Nova VA - Page 19 - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > WF Local > WF Local Forums for Your Region and State > Virginia Jeep Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Like Tree9Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 08-03-2018, 12:31 PM   #541
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: VA
Posts: 89
No VA here

__________________
Freedom's not free
RogueWillys is offline   Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 02:27 PM   #542
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by schumway View Post
Representing Annandale here. Anyone know of any stock-friendly trails in the area? The only ones I've heard of are in GW National Forest and that feels a lot like commitment.
schumway,

I had done Big Dog in stock a couple of times before I lifted mine and there are plenty of trails there to do as stock. I've also wheeled at Chaos and when I was there for an event there were tons of stock Jeeps there as well. Did Peter's Mill Stock and last weekend did the Canaan Valley Loop and it could easily been done in stock form.
schumway likes this.

__________________
Jason 2017 JKU Rubicon Recon

Scarlet Witch Build Thread

Follow me on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/jlasher22443/
JLasher22443 is offline   Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 06:38 PM   #543
Supporting Member

5-Year WF Supporting Member
 
Hdhoo73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Northern VA
Posts: 83
Lightbulb

Checking in from Herndon here.

@JLasher22443 I致e been following your build thread since I got my Recon checking your progress and taking notes. Pretty cool knowing you池e in the same neck of the woods.

I finally got mine off road for the first time this past week down in the outer banks. I知 still all stock except for a HU I threw in to replace the stock 130 (Alpine ILX-F309) and a tire cover. Like I said taking notes for now and trying to get out a little and see what she can handle on some of the lighter courses. I知 thinking the guy behind the wheel might be holding her back until I get the feel of it lol.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FB781111-31F2-4242-A0C6-C57756E92491.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	168.8 KB
ID:	4084375   Click image for larger version

Name:	90266457-4E18-4D9E-9234-EA57B0DD8890.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	147.9 KB
ID:	4084377  

JLasher22443 likes this.
Hdhoo73 is offline   Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 08-06-2018, 06:55 AM   #544
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hdhoo73 View Post
Checking in from Herndon here.


@JLasher22443 I致e been following your build thread since I got my Recon checking your progress and taking notes. Pretty cool knowing you池e in the same neck of the woods.



I finally got mine off road for the first time this past week down in the outer banks. I知 still all stock except for a HU I threw in to replace the stock 130 (Alpine ILX-F309) and a tire cover. Like I said taking notes for now and trying to get out a little and see what she can handle on some of the lighter courses. I知 thinking the guy behind the wheel might be holding her back until I get the feel of it lol.


Congrats! Looks good in its element. I値l be in OBX in September.

Well the next time I知 headed out I値l send you a message here to see if you want to tag along. You would be amazed at what she can do stock; I know I was.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
Jason 2017 JKU Rubicon Recon

Scarlet Witch Build Thread

Follow me on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/jlasher22443/
JLasher22443 is offline   Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 09:15 AM   #545
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 1,851
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLasher22443 View Post
Congrats! Looks good in its element. I値l be in OBX in September.

Well the next time I知 headed out I値l send you a message here to see if you want to tag along. You would be amazed at what she can do stock; I know I was.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Best time to goto obx.
trailhunter is offline   Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 11:16 AM   #546
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by trailhunter View Post
Best time to goto obx.


Yep. I値l be fishing, drinking, and relaxing the entire time. LOL


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
Jason 2017 JKU Rubicon Recon

Scarlet Witch Build Thread

Follow me on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/jlasher22443/
JLasher22443 is offline   Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 05:32 PM   #547
Supporting Member

5-Year WF Supporting Member
 
Hdhoo73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Northern VA
Posts: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLasher22443 View Post
Congrats! Looks good in its element. I値l be in OBX in September.

Well the next time I知 headed out I値l send you a message here to see if you want to tag along. You would be amazed at what she can do stock; I know I was.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Right on bro. We used to go down in September until the kids starting going to school then had to switch to a school friendly schedule. Enjoy and maybe we can hit a trail soon.
JLasher22443 likes this.
Hdhoo73 is offline   Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 09:00 AM   #548
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 93
Hey if anyone is going to the Old Dominion Jeep Fest let me know. I値l be there all day so let痴 grab a beer.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
Jason 2017 JKU Rubicon Recon

Scarlet Witch Build Thread

Follow me on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/jlasher22443/
JLasher22443 is offline   Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 06:20 PM   #549
Newb
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 5
Jeep newbie checking in from Springfield
KetoMan61 is offline   Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 08:34 PM   #550
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Loudoun County, VA
Posts: 452
Quote:
Originally Posted by KetoMan61 View Post
Jeep newbie checking in from Springfield
Welcome. I'm in Loudoun and I'm big on Dr. Berg keto. Lots of places to wheel with a little bit of driving.
KetoMan61 likes this.
kawa001 is offline   Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 02:38 PM   #551
Jeeper
 
Humor4Fun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 53
I moved from southern nova to northern nova recently. Lucketts. Currently looking for a shop to install my steinjager 4" lift kit i bought at OCJW a few weeks ago.

on another note.....I was looking at a map and saw that there is what appears to be access roads or trails going from Corolla, NC all the way up to Sandbridge, VA. Does anyone know if this is drivable? or is it fenced/locked? I would love to take a really nice slow drive from NoVA down to Corolla and that looked like it could be my ticket.
__________________
2017 JK Rubicon
My Blog
Humor4Fun is offline   Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 02:56 PM   #552
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Loudoun County, VA
Posts: 452
Quote:
Originally Posted by Humor4Fun View Post
I moved from southern nova to northern nova recently. Lucketts. Currently looking for a shop to install my steinjager 4" lift kit i bought at OCJW a few weeks ago.

on another note.....I was looking at a map and saw that there is what appears to be access roads or trails going from Corolla, NC all the way up to Sandbridge, VA. Does anyone know if this is drivable? or is it fenced/locked? I would love to take a really nice slow drive from NoVA down to Corolla and that looked like it could be my ticket.
You aren't that far from Chaos Fab Shop in Winchester. I give them a hearty endorsement.
kawa001 is offline   Quote
Old 09-26-2019, 09:47 AM   #553
Supporting Member

5-Year WF Supporting Member
 
Hdhoo73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Northern VA
Posts: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by Humor4Fun View Post
on another note.....I was looking at a map and saw that there is what appears to be access roads or trails going from Corolla, NC all the way up to Sandbridge, VA. Does anyone know if this is drivable? or is it fenced/locked? I would love to take a really nice slow drive from NoVA down to Corolla and that looked like it could be my ticket.
Whoa let us know if you find out anything more on this...I壇 be very interested to know more about this as well. Maybe try asking in the general discussion forum.
__________________
2018 Firecracker Red Recon Unlimited (mostly stock)

2011 Mango Tango JK Sport - 6 Speed Manual, 2 Rancho Sport Lift, RS9000XL shocks, SRC Gen II Front and Rear Bumpers, Quadratec Q-9500is Stealth Winch, Custom Alpine Sound System, Quadratec LED Headlights and Fogs.
Hdhoo73 is offline   Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 04:52 AM   #554
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 28
I'm late to the party on this thread, but just signed up to the site, live in Loudoun.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
DirtyD_4x4 is offline   Quote
Old 10-19-2019, 10:29 AM   #555
Jeeper
 
Hafaday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Richmond, VA.
Posts: 21,439
Quote:
Originally Posted by Humor4Fun View Post
I moved from southern nova to northern nova recently. Lucketts. Currently looking for a shop to install my steinjager 4" lift kit i bought at OCJW a few weeks ago.

on another note.....I was looking at a map and saw that there is what appears to be access roads or trails going from Corolla, NC all the way up to Sandbridge, VA. Does anyone know if this is drivable? or is it fenced/locked? I would love to take a really nice slow drive from NoVA down to Corolla and that looked like it could be my ticket.
Simple answer is no.

No you cannot drive the beach from VA to NC.

That said, yes, you can drive the beach from Corolla to the VA state line. there is a fence up and you cannot go through it. The bottom side of VA. out there is False Cape State park.. You can only walk it if I remember correctly.
__________________
Bill.

14, Silver, JKU.
3 SIX with a manual
Hafaday is offline   Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 03:24 PM   #556
Newb
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: Northern VA
Posts: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyD_4x4 View Post
I'm late to the party on this thread, but just signed up to the site, live in Loudoun.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Ditto. Sterling.
__________________
Rob - NoVA
'94, 4.0, Manual, 4.5" RC, 33x12.5
spnkzyj is offline   Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 10:44 PM   #557
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 24
Checking in from NoVA. New to the Jeep world and in dire need of a good mechanic in the Arlington, Falls Church, Tyson痴 area.

I致e had a couple of bad experiences with mechanics since purchasing this 12 JKU. The good thing is, it痴 taught me a ton about my Jeep! So that痴 cool.

So I first took my Jeep to a Mr. Tire after having new wheels installed to get an alignment and an oil change. After 2 hours, the mechanic told me he couldn稚 do the alignment because my steering components were all rusted together. He told me they had a Jeep guy who should look at it. So I was like, cool! I値l be back. I ended up installing a new track, drag, tie and control arm relo痴 myself and made an appt with the Jeep guy for the alignment. I headed back in at my scheduled time to meet the Jeep guy, only to hear that he left for the day. They apologized and told me he壇 be back the next morning, and booked me for his first opening at 8:30. When I arrived, no Jeep guy. They now told me he was out of town. Fine, whatever. I asked them to just do the alignment, they insisted I wait for the guy. They were going to call him, then call me back once they found out when he壇 be coming back. Fine. They called and it was going to be a week. After all of the back and forth, I decided to just hit a dealership.

So I took it into Koons. After making an appt, they told me it would be less than an hour, great! Over 2 hours later, I drove off but quickly noticed it was pulling left. Took it right back and asked them to correct it and to review the print out, which they didn稚 provide. After another hour, it was back out, no print out and the axle was misaligned on the body. I asked again to show me the print out. After some scrambling, I was told the printer is broken. So nearly 4 hours later, I now had to start from scratch with adjusting my track bar and drag link to recenter the axle, and of course, get another alignment. I was furious, late for a call and couldn稚 even bring myself to argue with them over it anymore. Fast fwd a month, I hear some clanking noise coming from the drivers wheel. It痴 getting louder and louder as I知 driving 25 mph with my hazards desperately searching for a mechanic on a Sunday. Low and behold, another Mr Tire! I pull in and it turns out both front tire lugs were loose, especially the drivers side which was literally about to come flying off. Apparently Koons forgot to tighten them!

Anyway, I知 just looking for a good, honest mechanic close by that knows how to work on Jeeps. My latest issue is a leaking inner axle seal. I知 tempted to do it myself, but since it痴 my DD, I need it done right and fast.

Has anyone had a good experience with someone local?
MaCheFai is offline   Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 06:33 AM   #558
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Loudoun County, VA
Posts: 452
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaCheFai View Post
Checking in from NoVA. New to the Jeep world .....Has anyone had a good experience with someone local?
Well, it's out in Winchester but Chaos Fab Shop are the only folks I let touch my jeep.
MaCheFai likes this.
kawa001 is offline   Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 09:23 AM   #559
Jeeper
 
schumway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Annandale, VA
Posts: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaCheFai View Post
Has anyone had a good experience with someone local?
Hey man, sorry to hear you've had a bad experience with mechanics in the area. They're so hit-or-miss and I feel like you end up missing most of the time...especially at dealerships. I take my JK to Capital Car Care in Springfield (Fairfax County). I understand it's not in your exact area, but it's not far from you and it's right off of 495 at the Braddock Rd. exit.

https://capitalcarcarespringfield.com/

It's a family-run business that I've been going to for years. The owner drives a JKU and knows his stuff. Most importantly, he fixes what needs to be fixed and will tell you what can or can't wait.

I trust them.

Some things to note:
1) They're super busy. You'll probably need to end up leaving your car for a day or two before they get around to making repairs. Minor things like oil changes or inspections can usually be done in an hour or two if you make an appointment.

2) They're a little on the pricier side. We're not talking dealership rates, but you'll definitely pay more than you would at a Mr. Tire or Jiffy Lube...but I trust the service and, to me, that's worth it.

Best of luck.
MaCheFai likes this.
__________________
2015 JK Sport- Accepting donations for mods
schumway is offline   Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 10:25 AM   #560
Jeeper
 
TakHardRock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: VA
Posts: 2,035
Quote:
Originally Posted by kawa001 View Post
Well, it's out in Winchester but Chaos Fab Shop are the only folks I let touch my jeep.
Yes, it's far, but you get your jeep done correctly. Or you can try Jeep Trick Truck or High Tech Auto in Chantilly.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
MaCheFai likes this.
__________________
My Hard Rock Build
TakHardRock is offline   Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 08:52 PM   #561
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by schumway View Post
Hey man, sorry to hear you've had a bad experience with mechanics in the area. They're so hit-or-miss and I feel like you end up missing most of the time...especially at dealerships. I take my JK to Capital Car Care in Springfield (Fairfax County). I understand it's not in your exact area, but it's not far from you and it's right off of 495 at the Braddock Rd. exit.

https://capitalcarcarespringfield.com/

It's a family-run business that I've been going to for years. The owner drives a JKU and knows his stuff. Most importantly, he fixes what needs to be fixed and will tell you what can or can't wait.

I trust them.

Some things to note:
1) They're super busy. You'll probably need to end up leaving your car for a day or two before they get around to making repairs. Minor things like oil changes or inspections can usually be done in an hour or two if you make an appointment.

2) They're a little on the pricier side. We're not talking dealership rates, but you'll definitely pay more than you would at a Mr. Tire or Jiffy Lube...but I trust the service and, to me, that's worth it.

Best of luck.
I知 with you 100%! I壇 happily pay a little more to know they池e providing honest service. Heck, I took it to the dealer and paid way more and got sh1tty service, so.... Ill definitely check these guys out. And I appreciate the background on them and of course the referral.

MaCheFai is offline   Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off






All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:07 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Jeepョ, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, Gladiator, Mopar and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to FCA US LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with FCA US LLC.