Delaware Water Gap Scenic Drive - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > WF Local > WF Local Forums for Your Region and State > New Jersey Jeep Forum

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By jflare27
  • 1 Post By CJ River Rider
  • 1 Post By CJ River Rider
Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 10-17-2016, 06:43 AM
Thread Starter
  #1
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 75
Delaware Water Gap Scenic Drive

Hey Everyone,

The lady and I took a nice drive through the Water Gap and National/State Parks on Saturday. It gave us the opportunity to check out some of the foliage as well as do some very mild off roading (dirt roads).

Regardless, we had a great time and would highly recommend. Here's the link to the route we took:

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/40.9...53!1m0!1m0!3e0

Took about 2-3 hours going through the park, but we took our time and made some stops along the way.

adamant118 likes this.
jflare27 is offline   Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 06:11 AM   #2
Jeeper
 
CJ River Rider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Central NJ
Posts: 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by jflare27 View Post
Hey Everyone,

The lady and I took a nice drive through the Water Gap and National/State Parks on Saturday. It gave us the opportunity to check out some of the foliage as well as do some very mild off roading (dirt roads).

Regardless, we had a great time and would highly recommend. Here's the link to the route we took:

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/40.9...53!1m0!1m0!3e0

Took about 2-3 hours going through the park, but we took our time and made some stops along the way.
I couldn't agree with you more, I try to go up there at least once or twice a year.

Looking at your route, you should take the turn-off for Crater Lake. As you make the bend to follow the ridge the views are fantastic. The road is packed gravel with some ruts but you can stay in 2WD the whole time. The couple of look-outs on the way are a great place to stop. The pictures below give you the idea. These were taken this past August.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1760.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	228.8 KB
ID:	3303825   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1762.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	226.7 KB
ID:	3303833  

JAYBIRD likes this.

CJ River Rider is offline   Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 06:32 AM
Thread Starter
  #3
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ River Rider View Post
I couldn't agree with you more, I try to go up there at least once or twice a year.

Looking at your route, you should take the turn-off for Crater Lake. As you make the bend to follow the ridge the views are fantastic. The road is packed gravel with some ruts but you can stay in 2WD the whole time. The couple of look-outs on the way are a great place to stop. The pictures below give you the idea. These were taken this past August.
Awesome! This was my first attempt at a water gap trip, with the route determined essentially by dropping way points on Google maps because "that road looks fun". I'll definitely add Crater Lake to the next round. Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
jflare27 is offline   Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-07-2018, 07:49 PM   #4
Jeeper
 
adamant118's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: southern nj
Posts: 29
i would like a trip like that!
__________________
new owner of a jeep..2013 jeep jk
adamant118 is offline   Quote
Old 09-29-2018, 12:00 AM   #5
Jeeper
 
overthehillsahara's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Secaucus, NJ
Posts: 179
Doesn't always have to be in 4 wheel drive to be a great trip. Looks awesome.
__________________
88 YJ-Project: Loose Change-5.7 Lt Chevy, AX-15, Dana 44/Mits 9.5
06 F250 FX4-DD
84 CJ-7-Long Gone
overthehillsahara is offline   Quote
Old 09-29-2018, 07:14 AM   #6
Jeeper
 
CJ River Rider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Central NJ
Posts: 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by overthehillsahara View Post
Doesn't always have to be in 4 wheel drive to be a great trip. Looks awesome.

Especially with fall color season coming soon. Then stop at the Walpack Inn to eat.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGP0398.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	229.5 KB
ID:	4097651   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGP0411.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	234.8 KB
ID:	4097653  

JAYBIRD likes this.

CJ River Rider is offline   Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off






All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:02 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Jeepģ, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC