New JL Pics - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > JL Jeep Wrangler Forum > JL Wrangler Pics And Vids Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Like Tree7Likes
  • 3 Post By mw5k
  • 2 Post By HankBlue1966
  • 1 Post By BillyHW
  • 1 Post By cmitcham
Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 04-17-2017, 04:27 PM
Thread Starter
  #1
Newb
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 1
New JL Pics

I ran into the Wrangler Unlimited JL prototype on 94 in Ann Arbor late last week and was able to snap some pics. There is an interesting one of the windshield rake and what appears to be a windshield hinge.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4136.jpg
Views:	584
Size:	217.7 KB
ID:	3551186   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1800.jpg
Views:	581
Size:	222.8 KB
ID:	3551194  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8064.jpg
Views:	604
Size:	215.7 KB
ID:	3551202   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3932.jpg
Views:	600
Size:	212.3 KB
ID:	3551210  

mtnecho, garyflhp and jj wrangler like this.
mw5k is offline   Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 07:53 PM   #2
Jeeper
 
HankBlue1966's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Allen Park, Michigan
Posts: 128
Spotted in Lincoln Park, MI today around 7 pm... got pics of the taillights and headlights (from inside my wife's Dodge).

E N J O Y !











garyflhp and jj wrangler like this.

__________________
It's not dirty -- it's a JEEP!

My JEEP Life: 1966 CJ5 (Perkins Diesel) • 1983 CJ7 (Renegade) • 2001 XJ (Sport) • 2010 MK (Latitude) • 2010 JKU (Sport)
HankBlue1966 is offline   Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 05:51 PM   #3
Jeeper
 
turnbull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,332
I don't understand those brake lights. Why are there 2 lights on each side?

Looks like the 3rd brake light is still mounted to the tire carrier. That could mean there is no fixed roof piece directly above the tailgate like some renders show.
turnbull is offline   Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 04-19-2017, 06:19 PM   #4
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnbull View Post
I don't understand those brake lights. Why are there 2 lights on each side?

Looks like the 3rd brake light is still mounted to the tire carrier. That could mean there is no fixed roof piece directly above the tailgate like some renders show.
I only see two brake lights on the passenger side, maybe one is the turn signal?

I wonder why they have headlight and fender DRLs?
__________________
Trying to hold out for a diesel JL...
Dragoon is offline   Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 02:39 PM   #5
Jeeper
 
TheGreatGrapeApe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Posts: 1,091
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnbull View Post
I don't understand those brake lights. Why are there 2 lights on each side?
One option is that only one is light as a tail light when driving, then the other lights up in addition (both slightly brighter too) under braking.

And as alluded to by Dragoon they could also play a role in truning where the brake one stay illuminated but the driving tail light then blinks to be very distinct than the whole unit blinking.

This new configuration gives me hope that they might harmonize the unit so that the same wiring is used for N.Am. and Export vehicles, allowing for easy plug-n-play amber turn signal swap-out.
__________________
_--- @¶¶¶¶¶¶¶© ---_
You need a license to buy a gun, but they'll sell Anyone a stamp (or internet account). - Adapted from Red Green
2010 JK-X 6spd RescueGreen -> 2015 JK Sport-S 6spd BAJAYELLOW
2012 JKU-R 5spd DozerYellow -> 2015 JKU Aspen-X 5spd BAJAYELLOW
TheGreatGrapeApe is offline   Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 11:32 PM   #6
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 261
I see four lights!
BillyHW is offline   Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 11:33 PM   #7
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 261
This is like looking at pictures of Miranda Kerr in a burka.
Higher Peaks likes this.
BillyHW is offline   Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 05:27 PM   #8
Jeeper
 
turnbull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,332
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoon View Post
I only see two brake lights on the passenger side, maybe one is the turn signal?
I kinda just assumed the driver's side was covered up by the camo, but maybe it's just not lit up at all.
turnbull is offline   Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 09:16 AM   #9
Jeeper
 
JeepBunny76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: NEPA
Posts: 23
Still in diapers.
__________________
Like diamonds, Jeeps are forever. - Granville King & Willie Worthy, The Jeep Bible
JeepBunny76 is offline   Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 06:20 PM   #10
Jeeper
 
actualsize's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Santa Ana, Ca.
Posts: 76
Those door hinges, though

Anybody have any theory about the extra cammo on the door hinges? What could that mean?
__________________

BUY IT NOW: 2012 Wrangler Sport, 33" BFG Mud Terrain KM2 tires, AEV wheels, Rubicon Dana 44 4.10 e-locker axles, Mopar/Teraflex/Fox 3" lift, Expedition One Trail Series front bumper, Superwinch Talon 9.5iSR
REPLACEMENT: 2018 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
box stock except for a few cosmetic mods (for now)
actualsize is offline   Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 08:02 PM   #11
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyHW View Post
I see four lights!
ok jean luc
ChknBreast likes this.
cmitcham is offline   Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 11:54 PM   #12
Jeeper
 
