Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

p2098, bus 60, panel open ..what does it mean??

10K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Brendap 
#1 ·
05 lj, driving to the OBX and CEL came on. Did the self diagnostic test and came up with p2098, bus 60, panel open. I have searched and found different answers from needing an update from the dealer (I checked, there is a sticker by my battery that says it was updated) to O2 sensor to exhaust leak. But I can't seem to find out what the bus 60 and panel open are. Can anyone help me out on these codes. I disconnected my battery and the p2098 is gone for now bit the others are still showing up

#2 ·
Fuel trim lean -
Check for a small break/crack/leak in the exhaust pipe behind the cat but before the rear O2 sensor(s).
It's saying it's seeing too much O2 coming out of the cat - system is running leaner than usual. It's checking on the efficiency of the cat.
If no leak, disconnect the battery for at least 8 hours to clear the long term memory. Sometimes it's a fluke and never comes back. Oxygenated fuel can do it too - change brands of fuel - to a different major brand.
Could be a big vacuum leak too, but usually it will set a lean code at same time.

Panel open - Portal open - says battery was disconnected and the Evap system has not been checked yet since both short and long term memory was reset. Sometimes it takes driving it up to 100 miles to reset. Periodically the EVAP pump runs and checks the integrity of the EVAP system. If the battery was disconnected it forgets the last time it checked, so it has to check it again. no way to force it to check, no way to know when it will either. Usually driving it 10-20 miles works, but may take up to 100 miles.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.