03-15-2016, 12:20 PM
Join Date: Feb 2016
Flowmaster 40 Series Family Rundown -- What's The Difference?
Classic 40 Series
The muffler that started it all, the original 40 Series Muffler is an aggressive sounding street/strip muffler that delivers a powerful “Flowmaster Sound” you’ve heard so much about it. If you really want to hear your exhaust system and that great muscle car tone – from both inside and out of the vehicle – the 40 Series is for you.
- The original high performance Flowmaster muffler
- Aggressive sound for the enthusiast you likes their exhaust LOUD
- Available in either aluminized steel or 409S Stainless
- Stainless steel mufflers covered by limited lifetime warranty
- Fully MIG welded for durability
The Super 44 delivers a powerful rich tone and is the most aggressive, deepest sounding, highest performing 2-chamber street muffler we’ve ever built! Available in either 409S Stainless Steel with a lifetime warranty or 16-gauge aluminized steel with a 3-year warranty, these mufflers feature our advanced Delta Flow Technology design and are fully MIG-welded for maximum durability.
- Deep, aggressive, high peformance exhaust note
- Two chamber power and torque enhancing design
- Race-proven, patented Delta Flow Technology
- Available in 409S Stainless Steel with lifetime warranty
- No internal packing to blow out
Developed from our Top Ten race muffler lineup for use on the street and strip. Utilizing Delta Flow Technology, this muffler gives the best performance to higher horsepower vehicles. The Super 40 features a black, oversize case, which keeps the resonance down while the deep outside tone says it’s a Flowmaster!
40 Series Delta Flow
- Works in place of any other 40 Series muffler
- Deeper, richer tone than original 40 Series muffler
- The choice of performance street machine/rod builders
- Constructed of 16-gauge aluminized steel or 409S Stainless Steel
- Fully MIG-welded for maximum durability
Flowmaster’s Delta Flow 40 Series two chamber design incorporates Flowmaster’s patented Delta Flow technology. The “Delta” deflectors generate increased scavenging for better performance and reduced interior sound. Perfect for vehicles where an aggressive exterior tone is desired with reduced interior tone.
- The quietest muffler option in our 40 Series two-chambered line
- Reduced resonance over 40 series mufflers
- Stainless steel 409S version backened by lifetime warranty
- Features advanced two-chamber design & Delta Flow technology
- Available in aluminized steel or 409S Stainless for harsh weather
- Both styles are fully MIG-welded for maximum durability