2nd Annual Spring Uwharrie Invasion - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > WF Local > WF Local Forums for Your Region and State > South Carolina Jeep Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Tara11
Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 02-16-2017, 06:53 PM
Thread Starter
  #1
Jeeper
 
tarpon4me's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Florence, SC
Posts: 516
2nd Annual Spring Uwharrie Invasion

May 5th - 7th Carolina Trails Off-road is hosting the 2nd annual Spring Uwharrie Invasion at Uwharrie Nation Forrest. Last year was a big success so we've double our trail rig participants to 40 rigs. Sign up is either in person at one of our monthly meetings, or on our website at:

Home

Fee is 10 dollars, which just covers the camping. Raffles and such are free! We've already booked group camp for the event. Raffles, grab bags, guided trail ride, all inclusive. We will have two trail groups again, as that was very successful. One will be for modified rigs and/or experienced drivers. The second group will be for stock rigs or novice/intermediate drivers. Intermediate/novice trail riders will be able to negotiate all trails with a stock Jeep. Don't worry, Myself and a couple other experienced spotters will be on the ground to keep you safe. We are gathering some premo sponsors for the event and expect to have some awesome raffle/ give away prizes.

Search our site for information and photos from last years event!

Attached Files
File Type: pdf 2017 Uwharrie Flyer.pdf (409.6 KB, 69 views)
__________________
2014 JK Sahara

http://www.carolinatrailsoffroad.com
tarpon4me is offline   Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 07:59 PM   #2
Jeeper
 
H8SPVMT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Summerville, SC
Posts: 2,726
Shouldn't you mention there is a daily or season pass to ride there (the choice is up to the driver)?

__________________

2015 Firecracker Red JK Hard Rock with Bushwacker Flat Fenders
Trans American Trail (TAT) Completed Jul/Aug 17,
Smoky Mtn. 500 2018
Smoky Mtn 1000 & Georgia Traverse 2019
H8SPVMT is offline   Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 10:01 AM
Thread Starter
  #3
Jeeper
 
tarpon4me's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Florence, SC
Posts: 516
Right on! I will add that to the posts later this evening.

Daily pass: 5 dollars
Season pass: 30 dollars
__________________
2014 JK Sahara

http://www.carolinatrailsoffroad.com
tarpon4me is offline   Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-18-2017, 11:29 PM   #4
Jeeper
 
Tara11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 416
Nice! Weather should be great then too!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tara11 is offline   Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 04:08 PM
Thread Starter
  #5
Jeeper
 
tarpon4me's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Florence, SC
Posts: 516


Attached is our most updated flyer for the event including our generous sponsors.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 2017 Uwharrie Flyer.pdf (428.9 KB, 62 views)
__________________
2014 JK Sahara

http://www.carolinatrailsoffroad.com
tarpon4me is offline   Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 05:27 PM
Thread Starter
  #6
Jeeper
 
tarpon4me's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Florence, SC
Posts: 516
Treadlightly, our official offroad ethics sponsor!



Also attached is our most recent flyer.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 2017 Uwharrie Flyer.pdf (444.5 KB, 40 views)
__________________
2014 JK Sahara

http://www.carolinatrailsoffroad.com
tarpon4me is offline   Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 05:32 PM
Thread Starter
  #7
Jeeper
 
tarpon4me's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Florence, SC
Posts: 516
Root16

Brian with ROOT16 will be wheeling with us during the event. Really glad to see small local businesses, like this veteran owned one out of NC, joining in on the festivities. Check'em out! He will work with the price of product for those of you participating in the event, to help get your rigs ready.

__________________
2014 JK Sahara

http://www.carolinatrailsoffroad.com
tarpon4me is offline   Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 06:28 PM   #8
Newb
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Moore County, NC
Posts: 2
We are definitely looking forward to this event. It is going to be a blast meeting some new Jeepers and hearing directly from them the gear they are looking for, at an affordable price. We will set up a discount code for CTOR Uwharrie Invasion attendees in the next week or so that we shall pass on to the CTOR President. The only way to get it is to sign up for the event. Events
Root One Six is offline   Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 07:23 PM
Thread Starter
  #9
Jeeper
 
tarpon4me's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Florence, SC
Posts: 516
Brian, Thanks for the follow up! Can't wait to hit the trail with you brother!
tarpon4me is offline   Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 07:22 PM
Thread Starter
  #10
Jeeper
 
tarpon4me's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Florence, SC
Posts: 516
Barbie Jeep Race

Like it wasn't going to be fun enough, we've got enough interest that we will be having a down hill Barbie Jeep race after our trail ride Saturday afternoon. To participate, you must be part of the event, have a stripped power wheels (no motor or batteries), wear a helmet, and of course sign a waiver. The winner will get a cool prize. :rock:
__________________
2014 JK Sahara

http://www.carolinatrailsoffroad.com
tarpon4me is offline   Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 11:02 AM   #11
Jeeper
 
