1st real post , so go easy on me...
So I have started the quest to order a 2018 JLU Rubicon. Not sure when that is technically possible yet at the dealership but went thru the list (& maybe I'll come back to reality once I see the price but you have to start somewhere right?)
* ERC 3.6L V6 24V VVT Engine Upgrade with ESS
* EXJ 3.0L V6 Turbo Diesel Engine with ESS G3
Q: will ordering the diesel delay the order? how long (any best guesses/estimates)?
* DEM - 6-Speed RWD Manual Transmission
* DFT - 8-Speed Auto 850RE Transmission (Make)
* DFV - 8 Speed Auto 8HP75 Transmission (Buy-Germany)
Q: what is Buy-Germany? Maybe required for the diesel?
* PW7 - Bright White Clear Coat
* maybe Blue (mentioned)
* Cloth I think... but which one? (might have the top off ALOT + seatcovers... so why in the world would you put leather on this?)
* AAN - Technology Group
* AD6 - LED Lighting Group
* ADC - Convenience Group
* ADH - Heavy Duty Electrical Group
* AEK - Electronic Infotainment Systems Group
* AST - Steel Bumper Group ?
* AJ1 - Safety Group
Q: need to come up with details on these packages... as some of these single options may fall off if I take the package.
* HAA - Air Conditioning
* RC4 - Alpine Premium Audio System
* RFP - Apple CarPlay
* XWX - Jeep Trail Rated Kit
Q: AC is not standard? or is upgraded one? + What is a Jeep Trail Rated Kit?
* MC6 - Steel Font Bumper
* MRK - Tubular Side Steps
* GCD - Deep Tint Sunscreen Windows
Q: factory tint? I will want it tinted but what is legal in California? Is it worth it to have the dealer do it / throw it in? (aka covered under factory warranty?)
* HT3 - Body Color 3-Piece Hard Top
* TDB or
* TRR - 244/70R18 All-Terrain Tires
* WPT - 18" x 7.5" Tech Gray Polished Face Wheels
Q: Go big or go home right? But do these come standard on the Rubicon?
* GXD - Remote Proximity Keyless Entry
Future mods for a 2018 JLU Rubicon
My primary use: Just living the dream & getting around in style in a convertible SUV. Mainly around the beach cities in San Diego/OC/LA while carrying my stuff. (laptop, surfboards, bicycles, people, etc. etc.) Would I drive this into Mexico? Maybe... (would need to think about that + talk to my insurance agent)
So I am creating a running list personalized to me in order that is suggested & vetted by these forums... Yes I'm new but I do know how to read the other threads, which I will do.
1) lock box (big enough to hold a briefcase/laptop)
2) lock boxes under the front seats
3) Tuffy hood lock *
4) 6' stainless steel chain locked to right seat runner *
5) tow package? (no factory option or is it standard / which aftermarket options?)
6) you suggest anything I should consider adding to the list and/or a model of an aftermarket part to strong consider. (it's the purpose of this post/list)
* = suggested by another (under consideration)
remember this is for a 2018 JLU Rubicon, will it fit?