Bringing the JK to your neck of the woods! - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > WF Local > WF Local Forums for Your Region and State > Missouri Jeep Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 05-26-2015, 08:51 PM
Thread Starter
  #1
Jeeper
 
OscarMike951's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Riverside, CA
Posts: 678
Bringing the JK to your neck of the woods!

Hey all! We're driving out to Mid-Mo in a couple weeks to visit family. We're coming from Southern California and I'd like to do a little wheelin' while we're out there. Any good rock crawling spots out there? Any black diamond trails to do? We'll be out there from 6/15 to 6/24. Would love to meet up with some of you guys and hit the trails.

__________________
My name is Shawn, and I drive a Jeep! 'Nuf said!
OscarMike951 is offline   Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 07:13 PM   #2
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 216
Kansas Rocks south of KC and SMORR east of Springfield are the two I go to.

Flamered10 is offline   Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 08:55 PM
Thread Starter
  #3
Jeeper
 
OscarMike951's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Riverside, CA
Posts: 678
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamered10 View Post
Kansas Rocks south of KC and SMORR east of Springfield are the two I go to.
We'll be in the Columbia area, I know KC is quite a drive. Would SMORR be much closer?
__________________
My name is Shawn, and I drive a Jeep! 'Nuf said!
OscarMike951 is offline   Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 05-28-2015, 09:01 PM   #4
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by OscarMike951 View Post
We'll be in the Columbia area, I know KC is quite a drive. Would SMORR be much closer?
Kansas Rocks would be about 3.5 hours from Columbia. SMORR would be about 3 hours and IMO SMORR is the nicer of the two. But from Columbia you're within driving distance of a couple places near STL as well. I'm not sure how far or remember what their names are. I've never been to the ones over there.


Edit: Flat Nasty was one of them. And it is 2.5 hours from Columbia.

I just remembered about a newer place in Marshall (Goin' Deep Off-Road Park) as well about an hour away. I haven't been to it yet either but the pictures I've seen make it look like it's more of a hillbilly mud bogging type place...lol. Not really my thing.
Flamered10 is offline   Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 09:07 PM
Thread Starter
  #5
Jeeper
 
OscarMike951's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Riverside, CA
Posts: 678
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamered10 View Post
Kansas Rocks would be about 3.5 hours from Columbia. SMORR would be about 3 hours and IMO SMORR is the nicer of the two. But from Columbia you're within driving distance of a couple places near STL as well. I'm not sure how far or remember what their names are. I've never been to the ones over there.
Thanks, I'll look up SMORR and see what it's about. I watched a YouTube video on some place in Fulton but it looked pretty tame. I can't believe you guys have to pay a fee to wheel out there. That kinda surprised me. how often do you go to SMORR?
__________________
My name is Shawn, and I drive a Jeep! 'Nuf said!
OscarMike951 is offline   Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 09:20 PM   #6
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 216
I haven't been able to go anywhere in awhile but I used to go about 4-5 times a year. The last trip I busted my front track bar mount and had a case of DW because of it. It's all fixed now but I screwed up on my rear track bar mount when I decided to upgrade it at the same time as the front. It's drivable but I'm running with one rear shock since I messed up on the placement of the mount. I just need to cut that bracket off and redo it.
Flamered10 is offline   Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 09:33 PM
Thread Starter
  #7
Jeeper
 
OscarMike951's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Riverside, CA
Posts: 678
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamered10 View Post
I haven't been able to go anywhere in awhile but I used to go about 4-5 times a year. The last trip I busted my front track bar mount and had a case of DW because of it. It's all fixed now but I screwed up on my rear track bar mount when I decided to upgrade it at the same time as the front. It's drivable but I'm running with one rear shock since I messed up on the placement of the mount. I just need to cut that bracket off and redo it.
Hope you get it going soon! I go into withdrawals when I don't have my Jeep! Lol! I hear ya on the mud, not really my thing either. Thanks for the info, I'll check them all out. When you have a minute, check out you tube for John Bull trail in Big Bear. That's what I think I'm running this weekend.
__________________
My name is Shawn, and I drive a Jeep! 'Nuf said!
OscarMike951 is offline   Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 09:45 PM   #8
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by OscarMike951 View Post
Hope you get it going soon! I go into withdrawals when I don't have my Jeep! Lol! I hear ya on the mud, not really my thing either. Thanks for the info, I'll check them all out. When you have a minute, check out you tube for John Bull trail in Big Bear. That's what I think I'm running this weekend.
I'm originally from Atwater. I'll be there in August. We were planning on checking out trails close to Fresno like Dusy-Ershim. Last time I was down we just just did some wheeling and shooting up in the mountains past Mariposa.
Flamered10 is offline   Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 10:01 PM
Thread Starter
  #9
Jeeper
 
OscarMike951's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Riverside, CA
Posts: 678
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamered10 View Post
I'm originally from Atwater. I'll be there in August. We were planning on checking out trails close to Fresno like Dusy-Ershim. Last time I was down we just just did some wheeling and shooting up in the mountains past Mariposa.
That's cool, I usually don't go to far north. I've been wanting to do check out Dusy-Ershim, just haven't made it. Are you planning on bringing your Jeep out in August? If so, hit me up. I go out almost every weekend. Bunch of great guys out here to wheel with.
__________________
My name is Shawn, and I drive a Jeep! 'Nuf said!
OscarMike951 is offline   Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 10:07 PM   #10
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by OscarMike951 View Post
That's cool, I usually don't go to far north. I've been wanting to do check out Dusy-Ershim, just haven't made it. Are you planning on bringing your Jeep out in August? If so, hit me up. I go out almost every weekend. Bunch of great guys out here to wheel with.
Yeah I'll be driving the Jeep. I usually don't go that far down south lol. I would like to one day though. Still need to do the Rubicon one day as well before the hippies close it down.
Flamered10 is offline   Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 12:12 AM
Thread Starter
  #11
Jeeper
 
OscarMike951's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Riverside, CA
Posts: 678
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamered10 View Post
Yeah I'll be driving the Jeep. I usually don't go that far down south lol. I would like to one day though. Still need to do the Rubicon one day as well before the hippies close it down.
Yeah I'm dying to do Rubicon, but you need to take a whole week off to really enjoy it from what I've been told. Some day.
__________________
My name is Shawn, and I drive a Jeep! 'Nuf said!
OscarMike951 is offline   Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 07:19 PM   #12
Jeeper
 
Ruskrim's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Ft Leonard Wood, MO
Posts: 20
I dunno if I'm too late, but Flat Nasty is a blast and a half, I was there last weekend for the first time in my Jeep, and stock with just tires there's a lot of trails to go through. I'm in the Fort Leonard Wood area if you're still around and go out a lot hitting up trails.

Ruskrim is offline   Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off






All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:51 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, Gladiator, Mopar and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to FCA US LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with FCA US LLC.