Speakers! - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > JL Jeep Wrangler Forum > JL Wrangler General Discussion

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By POLARIS PRO
  • 1 Post By RubiconSS
  • 1 Post By SteedGun
  • 1 Post By Pressurized
  • 2 Post By JeepCares
  • 1 Post By SteedGun
Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 12-11-2019, 05:43 PM
Thread Starter
  #1
Supporting Member

5-Year WF Supporting Member
 
SteedGun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Utah - Spirit Home of Jeep
Posts: 2,113
Speakers!

When I picked up my new JLUR in Oct the sound (speakers) were not working. No, this is not that mute button right below the volume. They were just off. After an hour or so of the dealer messing with the computer they had it all working great. Until today. They went silent again and I cannot get them back on with any setting change, source change, etc.

Has anyone else had this?

Now, I get to go for the three hour dealer tour #$&!

__________________
Molon Labe - Carry on!
SteedGun is offline   Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 06:25 PM   #2
Moderator

5-Year WF Supporting Member
::WF Moderator::
 
aldo90731's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Bellingham, WA
Posts: 8,773
Sorry. Can’t say it’s happened to mine...yet.

Having said that, I’ve had endless issues with Pandora on my 2018 Fiat Spider. Haven’t been able to play any music in two months. The dealer was useless because it is a Mazda interface and, well, they just don’t sell enough Fiats to know what’s going on. Today finally found a workaround solution on my own...

__________________

2018 JLU Sahara
Eight prior JKs and JKUs
aldo90731 is offline   Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 06:50 PM   #3
Jeeper
 
POLARIS PRO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 288
Try hitting the AM source. It worked on mine


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SteedGun likes this.
POLARIS PRO is offline   Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 12-11-2019, 10:12 PM
Thread Starter
  #4
Supporting Member

5-Year WF Supporting Member
 
SteedGun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Utah - Spirit Home of Jeep
Posts: 2,113
Thanks I will try that when I get back home. I was certain I went through all the sources today but anything to avoid a dealer trip, right?
__________________
Molon Labe - Carry on!
SteedGun is offline   Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 01:35 PM   #5
WF approved Offical Jeep Account.
 
JeepCares's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Mopar World Headquarters, Center Line, MI
Posts: 1,314
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteedGun View Post
When I picked up my new JLUR in Oct the sound (speakers) were not working. No, this is not that mute button right below the volume. They were just off. After an hour or so of the dealer messing with the computer they had it all working great. Until today. They went silent again and I cannot get them back on with any setting change, source change, etc.

Has anyone else had this?

Now, I get to go for the three hour dealer tour #$&!
Hello,
We understand you are reaching out to your fellow forum members for guidance; however, should you need to visit the dealer, please feel free to send us a PM. We'd be happy to connect you with a Case Specialist.
Alex
JeepCares
JeepCares is online now   Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 08:24 PM   #6
Jeeper
 
POLARIS PRO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 288
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteedGun View Post
Thanks I will try that when I get back home. I was certain I went through all the sources today but anything to avoid a dealer trip, right?


I thought I did, but I didnít hit the AM until I read it online. It actually worked for me


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
POLARIS PRO is offline   Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 08:26 PM   #7
Supporting Member

5-Year WF Supporting Member
 
RubiconSS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 16,607
Not sure If this is the Time or Place but.....

I might offer... JeepCares efforts Always appreciated.

The fact that Soooo many of Us do almost anything to NOT go to our dealers (or Any dealer) Even when it is FREE...
Should speak volumes.

Just throwing it out there...

We seek input from our fellow forum members for lots of reasons. Some fixable.
Pressurized likes this.
__________________
"Sticking Feathers up Your Butt does Not make You a Chicken"
RubiconSS is offline   Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 08:04 AM
Thread Starter
  #8
Supporting Member

5-Year WF Supporting Member
 
SteedGun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Utah - Spirit Home of Jeep
Posts: 2,113
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepCares View Post
Hello,
We understand you are reaching out to your fellow forum members for guidance; however, should you need to visit the dealer, please feel free to send us a PM. We'd be happy to connect you with a Case Specialist.
Alex
JeepCares
Thank you very much. The only trouble with going to a dealer is going to a dealer. I travel a lot and this is not easy for me to just give up 2-3 hours it usually takes any of my local dealers to solve something like this. If the AM source trick does not work I will be at a dealer soon but that is tricky when I get home late tonight and leave again on a plane Sunday morning for next week.

I will say that I sincerely appreciate you keeping an eye on the forum. I showed this at a tech conference yesterday as an example of how companies can help manage their social media presence with a positive influence. Nice!
aldo90731 likes this.
__________________
Molon Labe - Carry on!
SteedGun is offline   Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 08:23 AM   #9
I drive Papa Smurf

WF Lifetime Member
WF Supporting Member
::WF Moderator::
 
Pressurized's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Gilbert, AZ
Posts: 14,195
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubiconSS View Post
Not sure If this is the Time or Place but.....

I might offer... JeepCares efforts Always appreciated.

The fact that Soooo many of Us do almost anything to NOT go to our dealers (or Any dealer) Even when it is FREE...
Should speak volumes.

Just throwing it out there...

We seek input from our fellow forum members for lots of reasons. Some fixable.
Sad, but true... Oh wait, that's one of my favorite Metallica songs!!

I digress... Why do the Stealerships annoy us so much? Maybe it's the insanity of the process? Getting them to do what you actually want them to do? Like the steering fix. You can show them the bulletins, and still not get the software update.

And if you're out of warranty, anything you want done will cost 3 times what you can have it done for at an independent shop. So glad I have a shop that I trust.
aldo90731 likes this.
__________________
2006 LJ Rubicon - Solar Yellow - Very Stock'ish - The Press Casual LJ-R build
2012 JKU Sahara - Pro Comp LED Headlights - PRS Audio mod- SWS - GraBars - Bestop Cargo Cover
- Mopar 2" Frankenlift - Teraflex Falcon Shocks - RE TB/Brackets - JKS mount/Bilstein stabilizer -
Rugged Ridge XHD
bumper - Yukon Gears - G2 Diff Covers - Pro Comp 8186 - Milestar Patagonia 35's - Teraflex BRK
- TORQ Locker - 1310 Driveshaft - PowerTrax Grip Pro - Full Core 4x4 Control Arms and Track Bars
Pressurized is offline   Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 08:33 AM
Thread Starter
  #10
Supporting Member

5-Year WF Supporting Member
 
SteedGun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Utah - Spirit Home of Jeep
Posts: 2,113
Yup. Agreed.

It is compounded in my area as the closest dealer to me Larry Miller in Bountiful, UT is just terrible. Once upon a time it was Bountiful Jeep and I bought three Jeeps from them. When Larry Miller took over it went downhill fast. I will probably drive into SLC and go to SLC Valley Jeep on State Street. They have been very good lately.
__________________
Molon Labe - Carry on!
SteedGun is offline   Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 09:05 AM   #11
Jeeper
 
Willy Nomaps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: at the moment
Posts: 100
The idea that an ad/marketing agency is contracted by FCA, to foster the illusion that someone cares, instills the opposite impression in my mind.


If someone in a position of influence cared, FCA would proactively train and support the dealer network which purportedly represents the brand to the customer.


If FCA will not systematically support its dealer's service departments with adequate training and diagnostic information, then it seems unlikely a youngster working as an account gopher at some ad firm is going to have a positive impact on the circumstance.



Good luck with your speakers.
Willy Nomaps is offline   Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 10:12 AM   #12
WF approved Offical Jeep Account.
 
JeepCares's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Mopar World Headquarters, Center Line, MI
Posts: 1,314
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteedGun View Post
Thank you very much. The only trouble with going to a dealer is going to a dealer. I travel a lot and this is not easy for me to just give up 2-3 hours it usually takes any of my local dealers to solve something like this. If the AM source trick does not work I will be at a dealer soon but that is tricky when I get home late tonight and leave again on a plane Sunday morning for next week.

I will say that I sincerely appreciate you keeping an eye on the forum. I showed this at a tech conference yesterday as an example of how companies can help manage their social media presence with a positive influence. Nice!
You're welcome, SteedGun. We appreciate your kind words. We do understand the visiting your dealer can pose an inconvenience. Our Case Specialists do use all possible resources in an effort to make your dealer visit as quick and easy as possible. We're here to remind customer's that if they do end up needing to visit a dealer, we can offer a helping hand.
Alex
JeepCares
aldo90731 and SteedGun like this.
JeepCares is online now   Quote
Old 12-14-2019, 12:29 AM
Thread Starter
  #13
Supporting Member

5-Year WF Supporting Member
 
SteedGun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Utah - Spirit Home of Jeep
Posts: 2,113
Arrived home tonight and turned on my Jeep and the speakers came back on. This is definitely some bug in the computer electronics. Last Wed when they went out I turned the Jeep on/off many times. Go figure. More to come if they go out again.
Pressurized likes this.
__________________
Molon Labe - Carry on!
SteedGun is offline   Quote
Old 12-14-2019, 01:23 AM   #14
I drive Papa Smurf

WF Lifetime Member
WF Supporting Member
::WF Moderator::
 
Pressurized's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Gilbert, AZ
Posts: 14,195
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteedGun View Post
Arrived home tonight and turned on my Jeep and the speakers came back on. This is definitely some bug in the computer electronics. Last Wed when they went out I turned the Jeep on/off many times. Go figure. More to come if they go out again.
Glad you're up and running.... At least for the moment.

__________________
2006 LJ Rubicon - Solar Yellow - Very Stock'ish - The Press Casual LJ-R build
2012 JKU Sahara - Pro Comp LED Headlights - PRS Audio mod- SWS - GraBars - Bestop Cargo Cover
- Mopar 2" Frankenlift - Teraflex Falcon Shocks - RE TB/Brackets - JKS mount/Bilstein stabilizer -
Rugged Ridge XHD
bumper - Yukon Gears - G2 Diff Covers - Pro Comp 8186 - Milestar Patagonia 35's - Teraflex BRK
- TORQ Locker - 1310 Driveshaft - PowerTrax Grip Pro - Full Core 4x4 Control Arms and Track Bars
Pressurized is offline   Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off






All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:10 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Jeepģ, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, Gladiator, Mopar and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to FCA US LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with FCA US LLC.