Carlton_Banks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Chicagoland
Posts: 2,642
You can really see the windshield rake in these pictures. Also the Jeep looks lower to the ground..
Carlton_Banks is offline   Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 10:09 AM   #13
Newb
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by actualsize View Post
Anybody have any theory about the extra cammo on the door hinges? What could that mean?
I had someone reliable at the dealership tell me that the doors would not be removable the same as Jeep in the past. They said it would be more difficult to remove them and they also said that it would not have a fully removable top as well. Something about a panel system and that they doubt a soft top would be an option.
curtisjeep96 is offline   Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 06:18 PM   #14
Jeeper
 
TheGreatGrapeApe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Posts: 1,091
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by curtisjeep96 View Post
I had someone reliable at the dealership tell me that the doors would not be removable the same as Jeep in the past. They said it would be more difficult to remove them and they also said that it would not have a fully removable top as well. Something about a panel system and that they doubt a soft top would be an option.
That person isn'r reliable nor knowledgeable, you probably shouldn't trust them for any future information or work either especially if they use the 'trust me' line.

Soft top was shown months ago and hinges have already been seen without the camo last week with only a slight aero redesign.
Also, the doors will be easier to remove/replace if only for the wight reduction from the Aluminium content versus the current Steel doors.

From experience, the folks in the dealerships are usually among the last to know most of this stuff. Even when it comes to ordering a new model year Wrangler, the usual suspects often have info a few months before dealerships even know what we're asking about when the order banks finally open.
__________________
_--- @¶¶¶¶¶¶¶© ---_
You need a license to buy a gun, but they'll sell Anyone a stamp (or internet account). - Adapted from Red Green
2010 JK-X 6spd RescueGreen -> 2015 JK Sport-S 6spd BAJAYELLOW
2012 JKU-R 5spd DozerYellow -> 2015 JKU Aspen-X 5spd BAJAYELLOW
TheGreatGrapeApe is offline   Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 10:30 PM   #15
Newb
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatGrapeApe View Post

That person isn'r reliable nor knowledgeable, you probably shouldn't trust them for any future information or work either especially if they use the 'trust me' line.

Soft top was shown months ago and hinges have already been seen without the camo last week with only a slight aero redesign.
Also, the doors will be easier to remove/replace if only for the wight reduction from the Aluminium content versus the current Steel doors.

From experience, the folks in the dealerships are usually among the last to know most of this stuff. Even when it comes to ordering a new model year Wrangler, the usual suspects often have info a few months before dealerships even know what we're asking about when the order banks finally open.
I've read online as well that they weren't going to have a removable top. More than one dealership has said that. I'm yet to see a pic with a JL with a soft top. The hinge thing he wasn't sure about, but in meetings he said the not having a fully removable top had been discussed. That it would be a panel top type deal instead.
curtisjeep96 is offline   Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 10:52 PM   #16
Newb
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatGrapeApe View Post

That person isn'r reliable nor knowledgeable, you probably shouldn't trust them for any future information or work either especially if they use the 'trust me' line.

Soft top was shown months ago and hinges have already been seen without the camo last week with only a slight aero redesign.
Also, the doors will be easier to remove/replace if only for the wight reduction from the Aluminium content versus the current Steel doors.

From experience, the folks in the dealerships are usually among the last to know most of this stuff. Even when it comes to ordering a new model year Wrangler, the usual suspects often have info a few months before dealerships even know what we're asking about when the order banks finally open.
Here is one I read a few months back. Nothing has been confirmed on a soft top for the JL and more than a couple articles online say that most rumors are leaning to a not fully removable top and no soft top.

https://www.google.com/amp/truckyeah...1777624947/amp

Another article on April 20th that says it hasn't been confirmed.

http://fcauthority.com/2017/03/2018-...ard-top-spied/

I heard they had to drop the soft top to better meet DOT regulations
curtisjeep96 is offline   Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 12:39 AM   #17
Jeeper
 
TheGreatGrapeApe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Posts: 1,091
Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by curtisjeep96 View Post
I've read online as well that they weren't going to have a removable top. More than one dealership has said that. I'm yet to see a pic with a JL with a soft top. The hinge thing he wasn't sure about, but in meetings he said the not having a fully removable top had been discussed. That it would be a panel top type deal instead.
Even if you didn't use Google, and instead just looked at the JL sub-forums here, you can easily see most of this stuff, let alone the other sources.
All of those features have been discussed multiple times before, including the 3 top options. However the following alone should help you understand that your dealer is trying to impress you with old rumours not even the stuff that surface on the road over a month ago.