Tara11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 416
This sounds like a blast! Very excited! Might need to go looking for a stripped down power wheels jeep. I don't think my little one wants me stripping hers down!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
tarpon4me likes this.
Tara11 is offline   Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 06:21 PM   #12
Jeeper
 
Tara11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 416
So we'll be driving 4 hours to get there after work Friday. How much are we going to miss? Guessing we'll get there about 7pm. Is most everything going on Saturday? Night rides going on? Thanks guys!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tara11 is offline   Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 06:40 AM   #13
Jeeper
 
Nate00Miller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarpon4me View Post
May 5th - 7th Carolina Trails Off-road is hosting the 2nd annual Spring Uwharrie Invasion at Uwharrie Nation Forrest. Last year was a big success so we've double our trail rig participants to 40 rigs. Sign up is either in person at one of our monthly meetings, or on our website at:

Home

Fee is 10 dollars, which just covers the camping. Raffles and such are free! We've already booked group camp for the event. Raffles, grab bags, guided trail ride, all inclusive. We will have two trail groups again, as that was very successful. One will be for modified rigs and/or experienced drivers. The second group will be for stock rigs or novice/intermediate drivers. Intermediate/novice trail riders will be able to negotiate all trails with a stock Jeep. Don't worry, Myself and a couple other experienced spotters will be on the ground to keep you safe. We are gathering some premo sponsors for the event and expect to have some awesome raffle/ give away prizes.

Search our site for information and photos from last years event!
Are all the spots already filled? And x2 about going up friday afternoon? How much will we miss?
Nate00Miller is offline   Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 07:36 AM   #14
Jeeper
 
Tara11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate00Miller View Post
Are all the spots already filled? And x2 about going up friday afternoon? How much will we miss?


I still haven't heard about Friday but looks like there's still a few spots open. Just go to their website:

http://carolinatrailsoffroad.com/events

Just scroll down and click "Buy now". Brian was very friendly. See you there!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tara11 is offline   Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 03:08 PM   #15
Jeeper
 
Nate00Miller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tara11 View Post

I still haven't heard about Friday but looks like there's still a few spots open. Just go to their website:

http://carolinatrailsoffroad.com/events

Just scroll down and click "Buy now". Brian was very friendly. See you there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you so much. Im kinda hesitant about missing a lot of stuff on friday. Let me know if you learn anything
Nate00Miller is offline   Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 03:35 PM   #16
Jeeper
 
Tara11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate00Miller View Post
Thank you so much. Im kinda hesitant about missing a lot of stuff on friday. Let me know if you learn anything


Will do. I just sent a message inquiring about this thru their website. I'll let you know what I hear back.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tara11 is offline   Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 04:16 PM   #17
Jeeper
 
Nate00Miller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tara11 View Post

Will do. I just sent a message inquiring about this thru their website. I'll let you know what I hear back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oh i never would have thought of that! Smart idea
Nate00Miller is offline   Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 04:22 PM   #18
Jeeper
 
Tara11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate00Miller View Post
Oh i never would have thought of that! Smart idea


He already responded! He said we won't miss anything on Friday it's going to be more time to set up camp and everyone meet up. Saturday will be the big day it sounds with getting the passes at the outpost, splitting into two groups then hitting the trails, the downhill Barbie jeep race, raffles, lunch, more trails, maybe invade a local restaurant that evening for dinner. So don't hesitate to go! That works out perfect so everyone can get there and get settled in and rested for Saturday. Very excited. Sounds like a great group going and very friendly (as most jeepers are! ). Hope to see you there! We'll be the two mango tangos!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tara11 is offline   Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 05:57 PM   #19
Jeeper
 
Nate00Miller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tara11 View Post

He already responded! He said we won't miss anything on Friday it's going to be more time to set up camp and everyone meet up. Saturday will be the big day it sounds with getting the passes at the outpost, splitting into two groups then hitting the trails, the downhill Barbie jeep race, raffles, lunch, more trails, maybe invade a local restaurant that evening for dinner. So don't hesitate to go! That works out perfect so everyone can get there and get settled in and rested for Saturday. Very excited. Sounds like a great group going and very friendly (as most jeepers are! ). Hope to see you there! We'll be the two mango tangos!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That sounds awesome! Hopefully the calendar is free
Nate00Miller is offline   Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 08:13 PM
Thread Starter
  #20
Jeeper
 
tarpon4me's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Florence, SC
Posts: 516
So sorry I wasn't quicker on the draw with the question. For some reason I'm not getting notifications when people post. As noted, you won't miss much. I'm going to post a timeline up for everyone in the next few days. Just getting the little details squared away so things go smoothly.
tarpon4me is offline   Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 08:15 PM
Thread Starter
  #21
Jeeper
 
tarpon4me's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Florence, SC
Posts: 516
Oh!!! Only 4 spots left. And participants that want an event t shirt, tomorrow is the last day by 5 pm and I'm shutting it down. They can be ordered on our website.
tarpon4me is offline   Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 06:26 AM   #22
Jeeper
 
Nate00Miller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarpon4me View Post
So sorry I wasn't quicker on the draw with the question. For some reason I'm not getting notifications when people post. As noted, you won't miss much. I'm going to post a timeline up for everyone in the next few days. Just getting the little details squared away so things go smoothly.
Due to my work schedule i couldnt recieve off so i cant go this year. Hopefully next year though!
Nate00Miller is offline   Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 09:32 PM
Thread Starter
  #23
Jeeper
 
tarpon4me's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Florence, SC
Posts: 516
I have an event packet that I'll be posting up soon that will have an event agenda, waiver, trail map, and a flyer. All drivers will need to complete a waiver and turn Into me before the trail ride. The forms will be printable, so I recommend printing the waiver, filling it out, and bringing it with you to turn in. Completing, signing, and emailing them to me in advance is also acceptable. I'll include my email address when I post the forms, which will probably be tomorrow. The event shirts were ordered Friday as well. This is a RAIN OR SHINE event. If it's wet, we will modify trail selection and roll on. If it's dry, I recommend those of you that don't want the interior of your rigs ridiculously dusty to keep your doors on and top up. A CB radio is a plus. Hand held CB radios can be purchased cheap. Crunch time now, gonna be awesome.
tarpon4me is offline   Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 07:40 PM
Thread Starter
  #24
Jeeper
 
tarpon4me's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Florence, SC
Posts: 516
EVENT PARTICIPANTS!!! Please find the attached forms. The waiver needs to be completed and turned into me before you hit the trails. It can be printed, completed, and turned in during the drivers meeting. It can also be completed and emailed to me at: [email protected] Also included is an Agenda that is subject to change based on things out of our control, like weather, trail traffic, etc... Bring your rain gear, as the show will go on.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uwharrie map.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	236.8 KB
ID:	3561666  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Event Agenda.pdf (46.0 KB, 22 views)
File Type: pdf Liability Release form.pdf (362.6 KB, 19 views)
File Type: pdf Sir Pizza.pdf (420.9 KB, 16 views)
__________________
2014 JK Sahara

http://www.carolinatrailsoffroad.com
tarpon4me is offline   Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 11:13 AM
Thread Starter
  #25
Jeeper
 
tarpon4me's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Florence, SC
Posts: 516
Due to lack of participants, we will not be having the Barbie jeep race. Everything else goes on as planned.
tarpon4me is offline   Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 07:23 PM
Thread Starter
  #26
Jeeper
 
tarpon4me's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Florence, SC
Posts: 516
4 spots left, and only 2 days to reserve your spot

Looks like the weather is going to be absolutely perfect for the event. The big man upstairs is watching over us! Should be just enough moisture to keep the dust down a little bit, while maintaining upper 40's to lower 50's for low temps at night for good sleeping! See you guys and gals in camp!
__________________
2014 JK Sahara

http://www.carolinatrailsoffroad.com
tarpon4me is offline   Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 04:25 PM
Thread Starter
  #27
Jeeper
 
tarpon4me's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Florence, SC
Posts: 516
Raffle Tickets

A few people have asked if we are offering additional raffle tickets for purchase during the event. To keep things fair and to ensure everyone has a good chance at winning, I'll allow the purchase of a single additional ticket for the raffle at a cost of 10 dollars. Remember, registered drivers only in the raffle. You will already get a single ticket free of charge for being part of the event. I will be passing out raffle tickets at random intervals Friday afternoon when the opportunity arises and before the raffle Saturday afternoon for those that have not received their ticket(s) by then. At our next club meeting later in May, we can discuss as a group how to best invest the collected money back into the club and the trail systems. I know for sure one thing I'll be doing is registering with Tread Lightly as a supporting club.
__________________
2014 JK Sahara

http://www.carolinatrailsoffroad.com
tarpon4me is offline   Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 04:28 PM
Thread Starter
  #28
Jeeper
 
tarpon4me's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Florence, SC
Posts: 516
Rundown!

Follow the link for an event run down!

https://www.wranglerforum.com/f23/201...l#post30068778

__________________
2014 JK Sahara

http://www.carolinatrailsoffroad.com
tarpon4me is offline   Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off






All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:15 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Jeepģ, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC