02-19-2018, 07:36 AM
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Newbie looking for advice
I'm new to this forum and a hopeful future Wrangler owner.
I currently have a '18 Grand Cherokee (my 3rd Jeep overall) so I'm pretty familiar with the Jeep brand. I also have a '16 WRX which I'm looking to trade in for a JLU.
I'm new to this scene so please excuse my naivety.
I think I know want I want, but not sure what everything is.
What draws me to the JL is the new styling, technology options, and the Mojito green color.
I'm looking at a JLU Sahara in Mojito with LED, cold weather, aux switches, black hard top, all-terrain tires, Alpine audio system, 8.4" display, and remote prox keys.
Here's where I need your advice:
- Does this configuration make sense?
- Should I spend the extra money for leather Sahara seats?
- Are the AUX switches worth it? If I add a light bar, I can't wire it to one of those switches right?
- How does the 3.6 manual compare to "sports car" manuals like my WRX?
- Do I want the all-terrain tires?
- I'm hoping to get all of this out the door for $40k or less. Is that too aggressive?
- Does anyone know when the Mojito ordering opens up?
Sorry for all the questions. I tried searching on some of these topics but most of the information I found is before the JL was actually out in the world.
I don't have any major plans for my JL other than some lighting and styling stuff. Can't lift it due to my low garage height so that's out and any tires that are going to add significant overall height.