Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

headlight upgrade

2K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  mpr131 
#1 ·
Sick of the stock yellow-ish head lights!!! Looking for something brighter, whiter and easy to instal. I looked through many products on quadratec.com, but can't really decide what to get. Help guys!

#4 ·
AND WHATS WRONG WITH YELLOW???:rofl2:

The Q&D is the Phillips. Well worth the $$ and time for the change. If you want to go hard-core, do some research here, this issue has been discussed MANY times. The stock lights suck. I have the Phillips and the difference is amazing and works quite well.

BTW.......I just did a week in REALLY bad weather/snow/ice/sleet/rain/fog and YELLOW RULES!!!!!:punk:

#5 ·
I did the +80 Philips for about 8 months, then took another step up to the D Stern Hellas. With 'geezer vision' it's nice to have real headlights that work perfectly and are legal to boot.

This week I'm installing his fog light set up.

Tons of choices out there. While Stern's custom harness & etc were a bit spendy (nearly $400) it's really nice to find a product that performs even better than the joyful previous customers claim.

While the Philips did give an enhanced performance to stock lights that truly suck, that minimal expense proved to be inadequate in the longer run, as I 'coulda/shouldda/woudda' bought the Stern set up in the first place.

#7 ·
cu in oz: agree on the yellow ....

would have posted my own but the _(@*$&0956T!_)%&^fursinlinger buddy was actually "BUSY"....(sigh).....maybe by next week....

where's your on/off switch mounted?

#10 ·
I got myself a nice set of Hellas, a new wiring harness, and a set of osram 80/85w
All i can say is unreal!!
only complaint is these bulbs blow rather quickly so right now i have 60/65w phillips extreme (i think) and i am not so happy with the brights. I find the brights are just not focused on where i need them to be... But osram makes nice bulbs!! highly recommended

As far as your complaint about the yellowish glo... Hav eno fair these lights will have the most amazing and gorgious white glow youve ever seen.

if your one of those into HID kids tehn you can try those but imnot a fan....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.