Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (https://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   YJ General Discussion Forum (https://www.wranglerforum.com/f290/)
-   -   Bundy Hill run (https://www.wranglerforum.com/f290/bundy-hill-run-2254578.html)

Sixotwo 03-19-2018 09:18 AM

Bundy Hill run

2 Attachment(s)
So Saturday my club had an event at Bundy hill and holy shit! I had never used 4lo, and the leader of the group knew this and started simple but by the end of the day I was on there "black" trails (think 3rd hardest difficulty out of 4). It was my first time really pushing the limits of the YJ and I was shocked at just what I could do on my own and what a large boot-full of throttle could accomplish. Did I need to get pulled out? You bet, but there were more trails that I was able to do on my own. Including a tight switchback-ish moment.

There is an area where you drop down into a small bowl (not Devils Bowl) and there are 3 steep hill climb options up, with a 4th option off to the side if you can't do those. I did the 4th because I didn't have the power or clearance to get up. This 4th option had a sharp left turn at the peak of a small hill with the down section of the hill directly off to the right. What results is an off-camber, tetter/totter 2 wheel turn that was easily the scariest thing I have done in a Jeep. It was an absolute blast!

Anyway, I love this little Jeep and everything it can do! :awesome:

Attachment 3966554

Attachment 3966562

...Now for a winch.

...and 33s.

...and lockers.

steves92 03-19-2018 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sixotwo (Post 32979474)
So Saturday my club had an event at Bundy hill and holy shit! I had never used 4lo, and the leader of the group knew this and started simple but by the end of the day I was on there "black" trails (think 3rd hardest difficulty out of 4). It was my first time really pushing the limits of the YJ and I was shocked at just what I could do on my own and what a large boot-full of throttle could accomplish. Did I need to get pulled out? You bet, but there were more trails that I was able to do on my own. Including a tight switchback-ish moment.

There is an area where you drop down into a small bowl (not Devils Bowl) and there are 3 steep hill climb options up, with a 4th option off to the side if you can't do those. I did the 4th because I didn't have the power or clearance to get up. This 4th option had a sharp left turn at the peak of a small hill with the down section of the hill directly off to the right. What results is an off-camber, tetter/totter 2 wheel turn that was easily the scariest thing I have done in a Jeep. It was an absolute blast!

Anyway, I love this little Jeep and everything it can do! :awesome:

Attachment 3966554

Attachment 3966562

...Now for a winch.

...and 33s.

...and lockers.

Nice, you will feel even more invincible with lockers haha...but tread lightly on the pedal [emoji106]🤙

1992, 4.0,5 spd, BDS 4.5 heavy duty lift, jb conversions ss sye, 8.8 with ARB, Aussie front, tj shafts, dual dia.brake booster, 33 bfg a/t

Sixotwo 03-20-2018 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steves92 (Post 32986410)
Nice, you will feel even more invincible with lockers haha...but tread lightly on the pedal

Oh yea, the more experienced guys in the group said that with lockers, you don't really need a boot full of throttle