv.city's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Michigan
Posts: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTBJEEP View Post
Just bought the Lange mirrors. Perfect. Good design to prevent unwanted movements while still being easy to adjust.



Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Which Lange mirrors did you get? The ones that go in the hinge or the ones that have a mount? I want to get soft doors and will not be able to use the hinge mounts. Thanks
Trv.city is offline   Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 03:07 PM   #21
Jeeper
 
MTBJEEP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trv.city View Post
Which Lange mirrors did you get? The ones that go in the hinge or the ones that have a mount? I want to get soft doors and will not be able to use the hinge mounts. Thanks
I got the ones that mount onto the body panel. Very easy install and leaves the hinges free for half doors etc.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Trv.city likes this.
MTBJEEP is offline   Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 03:33 PM   #22
Newb
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Arizona
Posts: 5
have you found the Kickbax scrape up your door hinge at all? They always looked like they'd mess up my stuff...
CasualDemon is offline   Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 03:50 PM   #23
THE MIGHTY GRIZZLY!

5-Year WF Supporting Member
::WF Moderator::
 
Old Dogger's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: AZ. In the Ponderosa Pine Country, where the Bears are hungry..
Posts: 24,425
Quote:
Originally Posted by CasualDemon View Post
have you found the Kickbax scrape up your door hinge at all? They always looked like they'd mess up my stuff...
Welcome to the Forum.
CasualDemon likes this.
__________________
1974 CJ5, 2003 TJ, 2013 2 door Black Rubicon, auto, with 4.10 ratio.
Shaking at 40-70 MPH, Read this!!!

The Mighty Grizzly is not concerned,
with
the needs of the Hunter....


Click here and become a WF supporting Member
Old Dogger is offline   Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 07:55 PM   #24
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepsandSnow View Post
I got kikbax as a birthday present one year. Didn't realize how much I would like them until I had a pair. Not so much for the foot rest but just for the ease of installation and complete lack of vibration.

https://www.kikbaxoffroad.com/
Have you found using the Kikbaxoffroad mirror/footrest combo cause any paint damage to anywhere that it actually touches? It appears it would cause some paint damage in a few areas.
Ski in KC is offline   Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 05:10 PM   #25
Newb
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Arizona
Posts: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ski in KC View Post
Have you found using the Kikbaxoffroad mirror/footrest combo cause any paint damage to anywhere that it actually touches? It appears it would cause some paint damage in a few areas.
Clearly a good question. I mean, I asked the same thing like, 2 posts ago hahah
CasualDemon is offline   Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 02:43 PM   #26
Jeeper
 
JeepsandSnow's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 294
Quote:
Originally Posted by CasualDemon View Post
Clearly a good question. I mean, I asked the same thing like, 2 posts ago hahah
Sorry for the delay guys! No I've had them for a while now and never had even a scratch on the paint from them. They have a real thick powder coat that helps prevent the scratching.

__________________
2012 Sahara Unlimited - Dark Cherry Red - Trek top NX, Teraflex leveling kit, 33'' Duratracs, VDP stubby bumper, 1.5" Spidertrax, LCA skids, oil pan skid, & diff covers
2013 WRX - Pearl White
JeepsandSnow is offline   Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off






All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:04 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC