Bestop Core Doors for JK - Page 4 - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > Vendors > Bestop, Inc.

Join Wrangler Forum Today


View Poll Results: What do you think about the anticipated pricing?
What I thought Id pay, when can I buy them?! 0 0%
This is reasonable compared to the other options available and their features 1 25.00%
More than I thought, might considering buying 3 75.00%
Way too expensive, I wont buy them 0 0%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree79Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on WranglerForum.com
Old 04-12-2019, 07:50 AM   #91
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 275
Hey there [email protected] can you confirm if these are 100% fabricated and made in the USA?

Thanks!

USMCmike is offline   Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 07:45 AM   #92
Supporting Member

5-Year WF Supporting Member
 
RichL35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: South Shore, Mass
Posts: 2,597
Quote:
Originally Posted by USMCmike View Post
Hey there [email protected] can you confirm if these are 100% fabricated and made in the USA?

Thanks!
It would be great if they were, not that the Jeep was... but you can say the doors were. I would be shocked if they were actually. Places that do that kind of foundry work these days is becoming increasingly sparse in the States and brutally expensive to work with. Maybe Bestop will surprise us.
[email protected] likes this.

__________________
Nemesis is getting an LS this winter with a Motech install kit. Want to see how easy or hard the install is.... Follow here.
https://www.wranglerforum.com/f314/ne...e-2149753.html

What am I up too..? Browse some photos here. (Imgbb link)
https://www.wranglerforum.com/f31/ric...s-2163905.html
RichL35 is offline   Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 07:55 AM   #93
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 275
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichL35 View Post
It would be great if they were, not that the Jeep was... but you can say the doors were. I would be shocked if they were actually. Places that do that kind of foundry work these days is becoming increasingly sparse in the States and brutally expensive to work with. Maybe Bestop will surprise us.
I agree, part of the reason I'm asking is more about quality control of the first production run AND the time to actually have it shipped. If they are not ready soon, it'll mean they'll need to ask for another prototype from china and that'll take weeks, then a much longer time for a production run. In which case, this'll be a 'next year thing.'

Worse, to not miss the season, a "less than idea" version might be put out.

It's concerning they had a ready date for April, then it shifted to May, and they don't even have a production set ready for EJS.

So I'm using a May 15th deadline. If it's later than that, I'll cancel and re-order next year maybe.
USMCmike is offline   Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 04-13-2019, 01:46 PM   #94
Jeeper
 
rubi6speed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
I dont but i will see if i can find out!

For those heading to EJS, we will have Core Doors to show you!! They will not be full production as we are doing final testing and Engineering wont let us take them BUT you can come by and see them in person, operate them and see how awesome and light they are in person!

CassieAtBestop
Thanks CassieAtBestop
[email protected] likes this.
rubi6speed is offline   Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 02:47 PM   #95
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: SE TN
Posts: 87
Some other questions as these come into the market......


1) Will there a option for hard sliding uppers in the future?


2) will the center piece of the lower door have pockets?


3) How secure are these doors? The center piece with those tabs holding it in place seem to give the impression they would be easy to kick through. One kick, reach in and unlock, then there goes any valuables.



4) Can the door locks be re-keyed, so you can use the OEM Jeep key?




I love the look of these doors! I'm not too crazy about the price though. The upside is these doors seem to give you full, half, and tube/safari options all in one. That's great if you're limited on storage space.
[email protected] likes this.
7Slots4Life is offline   Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 03:32 PM   #96
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7Slots4Life View Post


3) How secure are these doors? The center piece with those tabs holding it in place seem to give the impression they would be easy to kick through. One kick, reach in and unlock, then there goes any valuables.
It'd be easier for someone to unzip the plastic window (which you can do from outside the jeep) or to just cut through to open the door. So I wouldn't be concerned about this.

Even if you did the glass slider retrofit, a thief could still cut the fabric under it. Not to mention, brealing the glass would be easier than kicking in a door panel (that they don't know about).


Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk
[email protected] and mattyw like this.
animusrien is offline   Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 08:39 AM   #97
Jeeper
 
screwlose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 429
Quote:
Originally Posted by USMCmike View Post
Hey there [email protected] can you confirm if these are 100% fabricated and made in the USA?

Thanks!

If they were in any way made or assembled in the US you'd be sure they would have it stamped all over it.
The fact it isn't mentioned anywhere should be your answer.
USMCmike likes this.
screwlose is online now   Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 04:52 PM
Thread Starter
  #98
Sponsoring Vendor
 
BestopTeam@Bestop's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Colorado
Posts: 5,270
Hey guys,

These doors were designed and engineered in the US, our manufacturing facility is not within the US.

We are still tracking for early May release, and let me say i am excited for you guys to get these! I have them on my Jeep for EJS all week and LOVED them!

Taking out the panels was incredibly easy and great when i wanted an additional breeze. I have a 3.8 so that engine heat can get pretty intense.

We are looking at options such as pockets, and i will mention the hard sliders.

For those that saw the doors in person at EJS were very pleased with the doors and understood the pricing. We will have them at shows all summer for those to see in person!

CassieAtBestop
rockabillyroy likes this.
BestopTeam@Bestop is offline   Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 12:28 PM   #99
Jeeper
 
rockabillyroy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 645
hard sliding uppers look good and sound like a good idea, until you have to go through a drive through, have to swipe your security badge at work parking garage.. . or want to stick your head out a little to check your wheel placements on the rocks. heh.

I'm actually considering swapping out my hard uppers for my strike force zebra doors when they come out with the soft uppers if they have zippered windows.
TRBOKEV likes this.
rockabillyroy is offline   Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 03:08 PM   #100
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: SE TN
Posts: 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
.......

We are looking at options such as pockets, and i will mention the hard sliders............



Awesome! I think those features, along with a re-keyable lock for use with the OEM, makes these doors a lot more attractive option!
7Slots4Life is offline   Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 03:18 PM   #101
Jeeper
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: SE TN
Posts: 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockabillyroy View Post
hard sliding uppers look good and sound like a good idea, until you have to go through a drive through, have to swipe your security badge at work parking garage.. . or want to stick your head out a little to check your wheel placements on the rocks. heh.

I'm actually considering swapping out my hard uppers for my strike force zebra doors when they come out with the soft uppers if they have zippered windows.



I had zippered uppers on my last two TJs and loved them.....until I had to roll up to a drive through. Unzippering the windows and fold them back to stick your hand out for the things you mentioned was a PITA to me. That was about the only thing I didn't like about them. Being able to toss them in the back for more open aired feel made me forget real quick though.



I've never had sliding uppers. I think the biggest issue I'd have with them would be to know which way to slide the glass so I'm even with the drive through window. I'd imagine they would be heavier than soft uppers too, but I'll take that trade off if they are more secure than having soft full doors.
rockabillyroy likes this.
7Slots4Life is offline   Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 05:11 PM   #102
Jeeper
 
TRBOKEV's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Phillips Ranch
Posts: 862
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Hey guys,

These doors were designed and engineered in the US, our manufacturing facility is not within the US.

We are still tracking for early May release, and let me say i am excited for you guys to get these! I have them on my Jeep for EJS all week and LOVED them!

Taking out the panels was incredibly easy and great when i wanted an additional breeze. I have a 3.8 so that engine heat can get pretty intense.

We are looking at options such as pockets, and i will mention the hard sliders.

For those that saw the doors in person at EJS were very pleased with the doors and understood the pricing. We will have them at shows all summer for those to see in person!

CassieAtBestop

A solid internal panel that covers everything would also be very nice. All of those exposed casting bars in the lower parts are the door under and around the removable panel are going to completely SUCK to clean when they get full of dust. I thought about this/realized this after coming back from a trip to calico two weeks ago and seeing just how crazy dusty my complete interior was. I cleaned my black turned tan door panels with a wet rag, however the bestops in its current state will be a complete PITA to clean. Something to consider.
rockabillyroy likes this.
TRBOKEV is offline   Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 05:13 PM   #103
Jeeper
 
rockabillyroy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 645
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7Slots4Life View Post
I had zippered uppers on my last two TJs and loved them.....until I had to roll up to a drive through. Unzippering the windows and fold them back to stick your hand out for the things you mentioned was a PITA to me. That was about the only thing I didn't like about them. Being able to toss them in the back for more open aired feel made me forget real quick though.



I've never had sliding uppers. I think the biggest issue I'd have with them would be to know which way to slide the glass so I'm even with the drive through window. I'd imagine they would be heavier than soft uppers too, but I'll take that trade off if they are more secure than having soft full doors.

I never gave it any thought until it came time to use them. The sliding glass takes away half of the opening. I had zipper windows with my old bestop element doors and the full opening works better for my needs. My big head with ball cap doesn't fit through the small space of the sliders. hahaha.
rockabillyroy is offline   Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 05:16 PM   #104
Jeeper
 
rockabillyroy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 645
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRBOKEV View Post
A solid internal panel that covers everything would also be very nice. All of those exposed casting bars in the lower parts are the door under and around the removable panel are going to completely SUCK to clean when they get full of dust. I thought about this/realized this after coming back from a trip to calico two weeks ago and seeing just how crazy dusty my complete interior was. I cleaned my black turned tan door panels with a wet rag, however the bestops in its current state will be a complete PITA to clean. Something to consider.

They might be light enough that folks might not mind pulling them off and hitting them with a hose. But i've never washed my jeep so that's just speculation. hahaha.
rockabillyroy is offline   Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 05:20 PM   #105
Jeeper
 
TRBOKEV's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Phillips Ranch
Posts: 862
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockabillyroy View Post
They might be light enough that folks might not mind pulling them off and hitting them with a hose. But i've never washed my jeep so that's just speculation. hahaha.
Id rather just have a plastic cover over it. Especially for 2K.
And yes I pre ordered... But i'm thinking of canceling.

TRBOKEV is offline   Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off






All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:08 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Jeep, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC