New Guy Here - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > WF Local > WF Local Canadian Regions > Ontario

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 11-14-2014, 06:31 PM
Thread Starter
  #1
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Ontario Canada
Posts: 317
New Guy Here

Hello my name is Gary and I just wanted to introduce myself here in the Canadian Forum. I bought my wife a 2014 JKU Sahara so I figured I would become a member because my wife wont drive anything but a Jeep. Her first was a 2003 KJ which she had til 2009 when I bought her a KK. I drive a 1996 F350 powerstroke diesel which I just sold and she got the new JKU and Im driving the KK now. Anyways look forward to being here on WF. BTW I have been a GM technician for the last 25 years in Southern Ontario.

Gary

Saxon Steel is offline   Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 12:34 AM   #2
Jeeper
 
coolhand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Peterborough, Ontario
Posts: 296
Welcome.

__________________
Sometimes nothing can be a real cool hand.
coolhand is offline   Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 12:43 AM   #3
Jeeper
 
Canwoodsman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Seaforth, Ontario
Posts: 430
Welcome to the forum.
Where in Southern Ontario?
__________________
2014 JK auto, hardtop, 17" wheels, tow group, side steps, 3.73 gears, rear Detroit-Truetrac in anvil.
http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/b...ps547b1f97.jpg
Canwoodsman is offline   Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-15-2014, 07:48 AM
Thread Starter
  #4
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Ontario Canada
Posts: 317
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canwoodsman View Post
Welcome to the forum.
Where in Southern Ontario?
I live in the town of Georgina also known as the Wick.. Keswick. I work in Barrie. I have a cottage in Haliburton County. Any guys from this area ever wheel at
Burnt River Offroad park in Bobcaygeon or up at Greens Mountain in Gooderham?
Saxon Steel is offline   Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 08:47 AM   #5
Jeeper
 
coolhand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Peterborough, Ontario
Posts: 296
I'm in Peterborough. I go to Gooderham area few times a year for day treks, just getting back into my Jeep build with young ones starting school finally and more time for Daddy.
__________________
Sometimes nothing can be a real cool hand.
coolhand is offline   Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 10:08 AM
Thread Starter
  #6
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Ontario Canada
Posts: 317
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolhand View Post
I'm in Peterborough. I go to Gooderham area few times a year for day treks, just getting back into my Jeep build with young ones starting school finally and more time for Daddy.
Hey Coolhand. My cottage is in Gooderham Im there every weekend from May 24 til Thanksgiving. If you are in the area next summer stop in and have a beer or coffee. Would be great to meet some other Jeep enthusiasts from the area. Do you come up 503 Buckhorn road from Peterborough?
Saxon Steel is offline   Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 08:43 PM   #7
Jeeper
 
coolhand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Peterborough, Ontario
Posts: 296
Yes and turn in at Flynns Corners. Thanks for the offer.
__________________
Sometimes nothing can be a real cool hand.
coolhand is offline   Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 09:53 PM   #8
Jeeper
 
Roblaza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Barrie, ON Canada
Posts: 291
i'm located in Barrie, myself. Welcome
Roblaza is offline   Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 04:15 PM
Thread Starter
  #9
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Ontario Canada
Posts: 317
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roblaza View Post
i'm located in Barrie, myself. Welcome
Thanks, real nice looking TJ you have there looked at your build thread you sure have invested some time and money, the Jeep looks real good. I work in Barrie at Georgian Chevrolet I have been a mechanic there for the last 22 years. I live on the other side of Simcoe in Keswick. Ever set up a local Jeepers gtg like at Timmy's? Looks like you wheel a lot in Haliburton. I have a cottage in Gooderham, I might organize a Jeepers get together next summer, stop in have a beverage a swim and bite to eat. I would really like to have a dozen Jeeps in my driveway up north does not matter if they are CJ, YJ, TJ, JK, XJ, ZJ, KJ, KK all are welcome.

Gary
Saxon Steel is offline   Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 06:13 PM   #10
Jeeper
 
Roblaza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Barrie, ON Canada
Posts: 291
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saxon Steel View Post
Thanks, real nice looking TJ you have there looked at your build thread you sure have invested some time and money, the Jeep looks real good. I work in Barrie at Georgian Chevrolet I have been a mechanic there for the last 22 years. I live on the other side of Simcoe in Keswick. Ever set up a local Jeepers gtg like at Timmy's? Looks like you wheel a lot in Haliburton. I have a cottage in Gooderham, I might organize a Jeepers get together next summer, stop in have a beverage a swim and bite to eat. I would really like to have a dozen Jeeps in my driveway up north does not matter if they are CJ, YJ, TJ, JK, XJ, ZJ, KJ, KK all are welcome.

Gary
Thanks! I appreciate the compliment! Its been a year and a bit of money to get it to the point its at, but I love it. LOL I work at Superior Tire & Auto on Anne (apprentice Service Tech). I've tried to get a something together but it's tough. Most people in the area dont seem to want to get together unless it's to wheel. I cant really blame them, I'd rather wheel than sit at a tims to be honest. lol

I wheel a lot in the Minden and Bobcaygeon areas. One or two trails in Port Severn also that are okay for an easy day run.
Roblaza is offline   Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 04:05 PM
Thread Starter
  #11
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Ontario Canada
Posts: 317
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roblaza View Post
Thanks! I appreciate the compliment! Its been a year and a bit of money to get it to the point its at, but I love it. LOL I work at Superior Tire & Auto on Anne (apprentice Service Tech). I've tried to get a something together but it's tough. Most people in the area dont seem to want to get together unless it's to wheel. I cant really blame them, I'd rather wheel than sit at a tims to be honest. lol

I wheel a lot in the Minden and Bobcaygeon areas. One or two trails in Port Severn also that are okay for an easy day run.
Wow so you are another person that turns wrenches for a living. If I could go back in time I would not want to be an auto technician. It has got to be one of the most unrewarding trades there are, never hear when you do good work only hear the complaints when things are not 100 percent perfect. Yes I can understand no one wants to hook up for a social, some of us dont wheel our JK's. My wife would not let me beat up her new Sahara I would end up taking my 2009 KK wheeling. In the future I'm going to buy a JK sport to go wheeling in. Right now only have the Liberty.
Saxon Steel is offline   Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 07:59 PM   #12
Jeeper
 
Roblaza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Barrie, ON Canada
Posts: 291
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saxon Steel View Post
Wow so you are another person that turns wrenches for a living. If I could go back in time I would not want to be an auto technician. It has got to be one of the most unrewarding trades there are, never hear when you do good work only hear the complaints when things are not 100 percent perfect. Yes I can understand no one wants to hook up for a social, some of us dont wheel our JK's. My wife would not let me beat up her new Sahara I would end up taking my 2009 KK wheeling. In the future I'm going to buy a JK sport to go wheeling in. Right now only have the Liberty.
Yeah, I hear that. Although, so far i've got it pretty good where I am. It's a small family owned shop, so they tend to see things that a bigger shop or dealership doesnt and they like to reward us for the hard work and the amount of work we are pumping out. It's a good place, although I wish the pay were better. LOL I actually went to school for 2 years for Policing, and decided its not truly what I wanted to do and instead started to pursue my dream of fixing cars... (an odd dream, i know...but it's a dream nonetheless LMAO). If I could, I'd sell the TJ and find a JKU to be honest. I'm still actually thinking about getting back into an XJ. I had one before the TJ and I miss it dearly. LOL Not much room in the TJ.
Roblaza is offline   Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 08:18 PM
Thread Starter
  #13
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Ontario Canada
Posts: 317
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roblaza View Post
Yeah, I hear that. Although, so far i've got it pretty good where I am. It's a small family owned shop, so they tend to see things that a bigger shop or dealership doesnt and they like to reward us for the hard work and the amount of work we are pumping out. It's a good place, although I wish the pay were better. LOL I actually went to school for 2 years for Policing, and decided its not truly what I wanted to do and instead started to pursue my dream of fixing cars... (an odd dream, i know...but it's a dream nonetheless LMAO). If I could, I'd sell the TJ and find a JKU to be honest. I'm still actually thinking about getting back into an XJ. I had one before the TJ and I miss it dearly. LOL Not much room in the TJ.
Yes I know what your saying my brother has a 2003 TJ Rubi and a 2012 JK sport S. There is nothing wrong with following your dreams just because I have mixed feeling about being a tech does not mean every one does. When you have been working flat rate dealer times for 25 years it starts wearing on you. My wife wanted to go into policing also but it did not work out. I would love to have an old cherokee there are still some pretty sweet looking ones around here. My dealer pays $27 per hour and specialists get more.
Saxon Steel is offline   Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 08:21 PM   #14
Jeeper
 
Roblaza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Barrie, ON Canada
Posts: 291
I wish i were making that much. It's sad really.... LOL I need another way to fund the jeep build. haha
Roblaza is offline   Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 08:27 PM
Thread Starter
  #15
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Ontario Canada
Posts: 317
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roblaza View Post
I wish i were making that much. It's sad really.... LOL I need another way to fund the jeep build. haha
Side jobs for friends family and buddies is a good way to make more money until you get higher wages. From what I could see from your build thread pics you look very mechanically inclined should be no problem for you.

Gary
Saxon Steel is offline   Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 08:36 PM   #16
Jeeper
 
Roblaza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Barrie, ON Canada
Posts: 291
I dont think its the skill level that's hindering me from taking on side jobs... (not to toot my own horn), It's the fact that I dont have anywhere to do them. The garage at my house is big enough to fit the snow blower in there, if i kick the garbage can out. LMAO and now that there's 12'' of snow on the ground, the driveway isnt much of an option HAHA
Roblaza is offline   Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 09:50 PM
Thread Starter
  #17
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Ontario Canada
Posts: 317
Maybe you need to get a house with a bigger garage or buy a plow for your TJ and make some $$ plowing driveways this winter. I think we are going to have a lot of white stuff this year. Where there is a will there is always a way.
Saxon Steel is offline   Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 08:34 PM   #18
Jeeper
 
Roblaza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Barrie, ON Canada
Posts: 291
No more plow... LOL i used to run a loader for a local company doing snow removal for a while. I'm officially done with that.
Roblaza is offline   Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 09:09 PM
Thread Starter
  #19
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Ontario Canada
Posts: 317
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roblaza View Post
No more plow... LOL i used to run a loader for a local company doing snow removal for a while. I'm officially done with that.
Hey I can see your point there. Remember shoveling the neighbours driveways as kids for $10. You could always.... no no just kidding LOL. Hey summer time is the best time for side jobs any ways unless you have a 2 car garage. I left the Wick this morning and we had like 2-3 inches of snow got to your neck of the woods this morning and saw Barrie had like a foot or more of snow. Good thing we didn't get 6 feet of snow like our neighbours south of us. Keep warm Jeep on man.

Saxon Steel is offline   Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off






All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:37 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC