Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (https://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   JK General Discussion Forum (https://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/)
-   -   Hoisington International Jeep Parts (https://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/hoisington-international-jeep-parts-2379053.html)

Mswhitman1 10-09-2019 11:24 AM

Hoisington International Jeep Parts

Hey gents - quick shopping question. My son won a free 8" light bar from Hoisington International through an instgram raffle with Evil Jeeps (@Eviljeeps on Instagram). Has anyone bought anything from this company or know if it's legit?

Thanks all!

Hilldweller 10-09-2019 11:33 AM

Welcome ---
Never heard of them. Google takes you to a storefront powered by shopify ---- no contact info, not much to recommend it.
Looks like a cottage business of some sort? There's a Hoisington in Kansas.... or there's also hoisin sauce in Chinese cooking...

Free lightbar is a free lightbar though. But a $55 lightbar isn't usually the best in show.

Mswhitman1 10-09-2019 11:43 AM

Thanks Bill. I had the same thought and same findings when I googled them. I reached out to them on IG as well to ask a couple of questions. Can't find a manufacturer name for the bar either. Agreed free is free, but I would have for free to be poorly built and dangerous.

Hilldweller 10-09-2019 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mswhitman1 (Post 34542035)
Thanks Bill. I had the same thought and same findings when I googled them. I reached out to them on IG as well to ask a couple of questions. Can't find a manufacturer name for the bar either. Agreed free is free, but I would have for free to be poorly built and dangerous.

I do some testing, often long-term, for automotive lighting. I'm still running a late-production set of prototype headlights from JW Speaker in my Jeep, the 8700-J, and they're doing fine. Top quality.
But I also have two sets of cheap-&-stinky Asian LED cubes that I've been thrashing. One set is almost at the 5 year mark and still work like new. The second set is almost 3 years old, the casings are badly faded, and one is yellowed on the inside of the lens from moisture. Both are still bright as bright though....

Just don't use it on the street and you should be okay.

ldtaylor93 11-17-2019 04:52 PM

Did your son end up getting it? I just won a raffle for a lightbar from them as well, and I'm wondering if it's legit.

cosmejohnpalma 12-04-2019 04:11 PM

I just won one too haha wondering if it’s legit

Old Dogger 12-04-2019 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cosmejohnpalma (Post 34609443)
I just won one too haha wondering if itís legit

Welcome to the Forum.

J_Garrett 12-05-2019 10:33 PM

I won the same thing. I was curious of it. Crappy part was having to pay $22 for shipping- it came in today straight from China. It is the shortest "bar" maybe 7 inches- no instructions. Just the light & some hardware. Totally not worth the shipping cost.

cosmejohnpalma 12-06-2019 01:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J_Garrett (Post 34611031)
I won the same thing. I was curious of it. Crappy part was having to pay $22 for shipping- it came in today straight from China. It is the shortest "bar" maybe 7 inches- no instructions. Just the light & some hardware. Totally not worth the shipping cost.

Same here! 🤣 What’s your IG?