Soft top first pictured;
https://www.wranglerforum.com/f714/so...d-1988946.html

Soft Top rolling in Michigan last week;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMOGCZq2KN0

Essentially you've got a lot of catching up to do, you're posting stuff we were discussing 9 - 12+ months ago when there truly was no info and FCA were still seeking feedback on things like the roof, doors, windshield and manual transmission.
__________________
_--- @¶¶¶¶¶¶¶© ---_
You need a license to buy a gun, but they'll sell Anyone a stamp (or internet account). - Adapted from Red Green
2010 JK-X 6spd RescueGreen -> 2015 JK Sport-S 6spd BAJAYELLOW
2012 JKU-R 5spd DozerYellow -> 2015 JKU Aspen-X 5spd BAJAYELLOW
TheGreatGrapeApe is offline   Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 10:18 AM   #18
Newb
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatGrapeApe View Post

Even if you didn't use Google, and instead just looked at the JL sub-forums here, you can easily see most of this stuff, let alone the other sources.
All of those features have been discussed multiple times before, including the 3 top options. However the following alone should help you understand that your dealer is trying to impress you with old rumours not even the stuff that surface on the road over a month ago.

Soft top first pictured;
https://www.wranglerforum.com/f714/so...d-1988946.html

Soft Top rolling in Michigan last week;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMOGCZq2KN0

Essentially you've got a lot of catching up to do, you're posting stuff we were discussing 9 - 12+ months ago when there truly was no info and FCA were still seeking feedback on things like the roof, doors, windshield and manual transmission.
Ok for one neither of those post show a soft top,both of these are just camouflage covering the whatever top is underneath. The solid frame of the top of the prototype photo shows a solid top frame which to me would indicate the frame top would not be removable and that they are maybe going to solid panels all the way around. That's the rumors that I have heard floating around. Just because your dealership maybe clueless not all are, but I'm not saying that the dude I know is right either, but he hasn't ever provided me with untrue facts in the past when changes were coming to newer model vehicles. Just saying nothing has been confirmed yet so we will all have to wait and see but from talking to a few who are closer to the situation than either if we are, I have a brother-in-law who works in design for Chrylser but hasn't technically said that there wasn't going to be a soft top, but has said the new top might not be as appealing to previous Jeep enthusiast as other years. When I asked him if he was referring to no soft top he just smiled and said, we will have to wait and see.
curtisjeep96 is offline   Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 10:49 AM   #19
Jeeper
 
TheGreatGrapeApe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Posts: 1,091
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by curtisjeep96 View Post
Ok for one neither of those post show a soft top,both of these are just camouflage covering the whatever top is underneath.
You're neither looking properly, nor comprehending.
The roof is not camo it's FABRIC, LOOK AGAIN. The camo is the same rear section that's covered on the hard top, not the roof itself.
You can be obtuse to pretend you're not wrong, but it's obvious you don't know what you're talking about.

Simply put, your 'reliable dealer' just isn't, and you using that as a basis for your statements is far less credible than photos and video of the actual roof testing on JL mules.

Quote:
Just saying... I have a brother-in-law who works in design for Chrylser...
Sure you do, and my father’s brother’s nephew’s cousin’s former roommate is.. Sergio Marchionne and he says it eill be powered by unicorns.
__________________
_--- @¶¶¶¶¶¶¶© ---_
You need a license to buy a gun, but they'll sell Anyone a stamp (or internet account). - Adapted from Red Green
2010 JK-X 6spd RescueGreen -> 2015 JK Sport-S 6spd BAJAYELLOW
2012 JKU-R 5spd DozerYellow -> 2015 JKU Aspen-X 5spd BAJAYELLOW
TheGreatGrapeApe is offline   Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 11:22 AM   #20
Newb
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatGrapeApe View Post

You're neither looking properly, nor comprehending.
The roof is not camo it's FABRIC, LOOK AGAIN. The camo is the same rear section that's covered on the hard top, not the roof itself.
You can be obtuse to pretend you're not wrong, but it's obvious you don't know what you're talking about.

Simply put, your 'reliable dealer' just isn't, and you using that as a basis for your statements is far less credible than photos and video of the actual roof testing on JL mules.

Sure you do, and my father’s brother’s nephew’s cousin’s former roommate is.. Sergio Marchionne and he says it eill be powered by unicorns.
Look for one I'm not a liar, and for you make that comment you can go **** yourself on that one. I'm just stating facts like I have heard. It had been since January, New years since I spoke to my brother in law but don't act like someone just makes shit up. I'm just going off what I see in the picture.
curtisjeep96 is offline   Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 11:24 AM   #21
Newb
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatGrapeApe View Post

You're neither looking properly, nor comprehending.
The roof is not camo it's FABRIC, LOOK AGAIN. The camo is the same rear section that's covered on the hard top, not the roof itself.
You can be obtuse to pretend you're not wrong, but it's obvious you don't know what you're talking about.

Simply put, your 'reliable dealer' just isn't, and you using that as a basis for your statements is far less credible than photos and video of the actual roof testing on JL mules.

Sure you do, and my father’s brother’s nephew’s cousin’s former roommate is.. Sergio Marchionne and he says it eill be powered by unicorns.
I think your looking for a fight rather than try to be productive in a discussion which is one reason why I try to avoid forums.
curtisjeep96 is offline   Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 12:27 PM   #22
Jeeper
 
TheGreatGrapeApe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Posts: 1,091
Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by curtisjeep96 View Post
Look for one I'm not a liar, and for you make that comment you can go **** yourself on that one. I'm just stating facts like I have heard.
What are you 12? You're not stating facts, you're regurgitating stories, that may or may not be true; and two of which have been demonstrably shown to be false by photographic evidence, ie FACTS.

In order for yours to be facts you'd need to at least quote verifiable people, not say "random person X says this". I'm providing info that can be corroborated, whereas by your standards all I would need to do is say 'my close personal friend Sergio says you're wrong'.

I know america is struggling with it's alternative/post fact era, but you haven't provided a single 'fact' regarding that original statement, FACTS are those pictures and video, your inability to see that doesn't change reality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by curtisjeep96 View Post
I think your looking for a fight rather than try to be productive in a discussion which is one reason why I try to avoid forums.
I don't really care, but you spreading BS "my brother-in-law is", 'my reliable source says" is not contibuting productively like you pretend it is. It's quoting sources that can't be verified so it has no weight/value in a discussion in a Picture & Video thread that actualy contains actual verifiable content.
Those are factual inputs, yours is the equivalent of claiming to have seen BigFoot or Loch Ness.
__________________
_--- @¶¶¶¶¶¶¶© ---_
You need a license to buy a gun, but they'll sell Anyone a stamp (or internet account). - Adapted from Red Green
2010 JK-X 6spd RescueGreen -> 2015 JK Sport-S 6spd BAJAYELLOW
2012 JKU-R 5spd DozerYellow -> 2015 JKU Aspen-X 5spd BAJAYELLOW
TheGreatGrapeApe is offline   Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 02:28 PM   #23
Newb
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatGrapeApe View Post

What are you 12? You're not stating facts, you're regurgitating stories, that may or may not be true; and two of which have been demonstrably shown to be false by photographic evidence, ie FACTS.

In order for yours to be facts you'd need to at least quote verifiable people, not say "random person X says this". I'm providing info that can be corroborated, whereas by your standards all I would need to do is say 'my close personal friend Sergio says you're wrong'.

I know america is struggling with it's alternative/post fact era, but you haven't provided a single 'fact' regarding that original statement, FACTS are those pictures and video, your inability to see that doesn't change reality.

I don't really care, but you spreading BS "my brother-in-law is", 'my reliable source says" is not contibuting productively like you pretend it is. It's quoting sources that can't be verified so it has no weight/value in a discussion in a Picture & Video thread that actualy contains actual verifiable content.
Those are factual inputs, yours is the equivalent of claiming to have seen BigFoot or Loch Ness.
I never said it was or wasn't I was stating that I heard that it wasn't going to have a soft top for a couple sources and I said it may or may not be true. I'm yet to see your verified source that says that it will have one. I surely hope it does, but we will have to see. If it doesn't then the one I have now may be my last one.
curtisjeep96 is offline   Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 02:32 PM   #24
Jeeper
 
Carlton_Banks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Chicagoland
Posts: 2,642
Waa Waa Waa
Carlton_Banks is offline   Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 09:38 AM   #25
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: WV
Posts: 2,227
Spotted today by a friend coming out of Dana's headquarters in Maumee, OH.



Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk
Prages is offline   Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 01:16 PM   #26
Jeeper
 
xpkranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyHW View Post
I see four lights!
I see what you did there, Picard.
xpkranger is offline   Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 05:18 PM   #27
Jeeper
 
Carlton_Banks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Chicagoland
Posts: 2,642
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prages View Post
Spotted today by a friend coming out of Dana's headquarters in Maumee, OH.



Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk
Looks shorter and lower to the ground.
Carlton_Banks is offline   Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 06:40 PM   #28
Jeeper

WF Supporting Member
 
1jeeplvr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Under my Jeep in beautiful upstate N.Y.
Posts: 5,092
Lets keep it civilized.

__________________
“We tend to forget that happiness doesn’t come from getting something that we don’t have, it comes from recognizing and appreciating what we do have.
1jeeplvr is offline   Quote
Reply

Tags
wrangler jl unlimited

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off






All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:08 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC